Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries (64760 Views)

Greedy Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / List Of First Nigerian Professors And Their State Of Origin / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Mkingz(m): 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2021
Read for more than 4 decades just to earn 350k monthly...very sad...This country has no direction and the only way to beat this rat race is to get on internet money...with just 20k,you can learn the ropes and the good part is you only need a phone and internet..click the link in my signature Asap!!Shoot me a mail even!

1 Like

Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by drfasam(m): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
Assistant lecturer (N118,277 -N137, 334); Lecturer II has a doctorate degree (N129, 724 – N153, 563); Lecturer I has at least three years post-PhD experience on the job (N160, 809 – N203, 778); Senior Lecturer with at least six years experience on the job (N222,229 –314, 159); Associate Professor (with at least nine years experience on the job: N277, 179 – N350, 169) and a Full Professor with 12 and more years experience on the job (N332, 833 – 416, 743).

Is this what you called fat pay?

Thiwalade:

Dr Tade from vanguard.

Source : https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/greedy-nigerian-professors-and-their-fat-salaries/

I gazed on in amusement as a professor retired sometime ago in a rather unceremonious manner. I could see his melancholic face as he gave his retirement speech, telling of various tales regarding sufferings he had to endure while on the job as though he's trying to motivate the junior collegeaues. I could see his facial expressions carried the "what next" remark in the evening as the event came to a close. He didn't seem a man happy to be retiring, probably unsure if he'll get his pensions.
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by itzzkhaliii(m): 4:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
Grandmasteer:
wetin Carry me come here.. just wasted 6mins to read article wey no get head
grin
Grandmasteer:
I swear I think say na only me,I just they reason say ma go read am again.
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Fiscus105(m): 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Govt isnt a one man affair and therefore open to exploitation for personal gain.same to for reproduction.

Did u read my comment before you reply?

Even if you want to win an argument, you shouldn't completely off from point.
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Rajosh(m): 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2021
Faller:
I no like to chook mouth for this kind matter because my papa na Lecturer sef.......

If you think we survived on his salary throughout the years ..... your brain needs formatting....

The truth is since Buhari was able to bypass University and use his NEPA bill as certificate....The value of the Lecturers dropped because the politicians don't hold
them in high esteem..... Once you have the proper connect... You're good to go ..You Don't need any professor for that .....Such a shame
If you read it, you'll realize the Write-up is actually about how lecturers are underpaid.
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by SmilingImabong: 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2021
grin
You even try read the rubbish
Real professors dont read we just lower or glasses and scroll down till comment section.
Grandmasteer:
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by LadyExcellency: 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2021
Glorified Secondary School teachers are called Professors in Nigeria.

This is why tech giants avoid Nigeria because of lack of manpower.
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by CodeTemplar: 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2021
Fiscus105:

Did u read my comment before you reply?

Even if you want to win an argument, you shouldn't completely off from point.
noted.
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Truvelisback(m): 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2021
Op, whatever u may call them, they deserve what they are earning. To be a professor no be bobo.
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Integrafamoo: 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2021
temitope27:
Nigeria professors dey suffer o walahi
The same professors do rig elections for politicians
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Finxstojah: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2021
Thiwalade:

Dr Tade from vanguard.

Source : https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/greedy-nigerian-professors-and-their-fat-salaries/

I gazed on in amusement as a professor retired sometime ago in a rather unceremonious manner. I could see his melancholic face as he gave his retirement speech, telling of various tales regarding sufferings he had to endure while on the job as though he's trying to motivate the junior collegeaues. I could see his facial expressions carried the "what next" remark in the evening as the event came to a close. He didn't seem a man happy to be retiring, probably unsure if he'll get his pensions.
*How to get NOUN past questions online*

▪︎ Visit unipastquestions.com
▪︎Register and Login with your details
▪︎Search for the course you wish to download either with course code or course title e.g. BIO304 or General Ecology
▪︎Choose the years you wish to get and download
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by TheOldGods: 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2021
Thiwalade:

Dr Tade from vanguard.

fat salaries. I laugh. Something I make in two weeks with just 60 seconds of animation
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by laiperi: 4:58pm On Jul 24, 2021
It is almost an instinct to covert naira salary to dollars.

But what matters is what Naira can buy in Nigeria and what Zimbabwe dollars can buy in Zimbabwe.

Most professors bought their last house or new car before Structural Adjustment imposed by IMF that later admitted it didn't take cultural values into consideration.

Liers, their goal was already achieved.

It was some of the same professors that supported and argue for SAP benefits which later justified Devaluations. No country except China ever recover from either.

Nigerians must learn how to live locally. We cannot keep on comparing ourselves to salaries in Britain and USA while avoiding salaries in Russia, China, Cuba or Sweden, Switzerland and Poland.

