Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,670 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) (48194 Views)

Without France, There’d Be No Mali, Burkina Faso And Niger, Macron Boasts / Russia Developing 4,000mph Invulnerable Missile, Can Hit Anywhere In Minutes / Russia Boasts It Fired Warning Shots And Dropped BOMBS At Royal Navy Warship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by DoggoneDogg: 2:29pm On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
goodheart02:

Oga I don't argue with your type. But all i will tell you is we who have been following the US and Russia drama since the gulf war in the early 90s know how all these will end. You're just here screaming Zirkov missile up and down. I'm sure you're new to international politics and warfare drama. Do you know what the latest Maverick or Hell Fire missile in the US arsenal is capable of? Or because the US hardly showcase their weapons? Look it's a matter of "who you pass, you pass am". The US has nothing to prove when it comes to arms race with Russia. Russia is just growing their teeth now while the US has already grown theirs
[/s]

Just to tell us what the US has in stock wey you use your own mouth talk o na him bring dis sermon so... grin grin issoright
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by goodheart02(m): 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Tell us what the US has in its stock please? We want to learn...

You're a late comer to this thread. Your predecessors have all cooled off now... you will soon when I'm done educating you. grin

To educate you further, I want you to know the Russians are only being defensive, they can't even attack. They would think 3 times before doing that. They can't even fight a non-nuclear war with the US u know why?? Their economy can't keep up with a prolonged war. Before going into a full scale war, your economy should be okay because you're will need a restock of weapons and logistics for battle.

STUDY THE BELOW PROPERLY

United States Military Capacity:-
Active Military Personnel 1,385,400 officers and 845,234 on reserve

71 nuclear capable submarines and the highest number in the world

480 war ships and their Nimitz class is the biggest in the wolrd

Over 5,404 war jets

8700 war tanks (China and Russia surpassed them in this aspect)

Over 6,000 war helicopters. And together,the army, navy and Air Force operates a total of 13,000 aircrafts in total

Let me just stop here. You're all can research on the rest.
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by DoggoneDogg: 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2021
goodheart02:

To educate you further, I want you to know the Russians are only being defensive, they can't even attack. They would think 3 times before doing that. They can't even fight a non-nuclear war with the US u know why?? Their economy can't keep up with a prolonged war. Before going into a full scale war, your economy should be okay because you're will need a restock of weapons and logistics for battle.

STUDY THE BELOW PROPERLY

Over 5,404 war jets

Over 6,000 war helicopters. And together,the army, navy and Air Force operates a total of 13,000 aircrafts in total

France said this same thing before Hitler destroyed them in 2 weeks and showed them that there was no need to have a stronger economy in warfare if the war won't take long. cheesy grin

Oh, and to add insult to the injury, Germany used France's strong economy to fund their subsequent campaigns in WWII. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by goodheart02(m): 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

France said this same thing before Hitler destroyed them in 2 weeks and showed them that there was no need to have a stronger economy in warfare if the war won't take long. cheesy grin

Oh, and to add insult to the injury, Germany used France's strong economy to fund their subsequent campaigns in WWII. cheesy

France isn't US. Infact US even gives France some amount of coverage based on NATO treaty. The US has been a leading world power since the end of WW2. Same way the Russians boasted about their weapons which they sold to Saddam Hussein during the gulf war, and in the end their weapons were no match for those of the Americans. Do your research and basic comparisons properly. I'm done talking.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by DoggoneDogg: 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
goodheart02:

France isn't US. Infact US even gives France some amount of coverage based on NATO treaty. The US has been a leading world power since the end of WW2. Same way the Russians boasted about their weapons which they sold to Saddam Hussein during the gulf war, and in the end their weapons were no match for those of the Americans. Do your research and basic comparisons properly. I'm done talking.
[/s]

Lol
You're saying France is not US because you know this now but France was Europe's strongest economy in 1939 & No. 4 in the world. They were very powerful and had several colonies in Africa & Far East Asia.

