Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. (1705 Views)

“In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk / If You Are A Coach, Who Will Choose Between ‘prime Nemanja Vidic And Van Dijk / Varane Gives Gareth Bale The Real Madrid Club Badge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Mangekyo: 11:12am On Jul 29, 2021
Yes, you heard me right. He's better than both! I read that Chelsea were interested in him about two days ago, but only got to check out some of his highlights on YouTube today. This guy is the best ball playing defender I've seen in a while. He dribbles like an attacker and also scores like one shocked. He's definitely going to fit into Thomas Tuchels team! He's 22years old and his release clause is at £80million, but Chelsea are looking to take him for £30million + Zouma!
Mariana granovskaia doing her thing here cool

Anyway, if you don't believe he's better than Varane, maybe you will after watching this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkySaC9QTP4
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Freelancer2020(m): 11:40am On Jul 29, 2021
my own be say make chelsea do wetin dem wan do make we see
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Mangekyo: 11:50am On Jul 29, 2021
Freelancer2020:
my own be say make chelsea do wetin dem wan do make we see

Meaning?
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by ojaysam25(m): 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2021
I don't really see any new defender breaking into that team..all this chelsea squad needs is a provable top9.
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Broveens42(m): 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2021
ojaysam25:
I don't really see any new defender breaking into that team..all this chelsea squad needs is a provable top9.

He surely would break into the eleven. He defends so well. Silva will not play most matches in the coming season.
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Broveens42(m): 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2021
Kounde will offer Chelsea a new approach to their game. Christensen and rudiger do not thrive well in a 451 formation, that's where a certain kounde comes in.

Secondly it will offer Chelsea the opportunity to play a good number of key players in what could prove difficult for opponents to handle and irrespective of werner's blushes

Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Mangekyo: 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
Broveens42:
Kounde will offer Chelsea a new approach to their game. Christensen and rudiger do not thrive well in a 451 formation, that's where a certain kounde comes in.

Secondly it will offer Chelsea the opportunity to play a good number of key players in what could prove difficult for opponents to handle and irrespective of werner's blushes

This lineup is so trash

1 Like

Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Broveens42(m): 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2021
Mangekyo:

This lineup is so trash

It is so trash to you because you have not experienced a good center back pairing in a 4 man defence for Chelsea in a while.

Chelsea played a back 4 so well that even with the misses from anelka and co in those days they were so threatening because they didn't need to hide talents in middle and wings(forward)
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Mangekyo: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
Broveens42:

It is so trash to you because you have not experienced a good center back pairing in a 4 man defence for Chelsea in a while.

Chelsea played a back 4 so well that even with the misses from anelka and co in those days they were so threatening because they didn't need to hide talents in middle and wings(forward)

I didn't criticize the formation. 4 at the back is good. But the lineup isn't that great.
You're having mount and havertz as CM while kante as DM. you're aware the two central midfielders aren't good defensively, especially havertz who is naturally an attacking midfielder. With those two extremely attacking players, you're only gonna leave kante exposed. And since it's a 4 at the back, with two CB, we're gonna concede so many goals since they're gonna get exposed too.
If you wanna use 4 at the back, then it should be 4-2-3-1, with a defensive midfielder like joginho or kovacic pairing with Kante, not 4-1-2-2-1.
Also, ziyech shouldn't be on that lineup at all. He's trash

1 Like

Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Mangekyo: 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2021
ojaysam25:

Kounde would break him easily. I'm sure you didn't watch that highlight, did you?
You wouldn't be saying this
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Broveens42(m): 11:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
Mangekyo:

I didn't criticize the formation. 4 at the back is good. But the lineup isn't that great.
You're having mount and havertz as CM while kante as DM. you're aware the two central midfielders aren't good defensively, especially havertz who is naturally an attacking midfielder. With those two extremely attacking players, you're only gonna leave kante exposed. And since it's a 4 at the back, with two CB, we're gonna concede so many goals since they're gonna get exposed too.
If you wanna use 4 at the back, then it should be 4-2-3-1, with a defensive midfielder like joginho or kovacic pairing with Kante, not 4-1-2-2-1.
Also, ziyech shouldn't be on that lineup at all. He's trash

