Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? (12718 Views)

Most Of The Global Layoffs Have Been In Tech / Indians Are Not Joking In Tech See Photo � / Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Wiseoldman: 9:35am On Mar 31, 2022
Wiseoldman:

I have a job for you if you can answer a css question...

What is the difference between the 'width' property in flex layout algorithm, and position algo...
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Spainze007(m): 9:39am On Mar 31, 2022
SchoolGate:
As the best web developer in Nigeria I am already surviving in 2 different industries. Tech and manufacturing cool

haaaaaaaaaaaaa pls i want to be your friend ooooooooo abeg shay na you get https://schoolgate.ng/

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by TheRollingStone: 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
Wiseoldman:

What is the difference between the 'width' property in flex layout algo, and position algo...

Width property defines how wide an element will become while the position algo defines how far or close an an element is relative to its parent container.

I stand to be corrected, I’m still newbie in tech.
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Pedyson: 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
SchoolGate:
As the best web developer in Nigeria I am already surviving in 2 different industries. Tech and manufacturing cool

I wish to build a career in web development.
How do I get started?
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by DevPete: 12:23pm On Mar 31, 2022
Bro I don't even know, I was relieved yesterday from a remote company I have been working in since 2020, I have not been thinking straight for now, I'm just applying for jobs to see if any goodnews will come my way. I have so much bills to pay that I can't imagine being jobless, school fees, house rent, food etc.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by DevPete: 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
FuckDModz:
My investments already fetch more than 110% of my current salary.

Na developer with no exit strategy dey open shop after retirement.

Bro can you give tips on this, I have been trying to invest but I have not seen viable things to invest in.
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Deicide: 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
Wiseoldman:

What is the difference between the 'width' property in flex layout algo, and position algo...
What is algo
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
DevPete:
Bro I don't even know, I was relieved yesterday from a remote company I have been working in since 2020, I have not been thinking straight for now, I'm just applying for jobs to see if any goodnews will come my way. I have so much bills to pay that I can't imagine being jobless, school fees, house rent, food etc.

Start applying to jobs asap. This is one of the reasons I still choose to live in a face me I face you despite having the funds to live in a really nice place. Anything can happen.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by DevPete: 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Start applying to jobs asap. This is one of the reasons I still choose to live in a face me I face you despite having the funds to live in a really nice place. Anything can happen.

Thanks man.
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Veeryeasy(m): 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
I could buy a shop and start a business or i apply for administrative jobs or they are other fields in tech that don't have to do with coding so i could go back to school in that line, omo the list is too long
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by SenatePresdo(m): 8:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
Miyachi:

The truth is that many of these "tech" businesses aren't going to be around for the next decade. I feel it is a bubble, those that will survive are the ones with strong fundamentals. How do I know? Many of them don't turn a profit but continually depend on seed funding from investors who are afraid of missing out on the next [insert tech company name], that is not sustainable.

You can survive in other industries, although the salary might not be as generous as in tech.

Nice points, but like how much do an average developer earn in Nigeria?
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Wiseoldman: 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Deicide:
What is algo

Algorithm
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Wiseoldman: 9:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
TheRollingStone:

Width property defines how wide an element will become while the position algo defines how far or close an an element is relative to its parent container.

I stand to be corrected, I’m still newbie in tech.

I was wondering if you could explain the difference in the with property in the two layout algorithms.
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Deicide: 10:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
Wiseoldman:

Algorithm
For CSS?
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Miyachi: 10:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
SenatePresdo:

Nice points, but like how much do an average developer earn in Nigeria?
It depends on a lot of things. But generally well established firms/businesses should offer a junior north of 150k base salary, some may offer more.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Wiseoldman: 4:07am On Apr 01, 2022
Deicide:
For CSS?

Yes, CSS is quite complicated if you need to implement your designs outside of popular frameworks.
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by yusman14(m): 10:08am On Apr 01, 2022
Good morning everyone..
please Can someone sow a laptop into my life!
I just kick-started my career not so long..
I don't mind a used one at all...

Pls!!!!!!
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by islamics(m): 8:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
DevPete:
Be strong & positive as you will need it while trying to secure a new place. At least your experience will help out.
Wishing you all the very best!

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by LikeAking: 9:00am On Apr 02, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Bros!
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Tayorshd2(m): 11:44am On Apr 02, 2022
digitite:

I understand what you mean. You gotta be flexible with your time and keep updating yourself on the new technologies. About certification, look for a vendor to write exams and get your certificate.

Thanks for your responds bro ...do u have any vendor to help me with to get one??
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by digitite: 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
Tayorshd2:

Thanks for your responds bro ...do u have any vendor to help me with to get one??

