Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed (18821 Views)

Ondo: Akeredolu’s Planned Return Sets Acting Gov In Panic Mode / Yoruba Nation: Stay Away From Ondo, Akeredolu Warns Igboho, Others / Justice Mary Odili In Supreme Court Panel Reviewing Bayelsa Election Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
ejimatic:
. It seems from the beginning. Jegede had no plan for a serious allegation but intereated in judicial academic exercise That is why he lost consecutively three times. Using signature matter to win electoral appeal as an outsider in the party where there are hundreds of serious appeals on election matters.He is supposed to have known better as a SAN in the country. He himself only knows his objective
in his incompetent appeal. Congratulations to the winner.
Incompetent appeal?

Then a 4-3 verdict?

You don't understand this case @ all.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by ejimatic: 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

Incompetent appeal?

Then a 4-3 verdict?

. As ur lordship pleases
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
ejimatic:
. As ur lordship pleases
We Rise... Anambra is already affected.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by ejimatic: 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

Incompetent appeal?

Then a 4-3 verdict?

. You don't go for an appeal that will generate different opinions but the one that will be absolute and capable of giving what you desire .Tribunal struck it on the ground of incompetence .Same at the AC and SC. That it is 4:3 at the SC shows the weakness of the case case to achieve his aim.Why not 4 1 4 2 or 4 0 in his favour? Opinions on the judgement may vary but I still believe he had no ground for any appeal but flimsy reason that CAN NEVER have effect on the results of the election ..Signature matter from somebody who is not in APC ? You will use it to overturn the results of the election? JEGECDE should have known matter when delibrating on the strengths and weaknesses of the case
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by ejimatic: 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

We Rise... Anambra is already affected.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2021
ejimatic:
. You don't go for an appeal that will generate different opinions but the one that will be absolute and capable of giving what you desire .Tribunal struck it on the ground of incompetence .Same at the AC and SC. That it is 4:3 at the SC shows the weakness of the case case to achieve his aim.Why not 4 1 4 2 or 4 0 in his favour? Opinions on the judgement may vary but I still believe he had no ground for any appeal but flimsy reason that CAN NEVER have effect on the results of the election ..Signature matter from somebody who is not in APC ? You will use it to overturn the results of the election? JEGECDE should have known matter when delibrating on the strengths and weaknesses of the case
Huh.... senatordave1 help me here.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by ejimatic: 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

Huh.... senatordave1 help me here.
. I maintain my ground that Jegede was only wasting his time though he has his right to appeal on any ground. Why not going for the following: overvotiing. Non compliance with electoral provisions violence alteration of results and other cogent appeals? Why not using somebody in APC to raise issues on APC primary like that of Zamfara? There are ways of bringing isssues up on ekection matters . As for signature it will remain flimsy incompetent and an academic exercise forever.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2021
ejimatic:
. I maintain my ground that Jegede was only wasting his time though he has his right to appeal on any ground. Why not going for the following: overvotiing. Non compliance with electoral provisions violence alteration of results and other cogent appeals?
These issues were raised in the tribunal and Appeal Court and all were dismissed.

Why not using somebody in APC to raise issues on APC primary like that of Zamfara?
The matter would have been Statute-barred.

There are ways of bringing isssues up on ekection matters . As for signature it will remain flimsy incompetent and an academic exercise forever.
Whenever an aspirant win the primary of his party... INEC gives that candidate a form, alongside form CF001 which MUST be counter-signed by the National Chairman of that Party.

Buni violated S. 183 of the 1999 Constitution and Article 17(IV) of the APC Constitution.

Are you saying the Court should look away from an obvious violation of the Constitution?
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Indispensable85(m): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

Then how would anyone blame Odili for the bolded?

See, it is a pattern that our CJN is not very strong on Constitutional issues, based on his background.

The strong ones have to handle it.

Seerade029 senatordave1.....I am still trying to get the 3rd dissenter....between Saulawa & Tijjani.

The point is does jegede have the locus to challenge the leadership of a party he's not a member? That's the angle I'm looking at here.

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2021
Indispensable85:
The point is does jegede have the locus to challenge the leadership of a party he's not a member? That's the angle I'm looking at here.
That's why he came under the tribunal.

Locus originates from the summons. What do you want the Court to adjudicate on?

This is a Constitutional matter, so he had the locus. It wasn't a pre-election or Post-Election matter.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Indispensable85(m): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

See, it is a pattern that our CJN is not very strong on Constitutional issues, based on his background.

Seerade029 senatordave1.....I am still trying to get the 3rd dissenter....between Saulawa & Tijjani.

