Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) (32248 Views)

Soldiers Take Over Lagos Island As Hoodlums Harrass Shop Owners / 1,000 Herd Of Cattle Invade Osun, Motorist, Shop Owners Flee On Seeing Herdsmen / FG Mulls New Tax On Coke, Bigi, Other Soft Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by AmazingELixir: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2021
grin

Afonja and extortion...puah I spit...

What service is this Ewedu and amala gorging monarch providing that he will be asking for tax..criminal elements!.. that is why they will do anything to perpetuate themselves in power...handiwork of the okpolo eyed baron in bourdillon.

In saner climes this criminal should be dethroned..but then someone got his back because some percentage of the proceeds will be channelled to their grand patron.
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by descarado: 10:45am On Jul 29, 2021
pocohantas:
It is nothing new. He would be using the money to maintain his numerous wives. undecided
And concubines then owambe. Entourage to London and dubai.
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by Kazimoluwaseun: 10:47am On Jul 29, 2021
Nawa o the Oba self wan dey loot peoples money for him community in the name of tax
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by esthel(f): 10:49am On Jul 29, 2021
They better challenge it, but it's Lagos anything goes

1 Like

Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by pocohantas(f): 10:49am On Jul 29, 2021
descarado:

And concubines then owambe. Entourage to London and dubai.

And buy bleaching cream too. grin
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by wellmax(m): 10:53am On Jul 29, 2021
Lagos state government will deal with him.

Just watch
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by jacoik(m): 10:53am On Jul 29, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Use that N1,000 on the ground to pay this week's own.

Then call Obi Cubana to borrow you money.

He will pay in bulk, for 20 years.
lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear Ur mama for name u bright because u sees what is even in the dept of the sea. Honestly, I never saw that 1k not until u mentioned it. Guy abeg join police because u can dictate crime from afar

1 Like

Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by Monogamy: 10:53am On Jul 29, 2021
Sterope:
That is longer applicable

Na lie, Oba of Lagos is still collecting, infact for my village, we are still collecting every market day
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by descarado: 10:55am On Jul 29, 2021
pocohantas:

And buy bleaching cream too. grin
Haaa, how did I forget that one grin
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by dheaven: 10:56am On Jul 29, 2021
samsam2019:
It's not bad but it's too much IMO. It's just that the money will be spent on rubbish and eventually make them too powerful and can also turn the post political.

Assuming it's N100 per week nobody would have bothered, they might just assume is for security or sanitation fee in the area but N2400 a month is too much..

1 Like

Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by heniford2: 10:59am On Jul 29, 2021
Judolisco:
Sapa Don enter kabiyesi's Palace... Sapa Don catch oba... I no blame am country hard... Me sef don release my dog make him go hustle... country hard
lol oba is broke oh cheesy angry cheesy grin
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by starlingbawa(m): 11:00am On Jul 29, 2021
Who will the people cry to for help?

Is it the Governor who takes directive from Tinubu?

Is it Tinubu they'll run to, who's working closely with the people deducting the monies from the helpless Business owners?

Clearly you see the pitfall in "ONE MAN STATE'' where the high and mighty has the overwhelming say over the citizenry and the Government as well.
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by calcal: 11:04am On Jul 29, 2021
Next thing is burning shops
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by BSdetector: 11:06am On Jul 29, 2021
If you can't pay the tax, find a place were the taxes suit you. life isn't hard, I heard taxe rates are pretty low in the east.
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 29, 2021
That's what most of these oba's feed on, Very lazy hungry Oba's.
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 29, 2021
BSdetector:
If you can't pay the tax, find a place were the taxes suit you. life isn't hard, I heard taxe rates are pretty low in the east.
Most kings in the easts are already made men, with businesses. They don't feed on taxes
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by Henricarter(m): 11:13am On Jul 29, 2021
Monogamy:
It's old tradition in Yoruba land.. It's called Isa kole
shut up
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by breathelove(f): 11:15am On Jul 29, 2021
Monogamy:
It's old tradition in Yoruba land.. It's called Isa kole
It's a tradition that should be changed. Instead, we should encourage businesses with laws that ease the risk of doing business.
Every business person /entrepreneur is a risk taker.
The community should encourage then and help them grow not tax them to oblivion.

1 Like

Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by BSdetector: 11:15am On Jul 29, 2021
Bouz:
Most kings in the easts are already made men, with businesses. They don't feed on taxes

Nice, since the they aren't feeding off taxes, the taxes must be probably low so let anyone not ok with the oba's tax relocate to the east..... it's common sense.
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by KanuSE: 11:20am On Jul 29, 2021
Govt dey collect, Traditional ruler dey collect. grin
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by nonix22(m): 11:31am On Jul 29, 2021
N500 to the Boss; N100 to the Boys
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by misterjosh(m): 11:31am On Jul 29, 2021
Anyone calling Lagos a mega city is just deceiving themselves.

1 Like

Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by YoungBlackRico(m): 11:40am On Jul 29, 2021
Vireani79:

How is it suppose to be legal Is he any of the arms of government U foolish fools always end in go where they won't tax u Can u use ur brain It's free
You're really lucky, boy!
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by gazza07(m): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2021
Tinubu boys. Only in the zoo
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by anungangampu: 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2021
One Bale came to pack Wood bought to reconstruct a burnt shop. Was asking for 100k before the owner can fix his burnt shop.
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by Validated: 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2021
Gather other traders and get a lawyer. It is illegal fee. The oba or whatever has no right to collect any tax or ticket or whatesoever.
Report it to Lagos Internal Revenue Service if you cannot afford a lawyer, send an ananymous letter to LIRS and post copy onlinr, remove your address and name.
These nonesense have to stop. Soon one oba will start issueing tickets to homes in name of what?

1 Like

Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by staphcures: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2021
Nbotee:
Ordinary traditional ruler that has no political powers printing tax receipts?
I wonder ooo.
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by LegalWolf: 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2021
Where are mor0ns like Gerrard59 who believe the south is a paradise. You won’t see idi0ts like him on this thread.

Thief!
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by AlwaysMotun: 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2021
Money that LASG too will collect there own shares from... Shey they will tell me they don't know ni? Abi shey Oregun to Alausa is now from Lagos to Jos ni? Why won't they know?
Re: Oba Oregun's ₦600 Weekly Tax On Shop Owners (Photo) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2021
Extortion .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Women Burn Down Bokkos Traditional Ruler’s House / Hungry Delegates Fight At Restructuring Meeting Over Food And Drink In Akure / Soldiers With Timpre Sylva APC Hoodlums Attack Man At A Wedding In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.