Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris (1739 Views)

Ladoja: Tinubu’ll Be Law-Abiding, Respect Federal Character As President / The Northern Elders Forum Warns Against The Demonization Of Law-Abiding Fulani / "Be Law Abiding, Defend Your Votes And Stay Safe" Jennifer Abubakar Tasks Electo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Nemere2020: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2021
THE leader of the Shuwa Arab in Edo State, Alhaji Idris Adanno has cleared the air on the controversy that has surrounded the purported plan to coronate a Sultan of Shuwa Arab in Benin City which has elicited condemnation from the public and the state government issuing a ban on the activity.

Speaking to journalists in Benin City on Friday morning, Adanno who is at the centre of the controversy declared their absolute loyalty to the state government and the Oba of Benin who he said is their father.

“The whole issue was misunderstood because of the language used. All the tribes from the north who are resident in Edo State are all under the Sarkin Hausawa but we all now have our individual sarkin like those of Kanuri, Nupe and others.

“In our Shuwa language, the sultan is our own sarkin and we only wanted to celebrate my appointment as the head of Shuwa Arab in Benin because we are the second-largest local ethnic group from the north.

“We are all under Sarkin Hausawa of Benin who gave us an introductory letter which we submitted before the governor of the state, the Oba of Benin, and the Secretary to State Government.

“We are all law-abiding citizens and under the laws of the state. We are also loyal to our royal father the Oba of Benin who is father to all of us. We apologise to the state government for the mix-up and as law abiding citizens, we have also cancelled all the activities we wanted to do as directed by the state government.”

Corroborating this position, the Sarkin Hausawa of Benin, Alhaji Adamu Isa said the whole incident was because of the choice of language.

He said: “They are a community resident in Edo and they have a large percentage of their people here too, they are into cattle breeding and other businesses. The thing is the misuse of language from them.

“About five months ago, they came to me that since they are large, they want to have a traditional head so I told them to go and look for someone among them who is going to be their leader and so they came with one Idris and then some issues came up then I asked them to go and resolve it and I gave them a date to come back.

“And then we did the turban of their leader so that in case we have issues concerning them, we know who to hold responsible. You know our culture; it is easier for you to regulate the activities of people using the traditional heads, that is why they said anytime we have a large set of people from the same place, we look for a traditional head.

“The whole issue was misunderstood. I was born and bred here in Benin, my father was born and bred here in Benin so I understand the tradition and custom of the land and the laws of the state. It was just a misuse of language. Sultan in their own language means sarkin.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/edo-sultan-our-intention-misunderstood-we-are-law-abiding-idris/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Moloso(m): 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
G
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by AroleOduduwa2: 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
No, you are not. There is nothing law abiding about you and your ethnic group. You people think you’re above the law and to you everything is about conquest.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Hardgun: 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
Dem no want
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by omowolewa: 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2021
Smile

Well packaged poison.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by BKayy: 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
Eiyaah,
See how humble and considerate the incoming peaceful Sultan is. My heart is still in pieces after reading this emotional submission.
I believe the Good people of Ẹdo will do the right thing by allowing this peaceful Sultan to be coronated so as to prove to Nigeria and the world at large that they are not insecure or as intolerant as some group of people near them.
May God bless the proud People of Ẹdo
May God bless the Sultan of Ẹdo state
SAY NO TO XENOPHOBIA
One Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2021
Don't let this news carry us away, we need to ban every other non indigenes rulers. Ban Eze Ndi Ibo in Yoruba land, ban Emir in Yoruba land. That was how one Eze was challenging Akure King but the ibos will be using style to tell Yorubas to focus only on hausa but two of them are the same.

7 Likes

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Sirjamo: 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2021
Some Nigerians still believe that someone can take over a city of three million, just by installing an inconsequential traditional head, like we are still in the 15th Century.

1 Like

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by rikithor(m): 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2021
You are law abiding, no wahala go back to your north and practice rule of law-abiding
,,,, ,,,,,,
Learn how to drive better ,manual or automatic cars, call for driving mentoring, driving license, vehicle papers,
,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,
Need domestic workers such as Househelp, drivers, cleaners, nanny call or WhatsApp numbers below
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 1:43pm On Aug 20, 2021
The man in question should be arrested immediately and with "mischevious attempt to disrupt public peace" in Edo.

1 Like

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Chloraseptic: 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2021
Na so.

Na through clapping dance dey start.

After coronation is it not empire..

They choose the wrong place to pitch their tent..

I think you people's minds are steel. You should have proceeded with the coronation and see what befalls you and the stupid owner of the Hotel who's a Benin and should have known better.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Maxymilliano(m): 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2021
They can continue to be law-abiding citizen by maintaining the status quo and stick to the recognized title of Sarkin Hausawa.

Anything otherwise will be considered an aberration.

Nothing like Sultan in Edo State, pure and simple.
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2021
See how Terrorists come humble

2 Likes

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by FarahAideed: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2021
Nothing is being Misunderstood....
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2021
BKayy:
Eiyaah,
See how humble and considerate the incoming peaceful Sultan is. My heart is still in pieces after reading this emotional submission.
I believe the Good people of Ẹdo will do the right thing by allowing this peaceful Sultan to be coronated so as to prove to Nigeria and the world at large that they are not insecure or as intolerant as some group of people near them.
SAY NO TO XENOPHOBIA
One Nigeria

Shey you were ranting yesterday with zombie.malema

If you don't abide by our state laws go to north, we didn't disturb your hisbah

We don't do Taqiya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by OVB123: 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2021
Despite the explanation, i still believe that they is an hidden agenda. The oba of benin and the state government shouldn't give them a chance.

