Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:18 PM

My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn (2654 Views)

Nairalanders Please Help, My First Son Is Behaving Somehow / How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad / Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by ghidhehorn(m): 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hi guys, trust you're doing well. Pls I need ur advice. My 18 months old son is always proving stubborn in recent weeks.

1. When he's angry only God can pet him
2. Now he selects the clothes he wishes to wear(Latest trend) same as food
3. He can cry for Africa if all he wanted are not provided or obeyed. In short he's a chairman
Just to mention few...

Wanna ask if it's normal or there's a way to correct him.

2 Likes

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by chatinent: 11:51pm On Jul 28, 2021
When he's angry only God can pet him

You injure for hand?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by GingerbreadMen(m): 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2021
Lol,Boss baby

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by dacblogger: 12:18am On Jul 29, 2021
He is throwing tantrum you mean,you better curtail it before it gets out of hand.
My 3yr old son knows I don't take trash,I dey beat am like thief if he tries such with me.he is more scared of me than his dad

16 Likes

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by chiiraq802(m): 12:34am On Jul 29, 2021
Abeg no be everything people suppose dey post online....

Your 18 months old boy is proving stubborn and you don't know what to do....

OK keep waiting for NLanders to tell you what to do.

9 Likes

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 29, 2021
begin to Discipline the young lad nw that you can .

2 Likes

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Lalami3232(m): 1:57am On Jul 29, 2021
Buy him fish and Agidi to eat, he would calm down. The questions wey some of una dey ask dey shock me. If u no know what to do, buy bobo join the aforementioned list above.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again "The day I born girl pikin eeh *****"
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Michelle55: 2:18am On Jul 29, 2021
Let's assume there's no social media where you can bring your family problems to, what would you have done to curtail the situation sir?
Easy with all this clamour to be heard or seen on SM, no be so life dey oh.

Our parents did their best to raise us right and God did the rest without the use of SM, why can't you do same with your kid?
The struggle to garner likes and cheap mention is real, na why I run leave Facebook for una oh. Now una want make person leave Nairaland all because you guys can't sort some issues privately.

1 Like

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by jimmyolasun: 3:22am On Jul 29, 2021
Yoruba go say "naa from small Dem dey peka iroko tree because if e big without pekaing, naa steady sacrifice e go dey collect". That naa if the sacrifice self no include virgin human blood and mosquito wey die of HIV.

I suppose say you daft with this your question, but I go respect you unto you be another woman's husband which I doubt (naa baby papa you go be or stay at home dadsimp).

18 months old don turn Oracle for your hand??

Which Kain simps dey born these days??

Let me help you call mynd44 and Dominique alongside lalasticlala so e go quick reach front page make people chew you like asun and nkwobi.

Papa wey mumu

Tueeh!!

Modified: I just checked your profile, naa bbnaija thread you dey open up and down. No wonder..

Another spit on your skull again

Tueh!!

3 Likes

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by 1F30M4(f): 4:44am On Jul 29, 2021
I do not think there's any cause for alarm.. He's just being a big baby lol.. Trying to let y'all know that he's a big boy now and as such can make decisions of his own..

He'll always need your parental guidance & support so don't let him have his way aallll the time, put your feet down & caution him when the need arises.. If he gets angry, tease him, make funny faces, if he likes music, play some and dance, get him a ball & show him some football moves, just anything fascinating, he'll brighten up in no time.. He can't always have his way but cheer him up whenever he does the right thing, show him, teach him, learn with him.. Good luck!

4 Likes

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by ValCon888: 5:28am On Jul 29, 2021
This one is just trying to humblebrag to us that he has a son.
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by gfon(m): 5:42am On Jul 29, 2021
Beat am small wen he misbehaves,but don't beat him till he starts to fear you and become a weakling,a man is suppose to have a bit of stubborness in him.I get strong head,i wouldn't expect less from my boy likewise.

