Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs (37344 Views)

CBN formalises dollar sales to BDCs as naira improves / Bitcoin Value Falls After China Declares Crypto-Currency Transactions Illegal / CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs (2) (3) (4)

Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by BusinessDream: 9:17am On Jul 28, 2021
Hangmnk:
Buhari is weak... Keeping the criminal IPOB terrorists emefiele as a governor for this long is so foolish.

Fire Emifiele. enough is enough. Dude doesn't know anything about his actual work.

What he knows best is bending for the Kaduna Mafia and Katsina cartels
you are the foolish one cos you fail to realize that he has been doing exactly what Buhari and his cohorts wants him to do.
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by lonelydora: 9:20am On Jul 28, 2021
Hangmnk:
Buhari is weak... Keeping the criminal IPOB terrorists emefiele as a governor for this long is so foolish.

Fire Emifiele. enough is enough. Dude doesn't know anything about his actual work.

Emefiele is more interested in saving his job than saving the economy

Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 28, 2021
Welcome back to January 2017. $$ is going to 1000 Naira soon.
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by zolajpower: 9:24am On Jul 28, 2021
Hangmnk:

Like a farmer who blames his Cutlass for lazy Job , same way you lot condemned Jonathan and enthrone the Dullard of daura . And now this man emefiele ...... Ask your self this question can you do the job of emefiele and not get criticized by your village people
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Geometrix(m): 9:25am On Jul 28, 2021
Do you the difference between monetary and fiscal policies?
You are actually right, buhari is weak,he has no well defined fiscal policy and emefiele is doing both his job and buhari own.

What he knows best is bending for the Kaduna Mafia and Katsina cartels[/quote]
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Navalsadiq(m): 9:25am On Jul 28, 2021
Lies lies the dollar is doing 515, 520 naira as against 1 dollar

That's a wrong move by the CBN.The dollar will go excessively very high against the naira

There will be scarcity of the dollar

The banks will act worse than BDC'S

Call 08123640189 for gud rates

We buy and sell the dollar
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by 12345baba(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2021
Nice move but can the banks handle heat?
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by RodgersAkpafu: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2021
Hangmnk:

Hope everything is alright with you undecided
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by paddyofboss(m): 9:28am On Jul 28, 2021
Hangmnk:

Try and have sense now. Download on the internet if it's so difficult for u
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Softmojo(m): 9:28am On Jul 28, 2021
Trial and error economics
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Dukeolumidemans(m): 9:29am On Jul 28, 2021
And this is good news to a few people and bad news to a lot of people...omo forex make sense die. Nigga just got richer!!! grin grin grin tongue
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by tunapawizzy: 9:30am On Jul 28, 2021
The policy is just the best thing to do, the concern is whether waivers won't be granted to some select few. CBN over the years (not under this useless Buhari alone) created the monster called BDCs. They will fight back this policy in all forms. BDC licenses are held by people bigger than Emefiele himself.
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by jaxxy(m): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2021
A country driving in reverse gear since...19##
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:41am On Jul 28, 2021
lloydtruth:
No longer need, everything is falling in this country.
Everything is falling o. Even one Angel appear for BBN with fallen boobs. cheesy

Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by tunapawizzy: 9:42am On Jul 28, 2021
FarahAideed:

No they won't ..Bank managers will sell all their allocation back to Abokis and become rich rich ...we have been here ..the only thing that will work is finding a process of getting the forex directly to users and that's not possible
It is possible. It's just the Nigerian banks along with CBN are too useless to deliver that....what is too difficult in expanding operations to cover retail sales. They all have foreign operations unit already, just increase manpower and sell to people

Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 28, 2021
Navalsadiq:
Lies lies the dollar is doing 515, 520 naira as against 1 dollar

That's a wrong move by the CBN.The dollar will go excessively very high against the naira

There will be scarcity of the dollar

The banks will act worse than BDC'S

Call 08123640189 for gud rates

We buy and sell the dollar

U selling at 400? What makes your rate different?

Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by lereinter(m): 9:43am On Jul 28, 2021
Godwin is just knowing

I don't know what food aboki will be given now
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Splitmind: 9:43am On Jul 28, 2021
Wickedfact:

When you hear fools like this talk, you will think his father is qualified to be CBN Governor. This is an Aboki whose father is an apprentice cobbler but thinks he has a say in who becomes CBN Governor.

Bloody Igbos should not be near any part of the government
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:44am On Jul 28, 2021
I don't think CBN governor has the charisma to turnaround Naira to appreciate against Dollar because i has observed that in the last one year so many policies have been adopted but all to know avail.
I suggest the CBN governor should be replaced with a sound mind technocrat to turnaround Naira exchange rate.
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Dee60: 9:46am On Jul 28, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
It's a welcome development the cbn stop the sales to them....the problem now is, will th banks perform better?

NO.

Just look at history. Banks are worse with forex.
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by omoluka: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2021
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Havertz10: 9:49am On Jul 28, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Navalsadiq(m): 9:52am On Jul 28, 2021
Icumsa45:

CBN doesn't even give at 400
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Navalsadiq(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2021
Icumsa45:

if you have the dollar and you want to sell I will offer you a gud rate

My location is abuja
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by mrphysics(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
It's a welcome development the cbn stop the sales to them....the problem now is, will th banks perform better?
The problem is the banks. When they get forex, someone within the bank will call BDC and sell everything to them. Ordinary people only see signs of FX displayed in the banks. When you request for forex, they will tell you it's not available.

Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by popesco123: 9:56am On Jul 28, 2021
Hangmnk:

NIiarland will not see your senseless comment now but whenever I decide to give you insult that will ever sadden the rest of your miserable life whenever you remembers it , they will caution me. let me just hold it. I am coming for idiyots like you later.
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by SouthSouth1914: 9:58am On Jul 28, 2021
blaise26abj:
Emiefele is a thief . During PDP , there was little profit margin on dollars for BDCs. Everything was sane .

Because Nigeria has an import based economy ,they made good money even with 2-5 naira profit margin .
But that idiot decided to run a 2 fx rate regime by fixing government rates and starving Nigerians from accessing dollars thereby creating a high demand that is majorly serviced by black market /BDCs .

My take is that they are doing this to make dollar hit 650 naira in the black market and they will over-cash out . 2023 election money in mind . Then they will revert back . Because BDCs are majorly a Hausa/Fulani monopoly from way back . This ban can’t last. Quote me if they don’t reverse this policy in 3-4 months MAX

Word!!
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Seun360(m): 9:59am On Jul 28, 2021
Ernerstdavid55:
angry maybe i start hoading doller for fucture

Olodo.
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by bibbiana(f): 10:01am On Jul 28, 2021
Almost everything is falling in Nigeria

Register and earn when you perform daily tasks. No harm in trying, as you must not pay before you earn.
http://www.goldenlion.top/#/register/0015881
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by Lordsonn: 10:06am On Jul 28, 2021
This is a good news to me. I work as a lecturer online with an European University. I get my earnings in dollars. Hmmm. E go better very soon...
Re: Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs by adonainana: 10:06am On Jul 28, 2021
Sometimes everything will be going normal, someone will just wake up and take a decision that will affect millions without an alternatuvr plan

If you were going to ban forex to BDC, for months now you would have secretly funded a plan to make forex available through banks etc

By now limits on naira cards should have been removed, it’s just common sense

By now you would have even fined or banned banks from selling to bdc and blacklisted some of them that were round tripping

Like it’s just common sense

Now the price of dollar will increase versus the naira , then people will say why did you ban it in the first place, then you will change your mind and say you have been assured by the head of BDCs in Nigeria, bdc will not disboye the laws again . But by then a lot of people would have cashed out and what goes up in Nigeria rarely goes down

Similar to the border closure too last year, a country that can not even feed itself, closing borders to countries that sends food to feed her lol then you wonder why food prices are up

Then when you realize food prices are up you now open the border back, and remember what goes up never comes down back

What sort of policies are these

How Late Ossy Ojukwu Saved His Boy Who Stole His $20,000 From Being Lynched / Halima Dangote Dresses For The Dangote Foundation Fundraiser / Ikeja City Mall At Alausa