Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves (4144 Views)

How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri / Proof That Reno Omokri Steals Posts From Nairaland And Use It On Twitter / Prince Sammy Adebiyi: Lagos Belongs To Awori's, Not Bini Or Yeroba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Onepeople: 5:29am On Jul 25, 2021
aribisala0:

You are in denial

The people sold are now in the Americas they are not Ika or any such nonsense

There is no doubt Igbos were sold by those who controlled the coast

Reference DOT IN A CIRCLE
Did Igbos deal directly with Europeans ? NO

They were in the centre of the circle and only those on the edge did

So those who did the selling must have been those who controlled the coast

The Itsekiri, Ijaw, Efik

It is as simple as that no need to long it

The Benin were more evolved and civilized it is as simple as that
who are the slaves today?
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:

If the igbos that are busy attacking reno left, right and center do reason well and have a good sense of history one would know that the people Reno was referring Clearly were to were those who said they are not Igbos (Ikas, ukwanis and ndokwa), which Reno now tagged them as Igbos. These are vast communities that are nearer to itshekiris, binis and the rest.

Freed Igbo slaves all returned to the South East. There are no Igbo slaves in the South South. Only Igbos still have Osus as slaves till today. Slavery is an intricate part of being Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by ruggedtimi(m): 6:03am On Jul 25, 2021
Even king people of Bonny and Jaja sold the ibo's as slaves....and it was the ibo's that sold themselves I mean brother selling brother ..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by ruggedtimi(m): 6:08am On Jul 25, 2021
DuwaRepublic:
Jaja of Opobo was an igbo slave to a minority ethnic group. If you watched the roots, it was the minority ethnic people along with white people that went into the hinterland where Igbos lived to capture slaves. This is common knowledge, all you have to do is google search, and start reading history.
yea King People of Bonny was a major slave trader and most of his slaves were from Ibo.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Christiansen(m): 6:25am On Jul 25, 2021
Kundagarten:
Reno proved what he was saying is right by showing a video by Sir David Attenborough.
Seems Igbo hate anyone from the SS who dares say anything contrary to what ipob believes.

I tell you. Very useless people
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by blaqoracle: 6:33am On Jul 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Go back to school or get yourself soundly educated because same people (igbos) reno is talking about are still in same SS.

Maybe your SS definition is out of context of education and geography.
I wonder if iweka is in the South South!
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by blaqoracle: 6:39am On Jul 25, 2021
Monogamy:

Debunk what? Are they no longer Igbos because of Reno's epistle..

Are there no longer any indigenous Igbo in SS area?

Don't twist the conversation
I have suspected the behaviour of nnamdi kanu as that of a slave.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 25, 2021
jerseyboy:

Freed Igbo slaves all returned to the South East. There are no Igbo slaves in the South South. Only Igbos still have Osus as slaves till today. Slavery is an intricate part of being Igbo.

Freed by you and travellled such distance to return to east?

sit and listen to yourself.

Those at the periphery/fringes are thee freed slaves and sold slaves.

if they can't debunk reno then let them enjoy their slave status...all of em
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 25, 2021
ruggedtimi:
yea King People of Bonny was a major slave trader and most of his slaves were from Ibo.

Sold fire

this is not worth argument

Slaves are those who upon returning now answers all sort of English and Portuguese names as their names even renaming towns in favour of their engllish masters....

That's full blown slave status

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 25, 2021
ruggedtimi:

Sold fire

this is not worth argument

Slaves are those who upon returning now answers all sort of English and Portuguese names as their names even renaming towns in favour of their engllish masters....

That's full blown slave status
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Okpotokpo: 8:09am On Jul 25, 2021
The op is absolutely right.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 25, 2021
Okpotokpo:
The op is absolutely right.

Glad you understand.

This is exactly why Reno is still he is on top of the argument because people Jumping into his post are not really the audience.

The real audience are not aware the bulk of defense should be on them.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Arda1000(m): 10:44am On Jul 25, 2021
Though ure not Igbo but ur obsession with Igbo is very weird
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 10:50am On Jul 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Why are Igbos bothered that Reno said bini or Itshekiri sold them as Slaves

I don't see any reason why I should be bothered about that statement and that's the reason I keep ignoring the topic.

If the igbos that are busy attacking reno left, right and center do reason well and have a good sense of history one would know that the people Reno was referring Clearly were to were those who said they are not Igbos (Ikas, ukwanis and ndokwa), which Reno now tagged them as Igbos. These are vast communities that are nearer to itshekiris, binis and the rest.

So the bulk of defence should be on them clearing their names of Reno fables and not even someone in east stressing themselves.

Fortunately you will see people from these places laughing because Reno said Igbos forgetting that they are the ones they are talking about.