Still didn't stop Germany from dismantling them and their economic power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by Krismas(m): 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2021
goodheart02:

Oga I don't argue with your type. But all i will tell you is we who have been following the US and Russia drama since the gulf war in the early 90s know how all these will end. You're just here screaming Zirkov missile up and down. I'm sure you're new to international politics and warfare drama. Do you know what the latest Maverick or Hell Fire missile in the US arsenal is capable of? Or because the US hardly showcase their weapons? Look it's a matter of "who you pass, you pass am". The US has nothing to prove when it comes to arms race with Russia. Russia is just growing their teeth now while the US has already grown theirs
grin Lie. Obama wey vow say America must make their own Zirkov! Why u dey commonize high tech? If e easy let America have it

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by Krismas(m): 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2021
Naija8240:

[/s] smiley[s][/s]

Because they are not afraid of trump , they know they can control him anytime. Trump loves dictators and he wants to be like them. Putin and Xi always get scared and start showing off toys because the person in the White House don’t like them. It’s just a show of strength, which he wasn’t doing when trump was there.

coolNo no no! Actually Trump is really smart. Smarter than Obama and Biden rolled into one. That’s why he met Kim Jong-Un. It’s respect for the capabilities of others. This man Biden is determined to reverse the AMERICA FIRST POLICY of Donald Trump, which is really,@‘ America minds her own business. Biden want to start shouldering the troubles of European allies. That’s why the tension on the Crimean sea, over Ukraine and tension over South China sea. Trump knows America is better and more prosperous if they mind their business. Trump also knew allies like Japan, NATO etc were ripping off America. He was smart business man.
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by goodheart02(m): 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
Krismas:
coolU will not know the launch location. It cud be from a submarine or from any classified location. It cud even be launched from space

Your last sentence proves most of you here know nothing. So you're not aware there's been an international treaty against space arming?? The 1967 Outer Space Treaty bans the stationing of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in outer space, prohibits military activities on celestial bodies like the moon. Weapons are not allowed in space except weapons coordinating satellites. You guys need to read wide!!
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by Krismas(m): 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
goodheart02:

STUDY THE BELOW PROPERLY

Over 5,404 war jets

coolIs like u have never heard the saying IF U ARE BROKE, GO TO WAR? War is greatest revival of the economy. America was in the midst of the Great Depression wen they went into WW2. They have not recovered from the aftermath prosperity. Germany was so broke b4 WW2, infact poverty was one of the reasons they decided to invade Poland, thus flagging off the war! Yet they made riches ontold during the war. War bring prosperity, if u know wot u doing. Dats why US is always going to war.
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by pansophist(m): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2021
angelfallz:
You made good points on the reasons why you would Xi Jinping over Vladimir Putin.
But I would like to correct some impressions you might have regarding the 2 of them.

You are right that Xi is a leader and Putin is a ruler.

However, Putin is a ruler out of necessity or you might say because that is how the Russian system works. The Chinese system of government is different from the Russian system of government.

From what I have read on Quora, on the way Russia operates, it looks like Russians prefer a strong man leader(Tsar). A Tsar is like a monarch with supreme authority.

Before Putin, Russia had Boris Nikolayevich Yeltsin, another strong man ruler. It was Yeltsin that brought in Putin. Again, that is how the Russian system works.

Another thing about Russia are the Oligarchs. Who are they? They are the businessmen of the defunct USSR who rapidly accumulated wealth as the USSR was collapsing and privatisation of USSR assets was happening.
They are very powerful. Sorry. EXTREMELY POWERFUL. Putin has been playing a delicate game with the oligarchs. So even though Russia has an abundance natural Putin can't really do as he pleases.
However, even with the constraints Putin has improved Russia. Remember, also that your favourite uncle, Uncle Sam has been imposing serious sanctions on Russia which affects its economy.

