Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. (69463 Views)

'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / Tomato Paste Is Not Good For Stew. Finding / Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Nice2023(m): 10:48am On Dec 12, 2023
They are quite different in both taste abd quality.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Bliss52: 10:51am On Dec 12, 2023
Make some Pasta sauce

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by ikeno(m): 10:56am On Dec 12, 2023
Use it to brush your teeth to know how it taste

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Nice2023(m): 11:17am On Dec 12, 2023
ikeno:
Use it to brush your teeth to know how it taste

I don't like eating it but the first time It was used to cook spaghetti,that was the day I loved it all.

It taste different from Nigerian ones...I mean it.

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Offpointng: 11:19am On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:

I don't like eating it but the first time It was used to cook spaghetti,that was the day I loved it all.

It taste different from Nigerian ones...I mean it.

No difference oga. tomatoes are tomatoes na ur mind dey make u feel you're on some specials

378 Likes 27 Shares

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Nice2023(m): 11:58am On Dec 12, 2023
Offpointng:

No difference oga. tomatoes are tomatoes na ur mind dey make u feel you're on some specials

Most Nigerian tin tomatoes are overcooked with sugar.

137 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Offpointng: 11:59am On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:

Most Nigerian tin tomatoes contains are overcooked with sugar.
Which update is this one again grin grin

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by TANID(m): 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2023
Bliss52:
Make some Pasta sauce
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Beremx(f): 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:
Italy has one of the best tomato paste products. Back in those days, they were imported into Nigeria but some have gone into extinction because of local production. Derica, an Italian tomato paste is still in the market though

195 Likes 14 Shares

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Nicepoker(m): 12:38pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:

Most Nigerian tin tomatoes contains are overcooked with sugar.
Not sugar actually. Its corn syrup and corn starch.

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by BigDawsNet: 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:

I bet it tastes really good

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Nice2023(m): 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2023
Offpointng:

I am not a fan of Tin tomatoes but this one tastes excellently good.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by ahnie: 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2023
Tell madam to try some with stew
And tell me the how the taste be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by KillingJoke: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2023
Avoid artificial stuffs if you want to live a long and healthy life

If you see how this tomato paste are made in the factory, you never accept to have it in your home

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Nazgul: 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2023
Beremx:
Italy has one of the best tomato paste products. Back in those days, they were imported into Nigeria but some have gone into extinction because of local production. Derica, an Italian tomato paste is still in the market though
For real...I saw Derica last when I was a child. I doubt it's still sold in Nigerians markets.

5 Likes

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Bekind123: 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nazgul:

For real...I saw Derica last when I was a child. I doubt it's still sold in Nigerians markets.
Are you sure of what you are saying because even the small Derica tomato paste are everywhere.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by EmperorCaesar(m): 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2023
Beremx:

White Worship

Swiss Garri should be more nutritious than ours, same as Swedish Ogbono

13 Likes

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Beremx(f): 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nazgul:

it's still in the market. The unit of measurement of some foodstuffs in Lagos is called Derica which was gotten from the product. grin
Derica of rice, derica of beans etc

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Beremx(f): 3:38pm On Dec 12, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

White Worship

Swiss Garri should be more nutritious than ours, same as Swedish Ogbono
Derica tomato paste has been popular before you were born. Which one is white worship abeg?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by marlow1962(m): 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
Cool
The one I like most is the sweet and sour tomato, I do get it from stop to shop.
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Decarbonisation: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ok. And what else?
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Beuberry(f): 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:
I feel like strangling you with my jollof aroma. Bring that tin tomato make I use am once!
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by thrillionaire(m): 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
Okay.. but most tomato paste we use are imported from Italy, so..? 🤷

1 Like

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by seanwilliam(m): 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
See dem arguing on which tomatoes taste better . Finished people grin
Awon omo aijeberi, tinjapo’ aya grin

8 Likes

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by Amigoss: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2023
cheesy
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by drerocker: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nice2023:
I need some.
Waybill to be I am.in Warri
=08034595985=
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by ImoleNaija: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2023
I don enter thread wey I no know.

3 Likes

Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by izubext007: 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2023
Cansal in can
Re: See The Tin and Tomato Paste My Sister Sent From Italy. by saasala(m): 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2023
Because it is from Italo, you must say it taste different...

Shiiooorrr

The inferiority complex sh1t started with your sister sending something as sh1tty as tomato paste from Italo.

I wont be surprised if she sends some garri over too

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is This Fruit Called In Your Native Language? / Lady Who Is Expert In Slicing Okro Called A 'Wife Material' (Photos) / Naval Officer Shows The Huge Python They Killed In Warri, Delta State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.