Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? (12750 Views)

Most Of The Global Layoffs Have Been In Tech / Indians Are Not Joking In Tech See Photo � / Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
jazinogold:

Do you mean Introtech?

Wtf!!! Comrade
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Lingudy(m): 11:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
They should be able to
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by InoGetJoy: 11:13pm On Mar 30, 2022
I already have two SaaS businesses and the third will be ready soon. Even if I stop my programming, they'll keep me

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by TheManOfTheYear: 11:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
I never see myself leaving tech. Even if I stop coding at some point, there are many other aspects in tech to get involved in.
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by omojeesu(m): 11:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
EvilSec:
Sometimes I think about quitting my job for no reason other than I'm curious if I could make it in another industry. Working in tech doesn't feel like being successful, it feels like the final stage of a stock market bubble where everyone is convinced they're Warren Buffet.
Would like to know if you guys can you survive if you stopped working in tech?

Add forex trading, cryptocurrency, affiliate marketing, multilevel network marketing, etc
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by LikeAking: 11:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
Rubbish!
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by remsonik(f): 12:56am On Mar 31, 2022
Yes you can but many don't just want to survive outside tech. There're alot of career fields one can go into and live a good life but tech is seen as the easiest, and most paying one.
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Deicide: 1:01am On Mar 31, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Anything is possible. Don't you like that, so tech is here to stay.

Unless you want to devolve, then you can go to grand mother
praise Sol
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by FuckDModz: 1:07am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:

shocked Can I be your sugar babegrin

grin I don't do gen z

2 Likes

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Skillsnigeria: 1:08am On Mar 31, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 31, 2022
Shaking my heads as I read through comments. Some are actually nice. But front page bookers need to step aside from good topics like this and do their useless thing on boyfriend and girlfriend false romantic stories, or on la la snake and reptile stories.

I agree with the person who wrote that many tech business will fail. Of course just like other industries, more than 95% of new businesses fail in the first 5 years of their establishment. What matters is the little 4 point something that survive. The dividends are more than the huge numbers that fail. Apple, Google and Facebook are among the little ones that survived and they all worth it. So, many people should be encouraged to go into it. If it isnt a smart thing to do, those funding them would have stopped. It is still working.

Many aren't innovative in Nigeria and it is why they think Tech business is all about coding and the technical part. Lol. Actually, the easiest part is the technical part which I know is not that easy. The hardest is not technical but the business part. Funding, management, marketing (very wide) etc. They are all part of the big Tech business.

I always pity coders who cannot dive into management. Lol. They soon expire. It is not easy na. But these young programmers do not ever think this way. They think of today alone. Well I guess OP has wasted so much of his time and he is beginning to get bored coding all the time. Lol. He doesnt know what to do again.

Las las oga, go enter farm. grin if you need help, ask for it. Farming na big man business ooo.

13 Likes

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by darediamond(m): 1:44am On Mar 31, 2022
EvilSec:
Sometimes I think about quitting my job for no reason other than I'm curious if I could make it in another industry. Working in tech doesn't feel like being successful, it feels like the final stage of a stock market bubble where everyone is convinced they're Warren Buffet.
I can't imagine myself being a programmer and not have a Super Effective and Effecient well protected self-developed money making Bot like Dual Buy-Sell Universal Crypto Arbitrage Bot.

Only if you know How Much Those People Whom You Develop Programs For Makes From Your Effort Which You Get Stipend Of say $20,000, you will instantly stop allowing someone to use your Brain cheaply.

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:57am On Mar 31, 2022
cheesy cheesy
Deicide:
praise Sol
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by airsaylongcome: 2:18am On Mar 31, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
Shaking my heads as I read through comments. Some are actually nice. But front page bookers need to step aside from good topics like this and do their useless thing on boyfriend and girlfriend false romantic stories, or on la la snake and reptile stories.

I agree with the person who wrote that many tech business will fail. Of course just like other industries, more than 95% of new businesses fail in the first 5 years of their establishment. What matters is the little 4 point something that survive. The dividends are more than the huge numbers that fail. Apple, Google and Facebook are among the little ones that survived and they all worth it. So, many people should be encouraged to go into it. If it isnt a smart thing to do, those funding them would have stopped. It is still working.

Many aren't innovative in Nigeria and it is why they think Tech business is all about coding and the technical part. Lol. Actually, the easiest part is the technical part which I know is not that easy. The hardest is not technical but the business part. Funding, management, marketing (very wide) etc. They are all part of the big Tech business.

I always pity coders who cannot dive into management. Lol. They soon expire. It is not easy na. But these young programmers do not ever think this way. They think of today alone. Well I guess OP has wasted so much of his time and he is beginning to get bored coding all the time. Lol. He doesnt know what to do again.

Las las oga, go enter farm. grin if you need help, ask for it. Farming na big man business ooo.

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you! It's the classic operations vs strategy debate. A lot of devs sef themselves as indispensable and critical to the business. They fail to realise that no matter how great their mundane job of coding is, it's all a waste without the Business side of Tech.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Maj196(m): 2:41am On Mar 31, 2022
Rubbish question. Test run am first na

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Anonymoususher: 6:01am On Mar 31, 2022
I was a full stacked web developer and was getting small small side jobs, I also developed some personal projects like classified market place, school portals etc and promoted them like hell which still didn't the desired fruit.

I had to settle for an IT instructor job with NIIT (more like a classroom teacher). On the job I had constant internet and was delving deeper, I even took CCNA courses online and was preparing for the exam before covid came.

