Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Christianity is Dicey - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity is Dicey (1532 Views)

Atheist John Steinruken - "Why Christianity Is Great" / Primate Elijah Ayodele: "Buhari’s Second Term Dicey, But…" / Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity is Dicey by Dtruthspeaker: 10:22am On Sep 01, 2021
chatinent:

Hello there,

It's pellucid in almost every church. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and we don't do all those rubbishes, and businesses prevalent in supposed churches.

I was a Catholic, and I could relate to what you are saying. However, do not relent if you have a thingy for Christianity. You only have to find the right one. My number is beneath this post.

See marketing! Why do you people market like bankers looking for target?

It's a rhetorical question so don't bother to answer.

1 Like

Re: Christianity is Dicey by Dtruthspeaker: 10:26am On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
Dear Nairalanders, please I need clarification.

I have had this same personal beef with Christian religion for years now.

My father's friend died, the church refused to bury him because they said they couldn't testify to the deceased life as neither he nor my dad were active members in the church (the nature of their work).

This lead my dad to Muslims that accepted to bury this corpse and that was how my father got converted to Islam. This was before he even got married and had us(his many children) he always told us that christians don't love like Muslims do.

I got converted at 13, the love I had in/from/for the church was immeasurable in my teens. But as an adult, I have faced rejections from the church more than 3 times because I don't follow the rules.

Is church not supposed to be a place of spiritual cleansing/worship alone?

Why is church now an organization?

Must we be part of a church to make heaven?

Why is it that churches won't help you unless you are an active church goer i.e.
1. You have to pay your tithes with proofs.
2. Be active in one department or the other.
3. And attend home-cell e.t.c.
Before they can support you for;
1. Weddings
2. Naming
3. Anniversary
4. Wake-keeping e.t.c.

Thank you in advance.

Is it not the same humans you know again? Do they always do good and do they ever Obey God?

Since they disobey God, how can they still be Christians?

God and Christ no dey dat matter!

1 Like

Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 10:37am On Sep 01, 2021
It's true, it's the same human from creation even after the flood self.

Jesus Christ destroyed the temple because of the activities going on there, Human Being renamed the temple 'Church' and continued with the aforementioned activities till today.
May God help us.

Dtruthspeaker:

Is it not the same humans you know again? Do they always do good and do they ever Obey God?

Since they disobey God, how can they still be Christians?

God and Christ no dey dat matter!
Re: Christianity is Dicey by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:29am On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:

My father's friend died, the church refused to bury him because they said they couldn't testify to the deceased life as neither he nor my dad were active members in the church (the nature of their work).
This lead my dad to Muslims that accepted to bury this corpse and that was how my father got converted to Islam. This was before he even got married and had us(his many children) he always told us that christians don't love like Muslims do.
I got converted at 13, the love I had in/from/for the church was immeasurable in my teens. But as an adult, I have faced rejections from the church more than 3 times because I don't follow the rules.
Why is it that churches won't help you unless you are an active church goer i.e.
1. Weddings
2. Naming
3. Anniversary
4. Wake-keeping e.t.c.
Thank you in advance.

If the above truly bothers you and someone came up saying "all these doesn't happen in my church"

Then you replied:

Divoc19:
My siblings mock me but nothing can change my love for Christ it's just that churches today... undecided
I only go to church these days cos of my kids.
I have once had lectures from the witnesses.

Why not find the path that will not give you and your children the same stress in the future? undecided

Divoc19:

Christianity is not a church.
Thank you

Well this is a wrong concept!
Christianity is about a group PRACTICING what Jesus taught not some traditional beliefs that's hurting those practicing it. So it's about knowing the true Church that belongs to Jesus today, otherwise all these people won't be contradicting themselves all in the name of the same Jesus! Luke 11:23 smiley
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2021
Church won't take me to heaven.

