Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Christianity is Dicey - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity is Dicey (1534 Views)

Atheist John Steinruken - "Why Christianity Is Great" / Primate Elijah Ayodele: "Buhari’s Second Term Dicey, But…" / Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 3:55pm On Sep 01, 2021
Tell me you don't go to church
Kobojunkie:
I didn't used to know the scriptures like this either until I sat down and began reading through , book by book, as if I was reading through a novel. That is when I learnt that what the Mogs spew from their pulpits are nothing but lies to manipulate the gullible in the name of God, just as Jesus Christ warned. undecided

Jesus Christ said that it is only those who use the understanding they have - I started by using basic human language comprehension skills - in attempting to grasp the things of God, will have more understanding given to them. Those who refuse to use the understanding they have will have even the understanding they previously had taken away from them - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 13. undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
Tell me you don't go to church
Ofcourse I don't! undecided

My end goal is Heaven, not Hell. undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2021
Why do you think those listening to Jesus said:

“He has a demon and is out of his mind. Why do you listen to him?" John 10:20

Know today that Faith is not a possession of all kinds of people! 2Thessalonians 3:2 smiley

Divoc19:
But that is crazy!
So crazy. Things have not changed. My dad was right. But, ain't turning back from Christ. Church or no church
Re: Christianity is Dicey by shadeyinka(m): 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
Dear Nairalanders, please I need clarification.

I have had this same personal beef with Christian religion for years now.

My father's friend died, the church refused to bury him because they said they couldn't testify to the deceased life as neither he nor my dad were active members in the church (the nature of their work).

This lead my dad to Muslims that accepted to bury this corpse and that was how my father got converted to Islam. This was before he even got married and had us(his many children) he always told us that christians don't love like Muslims do.

I got converted at 13, the love I had in/from/for the church was immeasurable in my teens. But as an adult, I have faced rejections from the church more than 3 times because I don't follow the rules.

Is church not supposed to be a place of spiritual cleansing/worship alone?

Why is church now an organization?

Must we be part of a church to make heaven?

Why is it that churches won't help you unless you are an active church goer i.e.
1. You have to pay your tithes with proofs.
2. Be active in one department or the other.
3. And attend home-cell e.t.c.
Before they can support you for;
1. Weddings
2. Naming
3. Anniversary
4. Wake-keeping e.t.c.

Thank you in advance.
The church doesn't have unlimited source of funds, hence, they have to help the committed members before outsiders.

If you are a member of a church, you shouldn't be a PARASITE but among those who contribute to help others. A parasite is one who claims a right to reap where they have not planted.

1 Like

Re: Christianity is Dicey by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2021
shadeyinka:

The church doesn't have unlimited source of funds, hence, they have to help the committed members before outsiders.

If you are a member of a church, you shouldn't be a PARASITE but among those who contribute to help others. A parasite is one who claims a right to reap where they have not planted.

Though the metaphor "PARASITE" may sound offensive or harsh but this is the TRUTH! smiley

1 Like

Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 7:50am On Sep 02, 2021
Divoc19:
Dear Nairalanders, please I need clarification.

I have had this same personal beef with Christian religion for years now.

My father's friend died, the church refused to bury him because they said they couldn't testify to the deceased life as neither he nor my dad were active members in the church (the nature of their work).

This lead my dad to Muslims that accepted to bury this corpse and that was how my father got converted to Islam. This was before he even got married and had us(his many children) he always told us that christians don't love like Muslims do.

I got converted at 13, the love I had in/from/for the church was immeasurable in my teens. But as an adult, I have faced rejections from the church more than 3 times because I don't follow the rules.

Is church not supposed to be a place of spiritual cleansing/worship alone?

Why is church now an organization?

Why is it that churches won't help you unless you are an active church goer i.e.
1. You have to pay your tithes with proofs.
1. Weddings
2. Naming
3. Anniversary
4. Wake-keeping e.t.c.

Thank you in advance.

Oga the key to the post is the word here

organization?

