Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight (4510 Views)

Just Two Northern White RHINOS Remain....In The World!!! / "I Cannot Put My Life In Danger" Teacher Who Got Into A Fight With Student Quits / University Of Abuja Student Got Into A Fight With An Aboki Man See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by Elliotwaveforec: 11:05am On Jul 28, 2021
Natgeo and Discovery ID, my favourites.
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by Elliotwaveforec: 11:09am On Jul 28, 2021
Gadafii:
one on one, a tiger will take out an alpha lion, twice on Wednesday.

Tigers are bigger and stronger, they are solitary hunters unlike lions that depends on the pride to hunt down mere antelope.

A tiger is both Brut force and brain.

Even an adult spotted hyena can give an adult male lion a run for his money, several times hyena stole food from lions and other big cats, I haven't seen them steal from tiger

If hyenas attack in group against a lion, the lion flees for his life and the kill is stolen by the hyenas. They dare not attack with just two lions.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by Gadafii: 11:10am On Jul 28, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:

If hyenas attack in group against a lion, the lion flees for his life and the kill is stolen by the hyenas. They dare not attack with just two lions.
an adult spotted hyena wil stand his ground with an alpha lion, one on one, jaw to jaw.

with a jaw force capable of breaking bones, heart twice that of a lion, a hyena cant easily be ruffled by a single lion...those hyenas are the bandits of the jungle.

aside games, the other cat i know a lion can rough handle is the cheetah

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by MasonKendall(m): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2021
Don4eva:

Be serious
like seriously are you serious? Seriousness can exist anywhere but nairaland.

Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by Winny25(m): 11:35am On Jul 28, 2021
Gadafii:

Tigers are bigger and stronger, they are solitary hunters unlike lions that depends on the pride to hunt down mere antelope.

Even an adult spotted hyena can give an adult male lion a run for his money, several times hyena stole food from lions and other big cats, I haven't seen them steal from tiger
thats true, in nat geo channel, hyena always steels from lion. Tigers normally calculate their attack, movement and accuracy
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by Ezkid(m): 11:56am On Jul 28, 2021
Nicklaus619:

Tigers stay far away from lion, and when they eventually cross path, no bad blood between them, the only problem is that the lion will always want to steal the tigers kill, Nah him dey cause their quarrel, I don't joke with my nat geo wild channel grin
Tiger and Lion are like the US and Russia, one is slightly powerful than the other but the are both aware that the damages they are capable of doing to each other in event of confrontation would far overshadow any concept of victory, thus they very conscious of their respective path.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by OBALOLA55(m): 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2021
Nicklaus619:

Tigers stay far away from lion, and when they eventually cross path, no bad blood between them, the only problem is that the lion will always want to steal the tigers kill, Nah him dey cause their quarrel, I don't joke with my nat geo wild channel grin
LION WAN DIE
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by OBALOLA55(m): 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
Veggieseedies:

Tigers don't stay far away from lions, they stay on their own. They don't even walk together but each his/her own. Lions go in packs and everywhere but territorial

When their paths crosses, sure if just a male lion (1male) with the tiger (always alone), the lion gets killed.

If the Lions are in pack, the one tiger will deal a deadly blow to the pack before falling
YOU ARE A GOOD STUDENT OF NAT GEO WILD cool

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by vision2050: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2021
Okay
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by OBALOLA55(m): 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2021
Gadafii:
lion wey hyena dey take play police and thief for jungle na him you dey hype like this

Do you know the body size difference between a tiger and a lion, have you seen a tiger paw compared to a lion's, have you seen the tiger head, dontt be deceived by that beard gang shiits of that lion, a well placed blow to the lion's head by tiger would brake the lion's skull.

The only advantage a lion has over the tiger, is the pride,, one on one, a tiger would shred the lion into pieces and the hyenas would eat the carcass
HYENA CAN ONLY TRY THAT SH!T WITH LIONESS, AND NOT A FULL GROWN MALE LION.

