Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort (21759 Views)

Spring Hill Construction Now Recruiting For Fresh Graduates (3 Positions) / Do People Really Get Jobs In Nigeria Using Linkedin? / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by Goldbw122(m): 9:09am On Jul 24, 2021
Well there are other means to make that happen, get a skill before you graduate..

1 Like

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by Seniorwriter(m): 9:10am On Jul 24, 2021
News for regular job seekers not for Remote / Online Job seekers....
Reason I keep campaigns for Online/ Remote Job earning ways via any or all of these:
# Skill
# Service
# Investment Capital
If you have access to internet + browsing gadgets and you yet earn a dime from your online activities then you are very unwise!
There are thousands of ease2access ways to earn @least $50 - $100 weekly via online, why not get mentorship on how to become financially sufficient for a token mentorship fee!

For details just reach out via the facebook Id on my profile's personal text.
Be proactive.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by Cokahot: 9:10am On Jul 24, 2021
Don't forget agbero and lastma wohala
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by kenoyad: 9:11am On Jul 24, 2021
oracle2012:
In Nigeria,you have this options to survive.

1. Become an Uber or bolt driver.Apply by searching for their website contact or download their App .You could be making up to N350,000 monthly.

2. Keke or shuttle bus driver cum owner.You can get Keke tricycle or shuttle bus on hire purchase ,within two years ,you become fully the owner.As a hire purchase driver in Onitsha were I live ,you could be earning N4000 to N5000 daily ,after paying your daily pay for the hire purchase.Same thing if you drive Keke tricycle or shuttle bus for an owner or company.
To discover where to get Keke tricycle or shuttle bus,start meeting Keke tricycle and shuttle bus drivers and ask them.

3. Last option,if you fear to drive or driving or you need to earn money to pay for your driving school and driver's license both which can cost up to N50,000.

Be come a bus conductor.You can earn up to N3000 daily.Then save money to be used to get a driving license and pay for driving school.To start ,go to any motor park and ask around.

Good luck
THIS ADVICE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR GRADUATES WHO ARE UNEMPLOYED OR WORKING AT VERY POOR PAYING JOBS LIKE TEACHING IN PRIVATE SCHOOLS.

Francis Obinna Okoye , FIMC, FIMS. is a consultant and MD of Fokoye Associates.

Thank you for the thread.
I'm interested in getting a car or tricycle for hire purchase, I'm based in Ibadan and hope to migrate to Abuja or Lagos. Can you please help with getting this done.

1 Like

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by mkoabiola: 9:13am On Jul 24, 2021
Trash write up
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by LandMann: 9:15am On Jul 24, 2021
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by ednut1(m): 9:16am On Jul 24, 2021
350k from uber
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by deleo16(m): 9:17am On Jul 24, 2021
cool angry

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by Tobichuks08: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2021
LandMann:

Video editing, transcription and related services. 4+ years and still learning
what's your average monthly earning?
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by KingofHearts(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2021
abibshine:
I read this with a saddened heart

Thank you though

Nigeria is hard for most of us

Well !! we are sad about so many things but being sad will never put food on anybody’s table.
This is the POVERTY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD and I hope that sinks in well. As far as you live here you have to find a legitimate way to earn.

N120Billion Naira market is too big to leave alone with the Agberos.

There is no point sitting at home for 7 years without a job because you spent most of your time applying for very limited jobs and seeking more knowledge.

This is the time to work 3jobs because we are a poor nation. Agbero during the day+ freelancer during the night + student at weekends…crazy but better than turning your CV into a mirror!!

Find informal ways of earning here or skills that can earn you USD remotely..There are very limited jobs but countless informal opportunities.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by kokoboy4life(m): 9:24am On Jul 24, 2021
LandMann:

Video editing, transcription and related services. 4+ years and still learning

Kindly tell me more about the transcription skill. Thanks.
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by Uniswap: 9:26am On Jul 24, 2021
kings59:
What's now the purpose of going to a university or having a degree?

To bear the graduate title grin

Beware this title does not make you immune from hunger cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by PitexyBaba(m): 9:27am On Jul 24, 2021
abibshine:
I read this with a saddened heart

Thank you though

Nigeria is hard for most of us

Sobs.
John 11:35

1 Like

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by Kokaine(m): 9:34am On Jul 24, 2021
oracle2012:

1. Become an Uber or bolt driver.Apply by searching for their website contact or download their App .You could be making up to N350,000 monthly.

2. Keke or shuttle bus driver cum owner.You can get Keke tricycle or shuttle bus on hire purchase ,within two years ,you become fully the owner.As a hire purchase driver in Onitsha were I live ,you could be earning N4000 to N5000 daily ,after paying your daily pay for the hire purchase.Same thing if you drive Keke tricycle or shuttle bus for an owner or company.
To discover where to get Keke tricycle or shuttle bus,start meeting Keke tricycle and shuttle bus drivers and ask them.

3. Last option,if you fear to drive or driving or you need to earn money to pay for your driving school and driver's license both which can cost up to N50,000.

Be come a bus conductor.You can earn up to N3000 daily.Then save money to be used to get a driving license and pay for driving school.To start ,go to any motor park and ask around.

