Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) (29987 Views)

Covenant University Limits Students’ Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (video) / Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by shogsman(m): 7:45am On Jul 26, 2021
Smart move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by dallasi: 7:46am On Jul 26, 2021
see this

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by clothingonline(m): 7:47am On Jul 26, 2021
24hrs b4 and they spend it on social media

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by ofiko123(m): 7:47am On Jul 26, 2021
Thank God that I am not at covenant University...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Plut01: 7:47am On Jul 26, 2021

Very stupid decision!
In the name of discipline you're limiting students mental development.
The computer scientists among them, how would they cope?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by aribisala0(m): 7:47am On Jul 26, 2021
MightySparrow:
God Himself regulates everything there is! A life of limitless freedom is an undisciplined one.
Why must everybody's life be "disciplined"
Not everybody is the same
Some people need to live a disciplined life
Some people do not
Some people bathe daily while others do so weekly

This idea that the same thing is good for everybody is tyranny
In everything you bring in God.
God does not regulate everything .That is just an idea that you like that has no basis in anything
If truly God regulates EVERYTHING why is there need for extra regulation?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by CUMIN: 7:48am On Jul 26, 2021
MightySparrow:
God Himself regulates everything there is! A life of limitless freedom is an undisciplined one.

You mean an adult above 18 can not self-regulate. I wonder what will become of such graduate after graduation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by dallasi: 7:48am On Jul 26, 2021
beaversticks:
For those that want to bad mouth please note

Have you eaten

Is it your school

Is it your money

Is it your data

The children been sent there .. was it by force .. were they kidnapped to the school

You that went to public school and had all the freedom... What's your job expectancy

What's the job expectancy of so called public schools

In ranking of university in Nigeria and Africa... Where's convenant, where's your school...

If they decide to regulate it to no social media... How is it your headache...

We humans self are quick to shout opinions that doesn't matter... Their means gets them results... So let them be

ok like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by LienwaltAbel(m): 7:48am On Jul 26, 2021
beaversticks:
For those that want to bad mouth please note

Have you eaten

Is it your school

Is it your money

Is it your data

The children been sent there .. was it by force .. were they kidnapped to the school

You that went to public school and had all the freedom... What's your job expectancy

What's the job expectancy of so called public schools

In ranking of university in Nigeria and Africa... Where's convenant, where's your school...

If they decide to regulate it to no social media... How is it your headache...

We humans self are quick to shout opinions that doesn't matter... Their means gets them results... So let them be
The people who attend covenant are rich, so they'll obviously get jobs in this corrupt shitnest. Bleep that rating nonsense abeg. We all know what went behind the scenes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by RALPHOW(m): 7:49am On Jul 26, 2021
That is a very good decision, time wasted on Facebook and other nonsense should be devoted to reading.
If you love yourself as an individual discipline yourself on the social media.
Please teach them to be discipline in life ( how will they learn discipline if not taught? )

Truly this man is raising leaders and not mediocre.
God bless you sir.

Lack of discipline is the reason why some Nigerian youths are not employable.

Some of them that get job through their father's connection are so indiscipline, pressing phone all day and soon they will all concentrate on Big Brothers.
Lazy Youths

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 7:50am On Jul 26, 2021
LikeAking:
I hate all these anti youth policies.

Life is not about what you know.

Or education, degree.

This stuffs literally expire once you even grad.

Lets face the fact.

Life is deeper than we think.

Pastors to me are not good educators when they train people outside their xtian field (Pastors)

These kids wont become pastors, let me remid daddy O.

Dont train them like pastors.

I rest my case.

The so called discipline does not guranty happiness and success.

The worst thing is that Most of the Chaplain's/Winners pastors children will be Flexxing internet services@home.. undecided

Most Pastors or Religious pple who gives lots of Regulations CANNOT regulate their Children at home.. sad
You see some Dat Pastors children wearing Rugged Jeans, Jagged Skirts, Buying Big Headphones and listening to Popsmoke, Migos, etc..

N dier Daddy will be on d pulpit Criticizing Worldliness and Corruption like Righteousness2..
Yet it is happening right under his Roof.. sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Tonytonex(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2021
popweezy:
Will it in anyway improve their academic performance
This is a dump question, sorry to say. Or maybe you haven't seen the 4 walls of school.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:55am On Jul 26, 2021
no matter how rich I am
none of my children will attend any Nigeria private university
it's either normal conventional university or abroad

private universities in Nigeria are glorified secondary school

There are more to life than just academics
Adadike hope I'm talking your mind too.

we'll raise our kids well.
I'll give you belle soon my love
we'll have sexual intercourse because we love each other

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 7:55am On Jul 26, 2021
shogsman:
Smart move

If Buhari/Lai Mohammed/NCC do Wetin your Daddy Oyedepo has done..
I.e. Limiting Nigerians Internet usage to 1 hour daily..
Hope it will still be a 'Smart movd'? undecided sad
Make una dey get small sense@times.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by nedekid: 7:59am On Jul 26, 2021
Lagschools:
Social media activities were limited to one hour per day, not the whole internet.
??
I am not understanding you..
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2021
phemmyfour:
Good, they have more than enough resources in the school library. Internet is full of distraction

Internet is Full of Distractions but I see you on this Site most times..
Everything is Conversation..Those students are 18, 19+..
Talk to Dem, Preach to them, Convince them But Don't Regulate Dem like kids..
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by phemmyfour: 8:03am On Jul 26, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Internet is Full of Distractions but I see you on this Site most times..
Everything is Conversation..Those students are 18, 19+..
Talk to Dem, Preach to them, Convince them But Don't Regulate Dem like kids..
I m not a student. For students, they can be easily distracted on the internet