MaxInDHouse:

Christianity is about a group PRACTICING what Jesus taught not some traditional beliefs that's hurting those practicing it. So it's about knowing the true Church that belongs to Jesus today, otherwise all these people won't be contradicting themselves all in the name of the same Jesus! Luke 11:23 smiley

1 Like

Re: Christianity is Dicey by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:18pm On Sep 01, 2021
The OP wasn't talking about Heaven rather it was the stress he experienced in false religion! smiley

Divoc19:

Church won't take me to heaven.
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 1:27pm On Sep 01, 2021
Christianity is not a church and church won't take anyone to heaven. It's best to avoid religious people with their false organization religion
MaxInDHouse:
The OP wasn't talking about Heaven rather it was the stress he experienced in false religion! smiley

1 Like

Re: Christianity is Dicey by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:

Christianity is not a church and church won't take anyone to heaven. It's best to avoid religious people with their false organization religion

Is it about Heaven that you're talking or what's happening in false religions? smiley
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2021
The heaven and false religion thing are both related.
Christianity of today is now an organization that only takes care of it's qualified members and not like in the days of missionary where they help needy strangers.

Their organizational setting makes things look like it's a way to go, so that heaven only sure when you go for programs and practice their doctrines.
MaxInDHouse:

Is it about Heaven that you're talking or what's happening in false religions? smiley

1 Like

Re: Christianity is Dicey by hupernikao: 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:

1. Weddings
2. Naming
3. Anniversary
4. Wake-keeping e.t.c.

Thank you in advance.

Good day Bro.

I observed you use a very general word "the church" to represent your experience with some few assemblies where you have fellowshipped with. Truly they can be referred to as church depending on your meaning but the reality is it won't be fair to use the experience of few/some to judge the whole. NOT EVERY CHURCH DO ALL YOU EXPLAINED OR LISTED ABOVE.

That means you must speak in specific language and understand that assemblies practices based on what they believe.

I am sure that for you to know that a church isn't doing the right thing, that means you know what the right things ought to be. So what will I advise.

I will advise you take that knowledge of knowing what is right to seek for a church who will help your knowledge more. Seek for a place where Christ is the focus of their worship. This will help in how they view believers in Christ. A man who love Christ not out of selfish interest or what he wants to receive from Christ or God, will surely love what belongs to Christ and the lives that Christ died for.

So, Bro, don't be discouraged, find a place by the help of God's leading (there are many around) and stay committed there, despite their weaknesses or challenges. You can't find a perfect church because there are no perfect people. But in working together (as a church) even in our imperfection we can walk in the will of God which is perfect.

I pray you find a place where you will grow in God's will and stand perfect in Christ purpose.
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Dtruthspeaker: 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
It's true, it's the same human from creation even after the flood self.

Jesus Christ destroyed the temple because of the activities going on there, Human Being renamed the temple 'Church' and continued with the aforementioned activities till today.
May God help us.

Thank you.

God has indeed helped us, but we are to take the help already afore- given.
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 2:00pm On Sep 01, 2021
Thank you so much. But am not a bro smiley
Am not discouraged though rather, this experience has made me to want to enrol in a Bible School in one of the churches I really like.

The Bible School is for the benefit of personal understanding of the word more. I have no intention of becoming a minister or owning a church.

hupernikao:

Good day Bro.

I observed you use a very general word "the church" to represent your experience with some few assemblies where you have fellowshipped with. Truly they can be referred to as church depending on your meaning but the reality is it won't be fair to use the experience of few/some to judge the whole. NOT EVERY CHURCH DO ALL YOU EXPLAINED OR LISTED ABOVE.

That means you must speak in specific language and understand that assemblies practices based on what they believe.

I am sure that for you to know that a church isn't doing the right thing, that means you know what the right things ought to be. So what will I advise.

I will advise you take that knowledge of knowing what is right to seek for a church who will help your knowledge more. Seek for a place where Christ is the focus of their worship. This will help in how they view believers in Christ. A man who love Christ not out of selfish interest or what he wants to receive from Christ or God, will surely love what belongs to Christ and the lives that Christ died for.

So, Bro, don't be discouraged, find a place by the help of God's leading (there are many around) and stay committed there, despite their weaknesses or challenges. You can't find a perfect church because there are no perfect people. But in working together (as a church) even in our imperfection we can walk in the will of God which is perfect.