If itshekiris or binis are raiders which I doubt how can they successfully raid communities like Nnewi, obosi, Oba or others across Niger.

It certain people don't know Reno was directly talking to them but you will even see most of them laughing because in their mind Reno saying Igbos means east.....very pathetic.

They are the ones that should be at the forefront of the defence not me.

I don't care.......
because the right people to refute Reno are laughing because Reno used Igbo as context......Some even joined Reno to prove him right because they taught his use of Igbo means the other side..........and I saw someone doing exactly this and I just laughed

Wisdom Wisdom

Any falsehood spewed by any Nigerian about d IGBOs must be debunked...If not the lies of today will become the truths of tomorrow.

Anyway Renos trashy slave shii has already been debunked with clear evidence
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 10:54am On Jul 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Yes because the bulk of people engaging Reno are not the right people to engage him.

When someone talks about you it is left for you to clear your name and not someone doing that for you.

If you can't refute such histories then it is obvious they were slaves

Simple as ABC

The bini bronze video reno uploaded is actually a Yoruba person and not IGBO. Igbos have ichi tribal mark and it is quite different from Yoruba tribal mark or any other tribal mark in Nigeria.

Renos lies have already been debunked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMy0QoFQpNY&feature=youtu.be
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 10:55am On Jul 25, 2021
Kundagarten:
Reno proved what he was saying is right by showing a video by Sir David Attenborough.
Seems Igbo hate anyone from the SS who dares say anything contrary to what ipob believes.

Renos trash has already been fully debunked

Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 10:56am On Jul 25, 2021
Kundagarten:

I don't get you, are there no Igbos in the SS again?

So u dey "Kindergarten" really
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 10:59am On Jul 25, 2021
DuwaRepublic:
Jaja of Opobo was an igbo slave to a minority ethnic group. If you watched the roots, it was the minority ethnic people along with white people that went into the hinterland where Igbos lived to capture slaves. This is common knowledge, all you have to do is google search, and start reading history.

U dont make anything about history.

There was no point in human history when Jaja was a slave to any nigerian majority or minority tribe.

Research before u speak pls
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 11:00am On Jul 25, 2021
Monogamy:
Cos truth has always been so bitter to swallow

His stupid lies have been debunked totally

Be guided
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2021
aribisala0:

You are in denial

The Itsekiri, Ijaw, Efik

The Aro people controlled slavery in IGBO land and ab overwhelming most of the IGBO slaves sold to the europeans was thru Opobo, Ijaw, Bonny, calabar....

Jaja of Opobo was a palm oil trader and also a slave trader, he bought n sold slaves big time and later clashed with Europeans because he prevented them from controlling the slave and palm oil markets.

Rivers state till tomorrow is IGBO land and many slaves were sold from there too. The slaves sold thru Itsekrir ports were Bini, Itsekiri, Yorba, Isoko and Urhobo slaves.

WE HAVE ALREADY DEBUNKED RENOS LIES

Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2021
jerseyboy:

U are quite sick n uninformed.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by MalcoImX: 11:08am On Jul 25, 2021
aribisala0:

You are in denial

[img][/img][img][/img]

The Itsekiri, Ijaw, Efik

Did he shut up or he's still talking?
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 11:09am On Jul 25, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Even king people of Bonny and Jaja sold the ibo's as slaves....and it was the ibo's that sold themselves I mean brother selling brother ..

Same way every tribe sold their brothers.

Meanwhile IGBOs mainly sold murderers, thieves, rapists and people who commit grave crimes as slaves, etc as slaves.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 11:10am On Jul 25, 2021
Christiansen:

I tell you. Very useless people

Cleanse urself n ur brain from the silly falsehood reno sold to brainless people.

IGBOs were never sold as slaves in Itsekiri and Itsekiri bevrr enslaved IGBOs.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2021
Gambit23:

U dont make anything about history.

There was no point in human history when Jaja was a slave to any nigerian majority or minority tribe.

Research before u speak pls

You research, he was an ibo man that rose up in the house of Bonny, then got made a slave again because he was monopolising the palm oil market, never made it back home as a free man.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by OBALOLA55(m): 11:15am On Jul 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Yes because the bulk of people engaging Reno are not the right people to engage him.

When someone talks about you it is left for you to clear your name and not someone doing that for you.

If you can't refute such histories then it is obvious they were slaves

Simple as ABC
OFCOURSE YOU DON’T NEED TO CARE BECAUSE RENO’S ATTACK WAS DIRECTED AT THE IGBOS NOT FULANIS.

FACE YOUR WAR TORN NORTHERN REGION AND LEAVE IGBO PEOPLE ALONE angry
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by aribisala0(m): 11:21am On Jul 25, 2021
Gambit23:

The Aro people controlled slavery in IGBO land and ab overwhelming most of the IGBO slaves sold to the europeans was thru Opobo, Ijaw, Bonny, calabar....

