Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand (28466 Views)

Jewish Worshippers Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parents' Burial Detained By Soldiers / Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS / Fayose Buys Food For 150 Inmates Detained By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Eni25: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
Imagine
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by gumkord(f): 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
Mynd44:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1418098984640516096.html
I don't have issue with left hand, give me something with left hand, I collect with left hand, I don't know why people have headache over left hand, few Sundays ago my left handed son went to drop money in the offering box in the church, I saw a woman telling him to always drop money with his right hand. This is a little boy that eat and write with his left hand.
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by DWJOBScom(m): 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
bejeria101:

Are you supporting the insolence displayed by the police officer?

That's why they lose their jobs because of such stupidity.

Insolence on both parties
Avoid some trouble and leave long
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Bedtec: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
Dayvidblue:

What part of "I am left handed";don't you understand?
You're left handed does that handicap your right hand ? NB: am not supporting the officer but in crystal terms your already developed hatred for them made you see things that you should let slide become a wastage of time to you ... Mind you if there's a casualty Nigerian government no send us
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Dayvidblue: 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
Bedtec:
You're left handed does that handicap your right hand ? NB: am not supporting the officer but in crystal terms your already developed hatred for them made you see things that you should let slide become a wastage of time to you ... Mind you if there's a casualty Nigerian government no send us

Do you even make the least effort to listen to yourself before you post?

What right does the police woman have to dictate to a full grown adult which of her hands she should use.

I need to know the part of the Constitution or moral code on which your argument stands on.

1 Like

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by lexy2014: 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kaysnow:

Avoiding problem doesn’t make you a lesser person, have a nice day defender of the universe.

Accuser of d universe, u haven't answered my questions:

Is it ur important place that she had to go to?

Did d policewoman not have other important things to do than to be haggling over left hand?

Y didn't d policewoman accept that left hand isn't lesser than right and forget d unnecessary argument?
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Hotspotbro(m): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
VEXT:
Police is Ur frd, respect them..

I see what u did in there.. grin

1 Like

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by winner37(m): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
I don't really know what is wrong with some police men and women sometimes they do act as lunatic ..
One morning I was driving to work on some police men were on one check point so I slow down others cleared on the road but one stupid one refused to leave the road I tried to menuver that is were he jumped off the road used his gun to hit my hands ,i stop get down almost picked a quarell with him his colleagues starting percifying me ...
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by shegun4sur: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
BIGDADDY000:
I asked her if she was a law enforcement officer or a yoruba culture enforcer

Truth to be told, YORUBA culture forbid that, because its an insult to her,
but as a law enforcement officer and also in this 21st century as well, i think its not a big deal.

NIGERIAN POLICE DO FEEL LIKE GOD SOMETIMES

Which useless culture is that being upheld and encouraged by which idiots
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by shegun4sur: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
GiftedTitty:
The heading made me think you were detained in a cell. Anyway glad you got out. Na Niger we dey, that coconut head of yours wont do you any good. Thank God it was a female and the males weren't ready to back her up or you would be telling a different story... SHALOM.

Are you indirectly chastising her for standing on her right
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by LONIC: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
IamNumeroUno:
Your story first of all, funny, then again, reflects the sad reality of the Nigerian society.

Mention one sector, industry or agency in nigeria that is not replete with rotten people.

At the rate Nigeria is going, one might be tempted to say that the entity, Nigeria may soon seize to exist!

cease to exist
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Delary: 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
So after all your write up, the only solution you could proffer is the establishment of state police? You mean the establishment will end a woman police not to stuck her tongue out to you after wrongfully detaining for hours?

Mynd44:

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by IamNumeroUno: 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2021
LONIC:

cease to exist

Thank you!
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Fortez: 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
Really
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by arantess: 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
KillMNKnow:
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw
Hmmm
So you have sense like this

1 Like

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Lagoon0: 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kaysnow:
You should have just used your right hand and forget this unnecessary argument.
What if you had an important place to be at, that’s how you will miss it.
I was brought up to use my right hand while giving someone something.
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Adau123(m): 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
almustapha942:
eleribu ni woman yen. she wey get home training and four kids if i give her 2oo naira she no go collect?? Very stupid set of peopl
e

Like say if they give you,you no collect.You don ever see person wey reject money unless that person no opportune.abegi.
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Kaylet: 8:51pm On Jul 22, 2021
Opus85:

My brother if it is about our police force, I avoid them like plague because many of them have been soaked in the oil of corruption, bribery and wickedness due to the power they feel they have due to the uniform and being a member of the force. Many of them are sadist as you are looking at them. They can not be trusted at anytime because their allegiance is on highest bidder.

I have had encounters with them. My issue is on the discuss on if it is good or bad to use left hand to issue things to people. To me, I see nothing wrong in it so far the person is left handed. Definitely we all know majority of humans are right handed and I feel that is why it became strange accepting someone that is left handed in our culture which dated to years ago. Had it been that most humans are left handed, the right hand would have been looked at strangely too.