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by int0x80(m): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2021
Lagschools:
Social media activities were limited to one hour per day, not the whole internet.
That's a welcome development, social media is one of the down-falls of Nigerian students. Instead of reading books, they will be busy chasing clout on Instagram and tiktok.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Nten: 8:07am On Jul 26, 2021
Visocrate:
Its because people still apply the university that's why they come up with useless laws as if after graduation they are sure of better jobs than the other graduates of their counterparts, they don't know that after university you go back to almost square one and start looking for means of livelihood because the jobs are not there,
I thought they have educational psychologist who should have told them the two major functions of education:
Manifest function and latent function, and the place value of the latent function can not be undermined
Elaborate on manifest and latent function pls
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 26, 2021
My children will attend this school. I love this

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by adadike(f): 8:08am On Jul 26, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
no matter how rich I am
none of my children will attend any Nigeria private university
it's either normal conventional university or abroad

private universities in Nigeria are glorified secondary school

There are more to life than just academics
Adadike hope I'm talking your mind too.

we'll raise our kids well.
I'll give you belle soon my love
we'll have sexual intercourse because we love each other
olodo, that's all you know. you better go and look for a sex maniac like you, me I no get strength

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by NapoleonHill: 8:14am On Jul 26, 2021
LienwaltAbel:

Stop talking rubbish, it's still on this same internet that stackoverflow helps millions of programmers solve issues, it's still on this same internet that millions do their research, it's still on this same internet that millions make money through freelancing, it's still on this same internet that people get their degrees UoP for example. Stop being a myopic and narrow minded African, the content is talking about social media though which is still helping many to market their goods and improve themselves.
Please, don't stress me. Like any other thing, the internet has its merit and demerits. You choose to justify you point with the merits, entirely avoiding the demerits. I haven't asked for internet to be taken away. It should be regulated however, especially for teenagers and young adults.

People are wasting away on instagram and nairaland. A lot of us are victims. Social media is an addiction to a lot of people, including nairaland, which I seem to now be addicted to as well.

I have my valid reason so don't bullshit me with "African mentality." We're all victims.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by chukel(m): 8:16am On Jul 26, 2021
See everyone supporting the rule. If it were FG, it would have been condemned strongly. Slave mentality.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Acidosis(m): 8:20am On Jul 26, 2021
Nice move. How can a student succeed by spending 20 hours a day on tik tok and reading stuff about Obi Cubana? The reason you go to school is to excel so any measure aimed at improving academic performance must be strongly enforced. Same way an employer can ban access to certain websites during work hours to improve productivity.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by AchalugoNwa(f): 8:21am On Jul 26, 2021
adadike:
olodo, that's all you know. you better go and look for a sex maniac like you, me I no get strength
I know you love sex kiss
I can see it in your eyes.
fear these ladies that pretends
dem be badass for bed cheesy

Ada m please accept my proposal.

you know I love you so much
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:23am On Jul 26, 2021
NapoleonHill:

Please, don't stress me. Like any other thing, the internet has its merit and demerits. You choose to justify you point with the merits, entirely avoiding the demerits. I haven't asked for internet to be taken away. It should be regulated however, especially for teenagers and young adults.

People are wasting away on instagram and nairaland. A lot of us are victims. Social media is an addiction to a lot of people, including nairaland, which I seem to now be addicted to as well.

I have my valid reason so don't bullshit me with "African mentality." We're all victims.
You aren't addicted to nairaland brother, you just don't have something to do. I suspect you're using freebasic or opera mini free data, if you're wasting you're data on NL go to YouTube and watch some interesting videos or even better, learn a skill on YouTube. The merits of the internet outweigh it's demerits (privacy, bullying and all that) most of these demerits are caused by the stupidity of human beings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 8:24am On Jul 26, 2021
phemmyfour:
I m not a student. For students, they can be easily distracted on the internet

Whether as a Student or Worker, too much of Internet Usage is Bad..
But
Dats not Enough reason to Limit d students usage to I Hour.. sad
Dats like Treating them like Small children..

Do u know dat some Organizations Ban their workers from Internet or even Phone usage during working hours..
Might seem Good but It causes Restlessness n Low productivity.. undecided

For students, dier Academic Performance will Drop drastically!! sad
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by WaffenSS(m): 8:25am On Jul 26, 2021
MightySparrow:

Even mankind regulates society to check excesses and decadence through man-made laws and constitutions.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:27am On Jul 26, 2021
Tonytonex:
This is a dump question, sorry to say. Or maybe you haven't seen the 4 walls of school.
Using 'or' to start a sentence, using 'dump' which is not an adjective and misuse of the word 'dump' are the traits of someone who such question should be directed at.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Petersamuel8(m): 8:27am On Jul 26, 2021
popweezy:
Will it in anyway improve their academic performance

Yes, it will as time wasted will be used productively
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by phemmyfour: 8:27am On Jul 26, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Whether as a Student or Worker, too much of Internet Usage is Bad..
But
Dats not Enough reason to Limit d students usage to I Hour.. sad
Dats like Treating them like Small children..

Do u know dat some Organizations Ban their workers from Internet or even Phone usage during working hours..
Might seem Good but It causes Restlessness n Low productivity.. undecided

For students, dier Academic Performance will Drop drastically!! sad
you lack understanding
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by colestephan86: 8:28am On Jul 26, 2021
LikeAking:
Some of you are surporting him.

9ja youths just love slavery.

Enjoy.
Tell me what have Naija youths achieved with the internet so far.
My friend that's not slavery

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. / ASUU Strike: Committee Of Vice-Chancellors Sends Message To FG, Lecturers / Nigerians Are Receiving Expired Education - Gamalier O. Prince, U.S. Varsity VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.