When covid19 came, I resigned from my job and started to hustle ooo... Right now I can't remember the last time I opened my laptop cos work won't allow me.

I am happy with my decision because hustling like I am a school dropout has given me alot of achievements. I see times five in a month on the street than what I was earning as a tech guy.

I wish to go back to corporate settings one day because my business right now requires alot of energy which I know with time age will tell on me but I am in my youth and this is the time to use that energy to make the money and invest so that I can rest when age comes.

Working as a Tech guy wasn't giving me the desired speed I needed. Building my own tech idea, needed the right capital for publicity hence I decided to dump them for now and focus on the physical way of making money while the money is used to take care of other needs and invest in other money making schemes like crypto and real estates

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by kobosmart(m): 6:10am On Mar 31, 2022
EvilSec:

grin body dey sweet u abi?
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Aremson14(m): 6:27am On Mar 31, 2022
Tech is too big, the question should be which field of tech, almost every company has a cto, it department.
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Tayorshd2(m): 6:30am On Mar 31, 2022
I am still competent in this tech as a full web stake developer but the problem is i don't really have a certificate and I do have petty jobs i mean projects but since when I started a physical job i hardly open my laptop and this has been the worst part of me...

Cos it's killing my instinct on tech ...

Who can advise me on how to get my physical work done and also my tech dream to come through wink
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by digitite: 6:31am On Mar 31, 2022
Yeah. in Logistics and Agriculture.
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by phr33man(m): 6:32am On Mar 31, 2022
Miyachi:

The truth is that many of these "tech" businesses aren't going to be around for the next decade. I feel it is a bubble, those that will survive are the ones with strong fundamentals. How do I know? Many of them don't turn a profit but continually depend on seed funding from investors who are afraid of missing out on the next [insert tech company name], that is not sustainable.

You can survive in other industries, although the salary might not be as generous as in tech.

Very insightful. U have the truth
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by digitite: 6:35am On Mar 31, 2022
Tayorshd2:
I am still competent in this tech as a full web stake developer but the problem is i don't really have a certificate and I do have petty jobs i mean projects but since when I started a physical job i hardly open my laptop and this has been the worst part of me...

Cos it's killing my instinct on tech ...

Who can advise me on how to get my physical work done and also my tech dream to come through wink

I understand what you mean. You gotta be flexible with your time and keep updating yourself on the new technologies. About certification, look for a vendor to write exams and get your certificate.

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by CSTRR: 7:21am On Mar 31, 2022
Miyachi:

The truth is that many of these "tech" businesses aren't going to be around for the next decade. I feel it is a bubble, those that will survive are the ones with strong fundamentals. How do I know? Many of them don't turn a profit but continually depend on seed funding from investors who are afraid of missing out on the next [insert tech company name], that is not sustainable.

You can survive in other industries, although the salary might not be as generous as in tech.
But more tech businesses will spring up too.

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by drealcivilceno(m): 7:25am On Mar 31, 2022
DJGiore:
Tech industry is so clustered now, everybody wants to do tech ....wahala dey for me i will beg you go to naija dj mix .com enjoy great mix

That is what I thought at first, but when I entered the place, I realized that most of them so they quit after a while.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by qtguru(m): 7:39am On Mar 31, 2022
If not Tech, I'd prob go into Video Production and Content Learning. But the answer yes, but won't be as bouyant though
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Zulu2022: 7:50am On Mar 31, 2022
Not all tech are even making money already,let be true,u are a coder, programmer,den all think u earning big on remote or there about,y many are begging for a 50k or 30k web dev job...the industry is saturated,nd hard for remote gig been Nigeria,so na Nigeria employee go pay u the amount nd big bucks,even freelance ain't easy,let be specific

3 Likes

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you! It's the classic operations vs strategy debate. A lot of devs sef themselves as indispensable and critical to the business. They fail to realise that no matter how great their mundane job of coding is, it's all a waste without the Business side of Tech.
GBAM!!!
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Dorlarphor10: 9:01am On Mar 31, 2022
Anonymoususher:
I was a full stacked web developer and was getting small small side jobs, I also developed some personal projects like classified market place, school portals etc and promoted them like hell which still didn't the desired fruit.

I had to settle for an IT instructor job with NIIT (more like a classroom teacher). On the job I had constant internet and was delving deeper, I even took CCNA courses online and was preparing for the exam before covid came.

When covid19 came, I resigned from my job and started to hustle ooo... Right now I can't remember the last time I opened my laptop cos work won't allow me.

I am happy with my decision because hustling like I am a school dropout has given me alot of achievements. I see times five in a month on the street than what I was earning as a tech guy.

I wish to go back to corporate settings one day because my business right now requires alot of energy which I know with time age will tell on me but I am in my youth and this is the time to use that energy to make the money and invest so that I can rest when age comes.

Working as a Tech guy wasn't giving me the desired speed I needed. Building my own tech idea, needed the right capital for publicity hence I decided to dump them for now and focus on the physical way of making money while the money is used to take care of other needs and invest in other money making schemes like crypto and real estates

Boss abeg, jamisi hustle yen ooo
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Wiseoldman: 9:35am On Mar 31, 2022
SchoolGate:
As the best web developer in Nigeria I am already surviving in 2 different industries. Tech and manufacturing cool

I have a job for you if you can answer a css question...

What is the difference between the 'width' property in flex layout algo, and position algo...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Overcome Laziness And Dizziness When Working / Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.