Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Lonely Baby Bird - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Lonely Baby Bird (1044 Views)

See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help / What Is The Name Of This Bird? / Baby Bird For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lonely Baby Bird by Polovski: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2021
Hello nairlanders, I found this baby just few minutes ago while I was going to my backyard to put on my Gen.
It’s so cute and I don’t even know what to do with it.

I also don’t know if I should keep it or free the bird but it doesn’t fly yet and it’s also got a little tiny piece of food in its mouth. I would like to know what Breed.

Re: Lonely Baby Bird by bmdmix5: 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
can fly?
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by RYEOFARMS(m): 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
Check around its nest is nearby at that stage they can't survive far away from home,I presently have one nesting in my backyard, it lost a chick two days ago,it somehow fell and bled to death
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by Polovski: 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
bmdmix5:
can fly?

No it can’t fly and it’s opening it’s mouth. I don’t know what to feed it so I killed some bunch of tiny ants and put it in its mouth and he ate it
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by Polovski: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
RYEOFARMS:
Check around its nest is nearby at that they can't survive far away from home,I presently have one meeting in my backyard, it lost a chick two days ago,it somehow fell and bled to death

Exactly, I found this one on the floor, close to where my generator was at.
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by Polovski: 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2021
Please i would like to know if there’s something I can feed the poor guy with.
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
Polovski:

Exactly, I found this one on the floor, close to where my generator was at.
Seriously its the same scenario just that the one I found was literally dead
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
Polovski:
Please i would like to know if there’s something I can feed the poor guy with.
I once tried feeding one with chicken feed but its quite hard cos the bird can't feed on its own yet,it depends on its mother but as time went by I learnt that if I kept them safe outside where I found them (let's say inside an open cartoon that its parent's can access) the parents will come around to feed it till its able to fly ,I even made a temporary straw nest inside the carton

1 Like

Re: Lonely Baby Bird by Polovski: 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Seriously its the same scenario just that the one I found was literally dead

Lol this one is still alive and when I get close, it opens its mouth expecting food.
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
Polovski:

Lol this one is still alive and when I get close, it opens its mouth expecting food.
Yh that's how they behave,it probably thinks you're its parent bringing food for it

1 Like

Re: Lonely Baby Bird by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2021
Even if you're able to somehow feed it,what about protecting it from cold?! so its best to try and link it back with its parents
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by bmdmix5: 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2021
Polovski:

No it can’t fly and it’s opening it’s mouth. I don’t know what to feed it so I killed some bunch of tiny ants and put it in its mouth and he ate it
feed it worm n cricket
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by bmdmix5: 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2021
RYEOFARMS:
Even if you're able to somehow feed it,what about protecting it from cold?! so its best to try and link it back with its parents
blanket dey

1 Like

Re: Lonely Baby Bird by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
bmdmix5:
blanket dey
Ehen?!! ok.......but I still think it’s a lot of work to try and keep the bird alive without it’s parents,feeding it lasan it’s a 24hrs job,they’re always hungry (I’m also guilty of such act back then due to my love of pets,I kept snails,crickets,Grasshopper........e.t.c) due to the area I stay, I’ve stumbled across many of this baby birds,every time I try to keep them they end up dead,so I figured they can’t really survive in captivity,it was then I also noticed that their parents do hang around trying to reach the young birds since then I’ve been trying my best whenever I come across one to ensure they stay in contact with their parents as much as I could
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by Polovski: 7:40am On Jul 24, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

I once tried feeding one with chicken feed but its quite hard cos the bird can't feed on its own yet,it depends on its mother but as time went by I learnt that if I kept them safe outside where I found them (let's say inside an open cartoon that its parent's can access) the parents will come around to feed it till its able to fly ,I even made a temporary straw nest inside the carton

I fed it with boiled eggs and it’s looking very healthy this morning. Still doesn’t fly yet. I guess that’s gonna take a while.
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by Polovski: 7:41am On Jul 24, 2021
RYEOFARMS:
I thought about that but it’s parents are no where to be found
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by Polovski: 7:42am On Jul 24, 2021
bmdmix5:
blanket dey
grin grin grin
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by Polovski: 7:44am On Jul 24, 2021
bmdmix5:
feed it worm n cricket

I can’t find any around my neighborhood only frogs and cockroaches.
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by Adjovi: 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2021
It's a swallow bird. Keep feeding it. I hope it survives. Later on you can teach it to fly.
Re: Lonely Baby Bird by 879olabode: 4:08am On Jul 27, 2021
okay

(1) (Reply)

Solid Rott Puppies Available For New Home / Talking Dog For Sale / Crossing Of Breeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.