Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,670 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? (889 Views)

Da Viva World Is Looking For Honest Drop Shipping Partner / Da Viva World Is Looking For Honest Drop Shipping Partner / Drop Shipping Solution In Nigeria Earn $100 To $500 Monthly For Life With N25k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 10:03am On Jul 24, 2021
Some three to four years back, a lot of businesses make money online selling as middlemen.

They never had the inventory of the product, they only listed it online, make sales and directed the order to the supplier who then ships the order to the buyer.

The business model where you don't have to buy goods before you sell, you just list the goods online, make sales and the 'real' supplier fulfills the order is called drop-shipping.

A lot of big businesses have been doing it for years, smaller business own discovered that it was possible to get in and make profit, so they did.

So the question is,
Is drop shipping dead?

Well, the obvious answer is NO.

If you shop on jumia, you will notice some products carries the 'ship from aboard' badge, that's a dropship product.

Business owners around the world are still making killer sales selling products that they have never seen physically. Thanks to technology.

How do I start and run a drops shipping store?

Before jumping right in, make sure you have a plan, a marketing plan at least.

1. Decide on the niche (category of products) you want to sell. Don't start by selling everything, it's never a good idea, the big players are already doing it.
Choose an angle that you can easily penetrate and grab your audience attention.

2. Choose a name for your website. Yes, you need a website to effectively dropship. Some may start with a social media account which is good, but you social media accounts should serve as a marketing tool for your website which is your store.
Your website name should reflect what you want to sell, e.g shoestodiefor.com - anyone visiting already knows that it's shoe they they came for.

3. Set your marketing budget. Your major job will be to market your website. Build trust and have repeated sales. Set a good marketing budget and know how many sales you need to make profit.

With this info, I believe you too can pick this business and make something good out for it.
I'm available for further details.

1 Like

Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 10:30am On Jul 24, 2021
Ready to start your drop shipping business?

Use this checklist.

1. Decide on your niche.
2. Get a marketing plan.
3. Create the business process.
4. Get a website name.
5. Design your website.
6. Promote.
Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 10:57am On Jul 24, 2021
For new businesses, I use a lean business plan.

This is easy and straight forward, it gives you an overview of your Business and help you focus on what matters in the business.

See the image below for the Lean business plan, you can draw it on a sheet of paper and fill it out for your business.

Business is all about identifying problems and solving them, keep that in mind.

Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2021
Want to build your drop shipping website that pulls products info and fulfills orders with a click?

Contact the number below to start.

Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
Website to find manufacturers and products to dropship.

1. AliExpress
2. 1688.com
3. Ebay
4. Amazon
5. Small business owners (locally)
Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by Mide3367: 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2021
Interested. Whatsapp 07015585967.. I do something similar for agro seeds and seedlings I sell.. So I'd like to expand

1 Like

Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2021
Choose a marketing framework.
Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 3:13pm On Jul 25, 2021
How to sell.

Identify a problem.
Provide the solution.
Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 3:38pm On Jul 25, 2021
Mide3367:
Interested. Whatsapp 07015585967.. I do something similar for agro seeds and seedlings I sell.. So I'd like to expand

Alright,

Picking a niche that is profitable is the first step towards a successful drop shipping business.
Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by Mide3367: 11:17pm On Jul 25, 2021
LearnEasy:

Alright,

Picking a niche that is profitable is the first step towards a successful drop shipping business.
exactly.. So which do you recommend?
Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 8:04am On Jul 26, 2021
Mide3367:
exactly.. So which do you recommend?

Fashion is always moving fast, you can pick something from it...
Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2021
Pay stack,
Flutter wave
And even PayPal has made online payment easy.
Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
What plan do you have?
Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 11:13am On Jul 29, 2021
Did you know?

Products can be automatically loaded with a click of a button in your drop shipping shop.
Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
Can you add crypto currency to your e-commerce website?
Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 6:20am On Aug 29, 2021
Ever heard of CPA?

You can covert your ecommerce website to a 100% affiliate website.

More to come.
Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by Danisaint112(m): 7:48am On Aug 29, 2021
I haven't done drop-shipping business but I love the business idea. Unlike Eccormerce where you have to deal with Physical product (inventory).

I am Affiliate Marketer for now but Drop shipping is a business I will definitely get into someday.

1 Like

Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2021
Danisaint112:
I haven't done drop-shipping business but I love the business idea. Unlike Eccormerce where you have to deal with Physical product (inventory).

I am Affiliate Marketer for now but Drop shipping is a business I will definitely get into someday.

Drop-shipping takes the pain of payment processors, license, logistics etc off you.

I call drop-shipping an advanced affiliate program where you set your profit yourself.

More businesses are beginning to adopt this model.

1 Like

Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by Danisaint112(m): 10:29am On Aug 29, 2021
LearnEasy:

Drop-shipping takes the pain of payment processors, license, logistics etc off you.

I call drop-shipping an advanced affiliate program where you set your profit yourself.

More businesses are beginning to adopt this model.

Sure. To start one needs money, to scale one also needs money..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Drop Shipping Still A Valid Business Model? by LearnEasy(m): 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
Danisaint112:

Sure. To start one needs money, to scale one also needs money..

Yea,

Mostly marketing budget, that's were most people miss it. They look for free traffic (mostly junk traffic) to their website and make no sale.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Run Away From Betland / What Is The Cost And Process Of Registering A Cooperative Multipurpose In Abuja / Scam Or Legit: Olaks Financial Investment Ltd/ Shopmot.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.