Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

How Long Does Your Battery Last? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Long Does Your Battery Last? (3968 Views)

How Long Does It Take Easybuy To Lock A Defaulter's Phone? / What Is Your Battery Capacity And How Long Does It Last With Heavy Usage?? / How Many Days Does Your Phone Battery Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Jazzman01: 6:51am On Jul 25, 2021
I am currently using Redmi9A and I get an average of 10hrs SOT. But I feel a 5000mah device should do better than this. I have used Infinix hot5 before with 4000mah and I normally get an average of 12hrs SOT.

Is something wrong with my 9A or it is a general trend with Xiaomi phones?

Before opting for 9A, my intention was to get hot 8 after the good experience I had with the hot5 battery and I believed hot8 will do better with its bigger battery. But after reading so much review about Xiaomi from guys here, I decided to give 9A a try. But right now I am not comfortable with the battery performance.

Please guys using infinix or other brands with 5000mah battery, how many hours of continuous screen ON time do you get?

NB;- SOT (Screen On Time)

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Flamees(m): 6:56am On Jul 25, 2021
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by SamuelLoch: 7:29am On Jul 25, 2021
OP, you constantly use your phone for 10hrs?

My phone is 4000mAh. Most times, I charge it at night. I disconnect when I wake up in the middle of the night, and I use till the next night.
Sometimes, I have to give it a little charge in the afternoon.
You should know that I'm glued to my phone, playing music almost throughout work hours, and games sometimes in the evening.
I don't know how many hours, precisely, but this is my routine

Modified (with screen shot attached)

I charged a little before going out this morning. I should be returning home with nothing less than 20%. I play music majorly. Other things would include maybe Instagram and WhatsApp, or play a game (BB Racing/ Critical Ops/Duolingo) for some minutes.
I believe that a game console (PS 3/4/5) should be used for heavy games.

Jazzman01:

Nah, no one can stay glued to his/her phone for straight 10hrs. But the SOT statistics is accumulative. For example if you use 1hr, and drop your phone, then comeback to it after 3hrs, the SOT will continue the reading from 1hr. So in total, I get 10hrs.

One last thing, I've noticed that our using Wi-Fi instead of the regular data connection saves your phone's battery

Which type of phone are you using?

Kunja2:
how many times do you charge it in a day and which device is that?

I modified my post to add details plus screenshot.
By the way, I use one of the recent Tecno Camon series. I don't want to influence anybody's decision to buy or market for the Transsion Company.

Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2021
My phone battery,4get dat nigga be like olakunle churchil panis e no dey last
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Jazzman01: 8:00am On Jul 25, 2021
SamuelLoch:

My phone is 4000mAh. Most times, I charge it at night. I disconnect when I wake up in the middle of the night, and I use till the next night.
You should know that I'm glued to my phone, playing music almost throughout work hours, and games sometimes in the evening.

Nah, no one can stay glued to his/her phone for straight 10hrs. But the SOT statistics is accumulative. For example if you use 1hr, and drop your phone, then comeback to it after 3hrs, the SOT will continue the reading from 1hr. So in total, I get 10hrs.

Which type of phone are you using?
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Jazzman01: 8:00am On Jul 25, 2021
Ernerstdavid55:
My phone battery,4get dat nigga be like olakunle churchil panis e no dey last

Name of the phone?
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by pstemma1990: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2021
Jazzman01:
I am currently using Redmi9A and I get an average of 10hrs SOT. But I feel a 5000mah device should do better than this. I have used Infinix hot5 before with 4000mah and I normally get an average of 12hrs SOT.

Before opting for 9A, my intention was to get hot 8 after the good experience I had with the hot5 battery and I believed hot8 will do better with its bigger battery. But after reading so much review about Xiaomi from guys here, I decided to give 9A a try. But right now I am not comfortable with the battery performance.

Please guys using infinix or other brands with 5000mah battery, how many hours of continuous screen ON time do you get?

currently using Infinix hot9 with 5000mah, if it's fully charged with data on, it can last for 20 hours+

4 Likes

Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Jazzman01: 8:05am On Jul 25, 2021
pstemma1990:
currently using Infinix hot9 with 5000mah, if it's fully charged with data on, it can last for 20 hours+

Like seriously? You mean 20hours plus of Screen on Time? Or you are referring to total standby time?

