Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves (4100 Views)

How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri / Proof That Reno Omokri Steals Posts From Nairaland And Use It On Twitter / Prince Sammy Adebiyi: Lagos Belongs To Awori's, Not Bini Or Yeroba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
Glink2018:

You are the monitoring spirit sent from the pit hell to.be monitoring my mention....

Holy ghost fire!!!!!!!!!!!/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been noticed.

Run along.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ariani:

Me I was disappointed and tired.

We need help. Our youths are no longer capable of using ako.

The damage has been done and will be hard to erase. Everything is now viewed on emotions. Emotions A-Z.

No control just kicking carelessly instead of tacitly.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Glink2018(m): 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You have been noticed.

Run along.

Dot member
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
Glink2018:

Dot member

You have been noticed.

Run along.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Ikinternational: 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
aribisala0:

I see you are afflicted by illiteracy.

Read and comprehend before making a fool of yourself
We are talking about those who SOLD SLAVES DIRECTLY TO EUROPEANS DURING THE SLAVE TRADE IN COASTAL AREAS

And here you are telling us that your grandfather, Mr ICHEOKU was a Houseboy to a white man and lived in his Boy's Quarters in Onitsha

How are the two scenarios related

The point is that Eegbows did not deal directly with Europeans in the slave trade era because they did not control coastal territory and effectively were a dot in a circle hence the need for Ijaws, Itshekiri, Efik etc.

Fuvck you. And I did love to tell you to your face.
Fvck the internet trolling bullshit. I want to fuvck your bitchass up to reset your brain.

Enjoy ya sm clout in a pool of blood bitch. Irl
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by aribisala0(m): 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ikinternational:

Fuvck you. And I did love to tell you to your face.
Fvck the internet trolling bullshit. I want to fuvck your bitchass up to reset your brain.

Enjoy ya sm clout in a pool of blood bitch. Irl

Impotent rage.
The goat stamping its feet will not obviate its sale and eventual slaughter
Bottled corn is just a video for a chicken
If you meet me face to face dem no born you well make you no kneel down greet me
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Glink2018(m): 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You have been noticed.

Run along.

I will tell Myetti Allah boss to speak the language you will understand to you...
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Ikinternational: 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
aribisala0:

Impotent rage.
The goat stamping its feet will not obviate its sale and eventual slaughter
Bottled corn is just a video for a chicken
If you meet me face to face dem no born you well make you no kneel down greet me

Let's pray it happens say Amen
I don't give a flying fuvck what drivel you're quoting
Errybody tough till ya jaw gets tapped
Eat a dick bitch

Igbos no dey your area abi
Stupid motherfucker
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
Gambit23:

Jaja was sold to Europeans as an apprenticeship slave and after some years, he bought his freedom and returned to the Nigerian space as a rich man and existed amongst the riverine people and later rose in rank as a leader there( IN ANNA PEPPLE HOUSE). A SLAVE CANNOT RISE TO SUCH POSITION OF POWER.

He later had clashes and left with his family, bloodline and other riverine followers and established Opobo.

WIKIPEDIA is an editable website where anyone can write articles n submit there or edit already existing articles

Dude I have more sources than Wikipedia, I just posted that link, hoping you would google instead of getting emotional.

Read the references on Wikipedia. It is pretty much common knowledge, after JaJa rose up he blocked his fellow Igbos from being able to trade in the area. He hated his people so much or was so greedy he blocked them from being able to come up like him. How did he rise up so fast? Because he was incredibly hard working and earned favours with the ruler of that time and he became rich enough to lead his own house. Yes he became a riverine leader but his roots is IMO state. History bites sometimes but the consequences are worse when you deny it.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
DuwaRepublic:

Dude I have more sources than Wikipedia, I just posted that link, hoping you would google instead of getting emotional.

Read the references on Wikipedia. It is pretty much common knowledge, after JaJa rose up he blocked his fellow Igbos from being able to trade in the area. He hated his people so much or was so greedy he blocked them from being able to come up like him. How did he rise up so fast? Because he was incredibly hard working and earned favours with the ruler of that time and he became rich enough to lead his own house. Yes he became a riverine leader but his roots is IMO state. History bites sometimes but the consequences are worse when you deny it.

:He hated his people so much or was so greedy he blocked them from being able to come up like him"

Bring proof to back up this.
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 26, 2021
Gambit23:

U are quite sick n uninformed.

Asaba Man Responds On Facebook To Asaba Is Igbo Claims

Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo"

Short story: One of my earliest and most persistent memories is this - near my village, 1 kilometer from Asaba, was a camp where people lived.
Who are they I asked - “Wa bu Ndigbo” I was told. Translation: “They are Igbos”.
I was confused. Aren’t we Igbos, but I said nothing.
Another occasion I heard some commotion in the direction of the camp. Oh don’t be worried I was told. They are Igbos. Again so thought but we are igbos!

