Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,852 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists (952 Views)

DJ Cuppy Causes Stir Online With Her Weird Outfit As She Models To A Helicopter / 7 Hottest & Sexy Nigerian Models To Follow On Instagram (see Photos) / Mike Ezuruonye To Divorce Wife For Giving Birth To An Albino - Made4naija.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by fancyhandsome(m): 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2021
Engr. Daniel Opuene, the president, Beauty of Africa International Pageant, BAIP, has lambasted brands in Nigeria for opting for musicians and actors while choosing representatives and face ambassadors for their organisations.

According to him, the models and Beauty Queens have been often neglected and denied opportunities while artists enjoy most of the opportunities.

In an interview with DAILY POST, the pageant expert noted that models are the best choice for any commercial advert as common in most European countries and other parts of the world.

Mr Daniel who has been in the fashion and entertainment industry over nearly two decades stressed that the uncanny repudiation has limit most models and should be properly addressed.

"In Nigeria, brands don't place much value on models and queens", says the Bayelsa-born entertainment influencer.

"As an ardent traveller, I have been to many countries and when I see billboards and even watch some of the commercial adverts on television, I see models and crowned beauty queens behind almost all of them and I get intrigued.

"Africa and especially Nigeria needs a total reform on that area. Here, we give most of the jobs suited for models to actresses and even artistes based on the power of their social network presence.

"Imagine a comedian used as an ambassador for a cream or facial beauty brand and you wonder how does this connect?

"Are we being fair enough to people in that chosen career who have devoted much of their time building these exceptional qualities which by far and end gives a brand the much appreciable look from the outside?"

He added that brands should instead look beyond social media influence and choose the right people to represent them.

"I understand that most organisations are looking for immediate sales which can be easily generated by hiring notable entertainers to represent them.

"However, this should be carefully done while also making rooms for models too. I believe there are good models and Beauty Queens who have reputations that will effect any organisation positively. We need to encourage these set of people and be all-inclusive in our selections."

lalasticala
Mynd44
Seun

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/27/baip-president-opuene-urged-organisations-to-ditch-actors-for-models-beauty-queens-in-ads/

Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by Samsonmike22: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2021
He made a good point, however, brands will choose who they want and can't be influenced into doing otherwise.
In Nigeria, there's almost no such thing as "Right way", what we are mostly interested in is immediate results.
If using Davido will give me quick exposure and help my brand grow why should I consider Agbani Darego who may not even push for one single sale from my organisation?

This is like saying I should displease myself to please someone
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by modelssphere(f): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
Samsonmike22:
He made a good point, however, brands will choose who they want and can't be influenced into doing otherwise.
In Nigeria, there's almost no such thing as "Right way", what we are mostly interested in is immediate results.
If using Davido will give me quick exposure and help my brand grow why should I consider Agbani Darego who may not even push for one single sale from my organisation?

There's need to adjust to accommodate all.. Make models see chop too not all the time Nairalanders keep tagging them to running after men. Now someone is fighting for them to be recognised for ads slot.. Rest abeg
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by Cynthiacute25: 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2021
Pageant is now business. Everyone looking for how it will favour them.
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by amazingamaka: 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2021
So if they don't change what will now happen.
Nigerians are funny. See me see wahala, with my money now I still have to choose models to satisfy some certain set of people who feels its models duty to always dun a Bilboard..Odimma grin
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by holyman101: 10:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
Samsonmike22:

Calling for orderliness isn't a bad intention. He stated clearly that although, other niche celebrities have more influence, it shouldn't take away the fact that there are certain people most suited for it.

I still find it very funny on instagram you see all these skit makers signed as ambassador for makeup brands,thats funny honestly.

Its only fair when comedians features in entertainment related advert. I just feel generally, he's trying to correct that impression and project models
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by Michaeljames22: 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
Nice one.. Brands needs to assign roles to the suited people. Abi how do they expect models to make money since they are all against them involving in illicit acts
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by Samsonmike22: 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
modelssphere:

There's need to adjust to accommodate all.. Make models see chop too not all the time Nairalanders keep tagging them to running after men. Now someone is fighting for them to be recognised for ads slot.. Rest abeg

Stop quoting me if you can't understand my point. Before anything, I said he made a good move. Everyone looking for things that favours them, this is Nigeria.
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by Lazyreporta(m): 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
Accommodate
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by bobman22: 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2021
In my country, na wetn work for us we dey do.
Who models help cheesy
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by holyman101: 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
amazingamaka:
So if they don't change what will now happen.
Nigerians are funny. See me see wahala, with my money now I still have to choose models to satisfy some certain set of people who feels its models duty to always dun a Bilboard..Odimma grin

Buhari will be forced to resign. Abi make dem employ one model as SA to the president make e balance
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by modelssphere(f): 11:01am On Jul 29, 2021
holyman101:

Buhari will be forced to resign. Abi make dem employ one model as SA to the president make e balance

Seconded.. If Buhari has to leave for models to get recognised, we don't mind. After all Bandits in North are fighting for their own cut so why can't models fight to get recognized
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by amazingamaka: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
modelssphere:

Seconded.. If Buhari has to leave for models to get recognised, we don't mind. After all Bandits in North are fighting for their own cut so why can't models fight to get recognized

Hehehehe

That man is the problem of everything I swear
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by Samsonmike22: 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2021
No one can preach me out of this reality. Most the guest pageant guys just want what will favour them. If you know you know.
grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by bobman22: 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
Samsonmike22:
No one can preach me out of this reality. Most the guest pageant guys just want what will favour them. If you know you know.
grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Don't draw conclusions though, like this assumption that everyone is bad is a bad thought. That's how white people look at blacks and thinks everyone down here in Africa is bad. Lets evolve from this thought. My small put
Re: Baip President,Opuene Blasts Brands For Giving Jobs Suited For Models To Artists by unofficialmadman: 11:47am On Jul 30, 2021
This pageant people again. Is this the only pageant in Nigeria, why is he the only one in the news lately.
Until there are voices from other ones too. Most beautiful girl in Nigeria and maybe miss Nigeria, not sure there will be anything done to change this narrative.

Actors, artiste has more influence that will affect brands positively. So if I have Wizkid to endorse my cream brand I will now leave him and choose one yeye model? Who dem help?

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija Lockdown Stars, Laycon, Erica, Nengi, Spotted Hanging Out Last Night / PIGCASSO, SA’s Famous Pig Saved From Slaughterhouse Sells Painting For £20K (PIX / Sis. Osinachi Nwachukwu's song was used to mock/berate Me for not Marrying my Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.