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by pstemma1990: 8:08am On Jul 25, 2021
Jazzman01:

Like seriously? You mean 20hours plus of Screen on Time? Or you are referring to total standby time?
there's no way the screen can be on 24/7 but if it's fully charged, I can use it for like 2 days, I last charged it yesterday morning, still having 58 percent left, and this 58 percent can last me till tomorrow.... If it's remaining just 2 percent, I can still browse close to 2 hours..

Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Jazzman01: 8:14am On Jul 25, 2021
pstemma1990:
there's no way the screen can be on 24/7 but if it's fully charged, I can use it for like 2 days, I last charged it yesterday morning, still having 58 percent left, and this 58 percent can last me till tomorrow.... If it's remaining just 2 percent, I can still browse close to 2 hours..

That's amazing. Can I see your current SOT ? Goto battery usage stats and click on screen usage.
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by pstemma1990: 8:20am On Jul 25, 2021
Jazzman01:

That's amazing. Can I see your current SOT ? Goto battery usage stats and click on screen usage.
here

Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Jazzman01: 8:26am On Jul 25, 2021
pstemma1990:
here

The SOT is not there
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:32am On Jul 25, 2021
Jazzman01:

Name of the phone?
u wan laugh me ni .i need beta phone jare
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by dankwoska: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2021
My pova lasted for 3 days without doing anything just to receive calls... But normally when it was my main phone omo I charge everyday den even if the battery is at 60 or 50%
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by SKhanmi: 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2021
Oukitel WP6, 10,000mah. Don't know about light users, but it can go 2 days without charging for a heavy user.
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Meister(m): 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
pstemma1990:
here

You don't even use your phone boss, your complete SOT no even reach 4hrs

Here's mine

Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Youngpo413: 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2021
Still better than hot 8 and 10 lite SOT....you can get the Realme 6i...it tops the battery chart on GSMARENA.
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Jazzman01: 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
Meister:

You don't even use your phone boss, your complete SOT no even reach 4hrs

Here's mine

Where did you see the SOT ? What he uploaded was just a general usage statistics.
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Meister(m): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
Jazzman01:

Where did you see the SOT ? What he uploaded was just a general usage statistics.

It can obviously be rounded up, even if every thing there is calculated separately (even though he was probably using the music player concurrently with other apps) he still doesn't get up to 4hrs which is not an amazing SOT and doesn't correlate with his first statement

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Freelancerx: 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2021
three days? shocked
dankwoska:
My pova lasted for 3 days without doing anything just to receive calls... But normally when it was my main phone omo I charge everyday den even if the battery is at 60 or 50%
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by lampi: 4:28pm On Jul 25, 2021
I don't know what I'm to do to my Gionee m7, the phone battery no dey gree die
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Freelancerx: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
click on the three dot icon and click show full device usage
pstemma1990:
here
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Jazzman01: 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
Youngpo413:
Still better than hot 8 and 10 lite SOT....you can get the Realme 6i...it tops the battery chart on GSMARENA.

You must be joking. The reports I am getting from infinix users is an average of 15Hrs SOT.
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Jazzman01: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2021
lampi:

Maybe you are not a heavy user. If I handle it, it will not even last for one day! I will run it down under few hours.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Youngpo413: 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2021
Jazzman01:

You must be joking. The reports I am getting from infinix users is an average of 15Hrs SOT.
k
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Youngpo413: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
lampi:
Iol,Gionee na baba o...
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Reeberry: 6:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
Youngpo413:
Iol,Gionee na baba o...
That was then. For the about 3 years now, their phones are trash.
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Youngpo413: 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2021
Reeberry:
That was then. For the about 3 years now, their phones are trash.
I noticed that too,all these models are like a 'franchise'
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by lampi: 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2021
Jazzman01:

Maybe you are not a heavy user. If I handle it, it will not even last for one day! I will run it down under few hours.
Mr heavy user, I hail u.
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Kunja2: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2021
Jazzman01:

whats the title if that song Phyno sang with Timaya for Hushpuppy again??
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Kunja2: 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2021
SamuelLoch:

how many times do you charge it in a day and which device is that?
Re: How Long Does Your Battery Last? by Kunja2: 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
pstemma1990:
on heavy usage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mtn 5g Launched In Nigeria: Spoiler Alert:– It Is Super Fast!!! �� / How To Transfer MB On MTN Sim. / Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.