Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Obama Has Betrayed Africa - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Has Betrayed Africa (2949 Views)

How Obama Has Betrayed The Entire Black Race! / Obama Has Made The Entire Black Race Happy / At Last, Obama has Clinched The Democratic Presidential Nomination! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Has Betrayed Africa by igbo2011(m): 5:43pm On May 14, 2012
faithin9ja:

So you have never heard of the Quakers? you need a source? who ended the North Atlantic slave trade? have you ever heard of the abolitionists, William Wilberforce? What about the East African slave trade? you need to go back to your basic history books.

One big question; if all wars are started by Western nations for resource control, why do these companies pay for the commodities they buy? why in the last 8 years have commodity prices including oil, raw materials been going up in price? why don't these western powers just take the raw materials for free or very cheaply?
I know my history, I wanted hi source for the African empire who benefitted from the lave trade. There is one source Christopher Columbus and the Afrikan Holocaust: Slavery and the Rise of European Capitalism by John Henrik CLarke but I wnated to know hi source.

Also they do steal reource from Africa like all the cobalt in the Congo. Or resources from Afghanistan and Somalia. That is why they drone them many times. There was a famine in Somalia and CNN reported on it, but they didn't talk about how the drone were bombing people left and right.The media lie all the time and you gullible Africans eat up CNN when it i CORPORATE NEWS!! THEY LIE!!!

Also America does control a lot of the oil prices, they control Saudi Arabia which is the biggest oil producer of the world. This is NOT a conspiracy theory, if you take clasess on international politic then they discuss it.
Re: Obama Has Betrayed Africa by morpheus24: 10:45pm On May 14, 2012
Nebeuwa:

You are starting to sound like a broken record. Stop blaming the "white man" for all of your ills. Many African states, became powerful when they colluded with the Europeans. Shall I remind you about the Asante Confederacy, Dahomey and Oyo? You say they were forced, I say they found it profitable to sell their fellow African.
Nebeuwa,
Please do not buy into a warped version of history regarding slave trading activities in Africa. The African's that were involved in Slave trading were SLAVE RAIDERS, who were sanctioned by greedy African monarchs to capture "undesirables" and enemy combatants. This cannot translate to an indictment on Africans in general being complacent or supporting the practice as it was understood on the continent.
Nebeuwa:

I know the history of Africa and I know the history of slavery in the United States, Caribbean, Latin America and Brazil. Yes, the Europeans are to be blamed for the horrors of slavery, but the African groups that colluded with them shall not be given a blank check. I find them both equally responsible. Was it not some African states who went to war with the Europeans when the Europeans tried to suppress the slave trade when the abolition movement was picking up steam?

Can you name those kingdoms or groups in particular?
Re: Obama Has Betrayed Africa by Dsage1: 11:16pm On May 14, 2012
igbo2011:

They got all of that by slavery, genocide and bringing hell ot everyone in the world. Look at what they are doing right now in the Congo, 6 million people and counting dead. THe war on COngo is barely in the new. That goes to show how much they care about Africans. If 1000 Americans died in a terror Attack people would want to nuke the place but 6n million die in Congo and it is not in the news. Look at Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Libya. America is always at war for resources. Either through proxy by having other governments do it or by their own military. ince Independence America ha been at war for 205 and more years. If a robber were to go to your house steal your children and degrade them they burn your house and kill many people in it. Then they constantly show the burnt on TV and make the whole world look down on that house by portraying it only negatively. And you still worship them, that i why I called you a him a house nigger. I don't use the n-word that much but he deserved it.

They colluded because they were FORCED TO!!! Why did slave raider with gun come to Africa then? The white man mis educated you. He said Africans were enslaving each other that is true but it was different slavery. The lave would work the land and 5 year later he would get the land for his family. Nobody was being beaten and dehumanized like in America.

