Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. (5894 Views)

This Is How Engineers Use Finite Element Analysis To Design Materials / This is the most insane Skyscraper in the world. It has No Single Window. Why? / Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. by free2ryhme: 3:36am On Jul 26, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
But Igboho's Afonja bricklayers cannot even erect a 3 storey building without it collapsing after 6 months.

That's how they killed an innocent landlord in Ikorodu the other day & crashed an Air Peace plane in Ilorin with their fraudulent Kabiru Kazeem expertise.

Criminals!!

Surely you hear how stupid you sound?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. by obi4eze(m): 5:39am On Jul 26, 2021
Nice video but please work on your grammar, especially your concord.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. by innotutorial(m): 8:13am On Jul 26, 2021
Ok I understand. This was just discussing how Engineers control strong earthquake and wind forces on Buildings. Even in the end of the video I mentioned some type of buildings which have this tuned mass damper.
fkj950ax:

Please read my comment again.
I was trying to correct impression created by whoever came up with the topic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. by innotutorial(m): 8:14am On Jul 26, 2021
Ok thank you. When you mean work on my grammar can you please give me an example of what I might have said wrong grammatical?and also The Concord. I would love to know. Thank you.
obi4eze:
Nice video but please work on your grammar, especially your concord.
Re: This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. by innotutorial(m): 8:18am On Jul 26, 2021
No! Intelligence is not a matter of race! Anyone can be intelligent depending in how they grow up, The time they spent studying and practicing specific skil and also the amount of available resources available to them. God has given us all a brain.
LordIsaac:

Personallly, I have two uncles the USA have refused to allow back here because they were just too good in their fields. You may feel inferior about your own race, but intelligence is not entirely a function of race.
Re: This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. by innotutorial(m): 8:19am On Jul 26, 2021
Yes indeed
PRESIDENT2003:
Bright idea
Re: This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. by obi4eze(m): 8:45am On Jul 26, 2021
innotutorial:
Ok thank you. When you mean work on my grammar can you please give me an example of what I might have said wrong grammatical?and also The Concord. I would love to know. Thank you.

Please listen to the audio at the beginning.

Concord refers to the agreement between the noun and the verb in a sentence.

Overall it was a nice video. I learnt something from it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. by innotutorial(m): 9:13am On Jul 26, 2021
Ok thank you. I will try to improve on that. I appreciate for pointing it out.
obi4eze:

Please listen to the audio at the beginning.

Concord refers to the agreement between the noun and the verb in the sentence.

Overall it was a nice video. I learnt something from it.
Re: This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. by puppie017: 11:17am On Jul 26, 2021
Did naija Skyscrapers even have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. by dynicks(m): 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2021
NiklauseFred:
Where's is Africa again undecided?
fasting and praying to God!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Engineers Prevent A Skyscraper Swaying Too Much During Strong Wind. by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2021
willybaby:
where was Europe when we were building the pyramids of Egypt, the great moat wall of the ancient Bini kingdom inferiority complex at its highest..
We are talking about technological advancements you are talking about the past. Nna eh.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilag Medicine And Surgery Applicants For 2012/2013 Session / 10 Most Applied Universities In Nigeria For 2019/2020 Admission -JAMB / Fed Poly Offa Online Application Form 4 2010/2011 Admisn Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.