The supreme court has tacitly sent a strong message to the mai mala buni led APC leadership. They better do the needful by conducting their national convention.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Indispensable85(m): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

That's why he came under the tribunal.

This is a Constitutional matter, so he had the locus. It wasn't a pre-election or Post-Election matter.

Noted
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
Indispensable85:
The supreme court has tacitly sent a strong message to the mai mala buni led APC leadership. They better do the needful by conducting their national convention.
Exactly....I believe Senator Andy Uba is roped in already. Buni signed his form.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Indispensable85(m): 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

Exactly....I believe Senator Andy Uba is roped in already. Buni signed his form.

Andy uba done enter one chance.lol...anyways I don't see him winning the election.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2021
Indispensable85:
Andy uba done enter one chance.lol...anyways I don't see him winning the election.
Me neither grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Indispensable85(m): 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

Me neither grin grin

That reminds me. I was going to ask you your input in the new realignment between Atiku and Wike.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2021
Indispensable85:
That reminds me. I was going to ask you your input in the new realignment between Atiku and Wike.
Wike has not hidden his feelings that he doesn't want Atiku but Tambuwal.

PDP will zone North and most likely keep the SE as deputy, unless the APC pushes the SE as Deputy. If APC does, which is unlikely, PDP will take the deputy to SS.

Atiku is the only PDP candidate that can finance the election, that's the reality. The reason most Govs feel like, let it be his show.

On a Tambuwal v Atiku template again, Tambuwal will still lose.

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Indispensable85(m): 9:31pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

Wike has not hidden his feelings that he doesn't want Atiku but Tambuwal.

PDP will zone North and most likely keep the SE as deputy, unless the APC pushes the SE as Deputy. If APC does, which is unlikely, PDP will take the deputy to SS.

Atiku is the only PDP candidate that can finance the election, that's the reality. The reason most Govs feel like, let it be his show.

On a Tambuwal v Atiku template again, Tambuwal will still lose.

Na wa ooooo....
I thought Wike was among the southern governors that said power must return to the south 2wks ago? Nigeria is not a conquest of the North for God's sake. Are we not part of the country? Make everyone just go their separate ways jooor. What nonsense

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 9:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
Indispensable85:
Na wa ooooo....

I thought Wike was among the southern governors that said power must return to the south 2wks ago? Nigeria is not a conquest of the North for God's sake. Are we not part of the country? Make everyone just go their separate ways jooor. What nonsense
They have the numbers. Since the S'Govs didn't push for census, the number we have is what we will use. These numbers favour the North.

Those meetings are good but came a 'lil bit late.

Tell me the Southerner in PDP that can pull votes for them. Yes, the PDP will likely clear the SS, SE perhaps 2 or 3 states in the SW, then....

PDP wants power and only the North can guarantee that for them.

Election is big MONEY.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by ejimatic: 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

These issues were raised in the tribunal and Appeal Court and all were dismissed.

The matter would have been Statute-barred.

Whenever an aspirant win the primary of his party... INEC gives that candidate a form, alongside form CF001 which MUST be counter-signed by the National Chairman of that Party.

Buni violated S. 183 of the 1999 Constitution and Article 17(IV) of the APC Constitution.

Are you saying the Court should look away from an obvious violation of the Constitution?

I agree that is a violation but can it be so strong that it will affect the result of the governorship election? That is the thrust of the judgement ....Even in the case of violation of electiram process the court will require proving it beyond AREASOANABLE DOUBT how much less a signature matter!

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 11:14pm On Jul 28, 2021
ejimatic:
I agree that is a violation but can it be so strong that it will affect the result of the governorship election? That is the thrust of the judgement ....Even in the case of violation of electiram process the court will require proving it beyond A REASOANABLE DOUBT how much less a signature matter!
What is a Signature?
A proof of identity or authentication, without which that document becomes invalid.

Two questions I will ask you;

1. If the National Chairman doesn't sign that form, will INEC accept the document?

2. Why is it that when you go to a bank to do some transaction, you are told to sign or thumbprint on the document?
If you don't sign on the document, what will the cashier tell you?
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Indispensable85(m): 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

They have the numbers. Since the S'Govs didn't push for census, the number we have is what we will use. These numbers favour the North.

Those meetings are good but came a 'lil bit late.

Tell me the Southerner in PDP that can pull votes for them. Yes, the PDP will likely clear the SS, SE perhaps 2 or 3 states in the SW, then....

PDP wants power and only the North can guarantee that for them.

Election is big MONEY.

Don't you think the APC can produce a southern candidate that can divide the votes of the North?
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 11:34pm On Jul 28, 2021
Indispensable85:
Don't you think the APC can produce a southern candidate that can divide the votes of the North?
Why not?
Any candidate of the APC has Buhari's blessings and will win very well in the North.

