Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria (13620 Views)

Corrupt Governance Responsible For Insecurity, Banditry In North - Shettima / A North-West Governor Is Sponsoring Banditry In The Zone - APC / Ganduje Briefs Osinbajo On Kidnapping And Banditry In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 30, 2021
See gist. Omo North get mind. Make them continue.
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by oluwaseyi0: 10:23am On Jul 30, 2021
If only all this things will remain in the north
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2021
The Emirs have too much power and that shouldn't be.
If our Yoruba monarchs are given as much powers as these emirs, Yorubaland would be much more worse than these. Same with other regions the south and other parts of Nigeria.

Personally, I hate the monarchy in Nigeria and everything they represent and wish they could be banned permanently.

At all at all there should be only ONE OBA in Yorubaland...

Only ONE EMIR In Hausaland

Only ONE IGWE in Iboland.

There are too many of them everywhere that's why peace remain elusive.

Power drunk people.
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Charmingrascal(m): 10:24am On Jul 30, 2021
When they say there are state actors involved in this business y'all brain dead lots will say otherwise.
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by papae1(m): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2021
Wow.
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by AgentGoat: 10:25am On Jul 30, 2021
Na una sabi.
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by tundess: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2021
The governor co-opted some of these saboteurs and mercenary/bandit/murderers for the 2019 elections, bc, according to the adminstration's own polling, they stood to loose to the Atiku/Obi campaign.
Of course, with skillful electoral manipulation, they "won" and these political auxiliaries were casually jettisoned. They have returned to their old ways.
Shekena !
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2021
Serious politics and that was how bokoharam started.
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Wisefellow(m): 10:34am On Jul 30, 2021
This revelation, if true, shows that our leaders know these culprits...
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by ojsmscom(m): 10:39am On Jul 30, 2021
EXACTLY THE MADNESS THEY WANTED TO EXTEND TO SOUTHERN PART OF THE COUNTRY,THANK GOD FOR SUNDAY IGBOHO AND NNAMDI KANU
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by uthlaw: 10:39am On Jul 30, 2021
Plomo:
Many people don’t know this, but insecurity has been ravaging Zamfara for almost a decade now.

Most analysts wrongly claim its all because of Gold fields Though it’s a contributing element, it actually constitute a small portion of the multi-varied factors responsible for it. Farmers-Herdsmen clash is as old as Cain & Abel, but they have their dispute resolution techniques which have worked since beginning of the Human Race.

However, Injustice, abuse of power by constituted authority, decay of Local institution, neglect of rural communities, & proliferation of arms into sub-Saharan Africa after the Fall of Gaddafi all contributed in aggravating the conflicts. The foremost major attack was in 2014 in Yar Galadima ward of Dansadau Emirate. Almost 200 people were brutally slaughtered.

Abdulaziz Yari upon arrival at the scene of the carnage and seeing about 30-40 dead bodies made the statement “Iyakar su kenan” is this all of them?? https://dailynigerian.com/yar-galadima-inside-zamfara-town-where-bandits-killed-over-200-people/ || https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2014/4/6/dozens-killed-in-nigeria-land-dispute

Yari’s Govt. consciously and deliberately refused to stop the crisis before it spiraled out of control.

State forces watched on as The notorious Bandit Buharin Daji acted with impunity. Upon hearing FG forces were given orders to tackle him, he opted for a plea deal with Yari, he granted him audience with promise that he would provide security to farmers and fight off other Bandits and in return he got Amnesty with a political appointment as SA on security matters, which he agreed to. Buharin Daji’s boys rustled cattle belonging to his Lieutenant - “Dogo Gide” In-laws. Dogo Gide demanded cattle be released to him which Buharin Daji refused.

In their camp as Buharin Daji took off his amulets & talisman, Dogo Gide took him out and brought the body to the Govt house.

