Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn (2494 Views)

Nairalanders Please Help, My First Son Is Behaving Somehow / How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad / Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by gfon(m): 9:29pm On Jul 30, 2021
Assumptabeke:

Lion nor dey born goat. grin grin grin grin
oil dey ur head

1 Like

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Hathor5(f): 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2021
ThothHermes:
Not early enough.

And you know this how?
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by frozen70(f): 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2021
ghidhehorn:
Hi guys, trust you're doing well. Pls I need ur advice. My 18 months old son is always proving stubborn in recent weeks.

1. When he's angry only God can pet him
2. Now he selects the clothes he wishes to wear(Latest trend) same as food
3. He can cry for Africa if all he wanted are not provided or obeyed. In short he's a chairman
Just to mention few...

Wanna ask if it's normal or there's a way to correct him.

At this stage, he needs to be monitored, get a Cain and let him know that the Cain is for him, but don't flog him yet

Keep counseling him on the importance of being respectful and obedient

Promise him goodies if he behaves well

Take him to your parents for holidays or other trusted family members so that they will help you to tame him while on holidays
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Kagd10: 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2021
Mindlog:

What has Nigeria benefitted from the beatings majority of Nigerians received during their childhood...... the beatings like drums, like criminals.....attempted murder?

Has the beatings made majority of Nigerians trustworthy in personal life and business? Has it infused ethical thinking in us?

With the level of dysfunctionalities in many families, crime rate and insecurity.... beatings has not worked for Nigeria! angry

It's not about beating but discipline. I can argue that the olden days children are far better than today's children tho. Anyway, different parents have different methods of disciplining their children. Whatever method such parent has employed, he should do it with love. But yes, discipline should be employed and shouldn't be overlooked.

Cc: Mufasalion hathor5
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by cooooooks(m): 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2021
Are people really trying to get this guy to beat his infant son?
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Kagd10: 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2021
Hathor5:

This is what I have learned when I moved abroad. The oyinbo kids would behave even in the absence of their parents whereas our children have only learned to do the right thing under observation. Once the threat of punishment is gone, they are out of control. They were only taught to avoid punishment, not moral reasoning.

The Oyinbo children behave well because of their functioning environment and possibly their genetic traits. Most Oyinbo have always been selfless and humble even as kids, hence their good leaders and selfless constitution. The environment is conducive too, thereby moulding the new generation.

Whereas we blacks don't have functioning environment to begin with. What we can have is our home. It's either we do the training of our kids in our home or allow the environment to train your kids. You pick one.
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Kagd10: 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
cooooooks:
Are people really trying to get this guy to beat his infant son?

Who says he should beat him? He shouldn't allow him to get away with his stubbornness. That's what people are saying. If he can't control his kids while they're only kids, how would he do that when they're adults?

A little spank on the buttock here and there isn't bad tho, especially for a very stubborn kid.
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by MufasaLion: 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2021
Kagd10:

It's not about beating but discipline. I can argue that the olden days children are far better than today's children tho. Anyway, different parents have different methods of disciplining their children. Whatever method such parent has employed, he should do it with love. But yes, discipline should be employed and shouldn't be overlooked.

Cc: Mufasalion hathor5

You can enforce discipline without beating your kids. Moreover, the world wasn't digital in the olden days so it made the beating effective. Now, we have a digital community and you csnt expect a kid to be disciplined through beating when he's got several friends in school that their parents doesn't that them.

He's gonna be influenced by them and that's gonna create some hatred towards you without you knowing and continued beating will worsen the case which in turn will make him stubborn and disrespectful. Beating kids ain't the best option in this digital age.

Denying your kid his phones, video games etc will be more effective than beating. An average kid these days gonna prefer to be beaten than to be denied access to phones, video games etc.

1 Like

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Kagd10: 12:38pm On Jul 31, 2021
MufasaLion:

You can enforce discipline without beating your kids. Moreover, the world wasn't digital in the olden days so it made the beating effective. Now, we have a digital community and you csnt expect a kid to be disciplined through beating when he's got several friends in school that their parents doesn't that them.

He's gonna be influenced by them and that's gonna create some hatred towards you from without you knowing and continue beating will worsen the care which in turn will make him stubborn and disrespectful. Beating kids ain't the best option in this digital age.

Denying your kid his phones, video games etc will be more effective than beating. An average kid these days gonna prefer to be beaten than to be denied access to phones, video games etc.

Who says there should be beating in the first place? I did say different parents have different methods of disciplining their children. Whatever method anyone has adopted, he should do it out of love. Discipline the child to know they're wrong and praise them and even gift them things when they do something right. What matters most is to train and discipline the children. Don't leave them fallow to become nuisances to the society in future!
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by MufasaLion: 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2021
Kagd10:

Who says there should be beating in the first place? I did say different parents have different methods of disciplining their children. Whatever method anyone has adopted, he should do it out of love. Discipline the child to know they're wrong and praise them and even gift them things when they do something right. What matters most is to train and discipline the children. Don't leave them fallow to become nuisances to the society in future!

I understand you
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Hathor5(f): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2021
Kagd10:

The Oyinbo children behave well because of their functioning environment and possibly their genetic traits. Most Oyinbo have always been selfless and humble even as kids, hence their good leaders and selfless constitution. The environment is conducive too, thereby moulding the new generation.

Whereas we blacks don't have functioning environment to begin with. What we can have is our home. It's either we do the training of our kids in our home or allow the environment to train your kids. You pick one.

So because black kids don't have a functioning environment parents need to beat them? undecided

The genetics part is just something you can't prove and if you can't back it up, don't bring it up.
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Hathor5(f): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
Kagd10:

Cc: Mu.fasalion hat.hor5

Aren't the olden days children the same people who created the bad environment you have been talking about?
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Kagd10: 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2021
Hathor5:

So because black kids don't have a functioning environment parents need to beat them? undecided

The genetics part is just something you can't prove and if you can't back it up, don't bring it up.

They need to be disciplined. It's simple. Even the same Oyinbo don't tolerate unruly behaviour like we do in Africa country.
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Kagd10: 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2021
Hathor5:

Aren't the olden days children the same people who created the bad environment you have been talking about?

The olden days children are far better than the woke children we have today.
Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Hathor5(f): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2021
Kagd10:

The olden days children are far better than the woke children we have today.

You are entitled to your opinion.

1 Like

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Hathor5(f): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2021
Kagd10:

They need to be disciplined. It's simple. Even the same Oyinbo don't tolerate unruly behaviour like we do in Africa country.

Has anyone said here that children should not be disciplined? The discussion is about how and not if. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: My 18months Old Boy Is Behaving Stubborn by Zico777(m): 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2021
ghidhehorn:
Hi guys, trust you're doing well. Pls I need ur advice. My 18 months old son is always proving stubborn in recent weeks.

1. When he's angry only God can pet him
2. Now he selects the clothes he wishes to wear(Latest trend) same as food
3. He can cry for Africa if all he wanted are not provided or obeyed. In short he's a chairman
Just to mention few...

Wanna ask if it's normal or there's a way to correct him.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lola Alao Can’t Remarry Without My Consent –dare Ogunlana, Estranged Husband / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage / Donald Trump will be Americas president one day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.