Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,426 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? (2772 Views)

'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding / See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
Tomatoes are costly in the market.4 pieces of lime shape tomatoes are sold for #200.
The ones I bought twice past weeks sticked inside the grinding machine I took it for grinding.The remaining ones that came out were not up to 2 cups of peak milk.Because of that I have not been able to buy tomatoes to prepare stew.
I am thinking of buying 4 sachets of #120 each tomato paste without the real tomatoes in preparing my stew.So I want to ask the chef in the house whether it will bring out a real tomato stew taste.
Thanks fams.

MissyB3

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by Hezzyluv: 2:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
Joysticks:
Tomatoes are costly in the market.4 pieces of lime shape tomatoes are sold for #200.
The ones I bought twice past weeks sticked inside the grinding machine I took it for grinding.The remaining ones that came out were not up to 2 cups of peak milk.Because of that I have not been able to buy tomatoes to prepare stew.
I am thinking of buying 4 sachets of #120 each tomato paste in preparing my stew.So I want to ask the chef in the house whether it will bring out a real tomato stew taste.
Thanks fams.

MissyB3

Gino onion and peppe does it beraa

2 Likes

Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by Nbotee(m): 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2021
Which kind question b dis one?? Tomato pastes are simply fresh tomatoes that went to skool

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by mariahAngel(f): 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
Yes, you can use just tomato paste if that is what you can afford.
To make the stew tasty, use a good amount of onions (to make it sweet), ginger, garlic, curry powder and thyme.

6 Likes

Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by 1F30M4(f): 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
Joysticks:
The ones I bought twice past weeks sticked inside the grinding machine I took it for grinding.The remaining ones that came out were not up to 2 cups of peak milk. Because of that I have not been able to buy tomatoes to prepare stew.
I am thinking of buying 4 sachets of #120 each tomato paste without the real tomatoes in preparing my stew.So I want to ask the chef in the house whether it will bring out a real tomato stew taste.
Thanks fams.

MissyB3

@the bolded, very serious issue that I literally do mine manually now, no more can I afford to lose my tomatoes that way.. Ofcourse you can use the tomato paste alone, just fry well til it loses that "tomato paste" taste, fry with natural spices and you're good.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
1F30M4:

@the bolded, very serious issue that I literally do mine manually now, no more can I afford to lose my tomatoes that way.. Ofcourse you can use the tomato paste alone, just fry well til it loses that "tomato paste" taste, fry with natural spices and you're good.
Alright, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nbotee:
Which kind question b dis one?? Tomato pastes are simply fresh tomatoes that went to skool
I learnt that the paste is not a 100% tomato.That there are other artificial ingredients use in processing it.Esp,the thickness.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by Joelobioha(m): 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
Get fresh curry leaves blend it..add to that stew.u go wan run mad its divine..
Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by nnekaike(f): 12:14am On Jul 24, 2021
Joysticks:
Thanks fams.

MissyB3
instead of 4 satchets at 120 each=480

Buy a roll of Gino toma&pepper at #400 which is 5 satchets.

You can still buy fresh tomatoes of 200,blend yourself at home and mix.
Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 24, 2021
nnekaike:
instead of 4 satchets at 120 each=480

Buy a roll of Gino toma&pepper at #400 which is 5 satchets.

You can still buy fresh tomatoes of 200,blend yourself at home and mix.
4 pieces of fresh tomatoes are #200.And each of them is like the size of a lime.
Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by nnekaike(f): 8:34am On Jul 24, 2021
Joysticks:
4 pieces of fresh tomatoes are #200.And each of them is like the size of a lime.
leave out the tomatoes.your stew will still be great,ensure to fry well on low heat.
Tomatoes cost for your side sha lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 24, 2021
nnekaike:
leave out the tomatoes.your stew will still be great,ensure to fry well on low heat.
Tomatoes cost for your side sha lipsrsealed
I am going to fry it or boil it first before fry?The last time I fried a grinded tomato it tastes as an uncooked stew.
Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by nnekaike(f): 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2021
Joysticks:
I am going to fry it or boil it first before fry?The last time I fried a grinded tomato it tastes as an uncooked stew.
put the paste in a bowl add water to it and mix well to loosen it.Then fry well on very low heat.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
Sure you can. In fact I prefer it to fresh tomatoes most times. Make sure you get Gino paste. Taste better.

To get rid of the sour taste, fry very with dry grinded pepper first. Yes. It gets rid of that taste. Then add enough habanero pepper for a fresh taste.
Re: Can I Use Only Tomato Paste To Prepare Stew? by mannasseh(m): 8:16am On Jul 28, 2021
satchet tomato is made out of flour... you can research that

(1) (Reply)

Bulk And Wholesale Of Drinks And Bottle Water At Cheapest Price / Delicious Ogbono Soup With Beef And Smoked Goats Meat / Amazing facts About St Louis Cube Sugar..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.