Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri (65619 Views)

How The Binis Enslaved Igbo People For Centuries - Reno Omokri (VIDEO) / Exposed!!! Why Fulanis See Igbos As Their Worst Enemy / After Selling Assets, FG May Sell Nigerians As Slaves To Fund Budget - Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by iSlayer: 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
nenyewrites:

Is it that you guys don’t realize that Reno is shading Igbos as a whole, whether they later formed the ethnic group, Ika or remained in Anambra?

Don't use Igbo to take Ika damages. The Ika are slavish. Those claims by Reno cannot be extended to the Igbo hinterland and Reno knows it.

2 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Almaigaa: 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
BKayy:

Funny

Yes oo.
Igala Amaka grin
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Almaigaa: 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2021
iSlayer:

Don't use Igbo to take Ika damages. The Ika are slavish. Those claims by Reno cannot be extended to the Igbo hinterland and Reno knows it.

Ika and IGBO are all the same People, the same Tribe and the same Culture. grin grin

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by ThickSharon123(f): 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2021
iSlayer:

Lolllll. Problem for any yeye tribe that claims Igbo people from now on.
Doesn't the writing signify he isn't Igbo, but someone that wants to shake table.

If you studied rhetorics and logical reasoning in GSS you will know.
grin
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Christistruth00: 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chris525:
Even the Itsekiris were under the Bini. Reno is being smart by half for saying the Itsekiri and the Binis. It was actually the Binis.

The Bini empire was the only one in Nigeria the Portuguese and later the British referred to as ‘Great’ in all of their text. Its influence spanned into the south west to present day lagos, ondo & ekiti, beyond the river Niger up to the kalabari and even cross rivers.

Its was for the untainted loyalty of the king in calabar to the Bini throne that he choose to be banished there by the British.

While is not completely true I would like to remind you that Ogendegbe and the Ekiti Parapo Army Successfully invaded the Benin Kingdom in the 1870s and not only Captured much land and many Slaves but almost took over Benin City itself but for the desperation of the Oba of Benin in Pacifying Ogendengbe and reaching a Peace agreement with him

I would also like to remind you that as the the Ekiti drove Benin out of their Lands under the leadership of Otun Ekiti so did the Ijebu drive the Benin out of Lagos except for. Isale Eko on Lagos Island where a remnant of Benin Sought refuge after the Ijebu takeover

Edos bearing the Ijesha Yoruba Surname of Ogendengbe are descendants of the Army with Which Ogendengbe and the Ekiti Parapo invaded the Benin Kingdom

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
iSlayer:

Who were Ikas before they became slaves?
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by iSlayer: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
Almaigaa:

Ika and IGBO are all the same People, the same Tribe and the same Culture. grin grin

Lol. Ika are slaves.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by iSlayer: 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
nenyewrites:

Who were Ikas before they became slaves?

Who are they now they've been released. Proud slaves of Bini kingdom. It doesn't get lower than that.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by iSlayer: 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
Who else noticed well known Ika and Ndokwa people shunned this thread?

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by golddust6000(m): 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chris525:

On a second thought:

“ The Roman Catholicism, through the Society of the African Missions, came in 1862. The ex-slaves were organized and stations established in Lagos and Abeokuta. When the Italian Priest, Father Broghero, visited Lagos in 1863, there was a catholic church in Yorubaland.”

Oga see d difference

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by ThickSharon123(f): 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
UDUJ:

Absolute balderdash

It's true, before Nigeria become present, most the South had some form of powerful relationship. How would you know when you didn't exist, and when they brainwashed your great grandparents in the civil war.
I know because I've seen it, and not through books. smiley
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by KingOdart(m): 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ogbuefi2020:
Benin empire sold mainly yoruba and itshekiri slaves

The same Benin that the Oba is a Yoruba man

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Joydan95: 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Chris525: 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
Can you avail me your source please.

Why do you think that a lot of Ekiti/Ondo culture tilts towards the Edos other than the yoruba? Even the Iyan they eat or claim as theirs is Edo’s food. The core yorubas are known for Amala, lafun etc. Even their indigenious language is arguably Edoid.

Christistruth00:

While is not completely true I would like to remind you that Ogendegbe of the Ekiti Army Successfully invaded the Benin Kingdom in the 1870s and not only Captured many Slaves but almost took over Benin itself but for the desperation of the Oba of Benin in reaching a Peace agreement with him

I would also like to remind you that as the the Ekiti drove Benin out of their Lands under the leadership of Otun Ekiti so did the Ijebu drive the Benin out of Lagos except for. Isale Eko on Lagos Island where a remnant of Benin Sought refuge

3 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by r4bbit: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
it's just for educational purposes, don't let it get to heart.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by monex(m): 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
OChimex:

Don't believe anything you read hook-line-sinker. Reason am critically.
First, if Reno wasn't proud of the dark history, why use the pronoun "WE" making himself part of that dark history?