Understand the word organization in this case organisation of men. The way most of the Christian DENOMINATIONS are set up today come under organizations of men. Such organizations of men have their own RULES AND REGULATIONS/POLICIES/PROCEDURES put in place to maintain the life of the organization they have setup. If you cannot SUBORDINATE yourself to these policies, procedures rules and regulations you go suffer as a member and na bit and pieces go reach you.

You should understand that most of them are like every other organisation in the secular world. They have objectives and goals if you don't fall in line, you get demoted or booted out.

Coming to all the below....

You have to pay your tithes with proofs.
1. Weddings
2. Naming
3. Anniversary
4. Wake-keeping e.t.c

You should know by now all the things mentioned up their are governed by numerous rules, regulations and policies and procedures set by the persons who are in charge of these Christian DENOMINATIONS most of which you cannot find it foundation in the Bible or scriptures.

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise master builder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

No be the name of the Christian DENOMINATIONS or church go stand for you in the final analysis. It is you, you, you that will give account that will be scrutinized.

48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Jesus said whoever....... na the name of your church dey do the will of God abi you?
Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 8:10am On Sep 02, 2021
chatinent:

Hello there,

It's pellucid in almost every church. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and we don't do all those rubbishes, and businesses prevalent in supposed churches.

I was a Catholic, and I could relate to what you are saying. However, do not relent if you have a thingy for Christianity. You only have to find the right one. My number is beneath this post.

Oga anyone that want to get married using your kingdom halls or make use of those you call ELDERS among your midst, do they follow the rules, regulations policies and procedures set up by your religious leaders regarding it?

Anyone that want to use the kingdom halls for burial talk or the elders do they follow the rules, regulations policies and procedures set up by your religious leaders regarding it?

It's pellucid in almost every church... Chantinent

This is enough information. Every grin includes the religious organisation you are a member of. They too have their mode of operation concerning all this things lined up by Op.

However, do not relent if you have a thingy for Christianity. You only have to find the right one.

Find the right Christianity abi? Someone said what the Catholic was for over 1700 years was what the Jehovah’s witnesses become in the first 5 decades of their existence grin.
Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 8:19am On Sep 02, 2021
Divoc19:
My siblings mock me but nothing can change my love for Christ it's just that churches today... undecided

I only go to church these days cos of my kids.

I have once had lectures from the witnesses.

Romans 8:35

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I wonder where you will put these organization of men under those words in bold......

Powers, principalities things or creature(you might has well see those churches as creatures of men grin grin) whatever the case what you said above is key.

Love of Christ.
Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 8:24am On Sep 02, 2021
dingbang:
ah ah.. Na simple sturvs na, the physical body will decay and turn to dust.

My dear see..forget all these doctrines. The bible says train your own children in the way they should grow, and they will not depart from it. dont leave the work to pastor or teacher with the mindset that you are going to church for your kids.

See on sunday you and your husband can teach your kids the sermon every sunday and they will learn the scriptures very well..

Church nowadays na to show who wear fine cloth pass and who donate more.. Rubbish

A classic case of when two or three are gathered in his name. Some said Jesus added OR OR OR three.

Two paapaa is good to go. Husband sit down with wife paapaa is enough grin grin

Mama junior sit down with junior is enough paapaa grin grin

Nobody go disturb the other with rules, regulations and policies wey no dey Bible.
Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 8:33am On Sep 02, 2021
Divoc19:
Am more concerned about when I die, who will(which pastor) and how will I be buried. All because I didn't associate with one of these churches? As a Christian?

Well na so life be. We are anxious and concerned about so many things but the reality himself said says let the dead bury their dead.

Na few things these things require. Humans like to dey exaggerate am pass as e suppose be. Person wey give detailed instructions how dem go bury am sef, people wey dey in charge on that day no gree follow through on what was written by the dead while still alive.
Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 8:36am On Sep 02, 2021
RussellRutherfo:

Divoc19
Whatever, you do. Find Jesus not JW organization. Easy to get in. When you start asking intelligent questions. You will be shunned and ostracized.
Don't ever fall for the lies of JW organisation. Their years of changed teachings and false prophecies even shocks the Devil. cheesy

No be false prophecies alone, what about numerous policies, rules regulations and procedures that cannot be found in the scripture.