Fast forward 3 decades.
A friend of mine from Aba who married from Asaba, over a beer told me “I can’t get over Asaba people. During my native law, my wife’s people kept abusing her in the same language I spoke. They kept saying ‘so in this whole world, you couldn’t find anyone to marry but an Igbo?’”
These are true accounts.
People from my area… even the indigenes of ONITSHA (I’ve been told) consider themselves Not Igbo.
I grew up seeing my people refer to others as “Those Igbo people”.
I have just learnt that the phrase “Igbo enwere Eze” was coined by core Igbos to separate themselves from the Onitsha indigenes…
Following that logic, Asaba nwere eze .... kedụ ka ọ ga-esi bụrụ igbo?
ka anyi biri n’udo nwanne m nwoke
m zuru ikpe m

It’s not an issue to be swept under the carpet. We need to consider it seriously.

Just because everyone in America speaks English doesn’t change their ancestry (some are of German, Italian, Russian, African, Chinese ancestry...).
Ancestry can only be determined scientifically by DNA analysis. My sister discovered she has ancestors from Mali, Senega... of course!! The river Niger flows through those nations before it passes the shores of my village which sits on the West Bank of the Niger net Asaba.

Bottom line, you cannot teach a man how to write with his left hand in old age.
The real issue is why so many Igbo speaking people reject the idea they’re Igbo. (Like some Egyptians in an interview I watched - who can’t understand why they’re considered Africans at all!).
Let’s have an academic discussion why!
We may learn valuable lessons.
��‍♂️�
Good morning.

Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 26, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Freed by you and travellled such distance to return to east?

sit and listen to yourself.

Those at the periphery/fringes are thee freed slaves and sold slaves.

if they can't debunk reno then let them enjoy their slave status...all of em

Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo"

Short story: One of my earliest and most persistent memories is this - near my village, 1 kilometer from Asaba, was a camp where people lived.
Who are they I asked - “Wa bu Ndigbo” I was told. Translation: “They are Igbos”.
Another occasion I heard some commotion in the direction of the camp. Oh don’t be worried I was told. They are Igbos. Again so thought but we are igbos!

Fast forward 3 decades.
A friend of mine from Aba who married from Asaba, over a beer told me “I can’t get over Asaba people. During my native law, my wife’s people kept abusing her in the same language I spoke. They kept saying ‘so in this whole world, you couldn’t find anyone to marry but an Igbo?’”
These are true accounts.
People from my area… even the indigenes of ONITSHA (I’ve been told) consider themselves Not Igbo.
I have just learnt that the phrase “Igbo enwere Eze” was coined by core Igbos to separate themselves from the Onitsha indigenes…
m zuru ikpe m

It’s not an issue to be swept under the carpet. We need to consider it seriously.

Just because everyone in America speaks English doesn’t change their ancestry (some are of German, Italian, Russian, African, Chinese ancestry...).
Ancestry can only be determined scientifically by DNA analysis. My sister discovered she has ancestors from Mali, Senega... of course!! The river Niger flows through those nations before it passes the shores of my village which sits on the West Bank of the Niger net Asaba.

The real issue is why so many Igbo speaking people reject the idea they’re Igbo. (Like some Egyptians in an interview I watched - who can’t understand why they’re considered Africans at all!).
��‍♂️�
Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 26, 2021
jerseyboy:

Fast forward 3 decades.
These are true accounts.
m zuru ikpe m

��‍♂️�
Good morning.

Screenshot the Asaba man.

Next
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 26, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Next
If I post for you the facebook link will you surrender your foolishness?
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 26, 2021
jerseyboy:

If I post for you the facebook link will you surrender your foolishness?

Next
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by CovenHighPriest: 9:40am On Jul 26, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Sold fire

this is not worth argument

Slaves are those who upon returning now answers all sort of English and Portuguese names as their names even renaming towns in favour of their engllish masters....

That's full blown slave status

LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by Gambit23: 9:57am On Jul 26, 2021
jerseyboy:

Fast forward 3 decades.
These are true accounts.
m zuru ikpe m

��‍♂️�
Good morning.

Always make conscious efforts to keep stupid things offline
Re: Why Are Igbos Bothered That Reno Said Bini Or Itshekiri Sold Them As Slaves by RestructureNig3: 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2022
Reno does not have prove

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City / Supeme Court Removes Celestine Omehia,rotimi Amaechi In As Rivers State Governor / Legalize Prostitution In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.