1 Like

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Richy4(m): 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2021
The best cure to that is just to hit the ignore button... Trust me the crying would be annoying that u will feel like flinging him through the window... but if you ignore him and act as if he was not there, he will stop... he was doing that because u were looking at him...or even commenting on why he was crying... do not say a word..

Just take a hymn book if available and start singing aloud immediately the tantrum starts... He will increase his own voice too... Just smile and walk away... but observe him from a distance... U will notice a change... he will probably come to you and start beating u alittle or stand there in front of you just for attention, give it to him....Do it 5 or 6 times as if u don't care.. he will change...

12 Likes

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Hathor5(f): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
ghidhehorn:
Hi guys, trust you're doing well. Pls I need ur advice. My 18 months old son is always proving stubborn in recent weeks.

3. He can cry for Africa if all he wanted are not provided or obeyed. In short he's a chairman
Just to mention few...

It's a phase. It's called the Terrible Twos. It begins somewhere between 18 months and it is very normal. Google the Terrible Twos and you will get a lot of websites with useful tips on how to best handle your child at this stage.

4 Likes

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by NoToPile: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2021
These babies like selecting clothes, not that they even have sense of fashion yet. That's the only one I tend to permit.

As for the others you should know what to do.

1 Like

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by ezugegere(m): 3:00pm On Jul 29, 2021
ghidhehorn:

Just to mention few...

And cane too
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Charmingrascal(m): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2021
ghidhehorn:

Just to mention few...

Proverbs 22:15 A child’s heart has a tendency to do wrong, but the rod/bulala of discipline removes it far away from him.

Proverbs 29:15 A rod/bulala and reproof impart wisdom, but a child who is unrestrained brings shame to his mother.

Don't wait till he brings shame to his mother
Shine ya eyes shocked

1 Like

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2021
Time to introduce koboko be that. grin. His size. Whip his bombom any time he gets grumpy and obstinate.

Don't try to spare him from this early age otherwise when he grows up, he'll be too hard to crack as it will be too difficult to correct and control him then..

Start now!

2 Likes

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
He's a toddler ― these behaviors are not atypical but common with toddlers. You can correct and discipline him without resorting to beating him.

4 Likes

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Resurgent2016: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2021
ghidhehorn:

Just to mention few...

Is he your 1st?

Does he have the chance for healthy interactions with other children in his age bracket or pets? Try it and see if he gets better, it helps build social behaviours
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by ImaIma1(f): 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2021
ghidhehorn:

Just to mention few...

He needs discipline; more of strong arm than soft. You have obviously been indulging him for long and allowing all the nonsense and now he feels he can do what he wants. Start disciplining him before he becomes to much for you to handle.

What is he angry about that he needs petting for? You need to make him know that it is not ok to get angry and throw tantrums. I had to get a beautiful cane for my daughter

My daughter also wants to pick her clothes and food. I let her know that I am in charge, and she can cry if she has to. Though sometimes, I allow her pick by herself.

When she wanted to start crying over everything, I would send her to her bed and tell her to come back when she's ready to talk rather than crying. We didn't respond to crying and she had to stop it.

You need to set rules and limits for these kids, or else they will grow up and be a big burden to you and others.

1 Like

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Ishilove: 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2021
Michelle55:
Let's assume there's no social media where you can bring your family problems to, what would you have done to curtail the situation sir?
Easy with all this clamour to be heard or seen on SM, no be so life dey oh.

Our parents did their best to raise us right and God did the rest without the use of SM, why can't you do same with your kid?
The struggle to garner likes and cheap mention is real, na why I run leave Facebook for una oh. Now una want make person leave Nairaland all because you guys can't sort some issues privately.
I taya o
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Ishilove: 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2021
ImaIma1:

He needs discipline; more of strong arm than soft. You have obviously been indulging him for long and allowing all the nonsense and now he feels he can do what he wants. Start disciplining him before he becomes to much for you to handle.

