Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,597 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots (34435 Views)

Antetokounmpo & Anthony Joshua On Forbes 50 Highest-Paid Athletes 2023 List / Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year / Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Trojan8(m): 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Wetin concern Ugo for this matter?

That's Giannis Ibo name.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by favor914: 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2021
Soulsymbol99:
Oga u no go dey ur dey. If u cm 2 naija when u go bk ur career might never be same again. Village people r real. Someone pls advice him.
He was in Nigeria in 2014, his older brother Francis who goes by the stage name Ofili is based in Nigeria.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Shekosi,”&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

1 Like

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by thaoriginator: 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2021
cheesy

Up Naija

say no to secessionists cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by goody234: 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2021
The spin they put on the name no be small beans lol ..ANTETOKOUNMPO KE!! somebody tell me where that surname is from in naija ...
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by CSTRR: 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2021
Make igbos no allow yoruba chance them o.

The greek freak is half igbo on his mother's side.

lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by AuroraB(f): 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Ugochukwu

Well-done.

grin
Ugochukwu oshi wo n'iyen
This by force by fire attachment you Igbos are always doing is scary sad
Without reading the story, the name is clearly misspelt Adetokunbo. I bia here na eme ndi Igbo embarrass undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by favor914: 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
thaoriginator:
cheesy

Up Naija

say no to secessionists cry
True talk.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2021
mikkycoins:
The whites are thieves

See how they mispelt his name from a Yoruba word to a Greek word and colonized him.

Chai!
I bet d guy is grateful. If to say na naija e dey, u tink xay e go dey where im dey nw.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by georjay(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2021
AuroraB:
Ugochukwu oshi wo n'iyen
Without reading the story, the name is clearly misspelt Adetokunbo. I bia here na eme ndi Igbo embarrass undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Giannis Shina Ugochukwu Adetokunbo

Yoruba Dad

Igbo Mum

Na 50/50

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by CSTRR: 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2021
AuroraB:
Ugochukwu oshi wo n'iyen
This is a wrong mentality in the 21st century.
And you are a woman for that matter.

Are you saying if you marry outside your tribe, the child is not yours?

Biologically, it probably belongs to the mother more.
She fed him in her womb.

Na just spermm papa pour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by favor914: 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2021
PrinceofAgoAre:
I bet d guy is grateful. If to say na naija e dey, u tink xay e go dey where im dey nw.
Maybe Mikel Obi, or Osimhen wouldn’t have played soccer on the highest level because they grew up in Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
favor914:
Maybe Mikel Obi, or Osimhen wouldn’t have played soccer on the highest level because they grew up in Nigeria?
Dz isnt football bro.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by HEAVEN4444: 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
favor914:
Nigerian, his mother is Igbo, his middle name is Ugochukwu, he visited Nigeria in 2014, when his father was still alive.
But in igbo culture the child belongs to the father especially if he is a boy. his father is yoruba. adetokunbo cheesy
woman has no value in igbo culture. so giannis belongs to his yoruba papa oooo.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by HEAVEN4444: 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2021
Afriqan:
Great athletes with Nigerian roots:

1. Anthony Joshua
2. Israel Adesanya
3. Kamaru Usman
4. Giannis (Adetokunbo) Antetekuompo
5. Jon Jones
6. Deontay Wilder
7. Hakeem Olajuwon
8. David Alaba
And so many more.

Since transatlantic slavery was more prominent in West Africa than any other part of Africa, it's safe to say most Blacks in Diaspora have Nigerian ancestry, especially since we constitute the largest nation in West Africa and Africa itself.

Nigeria is a great country no doubt. The enemy within is the only issue but they can't stop our greatness.
jon jones has nigerian roots ? really ?
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Soulsymbol99: 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2021
favor914:
He was in Nigeria in 2014, his older brother Francis who goes by the stage name Ofili is based in Nigeria.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Shekosi,”&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

I see, he is from which state?
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by favor914: 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2021
PrinceofAgoAre:
Dz isnt football bro.
For your information Hakeem “The Dream” Olajuwon top 50 greatest NBA players grew up in Surulere Lagos, before he took over the basketball world, your talent will always make room for you to excel if you choose to.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Pidginwhisper: 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2021
AuroraB:
Ugochukwu oshi wo n'iyen
kiss

1 Like

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by AuroraB(f): 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
CSTRR:

This is a wrong mentality in the 21st century.
And you are a woman for that matter.

Are you saying if you marry outside your tribe, the child is not yours?

Biologically, it probably belongs to the mother more.
She fed him in her womb.

Na just spermm papa pour.
Because it suits you right at the moment. If it's the other way around, coming from a woman, it'd be so wrong.
But then again, he's Yoruba undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by favor914: 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
Soulsymbol99:

I see, he is from which state?
I doubt they are into all these ethnicity you people practice in Nigeria, all he knows he is a Nigerian, who represents Greece.

1 Like

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by alesworld: 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nice one .
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by HBB1(m): 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2021
We despise the Whites because of their Racist attitude, yet can't see that we are even worse.

The tribalism that Nairaland is now synonymous with is just appalling.

Hate, strife, bitterness...clouding our judgement, tainting even the simplest of discussions.

Quite shamefully really.

We are even worse than our Fathers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by favor914: 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2021
HBB1:
We despise the Whites because of their Racist attitude, yet can't see that we are even worse.

The tribalism that Nairaland is now synonymous with is just appalling.

Hate, strife, bitterness...clouding our judgement, tainting even the simplest of discussions.

Quite shamefully really.

We are even worse than our Fathers.
True Talk, the future looks bleaker than the past.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by HBB1(m): 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2021
AuroraB:
Because it suits you right at the moment. If it's the other way around, coming from a woman, it'd be so wrong.
But then again, he's Yoruba undecided

His behaviour is quite appalling.

Abeg, free am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by HBB1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
favor914:
True Talk, the future looks bleaker than the past.

While the white man seeks to form alliances, the black man only still thinks of fighting his brother.

The black race is doomed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Abdoolbuster: 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
Trojan8:

That's Giannis Ibo name.

LMAO grin

2 Likes

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by thorpido(m): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
He has igbo features most afonjas are short and skinny grin
Short like Hakeem Olajuwon?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by favor914: 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
HBB1:

While the white man seeks to form alliances, the black man only still thinks of fighting his brother.

The black race is doomed!
Ethnicity will destroy Nigeria, even the youths are worse than their parents.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Amalekki: 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
GBOKASINCHA:
He has igbo features most afonjas are short and skinny grin
Tribalist... leave your village leave your village you no gree. Village square and palm wine joint local champion grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by CasNova: 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
HIS NAME SHOULD BE GANI ADETOKUNBO. Welcome home. Kaabo, omowale.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Amalekki: 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2021
On a serious note, we Nigerians welcome Giannishukwu back home.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by eeetuk(m): 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2021

“I grew up in a Nigerian home,” Antetokounmpo said. “Obviously, I was born in Greece and went to school in Greece. But at the end of the day when I go home, there is no Greek culture. It’s straight-up Nigerian culture. It’s about discipline, it’s about respecting your elders, having morals.”

You have got to love this guy------Adetokunbo, based on this little interview he gave. His name was was misspelled, he said. It appears he is tired of people referring to him as a Greek and not said anything about his nigerian roots. He is a straight talker. He holds nothing back.
Love it!

That is why I like interview because it reveals a lot about a person. From now on, I will be reading news stories about him. He is someone I can relate to.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Angola Head To Head Record / BREAKING: Real Madrid Sack Julen Lopetegui After Elclassico Loss / Different Versions Of The Nigerian Jersey - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.