Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri (65582 Views)

How The Binis Enslaved Igbo People For Centuries - Reno Omokri (VIDEO) / Exposed!!! Why Fulanis See Igbos As Their Worst Enemy / After Selling Assets, FG May Sell Nigerians As Slaves To Fund Budget - Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Amotekun777: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
festacman:
Blessed are the Igbo people whose eyes first behold the RISING SUN in its joyous splendour every morning before it moves on for the day's journey?

Proudly Igbo. Proudly republican. Proudly enterprising. Proudly bullish and loud.

Reno Omokri should jump into orimmiri Ngene with his daydreaming slave master tales. I am not moved.

The major reason for una backwardness... undecided
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by naijaman2225(m): 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

Fixed. In your dreams. That tiny bini village? grin grin grin grin
'THAT TINY BINI VILLAGE' CONQUERED LAGOS. GO CHECK YOUR HISTORY BEFORE COMING TO MASTURBATE ON NAIRALAND.

5 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by BKayy: 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Beer parlour talk

Bini are distinct from Igbos and Yorubas
Bini is the evolved name of the invaders that besieged the Igbo clan of Idu (Igodomigodo)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Emilokoiyawon: 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chris525:
Semantics but if you please.

You don't know the meaning of the word semantic. Using the same word for Nigeria and the entire continent of Africa is not semantics. It is ignorance.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Emilokoiyawon: 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
naijaman2225:
'THAT TINY BINI VILLAGE' CONQUERED LAGOS. GO CHECK YOUR HISTORY BEFORE COMING TO MASTURBATE ON NAIRALAND.

No be only conquer na tanker. Abeg go sleep joor. We are talking of greatness and you are talking of some inconsequential village.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Chris525: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
Your bile stems from sentiments that are beyond the scope of this discuss. I can not appease you. Farewell.

Emilokoiyawon:

You don't know the meaning of the word semantic. Using the same word for Nigeria and the entire continent of Africa is not semantics. It is ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by festacman(m): 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Struggling? I thought you wanted facts? I just gave you fact. Can you dispute it?

Sun rises in the East. #Fact
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by jimyjames(m): 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
chrisxxx:

We vehemently refuse to be associated with you people. We are a distinct ethnic group. We let Nigerians know even before the war. The Nigerian Constitution recognizes us as a distinct ethnic group. We are no you. But if you are so envy of the Ikwerre identity especially to be called Port Harcourt boy we have no problem in adopting you.
Hahaha this got me laughing loud cheesy you vehemently refuse to be associated with igbos but your royals bear igbo royal titles of EZE and Igwe? You speak an igboid dialect and answer igbo names, and ameachi's claims igbo and wike's claim bini?

The ikwerre denied igbo at the end of the war in 1970 a plot of the ikwerre with other minorities to take over east central igbo properties in rivers state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Emilokoiyawon: 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chris525:
Your bile stems from sentiments that are beyond the scope of this discuss. I can not appease you. Farewell.

Run away. Save yourself. Only the bold need play. tongue
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by HEAVEN4444: 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
jneutron4000:
When you are talking about Bini empire you are referring to the Oba dynasty which was created by Oranmiyan a Prince from Ile Ife. There was nothing like Idu/Igodomigodo empire or Ogiso empire, so in other words the Yoruba Prince from Ile Ife actually formed the Benin empire and he was the one that also form the Oyo empire. The sit the first Oba of Lagos who of course is 100% Yoruba man was given to him by Aromire because of the bond that they are all from Ile Ife. The Idu/Igodomigodo had no single influence in any Yoruba land even itehkiri land, it is only the Oba of Benin who of course has his ancestry link to Ile Ile Ife. Yoruba Itehkiris migrated from Ile ife almost the same time with Oranmiyan and the Usen people in Edo state. When the Benin Royal house started formulating stories of Ekaladerhan initiated by Erediauwa the Yoruba cut the link and stopped the special preference in Yorubaland. Even the recent appointment of the Olu of Warri shows that the Yorubas have stopped the special preference given to the Benin Royal house.
preachhhhhhhhhhhhh so in essence the bini are yorubas with another name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by afube: 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
superstar1:
So developers and chest beaters that are descendants of Igalas are even slaves of Edos and Itsekiris cheesy cheesy cheesy

The same Benin that 2000 Biafran Men and 300 women invaded and captured within 24 hours of a one-sided battle in 1967 during the Biafra secessionist war, abeg comot dat long thing from your mouth, it is making you senseless! O boy shoe get size abeg...........na Yoruba and Hausa combined we dey drag power with...........small bini kwa! abeg next page!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Etinosa1234: 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
BKayy:

Bini is the evolved name of the invaders that besieged the Igbo clan of Idu (Igodomigodo)

Names of countries evolve..