Nope
Mount as a hard worker can be conditioned to play like ramires(box to box)
The reason you are suggesting two natural defensive players is because you are still not confident of one of the center backs in a back four. If the coach adjusts mount's game to a box to box, it will help the attacking 4 of havertz,pulisic ,ziyech and Werner that Chelsea becomes so unplayable.
So get a good center back for 451

Besides, pulisic and ziyech now look fully fit than last season.
Also, several times mount played in a deeper role for Chelsea, he excelled.
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Mangekyo: 11:59pm On Jul 29, 2021
Broveens42:

Nope
Mount as a hard worker can be conditioned to play like ramires(box to box)
The reason you are suggesting two natural defensive players is because you are still not confident of one of the center backs in a back four. If the coach adjusts mount's game to a box to box, it will help the attacking 4 of havertz,pulisic ,ziyech and Werner that Chelsea becomes so unplayable.
So get a good center back for 451

Besides, pulisic and ziyech now look fully fit than last season.
Also, several times mount played in a deeper role for Chelsea, he excelled.

LMFAO Lampard tried that shitty formation when he was in charge and got his ass handed to him. Having a box to box in mount as a central midfielder plus havertz who is a full attacker would only leave you vulnerable. You think football is all about attacking?
Did we win the Champions league by attacking?
Despite we even using a 3cb last season, tichel never had the AUDACITY to play two attacking midfielders in midfielder. He always used 2 defensive midfielders in joginho and kante to support those 3cbs.
Now for you to think he's gonna use to attacking midfielders for 2CBs is very ridiculous.

When did mount play a deeper role for Chelsea? Lolz

Is not about being fit. Ziyech doesn't fit our style. He should be loaned or sold off to Ac Milan. Havertz should play that position with joginho replacing him in midfield. Pulisic is okay but overhyped. If we can sign someone like coman, he defo dropping to bench
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by chiiraq802(m): 1:37am On Jul 30, 2021
cheesy....

Chaiii... Varane and Van Dijk don suffer.

So just because you watched some of his best play on YouTube...that makes him better than them.

You must have taken Chelsea dry gin for comparing somebody that is not even known in la liga to somebody that us already conquering EPL.

1 Like

Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Mangekyo: 2:24am On Jul 30, 2021
chiiraq802:
cheesy....

So just because you watched some of his best play on YouTube...that makes him better than them.

You must have taken Chelsea dry gin for comparing somebody that is not even known in la liga to somebody that us already conquering EPL.

He's 22. When van dijk was 22years old, no one knew him in Europe. Wasn't he in celtic then? Kounde at 22 is already being linked to a big club like Chelsea.
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by chiiraq802(m): 7:05am On Jul 30, 2021
Mangekyo:

He's 22. When van dijk was 22years old, no one knew him in Europe. Wasn't he in celtic then? Kounde at 22 is already being linked to a big club like Chelsea.

So because he was linked to Chelsea at 22?? that automatically makes him better than van dijk Oga goan start watching match and leave YouTube skit alone....
Do you know how old Varane was when one of the biggest club in the world signed him

3 Likes

Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Broveens42(m): 7:36am On Jul 30, 2021
Mangekyo:

LMFAO Lampard tried that shitty formation when he was in charge and got his ass handed to him. Having a box to box in mount as a central midfielder plus havertz who is a full attacker would only leave you vulnerable. You think football is all about attacking?
Did we win the Champions league by attacking?
Despite we even using a 3cb last season, tichel never had the AUDACITY to play two attacking midfielders in midfielder. He always used 2 defensive midfielders in joginho and kante to support those 3cbs.
Now for you to think he's gonna use to attacking midfielders for 2CBs is very ridiculous.