The Chinese system is totally different. You are right, Xi had to work from the grassroots up to become the president of China.
However, the choice was between Xi and Bo Xilai. But Bo Xilai had problems that prevented him from being selected to be the president of China.
You actually made a "little technical" mistake in saying that the Chinese people 97% of them support Xi Jingping. Technically, that is not correct. The Chinese people support the CCP(Chinese Communist Party) of which Xi Jinping is the general secretary. In China the CCP is supreme no one is bigger than the party, just ask Jack Ma.
So tomorrow if Xi is no longer president of China and general secretary of the CCP, would the CCP still have a high approval rating? Yes.

Lol. I strongly disagree with you that if Nigeria had someone like Xi Nigeria would be transformed. You see, Xi would fail in the Nigerian system. In the Chinese system Xi has absolute power, he can bring billionaires(see Jack Ma) to their knees if need be. He has control over the lives of all Chinese citizens. The CCP operates with one mind.

In Nigeria with this our current system if it is not tribalism, it is religion, if it is not nepotism it is chop i chop.

This goes to the heart of what I have been shouting about for sometime here. Our current system of governance is not working for us. We need to change it by restructuring and putting power in the hands of the federating units. Even if you bring George Washington, Obama, Abraham Lincoln they would all fail.

The Chinese have a system of government that is working for them, bear in mind that there is no freedom of speech, you can't criticise the CCP, but it works for them.

We Nigeria need to find a system that would work for us.

Democracy na scam(especially in Nigeria and Africa) I am glad that more people are opening their eyes to it

An unpopular opinion that I have. I believe that the current unitary system is a good system to change Nigeria for the better, before it would be restructuring. I'll explain.

The problem associated with confederation (restructuring) is that the corruption is shifted down to each structure (eg The North might ended up being plagued with poverty, while effectively becoming a burden to the other structures in the south). With a unitary system that have a strong central government, this problem will hardly exist and even if it does, the central government have the power to reach every square each of its territory to deal with corruption. Also to harness the potential of the country in the masterplan.

Take russia for example, as huge as that country is, it is only the Moscow Oblast and the North Western District (Saint petersburg) that is well developed, while other regions are left to rot. Even though Putin is the president, his power is limited, and true power rest in the hands of the President of each oblast.

So in a nutshell, a restructure federating unit is effective when all regions are well-developed, but for an underdeveloped,  multi-ethnic, multi-religious country like Nigeria, a strong central government will do, but only if it truly have the interest of the people like the Chinese. What do you think ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by Krismas(m): 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
goodheart02:

Your last sentence proves most of you here know nothing. So you're not aware there's been an international treaty against space arming?? The 1967 Outer Space Treaty bans the stationing of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in outer space, prohibits military activities on celestial bodies like the moon. Weapons are not allowed in space except weapons coordinating satellites. You guys need to read wide!!
coolHypersonic missile system is NOT a WMD. In ICBMs like the type Bush fired against Saddam in d failed assassination attempt b4 Gulf war2, the missile is shot out of the earth, journeys in space and fall out of space on its target. That’s how ICBMs work, cos I don know wot u are taking about.
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by goodheart02(m): 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
Melkizedeck:

What US weapon can match the Zircon missile?

What's with you guys and Zircon Missile self? There is something a lot of us do not understand about these Supthemwers; They know themselves so much that they will never engage in a direct confrontation. Speaking of Zircon missile self, do you think it is an advantage to the Russians in a real war

