Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) (30576 Views)

Covenant University Limits Students’ Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (video) / Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 10:34am On Jul 26, 2021
phemmyfour:
you lack understanding

Ok, Suit yourself..
I have told you..
Forcefully Limiting Students internet usage will NOT necessarily lead to Academic Improvements..
There are Better Ways of Solving Problems of the Youth..
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by LikeAking: 10:39am On Jul 26, 2021
colestephan86:

Tell me what have Naija youths achieved with the internet so far.
My friend that's not slavery

This ur questio is totally baseless.

U neve hear of Linda Ikeji, pay stak, Iroko, dem plenty... Even Naira land, many youth do remote jobs,etc. Covanant guys can alo gian from thise remote work, but GO no go allow them, becos GO thinks this is 1920 (His Time)

I forgot to mention the millions of Nigerian youth learning diffrent stuffs online.

Nawa for you.

You no even think sef u just rush talk.

Becos you wan support your GO.

Let focus on positivity.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by preshyusufu: 10:49am On Jul 26, 2021
Very good. make everibodi face deir book.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by donmik: 11:04am On Jul 26, 2021
Restoring the system to reality is easier said than done.
Kudos to Convenant Uni!
Let all developing nations pick the challenge and stop depending on the developed forever.
This will surely take their students far
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 26, 2021
MightySparrow:
God Himself regulates everything there is! A life of limitless freedom is an undisciplined one.
. Gbammm !
But we human beings always demand everything to be Freedomaized undecided
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by LikeAking: 11:15am On Jul 26, 2021
donmik:
Restoring the system to reality is easier said than done.
Kudos to Convenant Uni!
Let all developing nations pick the challenge and stop depending on the developed forever.
This will surely take their students far

How?

In reality things dont work that way.

You can have a first class and still get the worse job or worse bank account.

Its high time will know education is over ratted.

What make a man is the ability to develop a lion mentality, a great attitude, discover and learn how to use his talents, fight for his rights and make long lasting friendship.

We dont learn most of life changing stuffs in school, else students must be allowed to discover them dem selves. This can only be achieved when they have freedom.

Education is just a step in life.

We shouldnt destroy good, becos of evil.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by colestephan86: 11:25am On Jul 26, 2021
LikeAking:

This ur questio is totally baseless.

U neve hear of Linda Ikeji, pay stak, Iroko, dem plenty... Even Naira land, many youth do remote jobs,etc. Covanant guys can alo gian from thise remote work, but GO no go allow them, becos GO thinks this is 1920 (His Time)

I forgot to mention the millions of Nigerian youth learning diffrent stuffs online.

Nawa for you.

You no even think sef u just rush talk.

Becos you wan support your GO.

Let focus on positivity.
You didn't mention your internet fraudsters brothers.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by LikeAking: 11:38am On Jul 26, 2021
colestephan86:

You didn't mention your internet fraudsters brothers.

Be positive.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by nurain150(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2021
wale377:
Covenant university to regulate Students internet access to 1 hr per day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a0xvhD1tq8

In the video, you can see their assistant chaplain Dr Azubuike speaking about regulating social media such as Instagram Twitter Snapchat tiktok etc so that students can focus

Covenant university doesn’t allow students to use phone or sim enabled device. The school provides wifi access for the students

Each student is entitled to 15gig per month
Advanced secondary school, Na why dem no rate private university for this country
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by nurain150(m): 11:46am On Jul 26, 2021
See some foolish OP comments above me , it is not shocking tho if it was ansauredden University that did this we will be hearing terrorism, so this is not terrorism bah
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Acidosis(m): 11:55am On Jul 26, 2021
TOTOnigga:
another foolish comment from another fool...so you want to tell me that students will take 23 hours out of 24 to study......na wa..... Better go an acquire sense..it helps

Oyedepo's private school, his choice tongue If e pain you enter blood, go and enrol in a public school and make sure you join a cult to exercise your academic freedom. Na your headache be dat.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by AmazingELixir: 11:55am On Jul 26, 2021
hspda:

Read well bro The interment restriction is for access to social media

Youngman respect yourself. ...by restricting the students to one hour per day on the internet is it only social media that is affected...or are you not also aware the students are not allowed with sim enabled phones in the campus.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Acidosis(m): 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
nurain150:

Advanced secondary school, Na why dem no rate private university for this country

Na only riff raffs like una no dey rate private school grin Employers do not share these thoughts. If only you guys understand the rate at which some employers profile OSU and many of these cult infested dungeons called university..
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Tonytonex(m): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2021
LienwaltAbel:

Using 'or' to start a sentence, using 'dump' which is not an adjective and misuse of the word 'dump' are the traits of someone who such question should be directed at.
Did I mentioned you? My message was passed and the person I mentioned got it. So, what's your own? oga English lecturer.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by stefflos: 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2021
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by KennethEnyi(m): 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2021
MightySparrow:
God Himself regulates everything there is! A life of limitless freedom is an undisciplined one.

U are a fool may U never have freedom in life
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by NapoleonHill: 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
stefflos:

Whether you like it or not religion has done more harm than the internet in Nigeria and Africa at large, people now believe praying and clapping of hands will cure cancer and other dangerous diseases instead of taking drugs.
I agree with you but we can talk religion another day. Don't divert unnecessarily away from the bone of contention.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by NapoleonHill: 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2021
LienwaltAbel:

You aren't addicted to nairaland brother, you just don't have something to do. I suspect you're using freebasic or opera mini free data, if you're wasting you're data on NL go to YouTube and watch some interesting videos or even better, learn a skill on YouTube. The merits of the internet outweigh it's demerits (privacy, bullying and all that) most of these demerits are caused by the stupidity of human beings.

Engaging you would be a serious waste of my time.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by djukum1: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
popweezy:
Will it in anyway improve their academic performance

It will improve their academic performance
Social media make u forget important things of life
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by tobstarizhia(m): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2021
Glorified secondary school.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by oghenetega100(f): 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2021
Anyone that carriestheir two legs to that school should obey their silly rules without complaining shekina.
wale377:
Covenant university to regulate Students internet access to 1 hr per day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a0xvhD1tq8

In the video, you can see their assistant chaplain Dr Azubuike speaking about regulating social media such as Instagram Twitter Snapchat tiktok etc so that students can focus

Covenant university doesn’t allow students to use phone or sim enabled device. The school provides wifi access for the students

Each student is entitled to 15gig per month
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by anambraamaka: 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2021
Nawao
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by drealcivilceno(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2021
MightySparrow:

Forget all you likes and shares.

How many meat have you stolen from your mama pot, and you have not die like this.

Stop talking anyhow.

The worst thing a human can ever have is CHOICE.

God, in this persons next life, take him to Pakistan, please abeg. Do me this solid.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by LordIsaac(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2021
lexy2014:

What exactly is d latent and manifest function of d policy?
So you've not seen it and you are displeased by the policy!
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by Nukilia: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2021
This school is breeding another generation of draconian leaders.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by najib41: 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2021
Even Harvard no do reach this one nah.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by lexy2014: 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2021
LordIsaac:

So you've not seen it and you are displeased by the policy!

Doesn't answer d question:

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by LordIsaac(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2021
lexy2014:

Doesn't answer d question:

I'm not obligated to answer you. Don't criticize things you have no in-depth knowledge of the rationale.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by lexy2014: 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2021
LordIsaac:

I'm not obligated to answer you. Don't criticize things you have no in-depth knowledge of the rationale.

Can u show me d criticism u are saying that I criticized?

Since u have "in-depth knowledge of the rationale", how come this simple question is a challenge for u?:

Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by MufasaLion: 7:32am On Jul 27, 2021
RALPHOW:
That is a very good decision, time wasted on Facebook and other nonsense should be devoted to reading.
If you love yourself as an individual discipline yourself on the social media.
Please teach them to be discipline in life ( how will they learn discipline if not taught? )

Truly this man is raising leaders and not mediocre.
God bless you sir.

Lack of discipline is the reason why some Nigerian youths are not employable.

Some of them that get job through their father's connection are so indiscipline, pressing phone all day and soon they will all concentrate on Big Brothers.
Lazy Youths

You've got no point.
Re: Covenant University Limits Students' Internet Usage To 1 Hour Daily (Video) by MufasaLion: 7:34am On Jul 27, 2021
Religion be causing more harm than good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Check JAMB 2017 Results - Full Procedures / Download Full Jamb Book: The Last Days At Forcados High School / NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.