When did mount play a deeper role for Chelsea? Lolz

Is not about being fit. Ziyech doesn't fit our style. He should be loaned or sold off to Ac Milan. Havertz should play that position with joginho replacing him in midfield. Pulisic is okay but overhyped. If we can sign someone like coman, he defo dropping to bench

Because lampard is tactically daft. He allows his number 4 to also move along with mount in a 451 which is wrong.
Kante should sit back and protect the back 4

You are also vulnerable because either of rudiger or Christensen ain't good in a back four.
If you get your back four right, you are unplayable. Your win rate is higher than draws with very few losses.
Draws can never win you a league title
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Mangekyo: 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2021
Broveens42:

Because lampard is tactically daft. He allows his number 4 to also move along with mount in a 451 which is wrong.
Kante should sit back and protect the back 4

You are also vulnerable because either of rudiger or Christensen ain't good in a back four.
If you get your back four right, you are unplayable. Your win rate is higher than draws with very few losses.
Draws can never win you a league title
It isn't about being tactically daft.
When tichel was in charge, he never used mount and havertz in midfield despite having 3 cb's. Joginho/kovacic were always paired with kante or even Gilmour. Wake up to reality if you think he's gonna use them when he finally uses just two cb. I don't knw how u think sef.

Also, I can remember tichel using 4 defenders against leeds. He paired joginho to kante, not the trash lineup you put up there
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Mangekyo: 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2021
chiiraq802:

So because he was linked to Chelsea at 22?? that automatically makes him better than van dijk Oga goan start watching match and leave YouTube skit alone....
Do you know how old Varane was when one of the biggest club in the world signed him

It you watched van dijk at 22, he wasn't as impressive as this guy. It's obvious this guy is gonna surpass him in the near future.

Varane was pairing with world class players all his life. Starting from pepe to Ramos who are quality defenders. Let's see how he performs now that he's gonna be pairing with the 80million fridge
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by ritaprincess: 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2021
Mangekyo:

It you watched van dijk at 22, he wasn't as impressive as this guy. It's obvious this guy is gonna surpass him in the near future.

Varane was pairing with world class players all his life. Starting from pepe to Ramos who are quality defenders. Let's see how he performs now that he's gonna be pairing with the 80million fridge
I guess he also paired with pepe and Ramos at the last world cup
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Broveens42(m): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2021
Mangekyo:

It isn't about being tactically daft.
When tichel was in charge, he never used mount and havertz in midfield despite having 3 cb's. Joginho/kovacic were always paired with kante or even Gilmour. Wake up to reality if you think he's gonna use them when he finally uses just two cb. I don't knw how u think sef.

Also, I can remember tichel using 4 defenders against leeds. He paired joginho to kante, not the trash lineup you put up there

He can't use mount and havertz with 3cbs because it's not tactically wise but can be done using 2good cb pairing; the factor of a good 2 center back pairing basically. One of the 2 center backs also play like a number 6(or what you call modern day 4) leaving the other center back as the last man in a vertical and diagonal way of defending. So even your main number 4 at times is seen as the last man when building up play.

That's why Chelsea play a back three. Thereby sacrificing talented players (and with away goal rules not obtainable in UCL again, na better wahala)

Playing 3 at the back is better as an option in a tough league fixture and not all matches
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Silentgroper(m): 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2021
Y dont u just pick ben white
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Broveens42(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2021
Silentgroper:
Y dont u just pick ben white

Now you understand the game. A good 2 cbs
With kante as a standing 4. Then a box to box in mount. While havertz is allowed to roam around the attack(8,9,11,7) will win you the league with a fit pulisic,ziyech and an improved werner
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Broveens42(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2021
Man u stand a chance of winning the league if only they can get that perfect 2 center back pairing in their back 4.
A lot of goal draws have been letting them down.
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Kenneth10110(m): 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2021
Mangekyo:
Yes, you heard me right. He's better than both! I read that Chelsea were interested in him about two days ago, but only got to check out some of his highlights on YouTube today. This guy is the best ball playing defender I've seen in a while. He dribbles like an attacker and also scores like one shocked. He's definitely going to fit into Thomas Tuchels team! He's 22years old and his release clause is at £80million, but Chelsea are looking to take him for £30million + Zouma!