Answer, he gas ulterior motive why he unknowingly was proudly associating himself with that dark history. And when this happens, people always doctor their story..

Slavery between people of a kind (blacks & blacks, Africans & Africans, Asians & Asians) always involved war, and conquering people and enslaving them. So I want to ask Reno, was there a history of war between the Benin and Igbos to make them take igbos in such numbers as slaves?

If there wasn't a war between the Benin and Igbos, then I smell that the igbos, Benin, and many blacks in nigeria were just slaved, harbored, transported enroute Benin, because they have water bodies. So since Benin served as warehouse/route for slaves from all over the south south and southeast, and those not been able to go that wicked journey, maybe due to ban, had to be released, and many found their closest possible destination and settled, while a few resilient ones found their way back to their various kinsmen.

I am Edo and this is the most plausible explanation

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by goaldynboy: 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2021
I just realised that Reno Omokiri is a fool with a kid brain!

All towns with sea as their corridor are routes through which Africans of diverse tribes were sold to the Whiteman!

Whether the route was bonny, escravous, Calabar or Lagos, slaves from Igbos, yorubas, Bini, itsekiri, Calabar were all sold to the white man through any of these routes!

That does warrant the fool Omokiri to start lieng that Igbo slaves were sold to Bini or itsekiri! Can he swear with his life that no Itsekiri slave was sold to the Whiteman or even to any Nigerian?!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by nonut: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2021
Starzo:

and you didn't read where he said some of them returned to the east while others choosed to remain in Delta right??
Some of those who returned are the OSU we know today.
If you were once a slave and given a slave mark, you can never be a freeborn in those days, even if you return.
That's the reason why those people refused to return or identify with Igbos.
I don't blame them.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Abagworo(m): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2021
chrisxxx:

Let me help you out. Ikwerre man has never for once considered his language to be or have anything in common with Igbo. He believes he speaks Ikwerre or Ihnurnuohna. If the Igbos exist he doesn't know. It is particularly people who study languages and for ease of language classing that came up with Igboid.
Have you ever had a second thought that if the Ikwerre people had 5 states and the Igbos were just local government what the description would have been?
We may have common ancestry with the Igbos. No Ikwerre man argues this. And that is why one tribe we easily relate with are the Igbos.
But one thing we do not agree with you people is when you want to classify us as Igbos. Truly we are not. Our languages have a lot in common as well as some other ways of life. Remember most of our grandmothers were from Igbo including my grandmother who was from Umuopara Umuahia.
When you get deeper to study our way of life and culture you will start to identify the salient differences. We have got nothing against our Igbo brothers. We love them and intermarry.
However we are not Igbos or subigbos.
Academia may have this grouping I would want you to look beyond that because we know the truth at the local level.

You cannot compare Ikwerre with Igbo but rather sub Igbo like Etche, Ogba, Ngwa, Uratta, Ezza, Izzi, Ika, Orsu, Ukwuani, Isu etc.

Each of these groups have same level of differences with one another but the similarities makes them part of greater Igbo.

What you did is like comparing Isimbam to Ikwerre, Emohua to Ikwerre or Isieli to Ikwerre. You can compare Ishieli to Ishimbam and it will be understandable

2 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by elmodee7(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2021
Savage flat headed slaves.

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by jimyjames(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2021
chrisxxx:

Let me help you out. Ikwerre man has never for once considered his language to be or have anything in common with Igbo. He believes he speaks Ikwerre or Ihnurnuohna. If the Igbos exist he doesn't know.
It is particularly people who study languages and for ease of language classing that came up with Igboid.

Have you ever had a second thought that if the Ikwerre people had 5 states and the Igbos were just local government what the description would have been?
We may have common ancestry with the Igbos. No Ikwerre man argues this. And that is why one tribe we easily relate with are the Igbos.
[s]But one thing we do not agree with you people is when you want to classify us as Igbos[/s]. Truly we are not. Our languages have a lot in common as well as some other ways of life. Remember most of our grandmothers were from Igbo including my grandmother who was from Umuopara Umuahia.
When you get deeper to study our way of life and culture you will start to identify the salient differences. We have got nothing against our Igbo brothers. We love them and intermarry.
However we are not Igbos or subigbos.
Academia may have this grouping I would want you to look beyond that because we know the truth at the local level.

