Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots (34487 Views)

Antetokounmpo & Anthony Joshua On Forbes 50 Highest-Paid Athletes 2023 List / Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year / Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by HEAVEN4444: 8:14am On Jul 24, 2021
theTranscriber:
I was 6'3" when i left sec school
I'm approximately 6'5 now
everyone in my family including the girls are over 5'9

I am a pure Yoruba man
All the Igbo I've met are shorter than I am
I'm kinda thin though cheesy
Igbos generally have more muscle but height is a no no for igbos heaven4444
its true. i believe you
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Newton85: 9:03am On Jul 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
born in auchi. yoruba heritage. dad was in army stationed at auchi baracks
Really? Kamaru Usman is of Yoruba heritage? Can you please further enlighten me? Where is his father's state of origin?
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by theTranscriber: 9:16am On Jul 24, 2021
Uchasa:

Nice to hear that! All the Igbos I met are taller than all the Yorubas I've met, even here in PH it's the thesame. What an irony!
I don't think you lived in SW
Most Yoruba live in the SW
We don't really go out if our lands
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Dynamotrade: 10:19am On Jul 24, 2021
Buying any of these at above market rates
BTC
GREEDOT FUNDS(spending/mail)
CHIME FUNDS(spending /mail)
Go bank (spending/mail)
Go2bank(spending)
Lily
Aspiration
Money lion
GOOGLE CARD
SEPHORA
NORDSTROM CARD
VANILLA4847/4941/5432
4142/5336/4118/5164
WMVISA
VISA 4034/4358
AMEX 3779
EBAY CARD
AMAZON CARD
GREEN DOT
Wal Mart money
GO BANK
NIKE CARD
FOOTLOCKER
APPLE CARDS
NETSPEND.

CONTACT ON WHATSAPP: +2347085407262
Fast and reliable
Quick payments once confirmed.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Uchasa(m): 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
theTranscriber:

I don't think you lived in SW
Most Yoruba live in the SW
We don't really go out if our lands

Stop saying what you don't know. There are many Yorubas here in Port Harcourt, working in oil companies and banks.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Uchasa(m): 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2021
Newton85:
Really? Kamaru Usman is of Yoruba heritage? Can you please further enlighten me? Where is his father's state of origin?

Shut up bro!
Kamaru Usman is Edo
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Simbrixton(m): 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2021
Uchasa:

Shut up bro!
Kamaru Usman is Edo
he is edo and not bini that is a big difference nothing concern am with Oba of Bini palace
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by chysam: 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2021
I am an armed robber
I live in USA
I have killed so many people
I am worth $500 000 000
My root is from south eastern Nigeria but I am unable to track the exact town or community

Please can somebody help me?
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by lyricaldaboss(m): 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2021
My nigga , Giannis, don't come o. Stay where you are, nothing for you here.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by theTranscriber: 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2021
Uchasa:

Stop saying what you don't know. There are many Yorubas here in Port Harcourt, working in oil companies and banks.
lol
See this one
I'm sure the amount of Yoruba in Rivers State is not more than 5k grin
We all know that Igbos in otta alone is more than that grin

Abeg no dey argue nonsense grin
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by whirlout: 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
Its okay to go home and trace your roots afterall Nigeria will always try to bask in your success never mind if your Dad didnt make that wise move to Europe, you will be here rotting like most youths today. But enough of that misspelt last name propaganda , your papa changed your name to give you a better life and remove association with the hell hole country, it is quite understandable. You go from Adetokumbo to Antetekumpo...that is more like modification than mispelling.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by afube: 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2021
YungMillionaire:

Really? They bear Adetokunbo in Onitsha? shocked shocked

i heard their real igbo native name is Ofili..........the alias 'adetokunbo' was the name on the passport with which he used to claim asylum in Greece! if not why hellenize adetokubo to antetoukoupos.....otherwise tell us where they come from in yorubaland.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by afube: 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
codemaniacs:

Davido's son is Igbo.. davido is 0.75 Igbo and 0.25 Yoruba .

yes o...his paternal grandmum is igbo, in fact Davido's father's and uncles first language is igbo....they were all born in Enugu.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nisiw365: 9:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
afube:

yes o...his paternal grandmum is igbo, in fact Davido's father's and uncles first language is igbo....they were all born in Enugu.
Another low self esteem dude. That they are born in Enugu, does it change the fact that they are yorubas?
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by YungMillionaire: 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
afube:
i heard their real igbo native name is Ofili..........the alias 'adetokunbo' was the name on the passport with which he used to claim asylum in Greece! if not why hellenize adetokubo to antetoukoupos.....otherwise tell us where they come from in yorubaland.

Guy you are late to the discourse. Go back and read. It has been proved that they are from Ondo state.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by 9jaRealist: 11:59am On Jul 25, 2021
robosky02:

https://thenationonlineng.net/nba-mvp-antetokounmpo-to-trace-nigerian-roots/

What do they mean by “trace” his roots?!
His eldest brother still lives here in Nigeria!

>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIFOKB_FZHE
>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by 9jaRealist: 12:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
afube:

Antetokounmpo is simply Adetokunbo spelt out in Greek…
In Greek, the letters “NT” is pronounced as D, and “MP” as B.

>

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Wins Afrowomen Basketball Championship 2023 / Super Eagles Arrive Uyo For Atheltico Madrid Match (Photos) / UCL Finals: Chelsea Practising Penalties After Man Utd’s Heartbreak - Tuchel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.