Good luck
THIS ADVICE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR GRADUATES WHO ARE UNEMPLOYED OR WORKING AT VERY POOR PAYING JOBS LIKE TEACHING IN PRIVATE SCHOOLS.

Some people will see this post as a joke but I appreciate it. I was a hustler back in the day. I drove a company's bus after I left uniben and I was always on Benin Lagos road.

No matter what you do, its better than the loniless that comes with idleness and been broke. Its more honourable than crime. If I had a keke back then or a shuttle to drive to survibe, I would have done it with a big smile. Ne'er look down on your hustle. Every hustler has a pay day

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by Oweku: 9:36am On Jul 24, 2021
Op.. I will give u 1 night with my girlfriend... U have done well..
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by Truflame: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2021
No nation or people can rise spiritually and physically without obeying the "Voice of God."

Everything is spinning out of control because we've abandoned the "Voice of God."

And if think the Voice of God is simply by going to church on Sundays or by hitting your head on concrete five times daily...

You're living in grand illusion !

1 Like

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by money121(m): 9:38am On Jul 24, 2021
Ok
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by shegzhkn: 9:38am On Jul 24, 2021
iLegendd:
Lemme not say anything before this thread catches fire.

Guy talk something, person dey earn what they normally refer to as fat salary, you go weigh in call am 'slavery', wetin go be this one ??

Lol.
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by iLegendd(m): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2021
shegzhkn:

Guy talk something, person dey earn what they normally refer to as fat salary, you go weigh in call am 'slavery', wetin go be this one ??

Lol.

Let me confess.

70% of the time, I don't read most of these posts. I comment based on the title. I only read when my attention is drawn to it for the second time.
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by Oka4: 9:43am On Jul 24, 2021
Some ppl will castigate and criticize dis post, but this is d reality on ground in Nigeria if we tell ourselves the truth. I was teaching in a private skul earning 40k before corona broke out. Am now into transport and i can gladly tell you dat in 1yr of driving I've made more dan I made in 5yrs of teaching. Not minding dat i have MSc from the prestigious University of Ibadan oooo

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by Keleway(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2021
oracle2012:

Good luck

I'm interested in the the first option but I don't have a car yet. Is there hire purchase option for that?

1 Like

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by shegzhkn: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2021
iLegendd:

Let me confess.

70% of the time, I don't read most of these posts. I comment based on the title.

grin

We plenti for there.

But seriously what will you opine here ??
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by iLegendd(m): 9:46am On Jul 24, 2021
shegzhkn:

grin

We plenti for there.

But seriously what will you opine here ??

I no get strength to read am, so I'll just ignore. I haven't slept since yesterday. I'm looking for a way to sleep, but it's not forthcoming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by SimplePlan34: 9:46am On Jul 24, 2021
Na so
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by DARLINGTON869(m): 9:53am On Jul 24, 2021
This OP is talking gibberish. I did Uber and I can tell you with my full chest that #350,000 a month is not any where near realistic. Even if you own the car and work for 31 days at a stretch, #350,000 after, fuel, vehicle maintenance, Uber and bolt commission is a pipe dream.
The best time uber or bolt favoured drivers was when it newly launched into Nigeria. Then the fares were on a high side that favoured drivers. These present time, it's all peanuts for drivers.

7 Likes

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by yemmywesey(m): 9:56am On Jul 24, 2021
Oka4:
Some ppl will castigate and criticize dis post, but this is d reality on ground in Nigeria if we tell ourselves the truth. I was teaching in a private skul earning 40k before corona broke out. Am now into transport and i can gladly tell you dat in 1yr of driving I've made more dan I made in 5yrs of teaching. Not minding dat i have MSc from the prestigious University of Ibadan oooo

Nah uber or korope you dey drive
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by OnyeOlokoro(m): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2021
I really weep for this country and it's graduates .

It's difficult here

2 Likes

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by Oghenerobo2002(m): 10:01am On Jul 24, 2021
LandMann:
Last month just over $1200 from Freelance work.
This month, around $800 already.

Sorry for you if you don't want to learn a digital skill so you can escape from the wicked clutches of Nigerian employers.
Can you give me some tips/guide on how/what to start?
Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by tunero1010(m): 10:04am On Jul 24, 2021
Making 350k a month is just an ordinary paperwork, you can't get that when you get to the back of the steering. Uber will take 25% commission, buy fuel, spare parts, task force, and all the stress?

2 Likes

Re: Graduates: 3 Ways To Get Immediate Jobs In Transport Business With Little Effort by Alexious(m): 10:05am On Jul 24, 2021
Well, the topic caught my attention because am a transportpreneur and I strongly believe that is a lot of money to be in transportation, especially road transport.
However, we will need to think outside the box, come up with creative ideas to solve transport challenges in our location and cities where we stay.
There is profit to make in uber/bolt ( E- hailing) especially when the vehicle is yours, but there is also mass transit and the very new Bus hailing which is just springing up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unilever Field Sales Officer Assessment 2016 / Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. / Points to note before sending out your CV to a recruiter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.