Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding (24829 Views)

'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. / What's The Best Seasoning To Use For Better Attractive Aroma For Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by fineboynl(m): 8:04pm On Dec 27, 2023
I have been wondering why does my stew don't turn out well no matter how I tried the reason is that I use too much tomato paste due to due to tomoto cost during buhari administration.

This Xmas I just decide to use full tomotos and eliminates impurities like tomato paste. And the stew turns out great 👍. So it was clear the tomato paste products have been the curprit all those while.

The problem now is that how would one cook a pot full of stew with pure tomatoes on a normal day? now that a painter of tomatoes is above 5k.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Ireportlive: 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2023
cool

I don't even like tomatoes in my stew .. only for Jollof and spaghetti sauce

Bells pepper , Chilly peppers , Scotch bonnet, Onions

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by stanisbaratheon: 9:16pm On Dec 27, 2023
fineboynl:
I have been wondering why does my stew don't turn out well no matter how I tried the reason is that I use too much tomato paste due to due to tomoto cost during buhari administration.

This Xmas I just decide to use full tomotos and eliminates impurities like tomato paste. And the stew turns out great 👍. So it was clear the tomato paste products have been the curprit all those while.

The problem now is that how would one cook a pot full of stew with pure tomatoes on a normal day? now that a painter of tomatoes is above 5k.

I use a mix of both.

I buy some paste and fresh tomatoes and blend them together before frying.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by fineboynl(m): 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2023
stanisbaratheon:

I use a mix of both.

I buy some paste and fresh tomatoes and blend them together before frying.
the paste is not tomatoes. Whatever they use it have less than 50%.

I don't plan to use it again.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Nicepoker(m): 11:17pm On Dec 27, 2023
fineboynl:
the paste is not tomotos. Whatever the use it it have less than 50%.

I don't plan to use it again.
Tomatoes is just 40% the binding agent is corn starch. 60%.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by GboyegaD(m): 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2023
fineboynl:

What you could do is to first fry the tin tomatoes to remove its tanginess.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by CrossRhodes: 2:34am On Dec 28, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

I don't even like tomatoes in my stew .. only for Jollof and spaghetti sauce

Bells pepper , Chilly peppers , Scotch bonnet, Onions

Iru nko?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by DyingFetus: 2:55am On Dec 28, 2023
You should kys and use your own God given tomato sauce to prepare your rice
Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Karleb(m): 3:16am On Dec 28, 2023
I noticed that only few months ago and I have been buying fresh tomatoes and pepper.

The sachet one is the most notorious, funny thing is, it used to be good and cheaper when I was serving.

5 Likes

Re: Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding by Free2Fly: 5:49am On Dec 28, 2023
fineboynl:

Normally, you can't compare raw foodstuffs with the processed ones.

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Finds object Inside sealed bottle of Coca Cola / Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates / Learn How To Prepare Afang Soup Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.