Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas (5624 Views)

Making Love & Raising A Family / Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg / Is Having Children Abroad Best? How Many Children Have You Had Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by kulaShaker(f): 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2007
its ok she is not my type, pretty though i must say, definately not my type, so feel free to sweet talk the mama to get through to the pikin . playa wink
Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by k0be: 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2007
Same way i want to raise my kids with my vaules.
And yes i grew up in Nigeria but there is more to life for me than raising my kids the good old "so you will find good husband way"
I do think they are missing out alot,  even if its that swimming in the village river, But there is more to life than that
lol you're funny. don't mind the swimming in the village part, i'm sure that was just supposed to be a joker.
it is not about finding good husbanddd oooooo, although that one important too, but haba now mummyput. i feel they'll miss a lot too, but it is in my hands to ensure they don't miss a lot.
Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by k0be: 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2007
its ok she is not my type, pretty though i must say, definately not my type, so feel free to sweet talk the mama to get through to the pikin . playa
you better stop joh!
say the "out father who hath in heaven" and pray for forgiveness. i will be praying for you. angry. that innocent girl doesn't need distractions from you and I.

and kula shaker yes i can survive in nigeria, and yes i did survive, i'm here aren't i.
Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by mamaput(f): 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2007
daprince  i just wanted Kobe to see that my daughter looks very unnigerian.
They will never handly her like a Nigerian

Kobe thats one of my daughters. one of 3.
The fighting stealing thing is just an example.
Its all about a police record.
For the job she will like to do she will have to submitt a police record.
If she stole  she will never find a Job as an account an unforgivable mistake. If she fought she will they will not care about that A forgiveable mistake
Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by mamaput(f): 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2007
The part abou swimming in the river is no joke at all. We did it .
the niger passes our village
Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by kulaShaker(f): 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2007
kobe catch you laters bad boy grin still watching you
Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by k0be: 9:52pm On Jul 23, 2007
daprince  i just wanted Kobe to see that my daughter looks very unnigerian.
They will never handly her like a Nigerian
don't worry they might treat her better, i saw a thread on here some months back, it said "nigerians treat , better"

Kobe thats one of my daughters. one of 3.
The fighting stealing thing is just an example.
Its all about a police record.
For the job she will like to do she will have to submitt a police record.
If she stole  she will never find a Job as an account an unforgivable mistake. If she fought she will they will not care about that A forgiveable mistake
okay I understand what you're saying.  but in the name of good teaching make sure your kids understand that both are offenses.

The part abou swimming in the river is no joke at all. We did it .
the niger passes our village
oh okay.
Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by k0be: 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2007
kobe catch you laters bad boy still watching you
alright you too, but make sure you don't watch for too long, you might like what you'll see. so if you're ready to swing keep watching. cool
Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by mamaput(f): 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2007
Kobe if you have worked so hard for an aim you have, you will not be stupid to go and mess it up.
Thats what i mean.
She has always known she wants to work with "Numbers" accounts finances.
And she is working hard for it. if you were in her shoes you will also not risk it for a pair of shoes in a shop.
But like you said its not only about school
Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by mamaput(f): 10:12pm On Jul 23, 2007
All children make mistakes but its all about mistakes we will not regate late.
Mistakes that will follow us like a shadow for the rest of our lives. and that can happen anywere
Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:37am On Jul 24, 2007
Okay i see were you are comming from.
But from what i hear its not like that anymore.

Um yes it is and I doubt it will ever end. Racism is alive and well. Even some of the black kids will give other kids crap just for being "African" (since in most of their minds Africa is a country). Didnt one of the younger posters on Nairaland make a thread recently on how people in her school would make "bush noises" towards her and most of the other Africans in her school?

Can something idiotic like that happen in Nigeria? No. I know the crap I went through when I was in elementary school in The States, if it wasnt cracks about my food, if it's not food it's hairstyle, if it's not hair style it's accessories, if it's not that it's them asking humilaing questions about your family/culture Ironically this usually came from the black americans. Thankfully i went to Nigeria for secondary school and I swear on my life I wouldnt trade that experience for anything in the world.

Why would I want to put my kids through that nonsense? I rather they be with likeminded people so they don't grow up to also try and ridicule their kind or go around saying "I'm not Nigerian but Nigerian American". so pathetic  angry
Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by k0be: 12:58am On Jul 24, 2007
lol nigerian american.
Re: Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas by Zandra1(f): 2:48am On Jul 29, 2007
I had started out high school in Nigeria but had to repeat the class back here in the States so in my own defense I will say that not everyone that went to school abroad (US etc) are brats. All my siblings are sweet too but am not disputing the fact that some people that went to school here are brats. The truth is that a brat will be a brat no matter where they went to school. But, my sweet self (and my siblings) is nothing close to a brat but rather sweet kiss.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marriage In Distress: Need Advice / What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One / Is God Showing Me Signs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.