Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) (50048 Views)

Tolulope Arotile Was Mistakenly Killed By Her Ex Schoolmate - NAF / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by seunny4lif(m): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
5 SU25 from Russia will do the job or buy those nice Turkish drones
It’s small and cheap bomber

1 Like

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Tonitoniton(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
It is either Buhari will dash his brothers this old war plane or they will happily shoot it down. Buhari is enjoying his game
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by fitinwell: 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
Format....

Plane wey no sabi locate Boko haram hide out... Kidnapping hideout,..
Bandits..

Everyday for the thief ...

One day...one day..
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Theunbothered: 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nice, hope they see action in Borno
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Xbee007(m): 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
Basicend:
Is it only 1 aircraft, and you are making news about that. .

A whole NAF? something that only cubana and friends will buy for them. . .
12 units actually. 6 landed today. The remaining six are coming shortly.

Does Cubana have 500 million dollars in his account?

2 Likes

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
NewDelhi:
Either it crashes or it gets seized by Boko Haram

See them. Enemies of progress. You forgot a Nigerian like you will lose his life if your evil wishes come true
. Let's stop wishing death on these poor soldiers because u hate Buhari.

1 Like

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Lightorder: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
KillMNKnow:
IPOB terrorists here we come

They'll hear paveway across the sad yeast
the type they bring down with even catapult. Nigeria should rather acquire bags of rice and tapiocas. That is what we would celebrate now
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Xbee007(m): 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
igbsam:
grin grin grin

If there's anything called locomotive jet. This is a perfect example.
Your ignorance is amusing.

3 Likes

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by tobstarizhia(m): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
Just one?
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Theunbothered: 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
Tetehjewels:

You clearly don't know history. The super Tucano came into being in 1999 and not second world war era. It is still being effectively used by 1st world countries like USA for light attack missions specifically for insurgency.

It is swift, very maneuverable yet slow enough to use it's precision laser guided array of weapons to neutralize all targets it engages.

It is perfect for the fight against Bokoharam/Iswap

I just hope they don't shoot it down like they did to the last alpha jet
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Xbee007(m): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
tron23:
This is nice oh...but just asking arent there any second F-16 fighter jets for sale in all of eastern Europe (UKRAINE, RUSSIA etc).They are more effective and can also be used for dealing with external aggressions effectively than these WWII planes. Haba.

Also, why cant we install or purchase PREDATOR drones...come on. Even CIA has drones, the cost to effectiveness ratio of drones are much better than these WWII planes.

No comment.
The is the best plane for COIN operations. It is a great CAS airplane for low income nations fighting in low threat environment.

We are also getting 8 drones, CH4, Wing Loong II, and CH3. They are coming later this year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
seunny4lif:
5 SU25 from Russia will do the job or buy those nice Turkish drones
It’s small and cheap bomber

A lot of you just make very ignorant comments. You want to compare an Su25 made in 1981 to a Super Tucano made in 1999/2003? Na wa for una o.

Tomorrow you would still complain that Nigeria is using outdated light attack aircraft if they acquire the su25.

The Super Tucano is miles ahead of the Su25 except in speed and rate of climb. Array of Weaponry, range, ceiling, being small enough to avoid being hit, etc the Super Tucano is King

https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/compare-aircraft-results.php?form=form&aircraft1=718&aircraft2=195&Submit=COMPARE

2 Likes

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
Tetehjewels:

You clearly don't know history. The super Tucano came into being in 1999 and not second world war era. It is still being effectively used by 1st world countries like USA for light attack missions specifically for insurgency.

It is swift, very maneuverable yet slow enough to use it's precision laser guided array of weapons to neutralize all targets it engages.

It is perfect for the fight against Bokoharam/Iswap

Don't mind them. They are shamelessly exposing their ignorance cos of the hate for this government. Anyone who wishes death on Nigerians will not live to see Nigeria's rise.

1 Like

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Jhydeezle: 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
I concur
NewDelhi:
Either it crashes or it gets seized by Boko Haram
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by therajah: 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
triple996:
Ipob go hear am grin.
Oya ESN , bandits and Boko boys una go hear wuei!!!
Let d wailling Begin cheesy
Dont include bandits and boko.boys.. they will never kill their own employees...
They dont need a jet to finish them. If they determine to get them, Nigeria army can do it on foot! Who are they!
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2021
tobstarizhia:
Just one?