The Zircon missile was advertised aggressively because the Russians feared the US 'envelopment strategy' towards them. Firstly, the US has strategic bases all over the world pointing towards Russia. Next the US has a blue water navy that knows every nook and crany of the waters of the world facing Russia; not excluding their superior air force and 'Carriers'. Before you talk of Zircon missile, remember the US first developed the fastest aircraft in the world using the ramjet technology at the time no one understood it. This was in the 1970's. The Zircon missile, like every other faster-than-the-speed-of-sound craft has it's flaws. First they fly subsonic, then supersonic before going hypersonic. The missile can be taken out in the Subsonic stage or the later stage; to do this the Americans invested in two frontiers; they created what is today known as the space force to hit out the missile mechanically in the subsonic or supersonic stage using all their machinations in space. The space force was how they were able to see Iran fire missiles at the mistaken-for- American passenger jet carrying mostly Iranian citizens in Iranian airspace last year! Another area the US is developing serious countermeasures is in their recent upgrade in laser technology which is intended to fry out the honing missile strategically to render it useless.(Remember, nothing mechanical goes faster than the speed of light!). Let's leave these Superpowers, they know themselves better than we do! The Russians annexed Crimea and So What about the US and her allies that bombed Yugoslavia against the will of Russia? did anything happen The US is still the dominant Superpower, they developed virtually every important recent technology before every other country. The nuclear bomb was first done by them; every other nation played catch up. They developed the solar technology, semiconductor technology, smartphone, etc of recent. Do not take them for granted!!!

You really speak with sense and I admire your versatility. I'm happy atleast someone here knows the rubrics of all these noise making.
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by goodheart02(m): 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
Krismas:
coolHypersonic missile system is NOT a WMD. In ICBMs like the type Bush fired against Saddam in d failed assassination attempt b4 Gulf war2, the missile is shot out of the earth, journeys in space and fall out of space on its target. That’s how ICBMs work, cos I don know wot u are taking about.

**smiles** that means you don't even know what you are talking about. You talked about shooting a missile from space, and how does that relate with the trajectory movement of an ICBM which u used as an example here? Of which my answer was based on you saying "shooting weapons from space".
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by Krismas(m): 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
Krismas:
coolOk d saddam missiles was not an ICBM, I remember now. It was fired from a war ship stationed in the Mediterranean or so
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by Krismas(m): 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
goodheart02:

**smiles** that means you don't even know what you are talking about. You talked about shooting a missile from space, and how does that relate with the trajectory movement of an ICBM which u used as an example here? Of which my answer was based on you saying "shooting weapons from space".
coolI understand wot u mean. But missiles do go into space. In addition, I tot I read somewhere long ago that US has missiles stationed in space to attack any aggressive nation. Let me ask google
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by whirlout: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2021
Krismas:
coolU are so wrong! Too many wild assumptions in ur submission. If u know how to use google, check all the security debriefs since the time of J.W Bush. All the military chiefs, CIA and other relevant security chiefs have told senate committees incharge that Russia is America’s deadliest adversary. Not China, not any other nation. Check this fact, don’t overlook it. I.e wot security chiefs are saying on Russia! Also u will notice, there is no election in America in which Russia is not accused of meddling! In fact Obama had to expel the RUSSIAN AMBASSADOR! Over hack to American servers. U see this is high tech, is not beans. America cannot defend itself against Russia. It’s not a lie! So many proofs to show this. Go to google again, and find out what happened to USS DONALD COOK an American warship on Black Sea. A tiny Russian plane flew above it and jammed the entire electronic defense system of a mighty aircraft carrier! grin grin and den started to shoot it in mockery, shooting blank at it, as to say, I CAN DESTROY U AND U WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING! Now ofcouse the US deny it ever happened, yet so many sailors on COOK were so traumatized by the experience, they RESIGNED! U.S is always lying, they lied about the Stealth fighter F-161 shot down by an ordinary scud missile, an old type of Russian missiles, shooting down the most advanced American plane in 2017, a plane that boast of non-detection grin As for boasting, it’s America that fought over 50wars since WW2, most of which is purely out of busy body! Which is making people like u to think they must be d best, cos they are always showing demself. During military days, nation show their weapons, its not out of place. It’s Joe Biden that first of all conducted a huge military simulation involving many nations in a bid to frighten Russia, so get ur fact right about show off. Then economy. The US is not rich. They went into recession after fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are seriously indebted. And Russia, like any other nation is NEVER POOR wen it comes to defense. They can produce as many hypersonic as they want. Only its still classified cos they have to keep the tech from d desperate Americans who have vowed to also produce theirs since the time of Barrack Obama. Get ur facts right