I pray you find a place where you will grow in God's will and stand perfect in Christ purpose.
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
Am not discouraged though rather, this experience has made me to want to enrol in a Bible School in one of the churches I really like.

The Bible School is for the benefit of personal understanding of the word more. I have no intention of becoming a minister or owning a church.
Why enroll in Bible school when you can read and comprehend the different stories written in the different books by other humans such as yourself? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2021
To get the schooling experience.

Kobojunkie:
Why enroll in Bible school when you can read and comprehend the different stories written in the different books by other humans such as yourself? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
To get the schooling experience.
Of? undecided
If all you will get from this "schooling experience" is another man's mental-digest of what is written in the same Bible even a child can own, of what good is that mental digest to you you it is not born of your own understanding? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2021
Well i don't know anything about missionaries what i know is that Christians aren't obligated to come and do anything with you if you're not associating with them {Hebrews 10:24-25} a member might decide to attend your wedding or other events that doesn't go against his faith but the church as a whole have nothing to do with you if you're not a serious member.

Otherwise the church should officiate in any gatherings anytime anyone has something to do! smiley

Divoc19:
The heaven and false religion thing are both related.
Christianity of today is now an organization that only takes care of it's qualified members and not like in the days of missionary where they help needy strangers.

Their organizational setting makes things look like it's a way to go, so that heaven only sure when you go for programs and practice their doctrines.
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2021
Bible School is like a normal school that has lectures, notes, assignments and exams.

I feel I'll get more knowledge when am guided to know what is and how the Bible really works than me reading widely online

Kobojunkie:
Of? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
Bible School is like a normal school that has lectures, notes, assignments and exams.

I feel I'll get more knowledge when am guided to know what is and how the Bible really works than me reading widely online
Where did you get the idea that the book called the Bible "works" a different way than others books do? undecided

God never said you must first attend lectures, take notes, do assignments and sit for exams, before you understand Him, so where does this seemingly deep-seated idea that there is meaning to be had in what you intend come from? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2021
That's what I was saying, they are not obligated to honour your invite because you didn't meet their requirement on paper.
In cases like this only few individual will like to help outside the church. I
t's not a good omen for the church.

MaxInDHouse:
Well i don't know anything about missionaries what i know is that Christians aren't obligated to come and do anything with you if you're not associating with them {Hebrews 10:24-25} a member might decide to attend your wedding or other events that doesn't go against his faith but the church as a whole have nothing to do with you if you're not a serious member.

Otherwise the church should officiate in any gatherings anytime anyone has something to do! smiley

Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
Examples of this school teaching is Sunday schools and Bible studies we have in most penticostal churches today.
Hope you know we also have theological schools too.
The internet should be a place of reference to me I think. The main books are still in the libraries

Kobojunkie:
Where did you get the idea that the book called the Bible "works" a different way than others books do? undecided

God never said you must first attend lectures, take notes, do assignments and sit for exams, before you understand Him, so where does this seemingly deep-seated idea that there is meaning to be had in what you intend come from? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
That's what I was saying, they are not obligated to honour your invite because you didn't meet their requirement on paper.
In cases like this only few individual will like to help outside the church. It's not a good omen for the church.

Well the church of God have no business with you if you're not a bonafide member of the church! 2Corinthians 6:14

So that's the foundation Jesus laid down for them! smiley
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2021
But that is crazy!
So crazy. Things have not changed. My dad was right. But, ain't turning back from Christ. Church or no church

MaxInDHouse:

Well the church of God have no business with you if you're not a bonafide member of the church! 2Corinthians 6:14

So that's the foundation Jesus laid down for them! smiley
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
Examples of this school teaching is Sunday schools and Bible studies we have in most penticostal churches today.
Hope you know we also have theological schools too
Same thing!

