Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. (1711 Views)

“In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk / If You Are A Coach, Who Will Choose Between ‘prime Nemanja Vidic And Van Dijk / Varane Gives Gareth Bale The Real Madrid Club Badge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Mangekyo: 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
Babysho:

I'm a big fan of Kounde and he looks right for Chelsea. He will be perfect for a back 3. But for a back 4, I would prefer him as a RB instead of CB. Laliga football is mostly passes and technique. Premier league football requires more physicality. Kounde has good attacking prowess but not so much physical strength. He's something like Liverpool's Gomez but better finishing.

About the tactics with Havertz and Mount as the 2 midfielders, I believe it's good against a weaker side where Chelsea will be having plenty of the ball but it definitely will cost them against a stronger side.

Concerning Varane, I still think he has so much potential. He looks like the missing piece to Man Utds defence problems because of his pace and if everything just clicks, he'll be on everybody's lips again.

Comparing Varane to Kounde is wrong. Varane is miles ahead.

We're defo using 3 at the back this season. I mean we've been practicing with it in our preseasons.
If he gets signed, He'll replace Christiansen.
Thiago silva and Rudiger are both physical so they should cover for him.
He's very good on the ball and that's exactly what tuchel needs now.

He's miles ahead gomez. The only thing I can say gomez got more than him is pace and nothing more. He's got more composure and strong in tackles too. Very good on the ball, dribbles really good and got good shots.

He isn't as good as current Varane but he defo can be compared to Varane at 22 years old.

I don't even rate Varane that much. The only thing I see in him is pace. He's been playing with Ramos who is a quality cb at Madrid. If he can repeat his achievements without scoring silly own goals in man Utd, I'll acknowledge him.

No, we cannot use both havertz and mount in midfield even against the bottom teams.
A good Defence win you trophies and having havertz with mount in midfield would only mean you're not even looking out for Defence and just wanna attack

Yall love underestimating these little teams. Looks one thing about them is, if attacking and somehow you fail to score first, you're done. If they mistakenly get the first goal before you, trust me you're gonna sweat really hard even for a draw. And also you can be attacking and searching for that equalizer, and because you have havertz who is not even average defensively in midfield, you'll concede another. Lampard already used that combination before when he was iin charge and it didn't work. I dount if tuchel would be dumb enough to repeat it
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Falomo211(m): 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
Mangekyo:
Yes, you heard me right. He's better than both! I read that Chelsea were interested in him about two days ago, but only got to check out some of his highlights on YouTube today. This guy is the best ball playing defender I've seen in a while. He dribbles like an attacker and also scores like one shocked. He's definitely going to fit into Thomas Tuchels team! He's 22years old and his release clause is at £80million, but Chelsea are looking to take him for £30million + Zouma!
Mariana granovskaia doing her thing here cool

Anyway, if you don't believe he's better than Varane, maybe you will after watching this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkySaC9QTP4

See talk you dey use YouTube video judge you dey whine ursef oooh na EPL be this mke him carry ball comot say he wan attack against defensive strikers like firmino una go hear word for una net
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Mangekyo: 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
Falomo211:

See talk you dey use YouTube video judge you dey whine ursef oooh na EPL be this mke him carry ball comot say he wan attack against defensive strikers like firmino una go hear word for una net

Ok same with Varane
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Babysho(m): 10:13pm On Aug 01, 2021
Mangekyo:

We're defo using 3 at the back this season. I mean we've been practicing with it in our preseasons.
If he gets signed, He'll replace Christiansen.
Thiago silva and Rudiger are both physical so they should cover for him.
He's very good on the ball and that's exactly what tuchel needs now.

He's miles ahead gomez. The only thing I can say gomez got more than him is pace and nothing more. He's got more composure and strong in tackles too. Very good on the ball, dribbles really good and got good shots.

He isn't as good as current Varane but he defo can be compared to Varane at 22 years old.

I don't even rate Varane that much. The only thing I see in him is pace. He's been playing with Ramos who is a quality cb at Madrid. If he can repeat his achievements without scoring silly own goals in man Utd, I'll acknowledge him.

No, we cannot use both havertz and mount in midfield even against the bottom teams.
A good Defence win you trophies and having havertz with mount in midfield would only mean you're not even looking out for Defence and just wanna attack

Yall love underestimating these little teams. Looks one thing about them is, if attacking and somehow you fail to score first, you're done. If they mistakenly get the first goal before you, trust me you're gonna sweat really hard even for a draw. And also you can be attacking and searching for that equalizer, and because you have havertz who is not even average defensively in midfield, you'll concede another. Lampard already used that combination before when he was iin charge and it didn't work. I dount if tuchel would be dumb enough to repeat it

Kounde is definitely a better defender that Gomez, I was only describing their similarities. He'll fit into Chelsea's back 3 just fine.

I rate Varane highly. His huge frame naturally allows him to block good. That pace with that kind of frame, he's part of the new generation of centre backs. I'm looking forward to him at Utd.

Well that is a way to look at Chelsea's midfield. It's your opinion and I respect that. It's not the first time teams would be playing two attacking players as CM. Guardiola does it with City. There were several games under Lampard with that particular line up and Chelsea dominated easily but the issue was that they had no end product.
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Mangekyo: 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2021
Babysho:

Kounde is definitely a better defender that Gomez, I was only describing their similarities. He'll fit into Chelsea's back 3 just fine.

I rate Varane highly. His huge frame naturally allows him to block good. That pace with that kind of frame, he's part of the new generation of centre backs. I'm looking forward to him at Utd.

Well that is a way to look at Chelsea's midfield. It's your opinion and I respect that. It's not the first time teams would be playing two attacking players as CM. Guardiola does it with City. There were several games under Lampard with that particular line up and Chelsea dominated easily but the issue was that they had no end product.

Those who play cm at city are pretty good defensively, aren't they? Rodri/Fernandino in dm then gundogan and kdb in cm.
Gundogan is pretty good defensively, he can play in dm like he did vs Chelsea in UCL final.
KDB can track back too. The same cannot be said for havertz. You should re watch Chelsea vs Southampton when lamps played havertz & mount in midfield. He was the cause of their first goal.
Yeah Lampard was always dominating games but it ended there. He was conceding silly goals because of that midfield. Even small teams were whooping our asses. We didn't win any of the Pl big six. Lost to man city, lost to arsenal, lost to Everton, lost to Aston villa, lost to Liverpool, drew man Utd & Tottenham.
We were 9th on the league table with that midfield setup.
Re: I'll Honestly Pick Jules Kounde Ahead Of Varane And Van Dijk. by Polynek(m): 1:19am On Aug 02, 2021
ojaysam25:
I don't really see any new defender breaking into that team..all this chelsea squad needs is a provable top9.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Had A Dream That The English Premiership Will End Like This In 2008 / Sure Bet Games / List Of Best Premier League Players From Weekend Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.