Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,779 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:06 AM

The Igbo Side Of "Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo" Has Been Hidden For Years - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Igbo Side Of "Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo" Has Been Hidden For Years (2004 Views)

Giannis Antetokounmpo Unveils Igbo Learning Centre For Kids In Lagos / ‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home . / Giannis Antetokounmpo Signs $228 Million Deal - The Richest In NBA History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbo Side Of "Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo" Has Been Hidden For Years by oluztx: 7:04am On Jul 27, 2021
Yorubas have always claimed exclusive ownership of him, even though his mother is an Igbo woman. His full name is Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo. In fact he speak Igbo better than Yoruba.

Meet Giannis Antetokounmpo, He Is A Young Igbo Man That Earns 4.4 Million Naira Every Minute
https://ng.opera.news/ng/en/sports/8aae00cfe5a458003455303ed38e0554

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Side Of "Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo" Has Been Hidden For Years by koondog: 7:09am On Jul 27, 2021
With that Igbo face of his, you need no DNA. That's a pure Igbo face and DNA in him...flat head, broad nose, brown skin and his muscles too. He looks nothing like Yoruba to be honest. Have you ever seen a yoruba that is not mixed with light skin in your life?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Side Of "Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo" Has Been Hidden For Years by Naija9090: 7:31am On Jul 27, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
I always knew that no Afonja can excel in sports. Its always Nwafors that do so.

Afonjas are very good at stealing. That's how they've tried to steal Emmanuel Adebayor, Drogba, Chamillionaire, Williams sisters, Beyoncé, and even De Bruyne in the past.

Criminals!

LOL
Re: The Igbo Side Of "Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo" Has Been Hidden For Years by skallion7(m): 7:37am On Jul 27, 2021
What's this rubbish post

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Side Of "Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo" Has Been Hidden For Years by traihit: 7:48am On Jul 27, 2021
koondog:
With that Igbo face of his, you need no DNA. That's a pure Igbo face and DNA in him...flat head, broad nose, brown skin and his muscles too. He looks nothing like Yoruba to be honest. Have you ever seen a yoruba that is not mixed with light skin in your life?

How can his Igboness or Yorubaness reset Nigeria to a sane status? If there's no answer to this, everyone who has something to say about the tribal issues should shut up before opening their mouths.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Side Of "Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo" Has Been Hidden For Years by Pierocash(m): 7:58am On Jul 27, 2021
He isn't Igbo,but Yoruba. Adetokunmbo is not Igbo but Yoruba. Your father's origin is your origin.

My mother is a Japanese,my father is a Nigerian. I am not Japanese,I am a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Side Of "Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo" Has Been Hidden For Years by Naija9090: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2021
Pierocash:
He isn't Igbo,but Yoruba. Adetokunmbo is not Igbo but Yoruba. Your father's origin is your origin.

My mother is a Japanese,my father is a Nigerian. I am not Japanese,I am a Nigerian

I'm sure the OP opened this thread because of your type that has refused to state his Ibo side. You can't can't say he all yoruba when the gene that powers him his Ibo.
Re: The Igbo Side Of "Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo" Has Been Hidden For Years by ThierryJay: 8:52am On Jul 27, 2021
koondog:
With that Igbo face of his, you need no DNA. That's a pure Igbo face and DNA in him...flat head, broad nose, brown skin and his muscles too. He looks nothing like Yoruba to be honest. Have you ever seen a yoruba that is not mixed with light skin
in your life?

Lol, this is inferiority complex at its peak. There are so many indigenous light skinned Yoruba guys. Banky W, Kunle Remi, Saheed Balogun, Jide Kosoko and so many other non-famous ones that I've seen around.

I don't know why you are unduly bothered by Giannis Yoruba heritage, and why the obvious jealousy. In Nigeria as is with many other parts of the world, ancestry is recognized through the father's lineage which is why surnames are from the fathers line. There are so many Igbo peeps whose mothers are not Igbo, but that does not take away their Igbo identity. Would you say Peter Psquare's kids are not Igbo again? Or whether Atiku's kids from his wife Titi are no longer Fulani from Adamawa?

5 Likes

Re: The Igbo Side Of "Ugochukwu Giannis Antetokounmpo" Has Been Hidden For Years by Pierocash(m): 10:34am On Jul 27, 2021
Naija9090:

I'm sure the OP opened this thread because of your type that has refused to state his Ibo side. You can't can't say he all yoruba when the gene that powers him his Ibo.
lol

Stop sounding laughable.

Your father's origin is your origin. His DNA is Yoruba not Igbo.

I am a Nigerian,not a Japanese.

That I have some traits of my mum doesn't make me a Japanese and can't go to Japan to claim citizenship

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Africa's Top Scorers In Europe's Top 5 Leagues / Sure 2-5 Odd Daily... Sure Bet / Npfl Final Day - El Kanemi Vs Mfm Fc Live On Nta Youtube Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.