What is he angry about that he needs petting for? You need to make him know that it is not ok to get angry and throw tantrums. I had to get a beautiful cane for my daughter

My daughter also wants to pick her clothes and food. I let her know that I am in charge, and she can cry if she has to. Though sometimes, I allow her pick by herself.

When she wanted to start crying over everything, I would send her to her bed and tell her to come back when she's ready to talk rather than crying. We didn't respond to crying and she had to stop it.

You need to set rules and limits for these kids, or else they will grow up and be a big burden to you and others.
cheesy
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Ishilove: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
He's a toddler ― these behaviors are not atypical but common with toddlers. You can correct and discipline him without resorting to beating him.
Heh. Odiegwu cheesy
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by mariahAngel(f): 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2021
InTheCloudySky:

In most cases, they never stop their crying, even when you pet them (which is very annoying) until you spank them.
How does one handle such without spanking?
Bad behavior in children should not be ignored, otherwise, it gets out of hand.
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by TheeDetective: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
So you are waiting for NLanders to tell you that your toddler needs discipline; RIGHT? You had to bring this matter to NL to ask what you need to do with your toddler? undecided. Common; you already know what to do but you just don’t want to do it. Since you want Nlanders to tell you what to do, I WILL; WHICH IS; YOUR TODDLER NEEDS A LITTLE DISCIPLINE AND WHILST YOU ARE AT IT, SET BOUNDARIES AND IF THE BOUNDARIES ARE BROKEN THEN I REPEAT THE GOLDEN WORD AGAIN “DISCIPLINE”.

By discipline, I don’t necessarily mean using the cane as there are other ways in which you can discipline a toddler other than using the cane.

It’s now obvious that you have allowed your toddler to run-rings around you and that is because you neither set-boundaries nor provided adequate discipline; hence, you get this result of your toddler wanting to have things done their way all the time.

Never think that at your toddler’s age he doesn’t know what he is doing; WRONG; he does know what he is doing. As a result of your tolerating your toddlers’ misbehaviour/s, it is becoming very clear to your toddler that he can get away with any NANSENSE BEHAVIOUR THAT HE DISPLAY/S WITHOUT ANY CONSEQUENCES WHATSOEVER.

If you don’t tackle this misbehaviour NOW, it will get to a stage where it’ll be too late for any correction to be done as you missed the stage where his bad behaviour/s SHOULD have been corrected but you FAILED TO DO SO.

Get your head out of the sand and give the necessary discipline to your toddler so that they know that bad behaviour/s will not be tolerated.

PS: Take time to go through what @lmaIma1 has written and take a cue from their comment

1 Like

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Oyiboman69: 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2021
Someone has already introduced to you the terrible twos...stop being unreasonable....
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Mindlog: 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2021
Well that is terrible twos in child development, your son is transitioning!. wink

3 Likes

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by ImaIma1(f): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
Ishilove:

cheesy

grin

The beauty from that cane aligned her.
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by ThothHermes: 6:11am On Jul 30, 2021
1F30M4:
I do not think there's any cause for alarm.. He's just being a big baby lol.. Trying to let y'all know that he's a big boy now and as such can make decisions of his own..

He'll always need your parental guidance & support so don't let him have his way aallll the time, put your feet down & caution him when the need arises.. If he gets angry, tease him, make funny faces, if he likes music, play some and dance, get him a ball & show him some football moves, just anything fascinating, he'll brighten up in no time.. He can't always have his way but cheer him up whenever he does the right thing, show him, teach him, learn with him.. Good luck!
Na talk be this one? This is how people grow to become nuisance to society.

Proverbs 22:15
Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction will drive it far from him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by MufasaLion: 11:18am On Jul 30, 2021
So beating is the best option? The way y'all reason is just myopic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Married Nigerian Women LIVE and SUCCEED In Riches And Wealth? / I Need Advice......... / Is It Selfish Not To Adopt If You Have Been Unable To Conceive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.