With all the garbage you spew against the US, yet they remain the gold standard in everything across the world or at worst 2nd place. Go figure. US is always lying but Russia on the other hand is the truth teller, right? Sounds like a vendetta to me. Russians are running to America in droves but you don't see Americans running to Russia. I wonder why. World power will withstand each other in initial stages of war, attrition is what determines who is left standing. Your economy plays a big role in that but of course you won't understand that cos you have anti US rhetoric. Love it or hate it, America remains the greatest land in the world, debt or no debt, military might or not. Every country running up and down to be US ally but you of course are smarter than those countries cos u see everything they dont see Genius. Russia with all his greatness and might is under sanctions, you dont see it the other way around. All you keep blabbing is hypersonic this, hypersonic that, something they cannot mass produce.
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by goodheart02(m): 4:16pm On Jul 28, 2021
Krismas:
coolSincerely dis America WORSHIP is sickening. U don’t know wot happened in Yugoslavia, why are u talking about it? America did not start the Atomic bomb first. Its was the Germans. And the American atomic project barely beat the British Alloy wheels. It was just politics. What is the plenty point about the hypersonic missile? It cannot be intercepted. Period. The Russians were the first to go the space. They did not learn rocket science from the Americans! It’s the Americans that cannot prove they went to d moon!

Hmmmm... Where do you guys get your info pls. The Americans can not prove they went to the moon yet they have their flag up there also with an epitaph of peace dropped on the moon surface by Neil Armstrong and Conrad? Yet they were the first and ONLY nation to have landed and walked on the moon severally with their lunar module. Yes Russians went there first by sending Yuri Gagarin who only orbited the earth, but the Americans took up pace and broke a bigger record by landing on the moon which Russia haven't done till today.

All crewed lunar landings of the US took place between July 1969 and December 1972 as part of the United States Apollo program. Are you aware they were the first to successfully create a space shuttle??
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by Krismas(m): 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
whirlout:

With all the garbage you spew against the US, yet they remain the gold standard in everything across the world or at worst 2nd place. Go figure. US is always lying but Russia on the other hand is the truth teller, right? Sounds like a vendetta to me. Russians are running to America in droves but you don't see Americans running to Russia. I wonder why. World power will withstand each other in initial stages of war, attrition is what determines who is left standing. Your economy plays a big role in that but of course you won't understand that cos you have anti US rhetoric. Love it or hate it, America remains the greatest land in the world, debt or no debt, military might or not. Every country running up and down to be US ally but you of course are smarter than those countries cos u see everything they dont see Genius. Russia with all his greatness and might is under sanctions, you dont see it the other way around. All you keep blabbing is hypersonic this, hypersonic that, something they cannot mass produce.
cool 1. It was the aftermath of WW2 and the collapse of the Soviet republic that made dollar the international currency. There is increasing calls for it to be scrapped. There is nothing fantastic about. Even nations in the East are bypassing Dollar daily by dealing their currency directly for trade. 2. America is under Iranian sanctions, Canada is under Saudi-Arabia sanctions. Anybody can put sanctions on anybody. If Russia is under western economy sanctions, does dat stop dem from dealing with eastern nations? 3. Americans travel to Europe or don’t they? People stay were they feel comfortable. Tony Blair the ex-British prime, lives in France? So shud I say Britain is poor? 4.U have to cure yourself of chronic American hero-worship
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by goodheart02(m): 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
Krismas:
coolIs like u have never heard the saying IF U ARE BROKE, GO TO WAR? War is greatest revival of the economy. America was in the midst of the Great Depression wen they went into WW2. They have not recovered from the aftermath prosperity. Germany was so broke b4 WW2, infact poverty was one of the reasons they decided to invade Poland, thus flagging off the war! Yet they made riches ontold during the war. War bring prosperity, if u know wot u doing. Dats why US is always going to war.

