Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,194 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots (34481 Views)

Antetokounmpo & Anthony Joshua On Forbes 50 Highest-Paid Athletes 2023 List / Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year / Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by HEAVEN4444: 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
YungMillionaire:

Spiritual rennaisance can't start from Nigeria. The average Nigerian brain has been brainwashed by either Christianity or Islam. Spiritual rennaisance requires free thinking, which is lacking among Nigerians in general.
i hear you but it only takes one revolutionary to change everybody. thats all it takes is one. and he is here wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Newton85: 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
Romanoff:

Two tribes laying claims to the guy.

Yorubas claim his name is Adetokunbo, Igbos claim it's Ugochukwu.

Which one we go believe now?
His name is Giannis (Greek) Shina (Yoruba) Ugo (Igbo) Adetokunbo (Yoruba). Yoruba father, Igbo mother. Understood now?
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by OwenJesse27(m): 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
robosky02:
All roads lead to Nigeria

Anthony Joshua

Adesanya ...aka. Style bender

Deontay Wilder

Tyson Fury

Even lionel Messi greàt grand father is Nigerian

Why u funny like this..... grin

I know that Yoruba and igbo we soon start their fight on him grin
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Newton85: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
georjay:

Giannis Shina Ugochukwu Adetokunbo

Yoruba Dad

Igbo Mum

Na 50/50 So, you left all your Igbo sportsmen to be dragging a Yoruba boy who has an Igbo mother. Let me ask you, would you Igbos allow him to go for an elective position in his mother's state in the East if he was a Nigerian politician? Won't your people remind him that he's just an Yoruba who has an Igbo mother?

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Newton85: 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2021
CSTRR:

This is a wrong mentality in the 21st century.
And you are a woman for that matter.

Are you saying if you marry outside your tribe, the child is not yours?

Biologically, it probably belongs to the mother more.
She fed him in her womb.

Na just spermm papa pour.
Lol, see Eboes shifting the goalpost. I thought a child belongs to the ethnic group of his father over here? Abi what changed na? Is Adetokunbo an Mbaise, Ngwa, Onitsha, Arochukwu name? Would you write this same bulcrap if Giannis was an unknown guy who got arrested for fraud? Won't you and your fellow Eboes have been shouting "Afonja!" all over the thread just because of his name Adetokunbo? Na wa oh! Lol.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by codemaniacs: 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
Boudiccao:

Yemi always align herself to Igbos more than Yoruba.
Yemi just like Ugo and Ifeanyi Adeleke are products of both and you have no right to erase their ancestry just because they have a Yoruba surname.
Anybody that is a product of both end up representing both. So chill and stop stressing over Igbo/yoruba descendants.

People have to stress themselves over such descendants because if someone like yemi alade or davido gets a State government appointment they will empower more Igbos than Yorubas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nisiw365: 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
codemaniacs:

People have to stress themselves over such descendants because if someone like yemi alade or davido gets a State government appointment they will empower more Igbos than Yorubas.
Yemi alade maybe. Definitely not davido

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by lkillbrokehoes: 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
The guy is very good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Newton85: 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
thorpido:
Short like Hakeem Olajuwon?
Lmao! His comment is so funny and ironic in that there's shorter in this country than Ngwa people from Abia State. An Igbo calling others short is one of the funniest things I've seen my life, lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by codemaniacs: 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nisiw365:

Yemi alade maybe. Definitely not davido

Davido is more Igbo than yemi so both of them..
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by nisai: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
YungMillionaire:

Gbam! What I don't understand is why Itsekiri-Yoruba link threatens an Ikwerre man. All my life I don't think I have met more than half-a-dozen Ikwerre people. There is no connection between us and Ikwerre at all at all.
Itsekiri is a Yoruba subgroup like Ilaje, Ijebu, Egba, Oyo, Ibolo etc. If we leave NIgeria today to form our nation, the Itsekiri is definitely leaving with us. I love you people so much for not disappointing us your kinsmen from the Southwest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by YungMillionaire: 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
i hear you but it only takes one revolutionary to change everybody. thats all it takes is one. and he is here wink

I hope you are right. cheesy
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nisiw365: 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
codemaniacs:

Davido is more Igbo than yemi so both of them..
Did davido call you personally to tell you that?
Or the usual beer parlor gists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by YungMillionaire: 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
Newton85:
Lol, see Eboes shifting the goalpost. I thought a child belongs to the ethnic group of his father over here? Abi what changed na? Is Adetokunbo an Mbaise, Ngwa, Onitsha, Arochukwu name? Would you write this same bulcrap if Giannis was an unknown guy who got arrested for fraud? Won't you and your fellow Eboes have been shouting "Afonja!" all over the thread just because of his name Adetokunbo? Na wa oh! Lol.

Hypocrisy is the hallmark of NL Igbos cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by zinizta: 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
Simbrixton:
politically they believe in 1 north

Dey are also related to igbos jukun and nupe

Yoruba of today is SW and Kogi and kwara south to me sha

What are the Yorubas in Kogi called?

You dey drink as you dey type

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by georjay(m): 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
[quote author=Newton85 post=104016149][/quote]

Hello I'm Yoruba o

I'm just tryna point out the fact that he can choose to rep either of the two tribes

but surely his father's tribe is automatic

But you know the bond children share with mothers sometimes makes them tilt towards anything relating to the mother

Just saying

Kofaja fa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by HEAVEN4444: 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
YungMillionaire:

I hope you are right. cheesy
time will show you grin grin

time unfolds all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Newton85: 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

Just like Hakeem Olajuwon short and skinny? Olodo. Look at the picture of his father a tall man. His Igbo mother is very short.