First batch. 6 In total just received. The rest are on their way
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by okoroemeka(m): 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2021
KillMNKnow:

am I seeing correctly or not,pls is that aircraft a spitfire ,Messerschmitt or a Japanese zero used during the second world war, because I am seeing a propeller on the fuselage,this aircraft is an old antique that belongs in the museum

3 Likes

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2021
DrBrainstorm:
Something wey BH go bomb with their also newly acquired surface-to-air missile system.

Pls No, Bokoharam must be crushed and wiped out completely along with their bandits brothers.
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
okoroemeka:
am I seeing correctly or not,pls is that aircraft a spitfire ,Messerschmitt or a Japanese zero used during the second world war, because I am seeing a propeller on the fuselage,this aircraft is an old antique that belongs in the museum

In this time of free Google access Your ignorance surely gives you orgasms

3 Likes

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by EricBraven: 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
Theunbothered:

The alpha jet probably got hit cos it was on night mission
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by musa234(m): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
KillMNKnow:

Pay back time motherfckers

Well granddaddy came home in a B-52
In a pine box covered in gree white green
He was one of the brave and the proud and the few
21 guns helped us say goodbye
I stood there in silence trying hard not to cry
As the preacher he quoted lines written in red
And he folded his bible in a broken voice he said
There's only two people whose ever died for me
Laid down their lives just so I could be free
They both went through hell bared crosses and shells
And both got back up again after they fell
They never pick a fight but their there to pick up the pieces
God only knows where we'd be without soldiers and Jesus
It seems like the news loves to run em' both down
Whenever we need em' there always around
So don't hand me a parties political views
There's left side and right side and then there's the truth
To me there both heroes for the path that they chose
One fights for my life one fights for my soul
Soldiers and Jesus
Well granddaddy came home in a B-52
In a pine box covered in green white green.
Always on every thread causing problems.. Are you this jobless?
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by skywalker240(m): 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
TA4TA4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdeT-7ckcyA

Hope the contract included training pilots in flying the aircraft and engineers in servicing and fixing future problems we might encounter in using the aircraft......
Do you really expect an abokii to reason towards that path?
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by EricBraven: 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
okoroemeka:
I think you should stay out of conversation involving people with wisdom

2 Likes

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by shegzhkn: 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
tron23:
This is nice oh...but just asking arent there any second F-16 fighter jets for sale in all of eastern Europe (UKRAINE, RUSSIA etc).They are more effective and can also be used for dealing with external aggressions effectively than these WWII planes. Haba.

Also, why cant we install or purchase PREDATOR drones...come on. Even CIA has drones, the cost to effectiveness ratio of drones are much better than these WWII planes.

No comment.

Lol, this one is even comparing the company with one banana republic establishment.

1 Like

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by seunny4lif(m): 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2021
You want to compare SU25 attack jet with this one?
Tetehjewels:

A lot of you just make very ignorant comments. You want to compare an Su25 made in 1981 to a Super Tucano made in 1999/2003? Na wa for una o.

Tomorrow you would still complain that Nigeria is using outdated light attack aircraft if they acquire the su25.

The Super Tucano is miles ahead of the Su25 except in speed and rate of climb. Array of Weaponry, range, ceiling, being small enough to avoid being hit, etc the Super Tucano is King

https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/compare-aircraft-results.php?form=form&aircraft1=718&aircraft2=195&Submit=COMPARE
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2021
Theunbothered:

Then you don't know a Tucano. The ceiling of a Super Tucano is roughly 35,000 feet while and anti aircraft guns we see Bokoharam using have a maximum range of 15000 feet. They cannot touch the Tucano

1 Like

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by WayoProphet: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
Smh, they no see F16 or F22 Raptor buy. Who still dey use Tuscano jet in this age.
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by FatherCHRISTMAS: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
TheCOAS:

Na so so negative thoughts full una head...ewu!
grin
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
seunny4lif:
You want to compare SU25 attack jet with this one?

Read and get more knowledge. It would help you. A Tucano is specifically tailored for what an Su25 cannot do. It is King over the su25

1 Like

Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by ednut1(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
TheAviator:

Please, stop imagining fake things that don't happen. You don't have to think negative always.
get lost
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by begge: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
These are waste of fund, because the weapon will be hijack very soon by the boko haram
Re: NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) by FatherCHRISTMAS: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
DrBrainstorm:
Something wey BH go bomb with their also newly acquired surface-to-air missile system.
missile kwa grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Vehicle Falls Off Gwagwalada Bridge / Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. / Visa Free Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.