Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed (18825 Views)

Ondo: Akeredolu’s Planned Return Sets Acting Gov In Panic Mode / Yoruba Nation: Stay Away From Ondo, Akeredolu Warns Igboho, Others / Justice Mary Odili In Supreme Court Panel Reviewing Bayelsa Election Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by senatordave1(m): 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
bakila:

Did you read the facts of the case or the Judgment of the Supreme Court. Three Justices agreed with Jegede while four decided for Akeredolu.

Hmmm.please,can you give us the full facts?
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by chloride6: 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
senatordave1:

Was it not you that was arguing with me about Andy uba's qualification?

Oya collect stout

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by senatordave1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
chloride6:

Oya collect stout

Senator Andy uba is the next Governor of anambra...this might affect Andy uba
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by izubext007: 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2021
Democracy play her role if jegede won....mumu
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by bakila: 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2021
senatordave1:

How? Was it a split judgment? How can 2 judges outnumber a panel of 5-7?
In addition to Agim and Okoro.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Seerade029: 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2021
senatordave1:

Very very.it was a pre election matter,was supposed to be filed by an apc aspirant.cc seer.ade.fergie001, come and give us the full judgment

The Supreme Court in 4 to 3 Judgment has dismissed the appeal filed by the PDP and its candidate Eyitayo Jegede against the election of Rotimi Akeredolu as governor of Ondo state
In a Majority Judgment the Apex court held that it is not in dispute that governor Buni is the acting chairman of the party in breach of section 183 of the constitution.
The appeal was based on the ground that Mai Mala Buni was holding position as the acting chairman of APC while a governor.
Governor Buni was not made a party as he was the center of the issue.
The governor who was alleged to have breached the constitution ought to have been made a party in the petition to answer to the allegations.
The court affirms the decision of the lower court that the petition was incompetent.
In a dissenting judgment Justice Mary Odili held that the APC submitted the name of Rotimi Akeredolu to INEC through its nomination form signed governor Buni who is a sitting governor.
She held that as a governor the constitution barred Buni from acting in dual capacities as a governor and party executive.
Aligning himself with the dissenting Judgment Justice Ejembi Ekwo held the position of the majority judgment that governor Buni was not added as a part is not attainable because when you have the principle you need not add the agent.
Justice Ibrahim Saulawa also adopted the minority Judgment.

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Tolani1122(m): 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2021
What party is the white head man from?
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Seerade029: 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2021
Tolani1122:
What party is the white head man from?

APC

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Seerade029: 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2021
Congratulations to Aketi
I was really afraid that My Governor will be out of Alagbaka House embarassed

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by senatordave1(m): 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
Seerade029:

The Supreme Court in 4 to 3 Judgment has dismissed the appeal filed by the PDP and its candidate Eyitayo Jegede against the election of Rotimi Akeredolu as governor of Ondo state
In a Majority Judgment the Apex court held that it is not in dispute that governor Buni is the acting chairman of the party in breach of section 183 of the constitution.
The appeal was based on the ground that Mai Mala Buni was holding position as the acting chairman of APC while a governor.
Governor Buni was not made a party as he was the center of the issue.
The governor who was alleged to have breached the constitution ought to have been made a party in the petition to answer to the allegations.
The court affirms the decision of the lower court that the petition was incompetent.
In a dissenting judgment Justice Mary Odili held that the APC submitted the name of Rotimi Akeredolu to INEC through its nomination form signed governor Buni who is a sitting governor.
She held that as a governor the constitution barred Buni from acting in dual capacities as a governor and party executive.
Aligning himself with the dissenting Judgment Justice Ejembi Ekwo held the position of the majority judgment that governor Buni was not added as a part is not attainable because when you have the principle you need not add the agent.
Justice Ibrahim Saulawa also adopted the minority Judgment.

This is very dangerous for apc.they need to elect a new chairman very fast before any election or at least force buni to resign and the secretary john udoedehe takes over for now
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by senatordave1(m): 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
Seerade029:
Congratulations to Aketi
I was really afraid that My Governor will be out of Alagbaka House embarassed

Almost
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Seerade029: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
senatordave1:

This is very dangerous for apc.they need to elect a new chairman very fast before any election or at least force buni to resign and the secretary john udoedehe takes over for now

Yes, else...hmmm
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by senatordave1(m): 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
bakila:

In addition to Agim and Okoro.