Dahomey changed theirs to Benin, Gold Coast changed to Ghana

Even the French were not refered to as French from the beginning..

Also... Apart from the Igbo history revisionists who lie to suit their propaganda, there is no sign, belief, fact , history that the igbos once had a clan in Benin land...

The indigenous people of Benin who have been present on their land has been speaking the same language as their forefathers in 1000AD... Its only outsiders that formulate stories to feed their ego About the great Benin nation

Take ur land grabbing exercise to Calabar

4 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by jimyjames(m): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
Newton85:
You've never heard of African Americans who deny thier ancestors were from Africa? Lol, are you joking? Where have you been? [b]Haven't you heard about the self-acclaimed "Indigenous Blacks" amongst African [/b]Americans who believe they're indigenous to America and will always ask you "where are the slave ships" if truly slaves were brought from Africa to America. To cut a long story short, there are African Americans who believe that the slave trade never happened.

It's not self acclaimed there are indigenous black skins native Americans those ones that looks like black Indians, they don't call themselves African Americans but natives
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by chrisxxx(m): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
jimyjames:

And can you explain further, there are 20+ igboid dialects out there, no one can tell which one is the original igbo dialect, the central igbo is a combination of different igboid dialects, can you mention which igbo clan speaks igbo?
Let me help you out. Ikwerre man has never for once considered his language to be or have anything in common with Igbo. He believes he speaks Ikwerre or Ihnurnuohna. If the Igbos exist he doesn't know. It is particularly people who study languages and for ease of language classing that came up with Igboid.
Have you ever had a second thought that if the Ikwerre people had 5 states and the Igbos were just local government what the description would have been?
We may have common ancestry with the Igbos. No Ikwerre man argues this. And that is why one tribe we easily relate with are the Igbos.
But one thing we do not agree with you people is when you want to classify us as Igbos. Truly we are not. Our languages have a lot in common as well as some other ways of life. Remember most of our grandmothers were from Igbo including my grandmother who was from Umuopara Umuahia.
When you get deeper to study our way of life and culture you will start to identify the salient differences. We have got nothing against our Igbo brothers. We love them and intermarry.
However we are not Igbos or subigbos.
Academia may have this grouping I would want you to look beyond that because we know the truth at the local level.

2 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by naijaman2225(m): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
27Pushing30:

Na why Bini no fi rise again na

fear whites o

Decimated that empire never to rise again
LOLZ... EMPIRES RISE AND FALL. WHERE ARE THE BABYLONIAN, EGYPTIAN AND SONGHAI EMPIRES TODAY? 'ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME': WHERE IS THE ROMAN EMPIRE TODAY. 'THE SUN NEVER SETS ON THE BRITISH EMPIRE': TODAY THE SUN CANNOT EVEN LOCATE THE BRITISH EMPIRE.

3 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by ThickSharon123(f): 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2021
jeff1607:
I thought this was already known by everyone. The binis loved wars and those slaves were spoils of war, some were hired mercenaries for other tribes

But what baffles me is why the Bini and is power refused to subdue the Igbo lands, as it claimed to be powerful. It doesn't make sense ooo grin...I guess the Oba or Ogiso was scared of the east.

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by HEAVEN4444: 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chris525:

Leave the Yoruba & focus on this one - Itsekiri. This is what the Britannaca had to say about the Itsekiri:

“The Itsekiri live on the coast in an area of extensive mangrove swamps and freshwater wetlands. ... Myths of origin establish that Ginuwa, the Itsekiri founder and first olu (king), was originally a prince of Benin, so that subsequent kings are descendants of the oba of Benin.”

If you please and wish to discuss, create a separate thread on the relationship between Edos & Yoruba. I’ll meet you there!

hash it out here. no need to create another thread. the crowd is here

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Malawian(m): 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
iSlayer:

It is Ika that Reno is talking about, that is rather obvious. If Bini came to ask their former slaves to assist then it means the slaves remained loyal to Bini even in freedom. Very shocking.
Even the Bini and Esans refer to Ika as OvIgbo.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by SenecaTheYonger: 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
festacman:

Sun rises in the East. #Fact

Two times a year. What happened during the 363 days? Darkness? Oh I can see the sun now.

You’re not special.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by golddust6000(m): 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chris525:

Hahahahahahaha!

