Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago (50210 Views)

My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day / I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Fantazy(m): 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2021
EBUBS:

Can't I see for like 150/180?

For where?
Na fowl u wan buy?
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Splashme: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Firewood alone is now N100,000

Fulani have destroyed this country.

Sad

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by chikason22(m): 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
shocked shocked
Ishilove:

You can see the baby for 100k. The two weeks old calf
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by chikason22(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
pocohantas:
Wedding ceremonies are not compulsory, especially now that we are in perilous times.

I don’t know how you will write that list with numerous zeros and sleep well at night. The only people that write the price of groundnut oil and tin tomatoes themselves are people working on a very tight budget. Else you will handover the cooking to a caterer and she would multiply a plate by your estimated number of guests (e.g) N750 * 300 guests. How many litres of oil she uses wouldn’t be your business.

If you have to sit like this to bother your head about prices and inflation, scratch it. Have an indoor trad in her father’s sitting room, proceed to a registry if you want.

This is 2021 for God’s sake. The people you want to come for a wedding, some of us do not even have money for transport. If we come, we no fit spray you pass 2k.
Well spoken. That's exactly what I will do. There is marriage after that one day ceremony abeg.
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2021
EBUBS:

Can't I see for like 150/180?
Yes sir, however it's not that big.
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by MYHUBBY: 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
taretoofine:
I go need you for my wedding planning Surely I will keep in touch

no problem bro

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Munzy14(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2021
EBUBS:
I wrote this wedding estimate four years ago thinking I'll get married but it didn't work out again. tongue

But with the way things are going in my current relationship I think it's going to happen this year grin.

So please if you know the updated price for the items on the list please drop it here so I'll upgrade it. I know say things don expensive cry
Thank for the feedback
grin
Ebubs as you are calculating this things like this, I tire o...Isn't it obvious you are not well balanced for this?

The ceremony is the reggae, after the ceremony comes the real marriage(the blues)...where you are to spend more everyday you breathe.....

From this list one can rough estimate the type of wedding you wanted...In this current Inflation, if you wan go run this yourself, just keep a million plus...chai money weh you go even add small money buy small direct toks car make your wife use am the do school run for your kids..cheesy

Well, everyone has a dream wedding to wet their fantasies..I will advise you involve caterers and multiply number of plates..But know this, no wedding has ever won a medal for most elaborate...or say best...

But couples can celebrate diamond jubilee and multiple awards for being role models to younger couples or intending couples..

Finally, to that your list, begin to tripple prices you have there...cheesy
I see 4bags of rice 32k grin Maybe I was reading daily times of 1990...lmao..

Cow 100k, maybe na cow them demote to goat status..grin

You never add clothing sef, venue rent, dj money, band, transport and accommodations for friends, family and in-laws...lol

E no easy...

I rather do a 50persons getogether stuff and zoom off with my wife to a calm place and enjoy ourself away from daily stress and hustle ...come back and upgrade living standard than impressing people who will eat everything and still talk down on me say the meat no big na maggi cube size them cut amgrin

Or use ghana must go pack food meant for everyone only for it to sour in their kitchen...

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by osazsky(m): 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2021
White and traditional with hall...3.6m
Guest 700 white
Trad 300 guest
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Gfskw: 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
Really
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by RIDOO: 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
Machinegun91:
Wedding or weeding?

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by ospreywin(m): 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
Pocohantas and ishilove.... God bless you both. You graced this thread with the most sensible thing I want to read.

Get your vehicle documents hassle free check my signature below.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by ospreywin(m): 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
Munzy14:

grin
Ebubs as you are calculating this things like this, I tire o...Isn't it obvious you are not well balanced for this?

The ceremony is the reggae, after the ceremony comes the real marriage(the blues)...where you are to spend more everyday you breathe.....

From this list one can rough estimate the type of wedding you wanted...In this current Inflation, if you wan go run this yourself, just keep a million plus...chai money weh you go even add small money buy small direct toks car make your wife use am the do school run for your kids..cheesy

Well, everyone has a dream wedding to wet their fantasies..I will advise you involve caterers and multiply number of plates..But know this, no wedding has ever won a medal for most elaborate...or say best...

But couples can celebrate diamond jubilee and multiple awards for being role models to younger couples or intending couples..

You never add clothing sef, venue rent, dj money, band, transport and accommodations for friends, family and in-laws...lol

E no easy...

