Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America (3226 Views)

Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin / Transition To Tech, It's Worth It! / My Journey To The Programming World - Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by wwwtortoise(m): 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

True look into cloud business platforms. Sap, salesforce or servicenow. Those ones are much more valuable than ACCA.

How about sage50.
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
wwwtortoise:

How about sage50.
Nooooooo!
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by Carmal90(m): 9:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Use freetutorialsus or tutsgalaxy.net

Pls I sent a pm sir
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by Gerrard59(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2021
Jafaar:
I did art subjects in my waec,is there a country I can study software engineering as a degree with them

Pick one very easy art inclined course say Guidance and Counselling. While in the university, learn coding on the side. You don't have to study software engineering (five years course opposed to most art based disciplines) to be a programmer. Also, you choosing Art subjects in WASSCE might mean you have deficiencies in mathematics. However, if you know your maths, then choose Computer Science. The earlier you leave the system, the better for you.
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by wwwtortoise(m): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Nooooooo!

Please what are your reasons.
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by Nobody: 4:54am On Jul 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Is there a way to reduce the size of those courses in freetutorials? The ones I am seeing here reach 20GB
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:14am On Jul 24, 2021
ClixMaster:
Is there a way to reduce the size of those courses in freetutorials? The ones I am seeing here reach 20GB
You cant o. That's the size.
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

You cant o. That's the size.
Oboi shocked
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by shegzhkn: 8:35am On Jul 24, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

The area which made me think well is the bootcamp path to getting into the career. Really, it is not necessary again like you said to go to a formal institution and obtain a BSc or MSc; however, going the route is a way to getting into the world where opportunities abound. Student visa used to be the main reason young people (at least younger people are into it more) travelled out of Nigeria before every Jack and Jerry took advantage of the loopholes in visa interviews. And if you look at it well, Canada, Australia, UK, and most EU have corrected this mistake leaving only the US still making the errors. Some have criticized the US of being after revenue realised from visa applications. While visa revenue for the UK has decreased drastically (it is a well fact known cos the rush there used to be the same as the US), the visa application process has been corrected to award visas to only people with good intention of doing exactly what they applied for. Also, I heard Canada talked to the US to change their interview pattern as many with the intention of going to Canada pass through the US cos of the leakages in the visa interview procedure there. I dont think the US consular have admitted their process is flawed. Hmmm! Well, we can see what Covid-19 has just done. In fact, only student and immigrant visa are attended to in the US consular at this time. I am sure that visa revenue of other nations have surpassed that of the US now. Perhaps, this will open the eyes of the consular department there.

Now, back to my main point; though, going for a formal education in programming may not be necessary to get a job, but anyone who aspires to be great might need it to cross to the western world. Well, not necessarily a degree program in computer science, but in another course. But someone who has already had a degree in it may really consider this option. Just the way you entered the US.

I see computer science and related programs - BSc, MSc and PhD as opportunities for immigrants in the western world. That's all. More citizens of the western world are losing interest in university programs. After all, updated and innovative studies are not always in colleges syllabuses.

Nice video. I hope this will encourage sleepy programmers who are contented with peanuts they are making and feeling food cos of forex advantage. If there should be a group of people who should aspire to leave Nigeria, the group should be programmers. They have nothing much doing here. This is the truth. Nigeria isn't paying them well.

Peanut, can you a value to ur assertion??
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

I can help this guy out if he wants an udemy course.
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by Fidelismaria: 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2021
SageX1444:

I'm not the guy but I could really use an udemy course.

Thanks!
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by genaro2000(m): 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2021
SageX1444:
Hello bro, am the guy,am just seeing your post now, I need the complete JavaScript,and also the reactjs course from same tutor. Please if you have, let me know and quote me
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by McStoic(m): 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

My brother, you that are in the US know why the nation might be more rewarding than any Asian or even EU nation. I do not want to say much cos I know what I am saying, and you that are living there know too. Lol. Having said that, I still recommend these nations first: the US tops the list, followed by the UK and Canada. Australia would have been on my list, but how they treated those Indians students during the pandemic made me lose interest in the nation. That Naijas can even claim "the US is no man's land" is something I like about that country. And if not for the US, knowledge would be hidden. Most secrets and knowledges are declassified because of the US. Harvard Reviews, Standford materials, Yales articles, etc...all are invaluable tools. Even they make available before every other nations started doing it all research data in all departments. Their rural extension programs are solid with research papers published online. I mean, you can learn anything from anywhere with all the materials Americans put online. See eh...that nation will forever be the world champ if she continues like this.

I was having an argument with someone. And I was telling the person that in as much as Canada has so called advantage over other countries or should I say a good standard of living, it's still miles behind the USA. I don't know how to explain it, but I just feel with USA you have so much opportunities unavailable elsewhere.. For Canada to even conveniently compare with USA, Canada has to rise to the number of population USA has and still manage herself well.

You can literally be what you wanna be in the USA. I love the country jare. God bless America!!!
Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
genaro2000:

Hello bro, am the guy,am just seeing your post now, I need the complete JavaScript,and also the reactjs course from same tutor. Please if you have, let me know and quote me
Fedelismaria text me on WhatsApp zero 8 five...7 8 eight.

Please don't quote this.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Tech From The Streets Of Lagos To The Corporate America by Damlo1: 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
Denied,good morning bro...good morning
Pass me your document which I did..which state are you going to?..Wisconsin.so you are going to study occupational health and safety technician....No,although..(she cuts in )...what do you do?I work with Motayo plus hotel and haulage services.who is your sponsor?..I have a part tuition scholarship,my eldest brother will be responsible for the balance of the tuition and other ex(she's cut in again?)sorry...and she gave me d blue paper

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inspire To Be An HACKER? Come In Then.. / Web Development, SEO, Website Management At Good Prices / Help! Need Computer Science Project Topics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.