Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

15yrs Gap Too Much? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 15yrs Gap Too Much? (2069 Views)

What Is The Largest Age Gap Between You And Someone You Dated? / Pastor Who Joined Sad-Looking Couple, Drew Wife Closer, Gives Husband Gap / Is This Age Gap Too Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by Ororocelemi(m): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2021
You reason like I'm trying to kidnap someone's child, I'm not forcing her, I'm trying to respect myself not doing anything with an underage, plus she is not from a wealthy home doesn't mean she's less privileged.
Is Regina Daniels less privileged,
Is Shade Odukoya less privileged
Is Omotola less privileged
And also is Bianca Ojukwu less privileged
I'm not married to her yet and anything can change the future, what I know is I will wait for her to be an adult and if she is still interested, why won't I, unless the family says no.

See, it's not easy for me as you think, I'm not rich, I'm just an average working class graduate praying to be staffed with an increase in salary, I got advised by some elderly men as well and I've come to think if my mom gave birth to my elder brother at 19yrs, myself at 21yrs and my younger ones at a very young age, till date people see us and think she's our elder sister. And just as my mom was trained by my dad to be a graduate after giving birth, I promise the same for any undergraduate that I will marry.
When I'm 36 she will be 20, 16yrs different and I'm not a Muslim, I'm Igbo.
Try and understand me I've dated 25 and 27 gals, I can't marry who I can't control and I don't need who will push me to thinking of beating a lady.
I just need a home smiley

Fountainofyouth:

She's 18 and you're 36 correct? The fact that you see her as a wife is baffling, what does a teenager know about marriage and caring for a family? Are you from the north? If no, are her parents less privileged that they'd allow you marry their daughter without furthering her education?

2 Likes

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ororocelemi:
You reason like I'm trying to kidnap someone's child, I'm not forcing her, I'm trying to respect myself not doing anything with an underage, plus she is not from a wealthy home doesn't mean she's less privileged.
I'm not married to her yet and anything can change the future, what I know is I will wait for her to be an adult and if she is still interested, why won't I, unless the family says no.

See, it's not easy for me as you think, I'm not rich, I'm just an average working class graduate praying to be staffed with an increase in salary, I got advised by some elderly men as well and I've come to think if my mom gave birth to my elder brother at 19yrs, myself at 21yrs and my younger ones at a very young age, till date people see us and think she's our elder sister. And just as my mom was trained by my dad to be a graduate after giving birth, I promise the same for any undergraduate that I will marry.
Try and understand me I've dated 25 and 27 gals, I can't marry who I can't control and I don't need who will push me to thinking of beating a lady.

So in essence, your aim of marrying a teenager is solely to control her? You want to be able to control another human being in this 21st century? And marrying a young girl will grant you 100% control? Girls of this generation? Lmao okay.

5 Likes

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by Ororocelemi(m): 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2021
By control you should understand what I mean na, being the Man and raising the type of family i want.
And oh! You seem interested feel free to send your CV, I might just reason your side, after all na wife with good behaviour I dey find grin grin

Fountainofyouth:

So in essence, your aim of marrying a teenager is solely to control her? You want to be able to control another human being in this 21st century? And marrying a young girl will grant you 100% control? Girls of this generation? Lmao okay.

2 Likes

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by Lamanii22(f): 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2021
25 is okay for you... My husband is 36 and I am 25.... Age is just a number

1 Like

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ororocelemi:
By control you should understand what I mean na, being the Man and raising the type of family i want.
And oh! You seem interested feel free to send your CV, I might just reason your side, after all na wife with good behaviour I dey find grin grin

So las las you no dey loyal to the teenager......smh

Anyway I'm a married evening newspaper oooo not a teenager, go look for your size abeg.....lol.

2 Likes

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by icecool12(m): 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ororocelemi:

The bolded part got me worried. If this is your reason for marrying a younger woman, you have another thing coming. Wait till she gets to 30 or thereabouts, she will resent you for stealing her youth and it MAY not end well.

Marriage is about partnership these days, not control. The honest truth.

2 Likes

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by Ororocelemi(m): 11:24pm On Jul 26, 2021
Make Una leave me biko!
I never marry wahala don start, at 18yrs she will be an adult, lemme continue hustling in peace, I don't need pressure from those that will tell me age is not on their side!

1 Like

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by VEXT: 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ororocelemi:
Make Una leave me biko!
I never marry wahala don start, at 18yrs she will be an adult, lemme continue hustling in peace, I don't need pressure from those that will tell me age is not on their side!

No mind those old women abeg,at the age of 16 ,most of them were having sex...I hate hypocrites..

2 Likes

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 26, 2021
One of my guys(41 years old) is getting married to a 21 years old young virgin this weekend. The age Gap is 20 years but no wahala dey dere. No big deal. I personally made sure he got hooked with this girl.

2 Likes

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by Ororocelemi(m): 11:56pm On Jul 26, 2021
You are the real g!
But wait how did you know she is a virgin wink

Ninejaywon:
One of my guys(41 years old) is getting married to a 21 years old young virgin this weekend. The age Gap is 20 years but no wahala dey dere. No big deal. I personally made sure he got hooked with this girl.