I rather do a 50persons getogether stuff and zoom off with my wife to a calm place and enjoy ourself away from daily stress and hustle ...come back and upgrade living standard than impressing people who will eat everything and still talk down on me say the meat no big na maggi cube size them cut amgrin

Or use ghana must go pack food meant for everyone only for it to sour in their kitchen...

Lmaooo.... You're so funny..... God bless you for the advice.... I can say it's directed to me.
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Tapout(m): 6:14pm On Jul 28, 2021
This is one hilarious thread grin grin
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by snoopz: 6:15pm On Jul 28, 2021
Just add 100k to each List you go dey alright grin
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Roon9(m): 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Wetin dey worry una for this page na grin grin
This is hilarious

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Hungarriman: 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2021
pocohantas:

Omo! Ishi, if my children wan see my wedding picture, make them imagine am for their head. They should get creative abi imaginative, because I ain’t doing nothing!

Nigerian youths should start using their heads. They can organize a photoshoot if they want pictures for memory. After that, go for a honeymoon in a nearby African country. That is a whole lot better than sweating inside one hall while dancing skelewu, watching people drag foofoo, jollof rice and souvenirs, greeting unknown faces, including the ones that don’t mind tying your womb if they could. grin

I have the right to advise them because it is us they would want to sell 3yards asoebi for @ 25k. It is still us they would expect to spray them money that they can use to recoup their wedding expenses. It is us they will want to borrow money from after wedding. It is even worse when you are single because they assume you have no responsiblities. Whether single or married…they don’t spare us of their expectations. So I won’t spare them my advice!

Thank you.
Hahaha....poco on beast mode
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by buzorcharles(m): 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
Liar. I did mine same 4 years ago. Rice was 16k , cow was 160k, goat was 26k.

Unless u are living in the north where food is subsidized
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by DaRuud(m): 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2021
Why you just the wedding during lockdown last year or better still , during Cubana Mama Burial , most people don go Oba

EBUBS:
I wrote this wedding estimate four years ago thinking I'll get married but it didn't work out again. tongue

But with the way things are going in my current relationship I think it's going to happen this year grin.

So please if you know the updated price for the items on the list please drop it here so I'll upgrade it. I know say things don expensive cry
Thank for the feedback
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by cococandy(f): 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
grin grin
pocohantas:
Wedding ceremonies are not compulsory, especially now that we are in perilous times.

I don’t know how you will write that list with numerous zeros and sleep well at night. The only people that write the price of groundnut oil and tin tomatoes themselves are people working on a very tight budget. Else you will handover the cooking to a caterer and she would multiply a plate by your estimated number of guests (e.g) N750 * 300 guests. How many litres of oil she uses wouldn’t be your business.

If you have to sit like this to bother your head about prices and inflation, scratch it. Have an indoor trad in her father’s sitting room, proceed to a registry if you want.

This is 2021 for God’s sake. The people you want to come for a wedding, some of us do not even have money for transport. If we come, we no fit spray you pass 2k.
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by mutfad: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
2K much oo for this kind economy

Follow advice @Op and save your head

pocohantas:

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Acidosis(m): 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
4 bags of rice? Guy, do you want to feed a whole local government area in Lagos state?

My advice: don't waste your money! Nigerian wedding ceremony is one of the most useless things in the world right now.

You are a fool if you think inviting a thousand people or feeding 500 people will impress anybody asides from your photographer, caterer, and event planner. These three are the biggest winners while your yet-to-kick-off family is the loser.

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by MummyD2020(f): 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
If only this guy knows what lies ahead, he will just run the wedding codedly in his parlour. The life after that few hours is more significant. Dont suffer that lady with hunger o. Kids are too expensive. Quality if life matter alot. Lastly, Cut your coat according to your cloth
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by delpee(f): 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
@OP
The days of "loud" weddings are over for average people. Starting from the cost of hiring the event centre and decorations, you'll find that the expenses can be outrageous. Food is a different matter. Your old budget has no bearing to today's realities.

It's not worth all the headache anyway. No matter how grand it is, people will still find something to complain about. It's wise to have a low key wedding with family and close friends in attendance.

Save your funds towards a mortgage and childcare needs in the near future.
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by 234GT(m): 11:31pm On Jul 28, 2021
akaahs:

I did mine in May, up till date I'm yet to recover financially.