That last image no be here oooo. Dem no go even accept the corpse not to talk of bury paapaa.

1 Like

Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 8:40am On Sep 02, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

See marketing! Why do you people market like bankers looking for target?

It's a rhetorical question so don't bother to answer.

That first question na big one.

Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 8:45am On Sep 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Well i don't know anything about missionaries what i know is that Christians aren't obligated to come and do anything with you if you're not associating with them {Hebrews 10:24-25} a member might decide to attend your wedding or other events that doesn't go against his faith but the church as a whole have nothing to do with you if you're not a serious member.

Otherwise the church should officiate in any gatherings anytime anyone has something to do! smiley

Well i don't know anything about missionaries

Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 8:49am On Sep 02, 2021
Divoc19:
Bible School teaches only what is in the Bible and gives deeper understanding of the word of God.

As far as you know it is another organisation of men which has it's own rules, regulations, policies and procedures.

I am not asking you not to go. Na you go watch out for these things while there. Those schools are set up with their objectives too.
Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 8:54am On Sep 02, 2021
Divoc19:
That's what I was saying, they are not obligated to honour your invite because you didn't meet their requirement on paper.
In cases like this only few individual will like to help outside the church. I
t's not a good omen for the church.

How to do good to others now becomes something to be regulated by these men who set up these religious organisations.

Even when members are willing and ready to support the fear of being thrown out by these men will make them pull back.
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 10:38am On Sep 02, 2021
I tell you. They are all now physically greedy and spiritually helpless.

achorladey:

How to do good to others now becomes something to be regulated by these men who set up these religious organisations.

Even when members are willing and ready to support the fear of being thrown out by these men will make them pull back.

1 Like

Re: Christianity is Dicey by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2021
Divoc19:

I tell you. They are all now physically greedy and spiritually helpless.

If you agree with your friend, he said you're good to go with your wife or son or mother or father as long as you're more than one you're OK to start your own worship.
So don't worry about organized people leave them with their wahala, do whatever you want with your fellow believers in the two or three persons Church service! cheesy
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Dtruthspeaker: 10:48am On Sep 02, 2021
achorladey:

That first question na big one.

grin
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 10:59am On Sep 02, 2021
I be female angry

And yes. Am good to go.
Covid even made a lot of us watch more online ministrations.
MaxInDHouse:

If you agree with your friend, he said you're good to go with your wife or son or mother or father as long as you're more than one you're OK to start your own worship.
So don't worry about organized people leave them with their wahala, do whatever you want with your fellow believers in the two or three persons Church service! cheesy
Re: Christianity is Dicey by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:08am On Sep 02, 2021
Ha, apologies Ma!
So you're good to go jare you don't need any Church, tell them to get the fvck out of your sight! cheesy

Divoc19:

I be female angry

And yes. Am good to go.

1 Like

Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
Divoc19:
I be female angry

And yes. Am good to go.

Abi! Covid 19 has it own advantages.

It has made people more aware that even without these large gatherings you can comfortably worship God with no hassle.

1 Like

Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 1:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Ha, apologies Ma!
So you're good to go jare you don't need any Church, tell them to get the fvck out of your sight! cheesy

Two or three is not enough to be called CHURCH for this one. Na when they reach 50 Church dey start.

At least the two or three are not gathering in YOUR name paapaa grin grin
Re: Christianity is Dicey by achorladey: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Your family worship prescribed and directed by your religious leaders expected and encouraged to be done every week, How many members are involved?

Do they not comprise two and threes?

The missionaries sent to far distant lands and area of which you lied by saying that you know nothing about by your religious leaders and the organisation you belong.

Do they not worship in TWOs and THREEs before they are able to set up congregations and the rest?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastors Who Perform Miracles / 2014 Will Determine Destinies Of People, Families, Nations -Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Why Does The Scriptures Not Permit Singles To Have Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.