The then Deputy Governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Wakkala received the corpses & Dogo Gide was given the plea deal. This was around 16/17

Since then Dogo Gide never launches any attacks in Zamfara state. He moved his activities to Birnin Gwari, katsina, Niger Tagina axis and KD-Abj Way. This marked beginning of Kidnapping & banditry in the above named areas

Any major attack along this axis till date, is highly likely to have been coordinated by Dogo Gide. Last year, in his farm in Dansadau, he harvested over 2000 bags of Produce. This year he threatened no farmer will farm, until they cultivated his first. https://dailytrust.com/zamfara-farmers-must-work-on-our-farms-before-theirs-bandits-leaders

When Bello Matawalle came into power in 2019, he constituted a committee led by former IG of Police, MD Abubakar. The committee received over 50,000 submissions, testimonies & petitions from every stakeholder. Politicians, Emirs, district heads, police, military, DSS, farmers, herdsmen, traders, civil servants Religious leaders, NGOs & residents possible provides information to the committee.

It was discovered Bandit have collected over 3 Billion in Ransom. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/357149-bandits-collect-n3-billion-ransom-in-zamfara-committee.html

Among the recommendations of the Committee, 5 Emirs are to be deposed and tried to court for their perceived involvement with the bandits. The Governor till date has refused to implement the report. https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/committee-indicts-5-zamfara-emirs-over-banditry/ve0f0lt.amp

It was alleged that Native Shaman from Niger Republic informed Bello that if he dared remove any Emir, he would die.

The authenticity of this claim is yet to be established.

We in Zamfara state are so used to attacks. Bandits are known by their names and attacking style, few out of many are the likes of Dogo Gide, Mochoko, Kachalla Mosu, Kachalla Ibrahim, Black, Dodo, etc. A very Gallant and excellent officer, Captain MW NDEM AKA Mai Rago brought hell to the Bandits, after about 1 year. It was alleged that Bandits paid 20 million and Mai Rago has since been deployed to North East to take the fight to ISWAP/BH.

Credit must also be given to “Yan Sa Kai” local Vigilante. The also took the fight to the Bandits. However, after any peace accord, State Government bans the activities of Yan Sakai, leaving farmers at the mercy of Criminals.

About a month ago, soldiers Stationed in Dansadau went to Magami(50 KM away) to restock their supplies. Informants were alleged to have contacted the bandits and they came in mass number and rained live ammunition on helpless residents. Governor Bello, this week dissolved his entire Cabinet and also Suspended the Emir of Dansadau.

Just yesterday, armed bandits rode in just 5 bikes and sprayed bullets in Dansadau. They directly went into the houses of relatives of the Vice-Chairman of that Committee kidnapped his Nephew, another nephew’s wife, her son & also her younger brother.

Make of this what you would.

Let it be known, we “Jikokin Danbungudu” will NEVER be cowered into silence.

We are students of knowledge & farmers.

We fear nobody except Allah SWT.

We still maintain our NO RANSOM stance.

These are pertinent questions that should bug any curios mind: is it a retaliation for suspending the emir, or maybe an attack on the former Senator for his opinions against against banditry?

What would the state government do?

Would the deposed emir be interrogated on this incident?

Is it a declaration of war to the former senator’s family?

What will the FG & Nat. security do?

Long Live Dansadau
Long Live Zamfara
Long Live Nigeria

GOOD NATION, GREAT PEOPLE��

https://twitter.com/iam_dansadau/status/1400421587996848129?s=21

Cc Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
no long live for Nigeria....it time we go our separate ways!

1 Like

Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Commentor: 10:42am On Jul 30, 2021
thaoriginator:
shocked

Omo no be small matter oh!

Me bloodclat!

me member wen me deh inna di area, Gusau to be precise. It ah real bad man area weh you cyaan bleeps around..

But me no pussyy inna di badman area, me make sure me get me supply ready.. me highgrade ganja me get it by the pound yeah..

BUT couldn't blaze it freely, me haffi mix it with di bagga thing dem ah call Shisha smoke. cos if the peope hear di aroma dem coulda call di popo dem..

ah informer dem, people ah live inna fear inna Zamfara..

ah fraid dem ah fraid but me nuh fraid a people! cry

a weed me ah smoke

grin

1 Like

Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by LegalWolf: 10:46am On Jul 30, 2021
SportsHD:
If you read magazines from 2000s. You'll know that banditry has been in Nigeria since. It just got worse. Politics runs everything in Nigeria. Even boko haram, we all know it's politically motivated.
If the government wants to squash insurgency, it would. But those weapons, logistics contracts,damn. It wouldn't let them.