It is normal Sir.

You will soon be fine and doing exploits. I recovered fully 3 months after my wedding.

I am happy I spent the money. It is a once in a lifetime experience.

People who had Corona wedding have not become Dangote.

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by iguita: 1:09am On Jul 29, 2021
Cow wey him write as 100k sef don turn about 350k
TarOrfeeek:

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by CICONTOP(m): 1:32am On Jul 29, 2021
pocohantas:

Omo! Ishi, if my children wan see my wedding picture, make them imagine am for their head. They should get creative abi imaginative, because I ain’t doing nothing!

Nigerian youths should start using their heads. They can organize a photoshoot if they want pictures for memory. After that, go for a honeymoon in a nearby African country. That is a whole lot better than sweating inside one hall while dancing skelewu, watching people drag foofoo, jollof rice and souvenirs, greeting unknown faces, including the ones that don’t mind tying your womb if they could. grin

I have the right to advise them because it is us they would want to sell 3yards asoebi for @ 25k. It is still us they would expect to spray them money that they can use to recoup their wedding expenses. It is us they will want to borrow money from after wedding. It is even worse when you are single because they assume you have no responsiblities. Whether single or married…they don’t spare us of their expectations. So I won’t spare them my advice!

Thank you.

You're correct. One of my friends who got married recently, nearly used me as his ATM. When It became too much, I confronted him. He told me that I don't have any responsibility yet.... Whaaaaaat?
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by EBUBS(m): 1:54am On Jul 29, 2021
Munzy14:

grin

E no easy...

Thank you sir.. best comment

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 29, 2021
CICONTOP:

You're correct. One of my friends who got married recently, nearly used me as his ATM. When It became too much, I confronted him. He told me that I don't have any responsibility yet.... Whaaaaaat?

My bro, same here in 2019 oh. A distant friend that that just concluded his wedding called me a day after to borrow some money, Omo I didn't borrow him lol. Even though I had the money, why would someone be planning a wedding without a proper budget.

Same thing happened 2 months ago again, another distant friend called me, omo I didn't send any money oh.\

Now none of them talk to me again. Well life goes on, I cannot allow myself to be sent back to the village because of bad debt from distant friends over wedding.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 3:19am On Jul 29, 2021
sholikay:
Kai!. Had it been my ex-girlfriend,reason like this way you reason so,we for dey look forward to our wedding day soonest...but she labeled me a poor thinker or someone with negative mindset... I told her it's not about negative mindset of not being buoyant to cater for luxury wedding, but I don't fancy all those one day noise..I prefer giving her (fiancee) the extra money budgeted for large wedding,if we eventually agree to a small wedding.. she said lai!.. lai!.. ooo...that was how we parted ways... Blaming me for being a negative thinker,hence she can't roll with such person not to talk of marrying..

It is the Nigerian dating culture, a lot of women want to hang their beautiful pictures of that day. Some want Bella Naija to post those pictures. Some women fantasize about their wedding day since 12 years old. A lot of pressure of that from the ladies to be fair.

It's best to put all your cards on the table, so she can know how much you can afford from the jump because It seems ladies don't really think of anything apart from the wedding day which is so annoying because there is so much to worry about after the wedding itself.

Somehow some women just expect everything to fall in place magically after the wedding, House, Rent, Car, Relocation, Funds for Children etc. and Extra funds for Wife's siblings lol.
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 29, 2021
pocohantas:

This is exactly what I have planned in mind when my own wedding bells starts ringing. Person gat sow gown according to her size.
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by tasland(m): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
[quote author=akaahs post=104182225]
I did mine in May, up till date I'm yet to recover financially.[/quote same here oooo but I tank say o know borrow to do am na all my savings disappeared am yet to continue the saving ooo
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by shantti(m): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2021
sync:
Na wa o, you must be a very stingy man making list like a woman even down to curry and thyme.
Why not just make wholesome rough estimates for food and drinks

Stingy kwa, for his own money, money that he sweated for, money that nobody gave him, money that u wouldn't even give him if he had begged u to. Please stop tagging people stingy with their own money if u r not the one that gave it to them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Neighbour Punishes His 16-year-old Daughter By Stripping Her Unclad / Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? / Nigerian Couple Seeking Divorce Storm Court In Matching Outfit(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.