1 Like

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 27, 2021
Ororocelemi:
You are the real g!
But wait how did you know she is a virgin wink

We call it underground surveillance also known as background check. angry

2 Likes

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by placeofallure(f): 3:17am On Jul 27, 2021
ednut1:
In 8 years time will you be able to service her congo well Answer is no

Men are baddest when they are in their forties grin

2 Likes

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by placeofallure(f): 3:37am On Jul 27, 2021
Ororocelemi:

If you have noble intentions it's ok.

My husband first made a pass at me when I was 16. He was willing to wait because we both knew I was way too young. Initially, he hid our affair. He said people won't understand how deeply he loves me, that they'd think he only wanted to take advantage of an innocent, immature girl. He was 12 years older, I didn't mind as long as he'd wait. I wasn't less privileged, I went to the university afterwards, we had an understanding that I'd come back to him and I did. My dad sent me to school but he contributed too.
Today, after many years together, we're still like Siamese twins.

The OP can go for the girl too, 15 years older isn't too much, just as 5 years younger isn't too little. Marriage is not a one size fits all kinda thing. You just have to find out your own avatar and live by it.

3 Likes

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by Ororocelemi(m): 6:24am On Jul 27, 2021
Thank you and God bless you.

placeofallure:

My husband first made a pass at me when I was 16. He was willing to wait because we both knew I was way too young. Initially, he hid our affair. He said people won't understand how deeply he loves me, that they'd think he only wanted to take advantage of an innocent, immature girl. He was 12 years older, I didn't mind as long as he'd wait. I wasn't less privileged, I went to the university afterwards, we had an understanding that I'd come back to him and I did. My dad sent me to school but he contributed too.

The OP can go for the girl too, 15 years older isn't too much, just as 5 years younger isn't too little. Marriage is not a one size fits all kinda thing. You just have to find out your own avatar and live by it.

1 Like

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by icecool12(m): 6:36am On Jul 28, 2021
placeofallure:

Thank you
Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by eazzzy1(m): 7:23am On Jul 28, 2021
Whether you have good intentions or not, talking about feelings with a minor makes you a shameless man. If you don’t want people to pressure you into marriage, stay away from relationships till you are ready to get married.

What kind of friendship would a 32 year old man be having with a 16year old? you are grooming a child for your own sick pleasure and proud of it.

For you the lady, just because he later married you doesn’t stop your husband from been a paedophile, I hope you watch his activities around children. You were groomed, he didn’t give you a choice because you were incapable of making a choice at that age, you may need years of intense therapy to understand the damages done to you.

I wonder where the girl’s parents are in all of this. If you are above 18, come close to my 16 year old daughter, I will feed your pinni to the dogs. Spits.
Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by eazzzy1(m): 7:51am On Jul 28, 2021
To the OP, too much for who? Is the gap too much for you? Or for society? If you are fine with it carry on.

For me it’s too much, I can’t have my wife’s friends kneeling to greet me.

I don’t want to be called bros or sir by her friends husbands.

Our interests will be so unaligned that there will always have to be a compromise. Our ways of handling issues would be totally different.

Because you are a decade and half apart, you may not appeal to her fashion wise, she wants you to wear things you aren’t comfortable in or vice versa.

It may be tough to know if she’s with you because she really likes you or because you are due for marriage and she wants to get married.

By the time you are 50 she will be 35 hmmmm.

If I have lots of money and I want a trophy wife then I could consider 15 years gap, if not the chances that she will cheat with someone within her age group is very high.
Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by Sleeknigga: 8:15am On Jul 28, 2021
placeofallure:

hanty pls be honest , did you get carried away by college life and cheated on him
Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by Sleeknigga: 8:24am On Jul 28, 2021
eazzzy1:
To the OP, too much for who? Is the gap too much for you? Or for society? If you are fine with it carry on.

Our interests will be so unaligned that there will always have to be a compromise. Our ways of handling issues would be totally different.

Because you are a decade and half apart, you may not appeal to her fashion wise, she wants you to wear things you aren’t comfortable in or vice versa.

It may be tough to know if she’s with you because she really likes you or because you are due for marriage and she wants to get married.

If I have lots of money and I want a trophy wife then I could consider 15 years gap, if not the chances that she will cheat with someone within her age group is very high.
In my culture its advicable to marry a younger wife no matter the age gap asfar as shes an adult(18)..

there was a man in his 40s in my street that married a 19yr old girl lastyr and nobody blinked an eyelid, mind you the girl is from a rich family but the man is a banker.
Its small boys like you ppl that want to marry your agemate but wetin elder sees lyingdown pikin no fit see am even he climbs palmtree
Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by eazzzy1(m): 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
Sleeknigga:
In
Its small boys like you ppl that want to marry your agemate but wetin elder sees lyingdown pikin no fit see am even he climbs palmtree

I won’t marry someone who was born when I was 21 year old. If you like call me tata, I don’t want to see what an elder sees lying down biko. Let me remain on the palm tree.

1 Like

Re: 15yrs Gap Too Much? by icecool12(m): 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2021
eazzzy1:

Because you are a decade and half apart, you may not appeal to her fashion wise she wants you to wear things you aren’t comfortable in or vice versa.

1st bolded
Everything is all about compromise. You cannot have it your way always.

2nd bolded
Read the thread again plz. Especially the I still look 30 part. There are older men who still dress trendy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hot Pics Of Nollywood Actress, Queeneth Hilbert Showing Off Her Curves / How To Make Big Money On Tiktok In 2022 Without Doing Anything. Only To Shake Ya / *a Woman Goes To Prison To Visit Her Husband Who Has Just Been Sentenced To Fort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.