On his own, he will do nothing.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by ejimatic: 11:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

What is a Signature?
A proof of identity or authentication, without which that document becomes invalid.

1. If the National Chairman doesn't sign that form, will INEC accept the document?

2. Why is it that when you go to a bank to do some transaction, you are told to sign or thumbprint on the document?
. The issue is Buni signed when he was still the governor. He signed as the acting chairman .The question who should sign? The constitution recignises a person who is the chairman to do do not a person who is a governor and serving as the chairman. Yet if Buni signed as a governor and as the acting chairman it does not affect the result of the election.....He signed not adt the governor but as the acting chairman My poidtion from the begining is that signature cannot be used to overturn the results of an election when serious issues raised were dismissed. There is a difference between btween banking sector and electoral matter. What applies to the former doesnot apply to the latter.Jegede only went to a journey of no return supported by the TB AC and SC judgements.

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Indispensable85(m): 11:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

Why not?
Any candidate of the APC has Buhari's blessings and will win very well in the North.

On his own, he will do nothing.

Seriously it doesn't make any sense to return power to the north again especially seeing how buhari has fared thus far.

I personally don't care about the party I just want power away from the north in the next 8yrs from 2023. Buhari's presidency has given so much power to some elements in the north.

Thanks for your insight.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 11:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
ejimatic:
. The issue is Buni signed when he was still the governor. He signed as the acting chairman .The question who should sign? The constitution recignises a person who is the chairman to do do not a person who is a governor and serving as the chairman. Yet if Buni signed as a governor and as the acting chairman it does not affect the result of the election.....He signed not adt the governor but as the acting chairman My poidtion from the begining is that signature cannot be used to overturn the results of an election when serious issues raised were dismissed. There is a difference between btween banking sector and electoral matter. What applies to the former doesnot apply to the latter.Jegede only went to a journey of no return supported by the TB AC and SC judgements.
Electoral matters are more strict than even the banking sectors.

Signature means authentication....When you don't authenticate, it becomes invalid.

There is nothing as "too small or flimsy" in the eyes of the law. Have you not heard that a Party refused to clear a sitting Gov because his NYSC was Obasek and not Obaseki?

Have you also not heard that a Party sought the Supreme Court to disqualify its own candidate for saying he was born in 1968, rather than 1969?

What happens when you violate the Constitution? What is a Constitution?

There are penalties when you violate the Constitution...From the tribunal to the Supreme Court agreed that there was gross violation of the 1999 Constitution as well as the APC Constitution.

He signed as National Chairman but he was also Governor, the APC and INEC didn't disprove this.
That he was a Governor was incontrovertible.

However, the man should have said it himself. He should have been a Party. That is what the Supreme Court is saying.

Without that Signature/thumbprint, that document is invalid.

So, if Buni doesn't sign the document, and INEC rightly rejects the document, will Akeredolu stand in for election?

Will the APC have a candidate?
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by Penguin2: 11:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
fergie001:

The thing is that even if APC conducts its convention but the convention is supervised by Buni, there’s still danger of everything turning into nullity when challenged in court.

APC is in a precarious situation right now!
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 11:58pm On Jul 28, 2021
Penguin2:

The thing is that even if APC conducts its convention but the convention is supervised by Buni, there’s still danger of everything turning into nullity when challenged in court.

He already have signed for Uba..... There is nothing that can be done now.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by fergie001: 12:02am On Jul 29, 2021
Indispensable85:

Seriously it doesn't make any sense to return power to the north again especially seeing how buhari has fared thus far.

I personally don't care about the party I just want power away from the north in the next 8yrs from 2023. Buhari's presidency has given so much power to some elements in the north.

Thanks for your insight.
See, there is little that can be done rn. The horse has left the stable.

They sized the South up with the 2019 election and saw what the "Kardashians" could do for them.

You need 24 States to be President, can a Southerner without Buhari and the North's support get 24 States? Let's be sincere here.

My fear isn't in getting a Southerner, just that they will get a Northerner from the South.
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by senatordave1(m): 12:12am On Jul 29, 2021
Penguin2:

Better face your pdp
Re: Ondo: Akeredolu Wins In Supreme Court, Jegede's suit dismissed by senatordave1(m): 12:15am On Jul 29, 2021
fergie001:

What is a Signature?

The secretary can sign

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, Iwuanyanwu Hosts Women Wing Led By Rita Daniels Chukw / Rotimi Amaechi Denies Bribing Judge / FG Declares Friday, Monday, Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.