Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal (38200 Views)

Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) / MAKE THAT CAREER SWITCH TO HR WITH CERTIFICATION EDGE? / 10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Kingrefreshed: 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2021
c2far:
Your personality should be a major deciding factor before you choose a career. If you love wealth there are certain career paths you can't choose. Not because you won't be wealthy, it is because you have a lower chance to and again there is a bigger chance you may get tempted.

Imagine a young lecturer saying he or she wants to be as wealthy as Dangote. Chances are that your case will be like that of the NECO/JAMB man, Dibu Ojerinde.

You can't be a Police Officer and be as ostentatious as Kyari. Check his Facebook timeline. That picture of him and his brothers puts the latter at risk. That profession does not fit that lifestyle. Imagine seeing my Imam that loves comedy always liking the posts of Mr. Macaroni. He can only enjoy the posts privately.

You know you have a weakness for women and you are a lecturer in the School of Social Sciences. Even criminals who want to stay undetected stay off social media but then they can't help it sometimes. If you love to be in informal dresses, there are certain profession that will be hard for you to fit in. I can't go to the hospital and then I am told the doctor is the best but he is on dreads.... I'll not risk it. I'll take a walk. There are written and unwritten code for every profession. Kyari erred.

He saw my Kaftan and liked it.... Are you normal at all Kyari? (In Macaroni's voice). We loved the idea that there was our own Jack Bauer somewhere but then it seems all is lost now.

Don't just get a job because you need one. Get one that fits. And stay with the code. We spend over 12 hours daily on our work. It's our life. Choose wisely.

I thought by now he should have been in Kiri Kiri or DSS custody.

He should be on handcuffs! Criminal!!!
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Ytea(f): 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2021
grin OP. Nice piece, you writing is interesting to read.
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by nkemdi89(f): 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2021
One thing you should understand is that, most of them from that region love any government job , not because of the spirit of servitude, but they love power. There are so many of them who are just working in government because their families want them to.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by descartes400: 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2021
I do not support the notion of just having the police officer investigated only on just the strength of the US indictment.

I would have it that aside the US indictment,every case file that this Abba Kyari has handled in the course of his career as a police officer, let say, from 15 years back should be re-opened and re-investigated to make sure he did not pervert justice on those cases and to ensure that victims of his perversion of justice are well compensated.

Kudos to the FBI for a job well done.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by KayCee92(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2021
Wetin Kyari no go see for Nairaland grin
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Forgodsgrace: 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2021
Forget this epistle ,there is serious hunger and the land and it will be difficult to a sincere person these days in all professions.
95% of Nigerian POLICE ARE corrupt,some of them are even providing tools for Thule de boys and same way you find it in civil servants and any other profession .
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2021
post=104248210:
Abba Kyari we love you as a good cop.
We love you for bringing to an end the reign of all the bad guys in this nation, from the baddest kidnapper in the history of Nigeria, to terrorists, to high end armed robbers and criminals,
Yes, we love and thank you all for all these good works,
But for this indictment and juxtaposition with fraud,
Kindly come out to do the needful by clearing your name or else, you will lose the respect of those of us that see you as our super policeman.
Hand over yourself to FBI and clear your name right here, right now CSP Abba.

We will continue to wait for the outcome of everything at the end.

We aren't rising for now....
We will chill for the IGP review and hold.to to their promise of communicatingto the members of the public after their investigation...

We will be waiting,
Y'all should just make it fast fast!

All of us @MANNA say NO to all MANNER of Fraudulent activities and crime in our darling nation.
That is the CHANGE we voted for.

May God punish ALL looters, fraudsters and criminals in Nigeria, wherever and whoever they are.
First reasonable statement

He is not handling himself to FBI but the court currently hearing the case in USA where he is indicted.

A competent court where he can be sure justice won't be perverted if clean
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by biggz82: 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2021
Kyari don die 4 Nigerians hand
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Superboss: 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2021
Even this dead barbecue maker that is jumping upon & down saying rubbish: "we will wait and see"
Did you spew this trash when Invectus Obi was accused and subsequently arrested?
Did your brain leave and you forgot to say: "we will wait and see" when other criminals and fraudsters were bursted by the FBI?
Double standards and stupidity will always becloud u and ur like that sense of reasoning.
The world has known that ur 'supercop' is a real super crook. Thank gracious for d FBI.
Go to Maiduguri, Damboa road and see the multi-million naira house this thief called Abba Kyari is building.
Where did he get the money? How much is his salary?
When Buhari came and told u urchins that he could not avoid nomination form, u believed him, right?
But, today his little son, Yusuf is a millionaire,so also his wife.
Gullibility is common among the unintelligent folks.