Most of the African resisted but the Europeans had better guns. Yes there were a few who voluntarily gave their own people but they didn't know it was going to be that bad. You have been Mis-educated in your lovely America. Please tell me in your school what did you learn about Africa while you were there from K-12. Slavery? Colonization? Probably that's it. And you still love your masters man. I don't use the n-word much but you deserve it.

The minute Goodluck disobey order the west will fund and arm Boko Haram, MEND and other groups to cause hell in Nigeria. It can be like Libya or Somalia (permanent war zone for resources). Let's see how much they talk about it on TV> There will be a Nigerian famine because America drones all the farmers and food aid then they show these starving African like in Somalia. SMH

@Igbo2011,may God bless you as you analysed some hiding fact concerning the asymentry relationship between African and the West. You dont need to argue with them,these people are already being mentally colonized by the so called imperialists of the west. Just gives more fact because of those who can reason and ready to learn.

The last time i create a topic about reduction of our interconnected with the west, they started calling me names,putting entire blames on our powerless leaders who are agents of west.
Re: Obama Has Betrayed Africa by igbo2011(m): 11:45pm On May 14, 2012
D sage:

@Igbo2011,may God bless you as you analysed some hiding fact concerning the asymentry relationship between African and the West. You dont need to argue with them,these people are already being mentally colonized by the so called imperialists of the west. Just gives more fact because of those who can reason and ready to learn.

The last time i create a topic about reduction of our interconnected with the west, they started calling me names,putting entire blames on our powerless leaders who are agents of west.
Mot Nigerians are brainwashed by CNN and BBC. THey love the mainstream media even though they lie. Also a lot of the thing in school that are taught are BS by racist European scholars. They need to read book by Afrocentric scholars. With religion they see the white man a god so they would always believe anything he say. I go to churches in Nigeria and white everything no wonder why so many Nigerians have inferiority complex and love whites more than their fellow African. I topped going to church 2 years ago and I became more spiritual, this really uplifted me. I have a connection with the ancetor, more African should go back to that instead of the invader religions. Even though both Christianity and Ilam have African roots.

Please spread the truth to more people, let hthem know what is really going on. I get my sources from PHD professor not conspiracy theorists.
Re: Obama Has Betrayed Africa by merge(f): 4:44am On May 24, 2012
igbo2011:
Mot Nigerians are brainwashed by CNN and BBC. THey love the mainstream media even though they lie. Also a lot of the thing in school that are taught are BS by racist European scholars. They need to read book by Afrocentric scholars. With religion they see the white man a god so they would always believe anything he say. I go to churches in Nigeria and white everything no wonder why so many Nigerians have inferiority complex and love whites more than their fellow African. I topped going to church 2 years ago and I became more spiritual, this really uplifted me. I have a connection with the ancetor, more African should go back to that instead of the invader religions. Even though both Christianity and Ilam have African roots.

Please spread the truth to more people, let hthem know what is really going on. I get my sources from PHD professor not conspiracy theorists.

Many don't know the West are behind all the wars and selections of bad leaders in their country. They finance both sides of the war. However, I say the people need to STAND UP to their leaders. If they don't do what the people want, they will face death. The people need to intimidate their leaders so it will decrease betrayal. Take back their country in full force. I believe everyone must be hold accountable. The blame game is played out.
Re: Obama Has Betrayed Africa by Nobody: 12:26am On May 29, 2012
How is be "betraying Africa?" He wasn't even born there.

LOL. Some people can talk foolishness with no shame.
The guy was born in Hawaii. He's American and didn't even know his father like that. grin
So how is he all of a sudden betraying Africa? Does he have any obligation to Africa?
I don't think so. The ppl that are "betraying Africa" are the African born heads of states
'ok-ing' the mistreatment and exploitation of their people.

The west is crooked yes, and Obama is a product of that unfortunate reality but don't
try that "betraying Africa" line. Lol. That's the epitome of desperation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Unbelieveable Happens In Thailand / Breaking: Iranian Professional Hackers Hacks The US Government Website / JUST IN: World’s Largest Aircraft ‘Mriya’ Destroyed In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.