Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Kanu’s My Son, Buhari Regime Kidnapped Him: Ezeife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu’s My Son, Buhari Regime Kidnapped Him: Ezeife (699 Views)

Breaking News:- Aisha Loses Son, Buhari Mourns / Nnamdi Kanu: My Advice For Igbo Efulefus And Otelectuals[photos] / Nnamdi Kanu: My Death Will Make Biafra Come Far More Quicker (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu’s My Son, Buhari Regime Kidnapped Him: Ezeife by Emergingnation(m): 11:32am On Jul 27, 2021
Kanu’s my son, Buhari regime kidnapped him: Ezeife

He is my son, and whatever is the situation, he is my son,” says former Governor Chukwuemeka Ezeife (of the old Anambra) of IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu

“He is my son, and whatever is the situation, he is my son. They did not bring him to court (on Monday),” says former Governor Chukwuemeka Ezeife (of the old Anambra) of IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu.

Mr Ezeife was one of the high-profile Igbo political figures present at the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court on Monday to witness the continuation of Mr Kanu’s trial.

Mr Ezeife had said on Monday that he was at the court to represent the Ndigbo (the people of Igbo extraction worldwide), accusing President Muhammadu Buhari’s regime of kidnapping the IPOB leader.

“He is my son whatever is the situation,” said Mr Ezeife on Monday while speaking to journalists. “They kidnapped him from Kenya. I am disappointed.”

Mr Kanu was rearrested and repatriated from Kenya to Nigeria by the regime and was charged to court in June. On June 29, the court ordered the IPOB leader to be remanded in SSS custody pending the hearing and determination of the case.

The court also granted the request that the matter get an accelerated hearing to guard against delay in justice and fixed Monday to continue the trial.

But the State Security Service failed to produce the IPOB leader in court.

M.B. Abubakar, the lawyer representing Mr Buhari’s regime in the matter, cited logistics reasons for the disobedience of court order, which had previously said Mr Kanu should be returned to court on July 26 to hear a bail application.

Mr Abubakar said the government was ready to allow the trial to continue in the absence of IPOB, but Justice Binta Murtala-Nyako said the government’s action was disturbing.

“I am also worried why the defendant is not here,” Ms Murtala-Nyako said. “The first step in a criminals matter is to provide the defendant in court.”

https://gazettengr.com/kanus-my-son-buhari-regime-kidnapped-him-ezeife/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Re: Kanu’s My Son, Buhari Regime Kidnapped Him: Ezeife by yungpowers(m): 11:36am On Jul 27, 2021
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kanu’s My Son, Buhari Regime Kidnapped Him: Ezeife by nairavsdollars(f): 11:36am On Jul 27, 2021
Indirectly comparing Buhari with Evans the kidnapper.
Ezeife and sense are like...

Re: Kanu’s My Son, Buhari Regime Kidnapped Him: Ezeife by Fahdiga(m): 11:39am On Jul 27, 2021
Buhari is a terrorist
Re: Kanu’s My Son, Buhari Regime Kidnapped Him: Ezeife by FamTomx2(m): 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
undecided

Until this topic hits front page, I don't have much ink to waste.

Signing out...
Re: Kanu’s My Son, Buhari Regime Kidnapped Him: Ezeife by RoyalUc(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2021
Like father like son! grin
Re: Kanu’s My Son, Buhari Regime Kidnapped Him: Ezeife by flamingREED(m): 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
He is my brother. They must produce him.
Re: Kanu’s My Son, Buhari Regime Kidnapped Him: Ezeife by velocity25(m): 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
God bless you Okwadike,
for standing up for him,no matter what the kidnapping government do we will overcome them.

(1) (Reply)

Problem In North Perpetrated By Elite Who Hate Nigeria -Mailafia / Lagos Public Officers, Others Unending Pilgrimages To Tinubu's UK Convalescing H / What Is Your Honest Opinion Of The Pandora Papers (leaks)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.