Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

The High Rate Of Begging In Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The High Rate Of Begging In Nigeria. (1704 Views)

Street Begging In Kwara State. / Women Protest Against Sowore’s Detention At The High Court In Abuja (Photos) / Governor Umar Ganduje To End Street Begging In Kano, Forms A Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The High Rate Of Begging In Nigeria. by Danzakidakura(m): 6:58am On Jul 25, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
Yes
bayarbe kwolokwolo, with your smelling boxer tomorrow you will go beg another Igbo man money for your area.
Re: The High Rate Of Begging In Nigeria. by ceejay10(m): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2021
They do that in front of Mega chicken, apple junction everyday.Same set of young teenage girls and boys. After falling for their theatrics twice, I no longer give them listening ears. It's a reflection of how low we ve sank as a nation. Really sad.

1 Like

Re: The High Rate Of Begging In Nigeria. by clericuzzio(m): 9:15am On Jul 25, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:
On monday 19th July, I was having bottled water in an eatery. One lady approached me, she should be about 22, she introduced herself by name and begged to sit at my table. I agreed. The next thing she said was that she needed help.

I told her to continue, she said she was stranded, that she lost her wallet. And that she was sent to purchase something. I doubted her but I still wanted to help. At first I asked whether she had transport fare to go home, she answered straight, "I can sort that out". In my mind, hmmm.

So what's the matter ? I asked. She said she needed N1,000 that it was exactly the amount she lost. I now wanted to get a clearer picture. I added again, " Did you throw away your purse or wallet ? She said no, that she didn't come out with a purse ! That the money slipped outta her jeans. red flag

I said okay, take N1k. She went again, sir can I get N200 from you ? I was like, but the first question I asked you was, " Do you have Tfare to get home " ? And you said that you can sort that out. Second red flag..

Wednesday, sitting out again, a woman came with same format. I remembered Monday, I didn't give her attention, because my plate of food had my attention.

Omo, today again, this boy showed up, "Sir can I talk to you " I just told him that I was not here to talk but to eat. The boy don cross here more than 5 times. I no send beggars again.

Where is this country going ?

So you were quick to help a matured girl of 22yrs and decided to shun a little boy even though it had a similar format with the first. You could have given the boy even if 5h

1 Like

Re: The High Rate Of Begging In Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2021
clericuzzio:

So we're quick to help a matured girl of 22yrs and decided to shun a little boy even though it had a similar format with the first. You could have given the boy even if 5h

The girl lied to me. It was Tfare I wanted giving her at first.

So I lock up on others.
Re: The High Rate Of Begging In Nigeria. by Revolva(m): 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2021
hargbolahan01:
That happened to me this morning at mosque as I was charging my phone and that came in and observed is solat and I was standing at the entrance of the mosque and I went in to check my phone and going back to where I was standing and he called me to narrate in short and everything ended with what can you help me that kids are at home I was just short of words cause I didn't left home with money cause I wasn't thinking of such... A middle age man ooo

so sad na this one de make me feel very down...a father cant provide for his children anymore....how will the wife feel? the innocent children will be going through hunger day and night..

this country is not a place at all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Must Go Protest Hit Ojota In Lagos | Live Video / Chukwuemeka Ezeife : When Govt Named IPOB A Terrorist Organisation / Ndigbo Actually Voted A Fulani Man As Mayor Of Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.