These are issues albinos, also face in this world. If we talk of culture, back then when twins were killed, was it not morally right for people not to accept the birth of twins until that part of culture phased out.

I have collect things from people that uses left hand to hand it over to me without even putting mind in whether it was right or wrong. We should not be taking some trivial things too serious.

There are some things that are not issues but we create them

Op would have avoided the saga if she had used a right. I disagree with that.

I wrote something earlier on, you may scroll to check.

Let's assume both parties are Yorubas.
Party A being the policewoman is angry she was given something with the left hand.

Party B is angry with Party A because she doesn't like them, most people don't just like them due to their compromise.

Let's assume that's the state of things.

If the CP or IG should pass at an angry state , the lady can loss her job for improper dressing, improper dressing includes not using your name tag.
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by 9icetoo(m): 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
Bedtec:
Madam you're stubborn on your own so you met your match , some police officers are stupid but you're claiming blame game here.. What's wrong with giving the papers with your right and forget this long story
What is wrong with the left hand? Was it created by the devil?
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by lordmans(m): 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
Some people may be applauding your action but I must tell you that you didn't do well with your interpersonal relationship. I'm also left handed and most left handed are sharp witted and smart. Inside your mind you know you wanted to ridicule that lady. In every society there are norms, mores and values.

The officer was just an expressive type, others would have treated your fuckup without the hoopla she raised. Even overseas stupid body languages would attract unnecessary hostilities to you in an indirect way. You know it's disrespectful but you chose to ride on the back of the poor image of the police force to come online to narrate how you deliberately went to provoke an officer performing her duty.

It's good to treat others with dignity. Learn to bring smile to the faces of people and see the joy it will bring to your heart. Most people say the officers are uncultured. Maybe. But go grab a copy of how to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie, you will discover lots of what's wrong in your approach. Also visit the website 16personalities.com to discover some things about yourself.
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by ReppingNaija: 2:21am On Jul 23, 2021

1 Like

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by vikgreen01(m): 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
lordmans:
Some people may be applauding your action but I must tell you that you didn't do well with your interpersonal relationship. I'm also left handed and most left handed are sharp witted and smart. Inside your mind you know you wanted to ridicule that lady. In every society there are norms, mores and values.

The officer was just an expressive type, others would have treated your fuckup without the hoopla she raised. Even overseas stupid body languages would attract unnecessary hostilities to you in an indirect way. You know it's disrespectful but you chose to ride on the back of the poor image of the police force to come online to narrate how you deliberately went to provoke an officer performing her duty.

It's good to treat others with dignity. Learn to bring smile to the faces of people and see the joy it will bring to your heart. Most people say the officers are uncultured. Maybe. But go grab a copy of how to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie, you will discover lots of what's wrong in your approach. Also visit the website 16personalities.com to discover some things about yourself.

I seconded this
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by GiftedTitty: 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
shegun4sur:

Are you indirectly chastising her for standing on her right

I'm not sir, I'm just giving a word of caution.
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by 9jaRealist: 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2021
Mynd44:

BIGDADDY000:
I asked her if she was a law enforcement officer or a yoruba culture enforcer

Truth to be told, YORUBA culture forbid that, because its an insult to her,
but as a law enforcement officer and also in this 21st century as well, i think its not a big deal.

NIGERIAN POLICE DO FEEL LIKE GOD SOMETIMES

SUPERSTITIOUS ZOO… angry
>
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by almustapha942: 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
Adau123:

Like say if they give you,you no collect.You don ever see person wey reject money unless that person no opportune.abegi.

collect 200 for what, i dey wear black on black with beret??
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by wealthtrak: 11:16am On Aug 06, 2021
Bedtec:
Madam you're stubborn on your own so you met your match , some police officers are stupid but you're claiming blame game here.. What's wrong with giving the papers with your right and forget this long story
@Bedtec, your post made a lot
of sense!

I wonder why some women and men make a mountain out of a mole hill! In Asia, America and Europe, cultural etiquetes exist and if those social rules are violated you as a foreigner will get into trouble with the locals. Eating habits, greeting gestures, and more are guided by social codes. For instance, you are supposed to
hold your fork with the left hand and the knife with the right hand.

The younger Chinese don't call those who are older by their
names!

Using the right hand to give
someone something in Nigerian and indeed African cultures is the norm because the left hand is used to pick dirty stuff or wipe in the
rest room, before washing the
hand with liquid soap or
disinfectant.

It's low self-esteem that makes some young people in Nigeria
to think that cultural rules are
outdated when indeed the
Western countries and Asians
still hang on to their cultures.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Acting NIA DG, Arab Yadam & Acting SGF, Habiba Lawal (Pictured) / 2023 Elections: Generals In Fresh Move To Rescue PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.