What do you profit/gain from doing that which God never commanded of you to begin with? undecided

Can a one gain the understanding God promises, only to those who do that which He commands, from doing that which God never commanded to begin with? undecided

Jesus Christ said the following of understanding, in Matthew 13 vs 10 - 13.
The people who have some understanding will be given more. And they will have even more than they need. But those who do not have much understanding will lose even the little understanding that they have. - Matthew 13 vs 12
This lesson is expanded upon in Matthew 25 vs 14 -30 where Jesus Christ told us the Parable of the 10 talents
Everyone who uses what they have will get more. They will have much more than they need. But people who do not use what they have will have everything taken away from them.’ - Matthew 25 vs 29
If rather than use your understanding to obtain directly from God, you instead purchase someone else's understanding, how certain are you that the understanding you purchased was given the seller by God? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by hupernikao: 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:

Apologies for my assumptions.

Your decision is a good start. Just ensure it's done with Christ as your focus not for yourself or any gain.

By the way, all Christians are ministers of God, ministers of the gospel of Christ. Whether it is accepted or not. That's the Bible explanation.

Do ensure you both see yourself as one and also fulfill that responsibilities for God.

1 Like

Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
Bible School teaches only what is in the Bible and gives deeper understanding of the word of God.
Kobojunkie:
God never said you must first attend lectures, take notes, do assignments and sit for exams, before you understand Him, so where does this seemingly deep-seated idea that there is meaning to be had in what you intend come from?
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
Bible School teaches only what is in the Bible and gives deeper understanding of the word of God.
Whose declarations are these? God's or man's? undecided

Certainly not God's since He never asked anyone one who wants to know of and about God to attend to or listen to any man - Jeremiah 31 vs 34. undecided

So, why do you trust in the words of those who tell you these things? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 2:52pm On Sep 01, 2021
Are you insinuating that we don't need ministers and churches? Because we all go to listen to them tell us about God, Bible and what we even know too.
Kobojunkie:
Whose declarations are these? God's or man's? undecided

Certainly not God's since He never asked anyone one who wants to know of and about God to attend to or listen to any man - Jeremiah 31 vs 34. undecided

So, why do you trust in the words of those who tell you these things? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
Are you insinuating that we don't need ministers and churches? Because we all go to listen to them tell us about God, Bible and what we even know too.
Did God tell us that we need these ministers and churches to begin with? undecided

Did God tell us to listen to them to tell us about God and the things of God - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 ? undecided

So, if a minister, who God never called to tell you of God and the things of God , tells you that which God never said, are you justified in trusting the words of such a man in the name of God? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2021
How do we now hear/learn the gospel if not by preaching it to one another

Kobojunkie:
Did God tell us that we need these ministers and churches to begin with? undecided

Did God tell us to listen to them to tell us about God and the things of God - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 ? undecided

So, if a minister, who God never called to tell you of God and the things of God , tells you that which God never said, are you justified in trusting the words of such a man in the name of God? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
How do we now hear/learn the gospel if not by preaching it to one another
What does God say in the Bible - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 about who is to teach us of God and the things of God? undecided

What did Jesus Christ tell His apostles in Matthew 23 vs 6 - 10 about who is to Teacher in His Kingdom? undecided

What did Jesus Christ say about those who belong to Him in John 6 vs 43 -45 ? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Divoc19(f): 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2021
I don't know the scriptures like that o
Kobojunkie:
What does God say in the Bible - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 about who is to teach us of God and the things of God? undecided

What did Jesus Christ tell His apostles in Matthew 23 vs 6 - 10 about who is to Teacher in His Kingdom? undecided

What did Jesus Christ say about those who belong to Him in John 6 vs 43 -45 ? undecided
Re: Christianity is Dicey by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2021
Divoc19:
I don't know the scriptures like that o
I didn't used to know the scriptures like this either until I sat down and began reading through , book by book, as if I was reading through a novel. That is when I learnt that what the Mogs spew from their pulpits are nothing but lies to manipulate the gullible in the name of God, just as Jesus Christ warned. undecided

Jesus Christ said that it is only those who use the understanding they have - I started by using basic human language comprehension skills - in attempting to grasp the things of God, will have more understanding given to them. Those who refuse to use the understanding they have will have even the understanding they previously had taken away from them - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 13. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Streets Of God Allegory - My Dream Last Night / Giving Money To Beggars Isn’t Kindness, It’scruelty / PICS - TB Joshua Gathers 200,000 In Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.