MALE LION NOR DEY USE EYES SEE HYENA O
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by Truvelisback(m): 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
Nicklaus619:

Tiger is greater than lion in terms of strenght and speed.
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by Gadafii: 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2021
OBALOLA55:
HYENA CAN ONLY TRY THAT SH!T WITH LIONESS, AND NOT A FULL GROWN MALE LION.

MALE LION NOR DEY USE EYES SEE HYENA O
a full grown spotted male hyena, would stand an alpha lion, anyday anytime twice on wednesday afternoon

a wandering alpha lion would avoid the path of a hyena, google is ur friend
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by somehow: 12:32pm On Jul 28, 2021
Nicklaus619:

At the end, we are both saying same thing, lion are Territorial, but they are also bullies and smooth criminals especially the male lions, they love stealing the kill of the tigers most times and yes male lions are mostly lazy and they hate hunting, they mostly stay back and wait for the lioness to make a kill, the male lion eats from the kill, bleeps all the concubines in his clan/territory and then roar to continue marking his territory and telling other males to keep off cheesy

The amazing thing is that I have seen where lion kill tiger in many occasion and where tiger kills lions too but the amazing thing is that they don't eat each other after the kill, lion don't eat tiger when it kills it and so are tigers

How can Lion steal Tiger's kill when they don't live in the same vicinity?

I have never seen such except in a controlled habitat.
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by somehow: 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
Segfaultt:
I doubt if tigers and Lions have ever crossed paths.
The former stays in the jungle while the latter resides in the Savannah

Maybe they meant the one in a controlled habitat because both are far away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by somehow: 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
Gadafii:

There is no way on earth one hyena can steal food from any lion either male or female.

They can only do that as a pack and even at that they won't dare such around a pack of Lioness with just 1 lion.
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by somehow: 12:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
Gadafii:
an adult spotted hyena wil stand his ground with an alpha lion, one on one, jaw to jaw.

with a jaw force capable of breaking bones, heart twice that of a lion, a hyena cant easily be ruffled by a single lion...those hyenas are the bandits of the jungle.

aside games, the other cat i know a lion can rough handle is the cheetah

Pure lies.

Maybe you are mixing it up with a leopard/Cheetah
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Veggieseedies:

Tigers don't stay far away from lions, they stay on their own. They don't even walk together but each his/her own. Lions go in packs and everywhere but territorial

When their paths crosses, sure if just a male lion (1male) with the tiger (always alone), the lion gets killed.

If the Lions are in pack, the one tiger will deal a deadly blow to the pack before falling

As a regular viewer of natgeowild, Tiger(s) never a match for Lion(s), the lion will even climb the tree to drag tigers kill from it. Lions win the fight with any other cat family except two hyenas. Leoparda r best climbers so lions can't drag for leopards kill, cuz they climb far

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by Incris: 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2021
goldony:

As a regular viewer of natgeowild, Tiger(s) never a match for Lion(s), the lion will even climb the tree to drag tigers kill from it. Lions win the fight with any other cat family except two hyenas. Leoparda r best climbers so lions can't drag for leopards kill, cuz they climb far

How would a lion drag the kill of a Tiger.. they dont exist in the same habitat in nature. Futher more Tigers are not tree animals.. I think you mean leopards..
An experimented fight has been done before and the Tiger always wins.. is not even fair to put them on the same box. Tigers are lone rangers, the learn to survive on their own. While lions depend on the pride to exist. Tigers are majorly found in East Asia, where Africa savannah plans are the natural habitat for lions...

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by Drizzy5001(m): 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
goldony:

it's not possible Dem never born the Lion well to steal a Tiger's kill, Because the Lion know say if him near the Tiger, him go collect ... They don't even stay in the same environment.
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by nnamdi640: 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2021
Tigers are stronger than Lions, but the only advantage Lions have is that they go in pack while Tigers goes in single.
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by Gadafii: 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
somehow:

There is no way on earth one hyena can steal food from any lion either male or female.