There is confusion written all over this comment of yours

1) there are close to 20+ igboid dialects out there spoken by different igboid subgroups the igbos never had a unified kingdom empire like the bini's or Yorubas so because of these many of these igboid subgroups saw themselves as a distinct ethnic group if the igbos had a unified kingdom we won't even be discussing who is igbo or not

2) secondly there are many many igbo subgroups among these 5 south east states who speak igboid dialects just like ikwerre so I see no logic in this ikwerre having 5 state comes from, there is no igbo subgroups that owns any South East state completely to itself.
3) the ikwerres speak an igboid dialect their royals bear igbo titles there is nothing more distinct in ikwerre than the other subgroups in Enugu, ebonyi, Anambra, Abia, imo or anioma in Delta

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by tishbite41(m): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
afube:

The same Benin that 2000 Biafran Men and 300 women invaded and captured within 24 hours of a one-sided battle in 1967 during the Biafra secessionist war, abeg comot dat long thing from your mouth, it is making you senseless! O boy shoe get size abeg...........na Yoruba and Hausa combined we dey drag power with...........small bini kwa! abeg next page!

Thanks for your reply

2 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by chrisxxx(m): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
jimyjames:

There is confusion written all over this comment of yours

1) there are close to 20+ igboid dialects out there spoken by different igboid subgroups the igbos never had a unified kingdom empire like the bini's or Yorubas so because of these many of these igboid subgroups saw themselves as a distinct ethnic group if the igbos had a unified kingdom we won't even be discussing who is igbo or not

2) secondly there are many many igbo subgroups among these 5 south east states who speak igboid dialects just like ikwerre so I see no logic in this ikwerre having 5 state comes from, there is no igbo subgroups that owns any South East state completely to itself.
3) the ikwerres speak an igboid dialect their royals bear igbo titles there is nothing more distinct in ikwerre than the other subgroups in Enugu, ebonyi, Anambra, Abia, imo or anioma in Delta

No need arguing with you. When are you people having the next Igbo meeting so we can attend?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by UDUJ(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
nonut:

Some of those who returned are the OSU we know today.
If you were once a slave and given a slave mark, you can never be a freeborn in those days, even if you return.
That's the reason why those people refused to return or identify with Igbos.
I don't blame them.

Please stop saying what you don't know. We are all in this forum to learn from eachother and not to get wrong information

2 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Emilokoiyawon: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
naijaman2225:

Gettat! Nobody is interested in bini village propaganda.

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by Omanze: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
AfricanColumbus:
Reno Omokri :

# RenosNuggets

source : https://m.facebook.com/omokrireno/photos/a.111662537405860/312326664006112/?type=3&source=57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05d287NGqp8

Lalasticlala
r

This, in essence, means that many of the black Americans and black Europeans claiming to have traced their root to Edo state SHOULD WATCH IT: THEY ARE MOST LIKELY IGBOS BY ORIGIN.

So, they should begin from Anambra- Eastward to fine their authentic origin.

THANKS RENO!

5 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by kingthreat(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
Jonathan39:
Retard, is your tribes men that are doing protest all over Europe and writing to Britain.

Itsekiri slave, better go and rescue your dilector in Abuja

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by UDUJ(m): 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2021
ThickSharon123:

It's true, before Nigeria become present, most the South had some form of powerful relationship. How would you know when you didn't exist, and when they brainwashed your great grandparents in the civil war.
I know because I've seen it, and not through books. smiley

Are you serious? That's interesting

1 Like

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by nonut: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
UDUJ:

Please stop saying what you don't know. We are all in this forum to learn from eachother and not to get wrong information
OSU is not just people who ran to idol for protection.
If you were a slave and returned, you're no longer a freeborn.
Stop quoting Wikipedia for me.
Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by jimyjames(m): 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
chrisxxx:

No need arguing with you. When are you people having the next Igbo meeting so we can attend?
OMG you see how confused you are? There are ikwerres in ohanaeze ndigbo

4 Likes

Re: How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri by zinizta: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chris525:

Semantics but if you please.

Not semantics

Eko is referred to the area now known as Lagos Island.... The world Eko got it's origin from Benin

Lagos is a name given by the portuguese because it shares semblance with a port city in Portugal bearing the same name and the area includes but not limited to the Lagos Island

You get?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (32) (Reply)

Reuben Abati Releases Wikileak's Secret Documents On Buhari / Two Dead As Explosion Rocks Obasanjo’s Library In Abeokuta (Graphic Picture) / Little Girls Pictured With Governor Bagudu At An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.