Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,840 members, 7,838,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

"Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" (974 Views)

Snake Bites 2-year-old; Kid Bites Back, Killing It / Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) / What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by Odoctor(m): 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2021
I saw a caption this morning about how 5billion was recovered for NHIS.
https://www.nairaland.com/6676526/nasir-sambo-efcc-recovers-n5.4bn
Immediately my went to my patients who died because of no money. Some have DAMAed (Discharged Against Medical Advice) b/c they could not afford stay in hospital again, even when their case is obviously bad.

Top most amongst them is Mrs XYZ who died of Snake bite. Amongst all things to kill someone, its snake bite. cry cry

Read till the END.

WHAT TO DO IF SNAKE BITES YOU

Snake bites are not still strange. I lost a patient yesterday because of snake bite. That’s why I bringing you this message. Its so painful seeing this creeping creature be a reason a human has to leave this earth. Amongst all things to die from, snake should not be part of it.

Anti snake venom
Now this what we all know – that there is an anti snake-venom which neutralizes the poison the snake injects inside the body. But the catch is this, this woman we lost had this anti snake-venom, but she died yet.

She presented 5days post bite to our center. She had been receiving treatment from a hospital somwhere. and according to the relatives, she had been fine before relapsing. So what could have possibly happened!?

These are the possibilities:

1. It is possible that the anti snake venom she has been receiving was not potent enough. This may be true or false. But it’s a possiblity. There are so many things in the market. Anytime you have a snake bite, understand that you are wrestling with time. Hence you would not want to gamble your limited opportunities. Do not just go any where, this is information age, be sure of the authenticity of the anti snake venom you are opting for.

2. Another possibility according to my senior registrar was that, it is possible the amount of anti snake venom given was not commensurate with the amount of snake venom in the blood. So here its a question of dose. Even if you have recovered , it is advisable you receive the treatment some few extra days before asking to be discharged from the hospital.

3. The family of the snake is unknown: There are different types of anti snake venom as there are different types of snakes. The woman did not see or kill the snake that bit her. So she’s literally receiving a broad spectrum anti snake venom or worse still a totally different anti venom from the specie that bit her.

In essence , if luxury permits you, try and get a picture, or description of the type of snake that bit you. It will help in your treatment. If you were able to kill the snake, take it along with you to the hospital.

4. Its not every building that has the inscription “Hospital” , that is a hospital. So do not just enter any where to get treated of snake bite. Remember you are at race time. Yes I understand, you may have to choose to enter the most available “hospital” to outsmart time, even when that ” hospital ” is not hospitable enough. This is usually the case especially those living in rural areas. But here , your discretion will be put to good use.

In academic environment, it is called speed and accuracy. You need to act fast, and at the same time accurate. I wish you God’s grace!

Final advice:

Honestly speaking, amongst all things to die from, snake bite should be the least.

The bible said we are in enmity with the snake:

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”
Gen. 3:15

You are meant to crush its head first, and incapacitate it from striking your heel. May the reverse not be our case. Amen.

https://odoctor.ng/what-to-do-if-a-snake-bites-you/

Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by dudusky007(m): 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
Just tie the affected place so the poison doesn't spread...then pray with palms 27 that's all. Biggest secret revealed
Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by Odoctor(m): 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2021
dudusky007:
Ok

Even me that posted is still proofreading, yet you already asserted "OK" ...lol

Are you sure you read till end? undecided
Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by Aboks(m): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2021
Somebody's food laaaa
Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by dudusky007(m): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2021
Odoctor:

Even me that posted is still proofreading, yet you already asserted "OK" ...lol

Are you sure you read till end? undecided
1st to comment na,where dem dey collect the award?
Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by Odoctor(m): 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2021
dudusky007:
1st to comment na,where dem dey collect the award?
Check our blog , you may find interesting topics that will help your health.

Health is wealth. Money is not everything shocked
Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by dudusky007(m): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2021
Odoctor:

Check our blog , you may find interesting topics that will help your health.

Health is wealth. Money is not everything shocked
then give me your money
Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by Odoctor(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2021
dudusky007:
then give me your money

kiss
Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by TarOrfeeek: 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2021
How many hospitals in the Sahel have anti-snake venom.

What infrastructure/facilities will be used to move the patient to the health center?

If snake bites you, reveal your ATM password to your next of kin.

Don't stress us that are remaining.

1 Like

Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by chiiraq802(m): 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2021
dudusky007:
Just tie the affected place so the poison doesn't spread...then pray with palms 27 that's all. Biggest secret revealed

This is how psalms 27 will be looking at the person grin

Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by Odoctor(m): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

How many hospitals in the Sahel have anti-snake venom.

What infrastructure/facilities will be used to move the patient to the health center?

If snake bites you, reveal your ATM password to your next of kin.

Don't stress us that are remaining.

Even the ones available are mostly broad spectrum, and most are not affordable.
Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by sylve11: 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2021
dudusky007:
then give me your money

e nor pass like that. cool
Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by Oluolad86(f): 7:33pm On Jul 30, 2021
Thanks for this wonderful tip
Re: "Snake Killed My Patient, Do This If Snake Bites You" by Odoctor(m): 7:57pm On Jul 30, 2021
Oluolad86:
Thanks for this wonderful tip
Welcome

(1) (Reply)

How A Port Harcourt Lady Died From BBL Surgery In Lagos (pictures) / Cameroon Has The 2nd Biggest Average Manhood In The World, See Your Country / Stress The Silent Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.