Indeed, since the collapse of the Union that brought those with less than high school into Middle Class in America, that country has never been the same.

Some of the United Auto workers, plumbers, iron workers or carpenters were making more money than young lawyers, doctors, engineers and buying houses in Middle Class neighborhood right in America, Canada and Britain.

Ignorance is killing us at home, not only professors, doctors and graduates.

2 Likes

Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2021
Rajosh:

If you read it, you'll realize the Write-up is actually about how lecturers are underpaid.

If you read my comment you'll see where I wrote that we weren't surviving on my dad's salary alone..

1 Like

Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Fortez: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jesus
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by temitope27(m): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2021
Integrafamoo:

The same professors do rig elections for politicians
u right bro, maybe they deserve it, but not all of them were involved
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Stupidquestions: 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
sad

They make no new research except copying and pasting.

Receiving Fat salaries.

No new discoveries.

Nonsense.
I doubt if u ever pass through the wall of a university..or your family ever bagged PhD
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by WaffenSS(m): 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
Samcent:

With little or no incentive for performance, do you want them to perform magic?
Research, publications, discoveries etc, all these require money and good infrastructure.
The salary is barely enough for the lecturers to take good care of themselves and their families. How would one think well when he is hungry and has unpaid bills all around.

If the salary stated in the article is what lecturers are actually paid, then the pay is grossly inadequate!

University professors don't use their salaries for research. What they do is make hypothesis based on their studies and knowledge, and seek for funding via grants.

These guys don't hypothesize anything besides political and religious pontifications, and an endless clamor for more money to their pockets.
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by lexy2014: 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
Workch:
how is 400+ fat?

I earn 300+, i live alone and it’s still not enough, not to talk of a professor whom a lot people depend on financially

The attitude of some these lecturers is a joke. Of course everyone needs good pay but inadequate isn't an excuse to bully students
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Yankee101: 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
Grants, chairs, research, international tuition etc that's how universities earn income
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Cmanforall: 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jerryherd:
As much as I like hon Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, because he is very intelligent... I strongly disagree on this.

Let him convert this petty money to dollars and see what paltry some it is

Professors are the peak of academic career, just like Supreme Court Justice, Brigadier general, President of their various fields and careers
You may have a point, but why converting to dollar?
You don't spend in dollar in Nigeria.

A room apartment can be $400-600 per month, that is about 200,000 naira monthly rent X 12.
Just so you have idea how those who earn in dollar spend their dollar
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2021
HOW MUCH IS THIS SO CALLED MINISTER PAID MONTHLY.
I also know that the constuency allowance of one member of federal legislation is more than N200 million,yet professors pay is what they are complianing of.
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by otokx(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2021
Nigeria is not doing well in the Olympics.
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by mekusyoung(m): 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
It just funny how some people will not just astutely read something through before making comments...
The Minister is trying to debunk the claims that these lecturers and professors are greed, and making a defense that they are rather underpaid compared to their counterparts in other Africa countries
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Franking: 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2021
Now compare what our senators earn to what Ugandan senators earn let's see if "greedy" can be redefined.

1 Like

Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by gwinaB(m): 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
sad

They make no new research except copying and pasting.

Receiving Fat salaries.

No new discoveries.

Nonsense.

How are they supposed to make research without funding?
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by gwinaB(m): 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2021
Cmanforall:

You may have a point, but why converting to dollar?
You don't spend in dollar in Nigeria.

A room apartment can be $400-600 per month, that is about 200,000 naira monthly rent X 12.
Just so you have idea how those who earn in dollar spend their dollar

True we don't spend dollars in Nigeria but to participate in international conference or publish in high impact journals is computed in EUR and USD.
Secondly,that salary is no where close to what the write claim lecturers in South Africa earns.

1 Like

Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by Halle000: 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2021
Sunday Igboho's Lawyer Ibrahim Salami Speaks Out In Yoruba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThLRZhJGc0U
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by ThatFairGuy1: 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2021
Chief wailer read and understand the sarcasm in the post
Racoon:
Lies and load of shitcrap. The executive and legislative (corrupt NASS) are the major economic burden on this failed nation.Their humongous entitlements, allowances, estacodes etc are just frightening to estimate.
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by ThatFairGuy1: 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2021
Abi u lack comprehension
Grandmasteer:

Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by iswallker(m): 6:11pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jerryherd:
As much as I like hon Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, because he is very intelligent... I strongly disagree on this.

Professors are the peak of academic career, just like Supreme Court Justice, Brigadier general, President of their various fields and careers

Guess you didn't have time to read the long epistle

Just rushed to comment

tongue
Re: 'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries by ogwuche4u(m): 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jerryherd:

You didn't even read through the message. I urge to read it up and correct your assertion here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder / Funny Picture Of The Man That Created Exams / 2015/2016 Nnpc/total Scholarship Successful Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.