They can only do that as a pack and even at that they won't dare such around a pack of Lioness with just 1 lion.
go to eko savage page on instagram and watch a video of one of his voice overs where a single hyena rushed down to grab an antelope that pretended to be dead to the lion. when the lion protested, the hyena left the antelope to chase away the lion completely...that was when the antelope had the chance to bolt away.

the video is on instagram on the page i mentioned above, watch it ur self

several of such happens between a lion and a hyena, watch natgeowild for more knowlege
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by livingchrist: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
Nice thread. It is well know that hippos have bad temper and very brutal in their fight.

I have never seen a lion attack a group of wilder beast, they seldom hunt alone, the tigers on the other hand, are know to hunt alone, even dangerous animals are part of their menu.

I have seen a single tiger stand off against a herd of wild gaurs. Tigers are efficient killing machines and usually avoid confrontations but when they do fight, they fight like demons.
Tigers are more powerful, intelligent, more equipped with razor like retractable claws and has a longer canine than the lions.

Lions can not stand on their two back hinds when fighting whereas tigers can stand and swipe with a powerful swipe with enough force to break the head of a cow.

Even the small specie of tigers, the sumatran tigers are more agile and faster than its cousin.

There are cases of lions winning a fight against a tiger and most of those times it was an immature tiger or the conditions were rigged against the tiger

There was a case of a sumatran tiger called Chester that fought and warded off seven mature male african lions. The tiger was so fast that even the spectators could hardly keep up with its speed the lions had to flee for their dear lives.

The biggest tiger is the Siberian tiger which is way above an African lion, we can only compare the African lion with the Bengal tiger but unfortunately the Bengal tiger still beat the African lion hands down.

I have to admit the lion looks more kingly and domineering, the lion is a better fight but the tiger is a better killer and so the tiger avoids confrontations with fellow tigers.
The lion has protective mane that will probably save his neck from being severed which the tiger lack and above all the lion has his packs which a tiger doesn't.

So in a fight a number of factors come into play, such as the weight, health and temperament of the individual animals.

While the lions are very temperamental and rarely backs down when it comes to fight combine with the fact that lions can withstand more injuries, since from day one, lions fight, they fight for practically everything, while a tiger rarely fight since they avoid each other, this will give the lion an advantage in a prolonged fight.

The tiger on the other hand, usually avoids fight due to the risk involved, for example an injured tiger will likely die of hunger since it hunts alone while the lion has his pride to hunt for him, but when things become serious and tiger has no where to run to, he usually will fight and they fight like demons, tiger usually will want to kill his opponent and move on but a lion may just want to bully his opponent into submission and this is to the advantage to the tiger and even if the lion wants to kill the tiger.

Tiger are calculative and usually retreat when their aim is not achieved but the lion really backs down for a smaller tiger, the lion may own him but for a tiger equal or bigger than a lion, the tiger will maul him to death.

In real life over 80% fights between the tiger and the lion ended with the lion mauled to death.

In fact there was an incident at a certain zoo where a tiger escaped from its cage and attacked a full grown lion, while the lion's mane protected his neck region from being severed by the single swipe of the tiger but its stomach was not so lucky as it was ripped open living the lion in the pool of his own blood.
Tigers are very dangerous and can be unpredictable.

Meanwhile, instead of pitting this exotic and wonderful animals against each other humans should focus on saving them from going into extinction as the greatest threat against this animals are poachers and illegal hunters.
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by somehow: 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
Gadafii:
go to eko savage page on instagram and watch a video of one of his voice overs where a single hyena rushed down to grab an antelope that pretended to be dead to the lion. when the lion protested, the hyena left the antelope to chase away the lion completely...that was when the antelope had the chance to bolt away.

the video is on instagram on the page i mentioned above, watch it ur self

several of such happens between a lion and a hyena, watch natgeowild for more knowlege

Post the link here.

A lone hyena chasing away a lion, not even a lioness which is also very impossible.
Re: This Is Why Rhinos Can't Mess With Hippos In A Fight by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2021
goldony:

Not completely true

You mean the slander looking, fast Cheetah
They are lightweights while Tigers are heavyweights and cannot be dragged up by any cat family

Within seconds the lion drops the Cheetah.
Lions doesn't climb

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilag Dli Enquiry / Ever Wondered Who The First Professor In The World Was? / 2018/2019 Oou Direct Entry/utme Academic Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.