You make me laugh. Your basis are so out of point. So going to war makes you rich instead of spending on logisticss and armaments? Lol... U sef. So after the war they dash u riches abi??
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by Krismas(m): 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
goodheart02:

Hmmmm... Where do you guys get your info pls. The Americans can not prove they went to the moon yet they have their flag up there also with an epitaph of peace dropped on the moon surface by Neil Armstrong and Conrad? Yet they were the first and ONLY nation to have landed and walked on the moon severally with their lunar module. Yes Russians went there first by sending Yuri Gagarin who only orbited the earth, but the Americans took up pace and broke a bigger record by landing on the moon which Russia haven't done till today.

All crewed lunar landings of the US took place between July 1969 and December 1972 as part of the United States Apollo program. Are you aware they were the first to successfully create a space shuttle??
coolApollo lunar program, na saka-maja. Photoshop. No single shread of evidence to back all that moon activity. Its all pure and applied lies, like u see in the movies. E.g GAME OF THRONES, abi u think dragons are real? Didn’t u see dragons in the movie? Is that a proof?

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by angelfallz(m): 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2021
I agree that it's possible for corruption to be shifted down to federating units. But in Nigeria for example would it not be much easier to fight corruption at the federating units because tribalism and religion would have been removed?

In the federating structure which I'm advocating, all the ethnic groups that make up Nigeria would have sovereignty over it's land and peoples.

Take the Igbos for example. It would be easy to persecute corrupt leaders because they can't hide under tribe or religion.

In the federating structure that I'm advocating, the federating units don't rely on other federating units.

So if the northern leaders refuse to develop their own federating units their failure can't be passed to other federating units.

Unitary system has its advantages. But in the case of Nigeria it can't work. Why? Because Nigeria is a heterogeneous country, with different ethnic groups, different religions, different ways of thinking, different languages.

See Buhari a Fulani man for example. In the Fulani way of thinking, cows are as important as human beings. Now we have a Fulani president now imposing that way of thinking on the rest of the ethnic groups. He is fighting for his own tribe. Naturally there would be resistance.

I have always stated that Nigeria needs to find a system of governance that is suitable to a heterogeneous country like ours.

Over the years it has been clear the unitary system is not working.

It's time to allow each tribe that make up Nigeria to have sovereignty over it's land and peoples.

The federating units that develops its people would enjoy it, the federating units that refuse to develop its people would suffer for it.

In fact I believe it would be difficult for corruption and underdevelopment to happen in a restructured Nigeria, because the govt is closer to the people and the people would be watching the govt very closely.

Imagine if the ijaw people had power over their oil, do you think the level of poverty in Ijaw land would be as it is? They would have probably chased away any of their leaders that would want to try nonsense.

Imagine if the Tiv and Idoma people have power over their security, do you think Fulani herdsmen would turn Benue State into a killing field?

pansophist:

An unpopular opinion that I have. I believe that the current unitary system is a good system to change Nigeria for the better, before it would be restructuring. I'll explain.

The problem associated with confederation (restructuring) is that the corruption is shifted down to each structure (eg The North might ended up being plagued with poverty, while effectively becoming a burden to the other structures in the south). With a unitary system that have a strong central government, this problem will hardly exist and even if it does, the central government have the power to reach every square each of its territory to deal with corruption. Also to harness the potential of the country in the masterplan.

Take russia for example, as huge as that country is, it is only the Moscow Oblast and the North Western District (Saint petersburg) that is well developed, while other regions are left to rot. Even though Putin is the president, his power is limited, and true power rest in the hands of the President of each oblast.

