Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only (24354 Views)

CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest / CBN Orders DMBs To Sell FOREX To Customers / CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Rebuke: 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
Noise maker...

By the time abokis drag yhu to their father, yhu story go change.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Seniorwriter(m): 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-cbn-to-sell-forex-to-banks-only/

Clueless Incompetent CBN Governor....

@Seniorwriter
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Splitmind: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
Well done CBN
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by saintmm(m): 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
This man wants to sack buhari's brothers from business. Hope you don't have skeleton in the cupboard, because they will come for your head.

BTW, hope forex will still be available for average Nigerian because..........
It is well.

I rise
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Ekpekus(m): 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
Na today dem don dey talk am?
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by RuneKingThor: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
paddyDIGITAL:

This is a clear case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Why do you say so?
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Simplythebest: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
Thats what they should have done since. Is only this country u have people selling foreign currency on the street without any accurate records.
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by ba7man(m): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
The banks will in turn give them to these same BDCs to continue selling the forex at exorbitant rates and collect their cuts.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by SouthSouth1914: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
They will still access the same dollars in the banks. This is not a solution. Emefiele you are rubbish!

You only took the process back to the way it was before. It was banks that were selling dollars to BEDC through black market!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by alizma: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
Get ready for higher rates

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by All4fun: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
Forex itself na scam......with a second .....boom you don poor

Forex be like cryptocurrency look very well CRY dey inside

1 Like

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Arabaincubus: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
The CBN is continuously attending an endless school for the wrong education. I find it difficult to describe this group of people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
It will end up in the hand of the BDC. Nothing CBN has not done to ensure that $ is at low bay but activities of BDC is jeopardize their efforts.
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by tritt(m): 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
I agree with you.

shadeyinka:
Watch the price of everything go up.

To buy a car, you can't get forex from the CBN (it is not covered in their policies)
To purchase Electronics, Phones etc , you can't get forex from the CBN (it is not covered in their policies)
and
For small-time business people like us, first the CBN has reduced monthly spending limit to $100 (insignificant)

I predict $1 will be sold at N780

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by fenibak: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
We don't care, buhari brothers have already looted the country dry, after allowing corruption to enrich buharis families now you want to stop it. Even the banks are criminals but it is a good move but late
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by UncommonLogic: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
The most clueless and useless CBN Governor EVER.
Why this dumbo is still in this position is astonishing.
This guy with his often clueless and directionless policies have contributed in large part to the bad economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Godkiaz: 4:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
CBN be doing trial and error with our economy.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by blackmantis: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
Is it still not the same thing. The bdc's would simply mop up the dollars from willing bank employees.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Geeman2006: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
Now bankers will start their own racket.

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by HundredWays(m): 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
MasterRahl:
angry

Emefiele and his numerous policies undecided. Let's see how things will go.

This!
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Elchechereche2: 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
Naira is fading away....time to join the Crypto revolution. Download pi network app from play store and use the code-DorianD. We are very early
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by systimax(m): 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
In my opinion, what I feel this will do is that the CBN governor has introduced another layer of handling which will of course lead to multiple profiteering before it gets to the common man.

The Commercial banks would also prefer to sell back to BDC before of profit and turnover.

BDC will in turn add it's own profit and finally dictate what and when to re sell.

It's just a pure circle of rat racing.

5 Likes

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by wellmax(m): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
Good move.

The black market for forex is already turning into the only market.

It is not good for the economy.

Everybody should go and buy from the banks

1 Like

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hmmm..... it's almost impossible trying to get dollar from bank, from asking you for form m to this and that....mehn it's is well with this country o
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by vision2050: 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
Okay
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Mitsurugi(m): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
shadeyinka:
Watch the price of everything go up.

To buy a car, you can't get forex from the CBN (it is not covered in their policies)
To purchase Electronics, Phones etc , you can't get forex from the CBN (it is not covered in their policies)
and
For small-time business people like us, first the CBN had reduced monthly spending limit to $100 (insignificant)
Until a citizen can walk into a bank and buy dollars even if it is a limited quantity to fund small business

I predict $1 will be sold at N780

I'm not an economist but I believe the CBN will better regulate the banks. Though I don't see this policy lasting beyond two weeks
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Awoleesu(m): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:
The banks are the worst perpetrators of this act. They will hoard it to make it scares scarce to the common man.
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Yankee101: 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
Round tripping
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
Buy USD/NGN Now!.... If you're new to forex, this is the simplest example of forex trading..... Forex trading is the surest online hustle that gives you what want if you have the right tools and start up capital. FOREX TRADING IS NOT A SCAM AND IT IS NOT GAMBLING AS SOME LOOSER SAID.
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by Umaruxoxo(m): 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
Which kind yeye play be this .oya refund our money wen we take registered
Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by wellmax(m): 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
systimax:
In my opinion, what I feel this will do is that the CBN governor has introduced another layer of handling which will of course lead to multiple profiteering before it gets to the common man.

The Commercial banks would also prefer to sell back to BDC before of profit and turnover.

BDC will in turn add it's own profit and finally dictate what and when to re sell.

It's just a pure circle of rat racing.

I think the BDC should be weakened. We cannot be at thier mercies.

You hardly get forex from any banks except BTA or PTA.

Let the banks handle the bulk of forex.
Yes, the banks and some bankers will get richer, but please let us do things right.

BDC still have a place, but should not be the major market players

1 Like

Re: CBN To Supply FOREX To Banks Only by zickyclef: 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2021
Make bank increase our limit joor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Economic Crisis: Naira To Fall Further In January, Says CBN Report / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. / Huawei Is Selling Off Its Undersea Cable Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.