Jaja of Opobo was a palm oil trader and also a slave trader, he bought n sold slaves big time and later clashed with Europeans because he prevented them from controlling the slave and palm oil markets.

Rivers state till tomorrow is IGBO land and many slaves were sold from there too. The slaves sold thru Itsekrir ports were Bini, Itsekiri, Yorba, Isoko and Urhobo slaves.

WE HAVE ALREADY DEBUNKED RENOS LIES

Rivers state is Igbo land again that is just more delusional IPOB nonsense
And that happens to be the place where most Igbo properties were seized after the Civil War?

There was nothing like Igboland during the time of the Slave trade
Stop rewriting History

No one had exclusive control of slave trade . All that rubbish you have written is just WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE
Those who had the power like the Bini Aros etc raided and took Slaves.

Jaja of Opobo was a former slave
He had no knowledge of where he was from
So do not try to tell his as an Igbo story any morenthan you would try to tell Michael Jordan's story as an Igbo story.
He was operating in an Ijaw Space as a formers slave that was freed and did well just like former slaves in Liberia Sierra Leone or any where else

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2021
aribisala0:

Rivers state is Igbo land again that is just more delusional IPOB nonsense
And that happens to be the place where most Igbo properties were seized after the Civil War?

There was nothing like Igboland during the time of the Slave trade
Stop rewriting History

No one had exclusive control of slave trade . All that rubbish you have written is just WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE
Those who had the power like the Bini Aros etc raided and took Slaves.

Jaja of Opobo was a former slave
He had no knowledge of where he was from
So do not try to tell his as an Igbo story any morenthan you would try to tell Michael Jordan's story as an Igbo story.
He was operating in an Ijaw Space as a formers slave that was freed and did well just like former slaves in Liberia Sierra Leone or any where else

Maybe there was nothing like awusa-afonja land during slavery, but there was IGBO land, A group of people who bear the same name, same language and same culture.

""Jaja of Opobo was a former slave
He had no knowledge of where he was from""

cheesy grin

U are very deluded. grin grin

Rivers state is IGBO land, u can die if u want
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

You research, he was an ibo man that rose up in the house of Bonny, then got made a slave again because he was monopolising the palm oil market, never made it back home as a free man.

His can u make statements on an issue u have never read about?

I repeat, JAJA was never a slave in Bonny or any part of the space called Nigeria.

Go n read up his history n correct urself.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Ofunwa111: 11:58am On Jul 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Why are Igbos bothered that Reno said bini or Itshekiri sold them as Slaves

I don't see any reason why I should be bothered about that statement and that's the reason I keep ignoring the topic.

So the bulk of defence should be on them clearing their names of Reno fables and not even someone in east stressing themselves.

Fortunately you will see people from these places laughing because Reno said Igbos forgetting that they are the ones they are talking about.

If itshekiris or binis are raiders which I doubt how can they successfully raid communities like Nnewi, obosi, Oba or others across Niger.

It certain people don't know Reno was directly talking to them but you will even see most of them laughing because in their mind Reno saying Igbos means east.....very pathetic.

They are the ones that should be at the forefront of the defence not me.

I don't care.......
because the right people to refute Reno are laughing because Reno used Igbo as context......Some even joined Reno to prove him right because they taught his use of Igbo means the other side..........and I saw someone doing exactly this and I just laughed

Wisdom Wisdom

What you should try to understand is this. He classified them as "Igbos" and we both know that it wasn't across the Niger bridge and neither was it the Igbo people around Enuani area. The area he has termed "Igbo", are people who deny being Igbo most of the time or if not all the time. So our argument is, he must call them by the name they choose to be known for and not Igbo. Trust me if he had mentioned the name they want to be known for, or the name he claims that they bear which is of "Itshekiri origin" then be certain that it will be between Reno vs Them and not the Igbo people.

Like I told someone, if he could accept the fact that some historical records are not pleasant, and he still went ahead to bring it up, then he should be bold enough to say the clan that was affected by it in Delta state and not be coward that he is.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by redsun(m): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2021
Is it not the same reno that believes money can be made by killing someone for ritual? He is not a rational chap, so why bother with the bullshiites he's saying in that godforsaken land.

True Igbos know where they are coming from and where they are heading. True emancipation is not a game of violence, rather is mental and active participation in bringing about grassroots changes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stakeholders Praise Ugwuanyi For Making Enugu Reference In Public Service Reform / BREAKING: FBI Rejects Jeffrey Guterman's Request To Release File On Tinubu / Gov Soludo Is The Best Performing Governor For Now (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.