Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

The Marks Of The Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Marks Of The Lord (169 Views)

I Bear In My Body The Marks Of The Lord Jesus / Some Marks Of Being Seriously Deceived By Men And Religion / Why Do I Wake Up With Mysterious Marks On My Body? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Marks Of The Lord by kpakpandoN(m): 7:10am On Jul 31, 2021
A mark can be described as an impression, a distinguishing trait or quality. Every genuine child of God bears some mark within them that identifies him or her as a child of God.
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.
Romans 8:16

One distinguishing trait or quality that indicates ownership by the Lord Jesus is holiness which produces faithfulness and other Christian virtues. Every one belonging to Christ is expected to be holy in order to exhibit His characteristics. Faithfulness is another hallmark of a Christian carrying the mark of Jesus. This results in our steadfastness in prayer, tithes and offerings, studying the word of God, our marital relationships, general human relations and our service to God. God expects you as His child to be faithful to Him, yourself and others.

Christ came to do the perfect will of God for His life.
Hebrews 10:7 says:
“Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.”

Anything that brings shame or reproach to the name of the Lord is not His will for your life. Are you passionate about the things of God? Do you obey the Bible which is the written word of God?

Love is another mark of the Lord Jesus. John 13:1 says:
“Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.”

Indicators of love include endurance, kindness, selflessness, humility, self-discipline and purity. Love subdues pride and vain glory; It is not puffed up with conceit. It is not insolent, neither does it despise others, trample on them, nor treat them with contempt and scorn. Love is selfless, the complete opposite of selfishness. It cannot harbour malice, neither can it plan evil.

Holiness and love are two marks of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do you bear these marks?
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Nigerians Are Saying As Rev. Chris Okotie Describes Late TB Joshua As A Mag / Today's Devotionals For Thursday 12th August 2021 / Profile History: Read Amazing Things About Apst Johnson Suleman U Life Know Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.