3 Likes

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by bjdon: 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
BKayy:
Eiyaah,
SAY NO TO XENOPHOBIA
One Nigeria

I think all the tribes in Nigeria will attest to the fact that the Edo people are not xenophobic. We welcome all and are hostile to none, all we ask is that our traditions are respected. We have had Hausa and Fulani groups in out state for over 100's of years with no problem. My grandfather used to tell me tales of trading hides and skins with Northern traders as far back as 1920's.
With this clarification they have giving I see no reason why the event can't be rescheduled for a future date. The settled northern communities in Edo are a peaceful bunch. It's the new 'foreign' ones that are the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2021
OVB123:
Despite the explanation, i still believe that they is an hidden ajender.
ofcourse na

Does he mean that Jos Christian's, Benue people in every state are under fulani/Hausa rulership when same group have their association

1 Like

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2021
bjdon:

I think all the tribes in Nigeria will attest to the fact that the Edo people are not xenophobic. We welcome all and are hostile to none, all we ask is that our traditions are respected. We have had Hausa and Fulani groups in out state for over 100's of years with no problem. My grandfather used to tell me tales of trading hides and skins with Northern traders as far back as 1920's.
With this clarification they have giving I see no reason why the event can't be rescheduled for a future date. The settled northern communities in Edo are a peaceful bunch. It's the new 'foreign' ones that are the problem.

you get time

1 Like

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Ikpeyi: 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2021
They are Nigerians.... Igbo's do have Eze ndi Igbo in cities across the country... So why is there own different?
Why the hate for Shuwa Arabs?

At least nobody will say they Fulani's

Lets love one another abeg...

Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba for 2023.
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by yemmight(m): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2021
The should not allow any installation of emir in Edo. Na so e dey take start.
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by ogododo: 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2021
Nemere2020:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/edo-sultan-our-intention-misunderstood-we-are-law-abiding-idris/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Na so dem dey start. Later dem go rewrite history, se na dere forefathers get land. Like Jos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Caramia2020(m): 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2021
Na so, after testing d water, if it's warm u would have dive in n start swimming but bcoz it is hot now, we misunderstood u guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by AntiBeEmCe(m): 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2021
Bulhari is the reason why ds people have the audacity to do whatever they want to do. The unfunny thing is that, if they fail to install a sultan now, they will try again in a few years to come. They never give up in their desperate need for conquest. In fact, they live for it.

1 Like

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by bjdon: 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
Mikecold:
you get time

We are xenophobic o, we argree

He should pack his Terrorist brothers to ibarapa
Otamere, your body dey hot. I feel you, but remember the lion dose not concern itself with the play of the goat, unless the goat crosses the 'red line' . They have shown remorse and respect, let's allow them be
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by pedrilo: 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2021
If we ever hear pim from u pipo again we will cut off ur heads and throw dem inside Benin moat.
U didnt come to Edo for traditional leadership positions but for business purposes.
Go and do ur biz. Case closed.
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by bjdon: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2021
All these my Edo brothers una body dey hot today! I wish say I fit buy una some Guilder and pepper soup. cheesy Make we chill for them nau. Hausa people for Benin City no dey find anybody trouble. Na all these new 'Buhari Children' from outside Nigeria be the problem. They don apologize, wen pikin say sorry na to forgive am nau, abi no be so?
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Berezuski: 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2021
That's how they go about causing trouble everywhere.
sark, Sultan, shuwa etc don't have any business in Edo state
You know all these things yet you went ahead to print that nonsense you call invitation card abi"
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by kingsceemark(m): 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2021
SlyDev:
Don't let this news carry us away, we need to ban every other non indigenes rulers. Ban Eze Ndi Ibo in Yoruba land, ban Emir in Yoruba land. That was how one Eze was challenging Akure King but the ibos will be using style to tell Yorubas to focus only on hausa but two of them are the same.

Mumu, they are talking about one stupid Terrorist trying to cross lane lines of another people, you're here talking rubbish

Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by WATCHOVER(m): 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2021
Sirjamo:
Some Nigerians still believe that someone can take over a city of three million, just by installing an inconsequential traditional head, like we are still in the 15th Century.
It still exist, but they can't succeed in Edo
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
kingsceemark:

Mumu, they are talking about one stupid Terrorist trying to cross lane lines of another people, you're here talking rubbish

While the second terrorist are trying to cross lane too. They participate in arm robbery, produce fake drugs that kill our babies(fake drugs kill 3 times more than fulani herdsmen), they disobey our traditional leader like the Akure King example which even the Hausa have not done.
Re: Edo ‘Sultan’: Our Intention Misunderstood, We Are Law-abiding – Idris by kingsceemark(m): 5:02pm On Aug 20, 2021
SlyDev:

While the second terrorist are trying to cross lane too. They participate in arm robbery, produce fake drugs that kill our babies(fake drugs kill 3 times more than fulani herdsmen), they disobey our traditional leader like the Akure King example which even the Hausa have not done.

The same Hausa you're romancing with drove your people including a traditional leader crossed border to Benin Republic IDP camp right before your dirty nose, and they are still living there till today, how about that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Picture A True Representation Of Nigeria? / Buhari Regime Ordered Us To Block Peoples Gazette’s Website In Nigeria: MTN / War In Apc As Bola Tinubu Declare Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.