The ghost villages and towns in the N.E, who is in charge of the talc, copper, and gypsum mines there?
It's the insurgents. With government backing.

Also, fishing at the lake Chad basin has been disrupted by bh. But, what if I tell you that there's a private company, guarded by the N.A exporting at least 30 trucks of fish everyday.

War is business. Ask pmc's and NRA's all-over the world.

Completely agree with you. However, mor0ns like Gerrard59 holds a fanatically contrary view. So ignorant and foolish at the same time - worst combination

1 Like

Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by thaoriginator: 10:48am On Jul 30, 2021
Commentor:

grin
Cigarette issa cancer me no 4uck wit it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by sapientia(m): 10:55am On Jul 30, 2021
Take Home Points

They know their Names and Farms
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by ToastingAllowan: 11:30am On Jul 30, 2021
NIGERIAN action film
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Dymaco(m): 11:37am On Jul 30, 2021
post=104242379:
All supporters and enablers of evil will never end well in life.
So this is all you have to say? If it is Sunday or kanu, you will start typing epistles of people killed by esn.

Why didn't you talk about thousands of soldiers slaughtered by bandits? Thank God bandits no know political party
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Mayeldah(m): 11:39am On Jul 30, 2021
Isn't it surprising that a whole region of the country, majority of whom are people adherents to the 'Religion of Peace' decided to turn their lands to where criminals reign supreme and blood flows daily.

There is no humanity in them, all they think about is violence and power.

Call out the Governor and Buhari now and you will see all Northern political groups saying 'Attack against the North'

Our prayer is that the North destroys itself, becuase they are a clog in the wheel of progress in Nigeria.
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by frog12: 11:42am On Jul 30, 2021
na the GOLD dey cause am !
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by gudugudumeje: 11:51am On Jul 30, 2021
Shameless lot...
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Emmanuelcann: 11:53am On Jul 30, 2021
Nothing new in the land of the dead.
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Shinor(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2021
thaoriginator:
shocked

Omo no be small matter oh!

Me bloodclat!

me member wen me deh inna di area, Gusau to be precise. It ah real bad man area weh you cyaan bleeps around..

But me no pussyy inna di badman area, me make sure me get me supply ready.. me highgrade ganja me get it by the pound yeah..

BUT couldn't blaze it freely, me haffi mix it with di bagga thing dem ah call Shisha smoke. cos if the peope hear di aroma dem coulda call di popo dem..

ah informer dem, people ah live inna fear inna Zamfara..

ah fraid dem ah fraid but me nuh fraid a people! cry

a weed me ah smoke

Can you refer yourself to a good psychiatrist ?
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Obamaofusa: 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2021
I have always known that the North had constituted itself as a stumbling block for Nigeria especially Southerners.It is best we go our separate ways.The Northerners excluding NC,have vowed to remain as babarians and backward projected..
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Ishilove: 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2021
Bandits are known by their names and attacking style, few out of many are the likes of Dogo Gide, Mochoko, Kachalla Mosu, Kachalla Ibrahim, Black, Dodo, etc.
Are these two by any chance related to Alhaji Mala Kachalla, former governor of Borno state?
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Ishilove: 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2021
This article is very interesting and eye opening.

Mai Rago gave bandits hell for a year before being redeployed to fight ISWAP/BH, but the point is bandits are not as invincible as they make themselves out to be. Politics, greed, selfishness and wickedness has not allowed the compromised authorities to take the fight seriously.
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by Tonitoniton(m): 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2021
Islam is about killing looting, raping, destroying etc.

Nothing good can come out of Islam.

Any where they go they leave a trail of blood and destruction in their wake.

To all u southerners that think it will only end in the north, be day dreaming, dont start acting now.

May God continue to punish all who voted in this barbarian into power and still refuse to repent.

Evil will not depart from those people supporting evil in the land.

What ever a man sow he reaps.
Re: The Politics Enabling Banditry In Nigeria by cooltola(m): 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2021
What the North needs is Law and order. When Law is enforced , order will follow.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari / WHO, Global Fund Applaud Okonjo-iweala’s Appointment / 2019: 10 Parties Adopt Olawepo-hashim As Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.