And the tallest Nigerian is a Yoruba guy. And everyone knows Igbos are among the shortest in Nigeria.
Infact, Ngwa people from Abia state are the shortest people in Nigeria, lol.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by codemaniacs: 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nisiw365:

Did davido call you personally to tell you that?
Or the usual beer parlor gists
His grandmum was Igbo making is dad half Igbo half Yoruba then his mum is Igbo which makes him at least 0.75 Igbo and at least 0.25 Yoruba.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by YungMillionaire: 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2021
nisai:
Itsekiri is a Yoruba subgroup like Ilaje, Ijebu, Egba, Oyo, Ibolo etc. If we leave NIgeria today to form our nation, the Itsekiri is definitely leaving with us. I love you people so much for not disappointing us your kinsmen from the Southwest.

You head correct my guy. We love our Yoruba heritage. We no carry am play. Most of the noise you hear is just politics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nisiw365: 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2021
codemaniacs:

His grandmum was Igbo making is dad half Igbo half Yoruba then his mum is Igbo which makes him at least 0.75 Igbo and at least 0.25 Yoruba.
Stop sounding like you are slow. There's nothing like 0.75 0.25. If his father is yoruba, then he is Yoruba. Same with yemi alade

You had to invent ratio to his tribe because of your inferiority complex

Ps: davidos mum is edo not igbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by CSTRR: 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2021
Newton85:
But his name is also ugochukwu.
It's on his Twitter page.

Is ugochukwu a Yoruba name?
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Simbrixton(m): 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2021
zinizta:

What are the Yorubas in Kogi called?

You dey drink as you dey type
no insults kid

The okun people the tribe of senator dino melaye senator Smart Adeyemi jide omokore the richest man in Kogi state the tribe of shola ameobi of Newcastle the tribe of ty bello the tribe of tolu arotile (r.i.p) flt Lt AA olufade (rip)

Okun are the 3rd largest ethnic group in Kogi state and dey are pure yoruba blood

I never said igalas are not yoruba but dey are not full blooded yoruba

1 Like

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nisiw365: 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
CSTRR:

But his name is also ugochukwu.
It's on his Twitter page.

Is ugochukwu a Yoruba name?
You guys feel inferior in everything. If this same guy has igbo father and yoruba mother, you won't see Yorubas calling him half Igbo half Yoruba unlike you insecure lots
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by codemaniacs: 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nisiw365:

Stop sounding like you are slow. There's nothing like 0.75 0.25. If his father is yoruba, then he is Yoruba. Same with yemi alade

You had to invent ratio to his tribe because of your inferiority complex

Ps: davidos mum is edo not igbo

People are more connected to their mum's side so keep deceiving yourself..

Like someone said on this thread yemi aligns more with Igbos than Yorubas.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by CSTRR: 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nisiw365:

You guys feel inferior in everything. If this same guy has igbo father and yoruba mother, you won't see Yorubas calling him half Igbo half Yoruba unlike you insecure lots
Oga shut up
Carrry everything for head like gala.

It's just playful banter. Stop spitting everywhere.

I couldn't give a fuckkk where he comes from.

He is not going to give me a cent out of his wealth.

But all the same , he is half Yoruba.
That will not change.
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nisiw365: 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2021
codemaniacs:

People are more connected to their mum's side so keep deceiving yourself..

Like someone said on this thread yemi aligns more with Igbos than Yorubas.
Continue deceiving yourself because of your low self esteem. All over the world, you are from your fathers tribe. If yemi alade or whatsoever loved her mothers side more than her fathers. She should put her mothers surname instead okay

So far your surname is Yoruba, then you are Yoruba

1 Like

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nisiw365: 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
CSTRR:

Oga shut up
Carrry everything for head like gala.

It's just playful banter. Stop spitting everywhere.

I couldn't give a fuckkk where he comes from.

He is not going to give me a cent out of his wealth.

But all the same , he is half Yoruba.
That will not change.
Kill yourself olori Pele be. He is Yoruba. There is nothing like half Yoruba. Kill yourself

1 Like

Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by codemaniacs: 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nisiw365:

Continue deceiving yourself because of your low self esteem. All over the world, you are from your fathers tribe. If yemi alade or whatsoever loved her mothers side more than her fathers. She should put her mothers surname instead okay

So far your surname is Yoruba, then you are Yoruba

I see your problem. You're a product of parents from 2 different ethnic nations. grin
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Nisiw365: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2021
codemaniacs:

I see your problem. You're a product of parents from 2 different ethnic nations. grin
Just trying to tell you to do away with your low self esteem. Yorubas don't force themselves on people. If only your mother is Yoruba, then you aren't Yoruba unlike insecure low self esteem dudes like you
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by zinizta: 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2021
Simbrixton:
no insults kid

The okun people the tribe of senator dino melaye senator Smart Adeyemi jide omokore the richest man in Kogi state the tribe of shola ameobi of Newcastle the tribe of ty bello the tribe of tolu arotile (r.i.p) flt Lt AA olufade (rip)

Okun are the 3rd largest ethnic group in Kogi state and dey are pure yoruba blood

I never said igalas are not yoruba but dey are not full blooded yoruba

Proof to me that they are not Yorubas....at least from the language they speak proof am.

No dey bring up claims without evidence

You dey vex me

Who you dey call kid

Bia warn ya sef
Re: NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots by Abdoolbuster: 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2021
robosky02:

You never see something...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mbappe Offered ₦690 Billion (₦2.8b Per Day) Deal By Saudi Club Al Hilal (Photos) / Nigeria Wins Afrowomen Basketball Championship 2023 / Super Eagles Arrive Uyo For Atheltico Madrid Match (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.