Microsoft offers Web Development Cert. ASP.net ; Windows Azure ( as in Cloud computing platform ). Etc

What's your passion and specialization in Web Development , is it Fin tech, E - Commerce, Blogging Platform ? Be specific and I would recommend vendors for you to write exams and get certified.

For Example, I used to be Tech Support / Webmaster, and that made me have general knowledge in most tech. I was never certified but I earned.

Now, I am specializing in Data Analytics / Data Science and am undergoing training to get a cert in OPEN source tech ( R, Python, SQL ), which is my passion with DataCamp.

Other Data Analysis vendors are IBM ( SPSS ), Google web Analytics ( Google), Advance Excel ( Microsoft ) , Power BI ( Microsoft ) . Which I don't like because of its vendor specific nature.

So make a choice and it will go a long way in keeping you inline with the profession and loving it overtime. Choose the one that the World economy cannot do without even in wars and recovery as the thread says.
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Kingsize4eva(m): 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2022
Anonymoususher:
I was a full stacked web developer and was getting small small side jobs, I also developed some personal projects like classified market place, school portals etc and promoted them like hell which still didn't the desired fruit.

I had to settle for an IT instructor job with NIIT (more like a classroom teacher). On the job I had constant internet and was delving deeper, I even took CCNA courses online and was preparing for the exam before covid came.

When covid19 came, I resigned from my job and started to hustle ooo... Right now I can't remember the last time I opened my laptop cos work won't allow me.

I am happy with my decision because hustling like I am a school dropout has given me alot of achievements. I see times five in a month on the street than what I was earning as a tech guy.

I wish to go back to corporate settings one day because my business right now requires alot of energy which I know with time age will tell on me but I am in my youth and this is the time to use that energy to make the money and invest so that I can rest when age comes.

Working as a Tech guy wasn't giving me the desired speed I needed. Building my own tech idea, needed the right capital for publicity hence I decided to dump them for now and focus on the physical way of making money while the money is used to take care of other needs and invest in other money making schemes like crypto and real estates

Bro if you don’t mind, I would love you to share this business ideas with me, I can pay for it I don’t mind. Was into oil and gas but stage is something else for now. Thanks
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Zulu2022: 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kingsize4eva:

Bro if you don’t mind, I would love you to share this business ideas with me, I can pay for it I don’t mind. Was into oil and gas but stage is something else for now. Thanks
enter crypto nd see blood money
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Luzebox(m): 7:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
new whatapp group...for folk still learning web development...u know html css javascript django...so we can link-up..work on projects together...learn etc..reach me on 08106908991 to be added
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by Tayorshd2(m): 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
digitite:

Microsoft offers Web Development Cert. ASP.net ; Windows Azure ( as in Cloud computing platform ). Etc

What's your passion and specialization in Web Development , is it Fin tech, E - Commerce, Blogging Platform ? Be specific and I would recommend vendors for you to write exams and get certified.

For Example, I used to be Tech Support / Webmaster, and that made me have general knowledge in most tech. I was never certified but I earned.

Now, I am specializing in Data Analytics / Data Science and am undergoing training to get a cert in OPEN source tech ( R, Python, SQL ), which is my passion with DataCamp.

Other Data Analysis vendors are IBM ( SPSS ), Google web Analytics ( Google), Advance Excel ( Microsoft ) , Power BI ( Microsoft ) . Which I don't like because of its vendor specific nature.

So make a choice and it will go a long way in keeping you inline with the profession and loving it overtime. Choose the one that the World economy cannot do without even in wars and recovery as the thread says.

Yes it's in tech and have finally written an exam at alison.com and i passed and even the certificate is ready only for me to pay for the delivery ...

Please can I have your contact ?? I think a need a mentor like you
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by digitite: 7:20am On Apr 06, 2022
Tayorshd2:

Yes it's in tech and have finally written an exam at alison.com and i passed and even the certificate is ready only for me to pay for the delivery ...

It's my pleasure. 08089050196. Just drop me a message on Whatsapp, introducing yourself.

I would suggest you get certificate from Microsoft, IBM, Amazon Web Services or Google because employers value them.

Alison has no Technology of their to experiment with.
Re: Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? by digitite: 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
Tayorshd2:

Alison may give you some knowledge but it is not a recognise technology like overseeing Linux in the Web development/administration environment. Azure in WAMP or AWS or Google in the Cloud Computing platform. The latest UN IT job I applied for, I didn't see "Alison cert" on the list but I saw all others.

You can with the number on my signature or perhaps send me a detail email to
( support@radialhosting.com.ng ). I may be slow in responding to Whatsapp messages, so be patient.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Overcome Laziness And Dizziness When Working / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready / Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.