A narrow and dangerous victory
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Tolani1122(m): 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2021
Seerade029:

APC
na them
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Pennywise(m): 2:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
Akeredolu is a Brave man. He is a direct opposite of Simon Lalong the Fulani puppet and stooge. If he can make such brave pronouncement as a Governor being challenged in the Supreme court, imagine now that he is free
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Seun360(m): 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
iamtardey:
Abeg commot dia dah guy no get money

The guy go feed your papa without sweat till he leaves mother earth.

Take that to the bank.

Quote me and trailer jam your mama.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by OmoOshodi(m): 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
ATEAMS:
Mr Jeg is a sore loser...

Y not settle outta court, hungry man them..
he's not as hungry as your pathetic family.....insulting a senior advocate of Nigeria,craving for justice.... cos of the 30k per month that you receive.

My pain is Jegede should have known...Justice is dead and buried in Nigeria.

He's only trying to expose then the more

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2021
senatordave1:

Very very.it was a pre election matter,was supposed to be filed by an apc aspirant.cc , Indispensable85 come and give us the full judgment
4-3 was predictable? That was damn close....All the same, it is OK by me.

Na waoh... They escaped and have opened a hole for any member of the Party to go to Court.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by senatordave1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

Na waoh... They escaped and have opened a hole for any member of the Party to go to Court.

Andy uba is in danger plus any apc candidate in any election this year.they should have made it a pre election case
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2021
senatordave1:

Andy uba is in danger plus any apc candidate in any election this year.they should have made it a pre election case

I AGREE WITH YOU, THIS IS A PYRRHIC VICTORY.

Andy Uba is in trouble.....He has already lost an election, he is yet to participate in, cos I know PDP will likely use Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN if APC wins the election.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by President99: 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2021
More trouble for fulani herdsmen
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 3:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
senatordave1:

Anambra is gone however......
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by senatordave1(m): 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

Anambra is gone however......

Not yet...akpanudoedehe can always sign
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by senatordave1(m): 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

I AGREE WITH YOU, THIS IS A PYRRHIC VICTORY.

Andy Uba is in trouble.....He has already lost an election, he is yet to participate in, cos I know PDP will likely use Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN if APC wins the election.

That is if pdp participate in it
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
senatordave1:
That is if PDP participate in it

They don't need to....they will sponsor the legal case on behalf of another Party.

senatordave1:

Not yet...akpanudoedehe can always sign
Sign how?
The necessary forms to be signed have been signed already.

It is already in the possession of INEC nah....
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by senatordave1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

They don't need to....they will sponsor the legal case on behalf of another Party.

Sign how?
It is already in the possession of INEC nah....

It can be amended or switched
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
senatordave1:
It can be amended or switched

When this case dey hot like this? The Appeal Court said the Signature of the National Chairman....when they submitted Uba's name.

...the deed has been done already bro.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by senatordave1(m): 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

When this case dey hot like this? The Appeal Court said the Signature of the National Chairman....when they submitted Uba's name.

...the deed has been done already bro.

No dey underestimate people.Andy uba is a crook,the switching must have been concluded
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Seerade029: 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

You don't know how happy I am cheesy
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2021
senatordave1:

No dey underestimate people.Andy uba is a crook,the switching must have been concluded
My bro.....When a form is given to the candidate who won the Primary, there is a column for the National Chairman to sign.

INEC will not accept another. The stuffs had long been submitted since beginning of July.

...what's done is done.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Seerade029:
You don't know how happy I am cheesy
Everyone knew Buni's Chairmanship was in gross violation of the Constitution. Sadly, he knows that himself.

For any other APC Gov, I would be sad with this judgement...for Aketi, I am cool with it.

Let it go to the next victim grin grin

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Seerade029: 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

Everyone knew Buni's Chairmanship was in gross violation of the Constitution. Sadly, he knows that himself.

For any other APC Gov, I would be sad with this judgement...for Aketi, I am cool with it.

Let it go to the next victim grin grin

grin are you by any chance saying ..... Ubah grin
Meaning if they fail to compose themselves b4 Anambra election, they're gone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akeredolu Thanks President Buhari As Bitumen Exploitation Commences In Ondo / Anyone Who Says 2023 Is His Turn Is Making A Huge Mistake – Kwankwaso / Some Brainy Quotes By Obasanjo