Anyway, if you don't believe he's better than Varane, maybe you will after watching this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkySaC9QTP4

you dan go see you tube videos grin
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Silentgroper(m): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2021
Broveens42:

Now you understand the game. A good 2 cbs
With kante as a standing 4. Then a box to box in mount. While havertz is allowed to roam around the attack(8,9,11,7) will win you the league with a fit pulisic,ziyech and an improved werner
grin
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Silentgroper(m): 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2021
chiiraq802:
cheesy....

Hold on. Only van dijk has conquered epl ooo. Varane is a big flop waiting to happen in d epl.
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by chiiraq802(m): 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2021
Silentgroper:
Hold on. Only van dijk has conquered epl ooo. Varane is a big flop waiting to happen in d epl.

See your life..... because Chelshit did not sign Varane, He is now a big flop waiting to happen in the EPL but a 22 yr Jules kounde that im not even sure he's a first team starter in Sevilla is the person that will not flop in EPL

Oga stop quoting me. if Thiago Silva can survive in EPL ... Raphael Varane will over survive in EPL. it might take a few match but he will scale through.
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by chiiraq802(m): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2021
Mangekyo:

See right now. No chelshit defender better pass Harry Maquire.... I don't gbadu him oooo.... but that just the pure truth, and pls stop calling him fridge.
Maguire go injury Man u lost final and conceded anyhow goals. that says a lot about him.
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Silentgroper(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2021
chiiraq802:

See your life..... because Chelshit did not sign Varane, He is now a big flop waiting to happen in the EPL but a 22 yr Jules kounde that im not even sure he's a first team starter in Sevilla is the person that will not flop in EPL

Oga stop quoting me. if Thiago Silva can survive in EPL ... Raphael Varane will over survive in EPL. it might take a few match but he will scale through.
Bro. No stress urself. I no be chelshit fan. But na d fact i tell u.
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Broveens42(m): 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2021
chiiraq802:

See right now. No chelshit defender better pass Harry Maquire.... I don't gbadu him oooo.... but that just the pure truth, and pls stop calling him fridge.
Maguire go injury Man u lost final and conceded anyhow goals. that says a lot about him.

Maguire is a tough defender. A hard knot to crack. I have followed his games right from Leicester. His greatest strength is in not even allowing you move with the ball. I don't like it when people use passing ability to primarily rate a defender.

Varane on the other hand is good with passes but switches off at times while defending, which should be a concern for man u faithfuls.
Varane struggles also on Aerials and one on one basis( a certain adama traore will expose him)

Imagine a center back pairing of maiguire and John stones, Man u would win the league
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by nzeobi(m): 11:23am On Jul 31, 2021
Please who knows if Bettingconsultgroup.com is fake or genuine and can be trusted.
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Babysho(m): 7:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
Mangekyo:

I'm a big fan of Kounde and he looks right for Chelsea. He will be perfect for a back 3. But for a back 4, I would prefer him as a RB instead of CB. Laliga football is mostly passes and technique. Premier league football requires more physicality. Kounde has good attacking prowess but not so much physical strength. He's something like Liverpool's Gomez but better finishing.

About the tactics with Havertz and Mount as the 2 midfielders, I believe it's good against a weaker side where Chelsea will be having plenty of the ball but it definitely will cost them against a stronger side.

Concerning Varane, I still think he has so much potential. He looks like the missing piece to Man Utds defence problems because of his pace and if everything just clicks, he'll be on everybody's lips again.

Comparing Varane to Kounde is wrong. Varane is miles ahead.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joga Bonito Tv / Nigerian Coach Stephen Keshi Banned Players From Wearing Earings / 2013/2014 English Football Pools Systems & Forecast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.