1 Like

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by ignis: 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2021
Is Kyari really a tailor ?
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by sharpwriter(m): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2021
Authoreety:
Police are criminals... Go to onitcha-asaba Bridge and see what they do there... That bridge is a serious money making machine for those police criminals at the asaba end of the bridge...

U can't imagine the suffering people pass thru at that bridge everyday just because the criminal police there, have built holdup in order to extort drivers plying that road... It's a steady occurrence and it's always terrible.... Nobody wants to experience it
Really? Maybe they need to be reported to UGM grin or has UGM visited them once? grin

1 Like

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by NaijaDonCast(m): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2021
CamusMidas:
"I can't go to the hospital and then I am told the doctor is the best but he is on dreads.... I'll not risk it. I'll take a walk".

You are just plain stupid, I say this with zero apology.
me I stopped reading after I reached that line
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by referendum01(m): 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2021
CamusMidas:
"I can't go to the hospital and then I am told the doctor is the best but he is on dreads.... I'll not risk it. I'll take a walk".

Just wondering who is the plain stupid one here.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by 10kgod(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2021
akablue:
Get different categories of Movies in a 500gb,1tb external hard drive playable on your TV or even Laptop.
Numba and price is on my profile

You have never add asking price to this your stuff... undecided
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Fcwilly: 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2021
It's time malami export him with the same speed he import MNK into Nigeria.
Nonsense APC government
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by kay29000(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
Nice write-up OP...
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by descartes400: 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2021
CamusMidas:

He aired an opinion, an opinion in which he did not insult you but rather than countering his piece,you made a decision to rather insult him! Are you OKAY?

2 Likes

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by CasNova: 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2021
Good writeup
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Miosendyin: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2021
Hey David, his rank is dcp not csp. Keep deceiving yourself . David how much dem cut your money to dis week?

post=104248210:
We love you for bringing to an end the reign of all the bad guys in this nation, from the baddest kidnapper in the history of Nigeria, to terrorists, to high end armed robbers and criminals,
Kindly come out to do the needful by clearing your name or else, you will lose the respect of those of us that see you as our super policeman.

We will chill for the IGP review and hold.to to their promise of communicatingto the members of the public after their investigation...

We will be waiting,

All of us @MANNA say NO to all MANNER of Fraudulent activities and crime in our darling nation.

May God punish ALL looters, fraudsters and criminals in Nigeria, wherever and whoever they are.
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by 1EmmyKay: 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2021
Make una leave Kyari alone oo. I bet y'all lots would have syphoned even more money if in his shoes. Everybody na thief na person wey dey catch na im be culprit grin grin
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by gleamy(m): 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2021
Na Cubana saga bring this Kyari to spotlight once again until FBI come top am.. smiley grin
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Oyiboman69: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2021
post=104248208:

That caught our attention, we were like wtf?
As Sisi Yewande of @[/b] wrote in our very first comment about this case that,
[b]"what kinda play is a dog playing with a Lion?
(Yoruba Proverbs by Sisi Yewande of @.)
If HushBingo wants to buy kaftan, doesn't he knows the tailoring shop of Yomi Casual etc....?

That was a no no, but for now, all said and done....
Our post below is where we stand at this point.......
your post always reeks off boredom....

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by naturefellow(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2021
post=104248210:

We will be waiting,

forget all this okoto you're sermonising like one with schizophrenia. It's a universal law...
your sins would find you out. Only a matter of time!
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Queenserah26(f): 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2021
This is apt
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by naturefellow(m): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2021
osuofia2:
KYARI IS CONING OUT STRONGER AND BETTER. THOSE NONSENSE MEDIAL TRIAL SHOULD STOP. ALLEGATION IS NOT FINAL VERDICT .
and who told you this is media trial. Better go get information on this development from legit news source, and not random comments on Nairaland.
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Mitsurugi(m): 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2021
CamusMidas:

Don't mind him. He hasn't been in crisis before, if he has he'll accept even a 2 year old with the solution to his wahala.
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2021
descartes400:

He aired an opinion, an opinion in which he did not insult you but rather than countering his piece,you made a decision to rather insult him! Are you OKAY?
Dude you don't tell me what to say, fvck off.

1 Like

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Dagger111(m): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2021
CamusMidas:

He was right though. U can't expect a doc to be on tinted dreads and beards as long as Osama's. It is wrong. In medical, shaving is part of cleanliness and orderliness. Get this dread doctor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

High Cost Of Living: How Much Do You Earn Monthly And How Much Do You Spend / 7 Ways Low Income Earners Can Make The Most Out Of Their Earnings. / Police Officer Cries And Shouts During Teargas Training(photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.