So in a nutshell, a restructure federating unit is effective when all regions are well-developed, but for an underdeveloped,  multi-ethnic, multi-religious country like Nigeria, a strong central government will do, but only if it truly have the interest of the people like the Chinese. What do you think ?
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by Krismas(m): 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2021
goodheart02:

You make me laugh. Your basis are so out of point. So going to war makes you rich instead of spending on logisticss and armaments? Lol... U sef. So after the war they dash u riches abi??
coolAfter gulf war1, US had unprecedented access to Kuwaiti Oil, then Gulf war2, to Iraqi Oil, then in Afghanistan, to the Afghan Opium business. War enriches. IF U KNOW WOT U DOING
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by goodheart02(m): 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2021
Krismas:
coolApollo lunar program, na saka-maja. Photoshop. No single shread of evidence to back all that moon activity. Its all pure and applied lies, like u see in the movies. E.g GAME OF THRONES, abi u think dragons are real? Didn’t u see dragons in the movie? Is that a proof?

Lol... Photoshopped abi?? Yet when the Russians and Chinese sent camera robots to the moon surface they caught shots of the American flag. Even the Chinese have acknowledged trying to land on the moon like the Americans. Photoshopped yet the whole world witnessed it on TV during live televise as US astronauts were taken into space by the shuttle. Even the space shuttle that sits in NASA base in Houston is also a photoshop right?? U could as well say NASA is not existing. I'm out of this thread abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by Krismas(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2021
goodheart02:

Lol... Photoshopped abi?? Yet when the Russians and Chinese sent camera robots to the moon surface they caught shots of the American flag. Even the Chinese have acknowledged trying to land on the moon like the Americans. Photoshopped yet the whole world witnessed it on TV during live televise as US astronauts were taken into space by the shuttle. Even the space shuttle that sits in NASA base in Houston is also a photoshop right?? U could as well say NASA is not existing. I'm out of this thread abeg.
The issue is not about going to the moon, it’s about landing man on the moon. As of today, it’s an impossibility cos of the intense heat u’l encounter as u journey towards the moon. Unmanned crafts make it a lot. And u don’t need a human being to plant a flag. Check, the so called flag Armstrong planted have NEVER been found. Armstrong’s mission na film-trick. But if u don believe, I will not be surprised. After all, so many Nigerians believe WESTLEMANIA is real grin

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by pansophist(m): 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2021
angelfallz:
I agree that it's possible for corruption to be shifted down to federating units. But in Nigeria for example would it not be much easier to fight corruption at the federating units because tribalism and religion would have been removed?

In the federating structure which I'm advocating, all the ethnic groups that make up Nigeria would have sovereignty over it's land and peoples.

Take the Igbos for example. It would be easy to persecute corrupt leaders because they can't hide under tribe or religion.

In the federating structure that I'm advocating, the federating units don't rely on other federating units.

So if the northern leaders refuse to develop their own federating units their failure can't be passed to other federating units.

Unitary system has its advantages. But in the case of Nigeria it can't work. Why? Because Nigeria is a heterogeneous country, with different ethnic groups, different religions, different ways of thinking, different languages.

See Buhari a Fulani man for example. In the Fulani way of thinking, cows are as important as human beings. Now we have a Fulani president now imposing that way of thinking on the rest of the ethnic groups. He is fighting for his own tribe. Naturally there would be resistance.

I have always stated that Nigeria needs to find a system of governance that is suitable to a heterogeneous country like ours.

Over the years it has been clear the unitary system is not working.

It's time to allow each tribe that make up Nigeria to have sovereignty over it's land and peoples.

The federating units that develops its people would enjoy it, the federating units that refuse to develop its people would suffer for it.

In fact I believe it would be difficult for corruption and underdevelopment to happen in a restructured Nigeria, because the govt is closer to the people and the people would be watching the govt very closely.

Imagine if the ijaw people had power over their oil, do you think the level of poverty in Ijaw land would be as it is? They would have probably chased away any of their leaders that would want to try nonsense.