So what war brought catholic to the SW & SS. Even the first church in Nigeria was in Abeokuta. Christianity was first brought in by the Portuguese but they didnt set up any church. Go and read extensively. This is not to bring down as tribe or people. It is what it is. The Christianity in Nigeria today came through the Church of England!

that is why you must read a book, your brain might be too dull to know that I said Catholicism not Christianity.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by iSlayer: 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
Maski87:
Ok we get the story ,so the ika ibo people are your slaves

Exactly!
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by chrisxxx(m): 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
jimyjames:

Hahaha this got me laughing loud cheesy you vehemently refuse to be associated with igbos but your royals bear igbo royal titles of EZE and Igwe? You speak an igboid dialect and answer igbo names, and ameachi's claims igbo and wike's claim bini?

The ikwerre denied igbo at the end of the war in 1970 a plot of the ikwerre with other minorities to take over east central igbo properties in rivers state
You don't know history. You see what Nnamdi Kanu has done to you. At the height of Igbo power and dominance in 1963 Ikwerre people were at the constitutional conference ably led by Senator Obi Wali to make case of our unique identify. Stop listening to Nnamdi Kanu.
Good enough he has been taken out of circulation. Your reasoning capacity will gradually be restored.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Chris525: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
grin grin grin

Ignorance on steroids. I take my leave.

golddust6000:
that is why you must read a book, your brain might be too dull to know that I said Catholicism not Christianity.

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by hammerDK: 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
THE AREA IN EDO STATE, REGARDED AS BINI WAS ACTUALLY IGBO LAND.

THIS WAS BEFORE THE ARRIVAL OF THE OBA OF BINI AND ITSEKIRI FROM ILE-IFE.

THE ORIGINAL KINGDOM WAS CALLED IDU AND THE PEOPLE WERE IGODOMIGODO.

IN IGBO IGODOMIGODO MEANS KEY THAT OPENS THE LOCK OR KEY.

THE PEOPLE YOU CALL BINI TODAY ARE IGBO PEOPLE, IT IS THE OBA AND HIS FAMILY THAT ARE YORUBA MIXED WITH IGBO VIA MARRIAGE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by bigtt76(f): 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
You don't even know if this one has sense or not angry

AfricanColumbus:
Reno Omokri :

# RenosNuggets

source : https://m.facebook.com/omokrireno/photos/a.111662537405860/312326664006112/?type=3&source=57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05d287NGqp8

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by iSlayer: 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
Malawian:

Even the Bini and Esans refer to Ika as OvIgbo.

The Ika are a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
BKayy:

I'll be blunt here. Na una, Ika people he is referring to as the slaves.
No need to write long grammar, we all know. Even Uniben teach it in GST124 (Nigeria people and culture)
You people put up a rebellion and decided not pay tribute one time and the Oba sent his son to put you slaves in line.

Is it that you guys don’t realize that Reno is shading Igbos as a whole, whether they later formed the ethnic group, Ika or remained in Anambra?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by UDUJ(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
golddust6000:

Lmao cheesy grin cheesy

Nairalanders are just pure unadulterated SAVAGES cheesy
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by hammerDK: 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
THE ITSEKIRI CAME WITH THE OBA.

THEY WERE HIS SOLDIERS IN THE INVASION AND MIDDLEMEN DURING THE TRANSATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE.

HOWEVER, JUST LIKE THE OBA THEY BECAME MIXED WITH IGBOS.

EVEN THE BINI LANGUAGE TODAY IS A MIXTURE OF IGBO AND YORUBA WORDS.

OR YOU CAN CALL IT IGODOMIGODO AND YORUBA.

JUST KNOW IGODOMIGODO IS IGBO.

TILL THIS DAY IN ENUGU THEY STILL HAVE IGODO FESTIVAL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IPP5VjfuY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Chris525: 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2021
On a second thought:

“ The Roman Catholicism, through the Society of the African Missions, came in 1862. The ex-slaves were organized and stations established in Lagos and Abeokuta. When the Italian Priest, Father Broghero, visited Lagos in 1863, there was a catholic church in Yorubaland.”

golddust6000:

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by golddust6000(m): 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chris525:

grin grin grin

Ignorance on steroids. I take my leave.

you can take your leave, hope you learn new thing today.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by naijaman2225(m): 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
[quote author=Emilokoiyawon post=103976236]

No be only conquer na tanker. Abeg go sleep joor. We are talking of greatness and you are talking of some inconsequential village.[/quote
TOO EARLY TO SLEEP. STILL READING. IF YOU CAN'T ACCEPT THE REALITIES OF HISTORY, THEN DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND STEER CLEAR OF NAIRALAND.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Asks Festus Keyamo To Recite Second Stanza Of The National Anthem / Aisha Buhari: Garba Shehu And Mamman Daura Undermining Office Of The First Lady / Fayose Involved In Motor Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.