Imagine if the Tiv and Idoma people have power over their security, do you think Fulani herdsmen would turn Benue State into a killing field?

China is far more multi ethnic, multi cultural, multi religious and multi everything than Nigeria, with over x7 of the Nigerian population, and still, it has a central government. Nigeria is dysfunctional because of leadership, not because a Fulani/Igbo/Yoruba man is on power. If it is about tribe, then how would you explain equally single ethnic African countries that are even worse off than Nigeria economically? It's about leadership.

So far, my point stands. Before we must move forward as a country, we have to look within ourselves and go back to the basics, and to a political system that is indigenous and will work us, and democracy is not it. By a long stretch. Even the so called democratical countries are not democratic de facto. America catapulting its democracy to far flung region of the world is structural a corpotocratic country lol.
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by angelfallz(m): 9:05am On Jul 29, 2021
What multi kini?!!

China is an atheist nation. Sure there are Christians, Muslims, Buddhists etc. But generally, the Chinese are atheists and the Chinese don't take religion seriously.
Also the ethnicity of the Chinese is not the same as Nigerians.

I am surprised you are trying to compare Nigeria with China in terms of our multiculturalism. India is the country that you can rightly compare to Nigeria in terms of multiculturalism and not China.

Also, China used to be ruled by Emperors(monarchy) which means China has always had a central govt. China is one of the oldest countries in the world, China is more than 4,000 years old, they have had enough time to blend together as a nation.

The 1st bolded,
I hope I did not give you the impression that it is because a Fulani/Igbo/Yoruba man is in power that is why things are bad. That was not my intention. What i was trying to explain is that the system allows one man from one tribe to have absolute control over all other tribes. That one man comes with his own way of thinking usually it is how his tribe thinks, which would sometimes be in conflict with other tribes.

What one tribe wants, might not be what another tribe wants. How one tribe wants to solve a problem, might not be how another tribe wants to solve the problem.

The 2nd bolded,
I agree with you that we need a political system that is indigenous to us. That is basically what I have been saying, when I say things like, Nigeria has to change its system of govt to a system that suits us and takes into account our heterogenous nature. We are basically saying the same thing smiley

In the restructured Nigeria that I am advocating for, the different tribes would decide for themselves what form of govt they wish to use to govern themselves.

pansophist:

China is far more multi ethnic, multi cultural, multi religious and multi everything than Nigeria, with over x7 of the Nigerian population, and still, it has a central government. Nigeria is dysfunctional because of leadership, not because a Fulani/Igbo/Yoruba man is on power. If it is about tribe, then how would you explain equally single ethnic African countries that are even worse off than Nigeria economically? It's about leadership.

So far, my point stands. Before we must move forward as a country, we have to look within ourselves and go back to the basics, and to a political system that is indigenous and will work us, and democracy is not it. By a long stretch. Even the so called democratical countries are not democratic de facto. America catapulting its democracy to far flung region of the world is structural a corpotocratic country lol.
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by blueAgent(m): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

You mean the Iraqi invasion?

Whatever you call it.

The fact is that US won.
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by DoggoneDogg: 2:07pm On Jul 29, 2021
blueAgent:

Whatever you call it.

The fact is that US won.

They weren't fighting anyone.
They invaded a sovereign state. That's not a war.
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by blueAgent(m): 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

They weren't fighting anyone.
They invaded a sovereign state. That's not a war.

Really?

So you want to change the definition of War?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/war
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by DoggoneDogg: 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2021
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by Muwyn(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2021
Congrats, folks! We've got one more crazy dictator with nuclear weapon!
Re: Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) by blueAgent(m): 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/invasion

Are you sure you want to school at all?

Invasion is still war, a war is define as a violent conflict between 2 or more countries or group. whether it is carried out by invasion or not.

So by your definition World war 2 was not war ?

Since Germany invaded France,Russia and US invaded Japan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

US Sends Ship To Build Temporary Seaport In Gaza(photos) / Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 / South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.