Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. (13817 Views)

Jesus Saved You, Not Only With His Blood, But With Both His Baptism And Blood! / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Lifebenzy: 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2021
How many disciples were speaking in tongues before the Pentecostal day when the Holy Ghost was first experience..you cannot and should not speak in tongues until you're baptise in the Holy Ghost.. someone can be save by believing in Christ and get baptized in the Spirit same times..in fact the only requirement to get baptized in the Spirit is believing in the Lord Jesus Christ
Kobojunkie:
Speaking in tongues is not evidence of the baptism of the Spirit of God but instead evidence that you believe in Jesus Christ, and this according to what Jesus Christ said of the signs which will follow those who believe in Him, of which speaking in a foreign tongue is one of them - Mark 16 vs 15 - 18 undecided
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Successfulben: 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2021
You cannot get filled with the Holy ghost by accident. You have to be deliberate. Sir, what you thought you experienced might not be the Spirit infilling. Don't go around with a fake experience.
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by herlecks(m): 4:16pm On Aug 01, 2021
oluwaahmed:
4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

So op if u were not born of the water(baptism) then u cannot be born of the spirit. I think pentecostal churches misuse or lack understanding of the word "born again".
You witches err! The Water there is significant of the Word of God which you receive through the messengers of Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 01, 2021
MrNipplesLover:

Stop it joor. grin grin grin

No be everything the eyes see we go react to. grin grin grin
Oyinbo don finish us. We don copy dem sote we kun dey worship dem.

1 Like

Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by aytuns(m): 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2021
Sharrpguy:

So it happened yesterday night at church, we were having a 12 hour praise night of worship. I just said ah lemme just Go oooo. So I went sha started the service like normal prayed and praised The LORD GOD.

And then one of those singing said " the spirit of the lord is moving, is there anyone here who doesn't have the Holy spirit come out to the front.". In my mind I just dey like ogbeni not today jhoor. So while those who came out were being prayed for I just sat down and was relaxing then I felt this strange warmth and tingling, then that was how I began to speak in tongues. Praise the Lord.

Let me just add it was one of the most awesome thing I have ever experienced, like super Awesome, To say I was blessed is small, I was filled with GOD's glory. Praise the Lord.

Thanks for sharing, but Please help me answer these questions

1. Which of the early Apostles laid hands on you to transfer the gift of speaking in tongues to you? Acts 8:13-20, Rom 1:11

2. Was the tongue you spoke a known, recognised and understandable language? Acts 2:3-12

3. Did you understand what you were saying? 1cor 14:4

4. Was there an interpreter that the rest of the church would be edified from your words? 1cor 14:22-33

1 Like

Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by chccho(m): 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God is Holy and He , through His Spirit, only inhabits vessels that are Holy/Perfect or Sinless. So, unless you are sure you are a Holy vessel, without sin, something that is quite possible, I am afraid to inform you that what you experienced yesterday may not have been the baptism of the Spirit of God but simply the expression of the gift of tongues which is instead a sign to follow those who believe in Jesus Christ - Mark 16 vs 17-18 undecided

Basically, speaking in tongues IS NOT a sign or confirmation of Holy Spirit Baptism, but instead a sign that one believes in Jesus Christ. undecided

In order to become a vessel worthy of the Spirit of God, you must become a Son of God - one who is free from bondage to sins and is holy/perfect. According to Jesus Christ, the only way to achieving this is through continual submission to and obedience(Know) the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ(the Truth of God), for it is by knowing the Truth that the Truth then sets one free from slavery to sin. undecided
And u who made u a judge or teacher to tell him what he experienced Did u experience it for him Why condemn his experience are u God SPEAKING IN TONGUES IS AN EVIDENCE OF THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST

1 Like

Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Youngsage: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
aytuns:

1. Which of the early Apostles laid hands on you to transfer the gift of speaking in tongues to you? Acts 8:13-20, Rom 1:11

2. Was the tongue you spoke a known, recognised and understandable language? Acts 2:3-12

4. Was there an interpreter that the rest of the church would be edified from your words? 1cor 14:22-33

God bless you!
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2021
Lifebenzy:
How many disciples were speaking in tongues before the Pentecostal day when the Holy Ghost was first experience..you cannot and should not speak in tongues until you're baptise in the Holy Ghost.. someone can be save by believing in Christ and get baptized in the Spirit same times..in fact the only requirement to get baptized in the Spirit is believing in the Lord Jesus Christ
Either you believe God is a liar or you accept that His Word is True - it is simple. undecided

Jesus Christ, again, told you that speaking in tongues is a sign that you believe in Him, not not sign that you have the Spirit of God living inside of you, this in Mark 16 vs 14 - 18. Do you believe Jesus Christ, or do you not? undecided
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2021
chccho:

And u who made u a judge or teacher to tell him what he experienced Did u experience it for him Why condemn his experience are u God SPEAKING IN TONGUES IS AN EVIDENCE OF THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST
God does not lie!
What that means is that any idea that contradicts the Truth of God is not of God's Truth. It is really that simple and straightforward as far as God is concerned. undecided
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by OHIGGI: 5:18pm On Aug 01, 2021
the holy spirit fell on you and you begin to speak in tongue and you still remember that you are speaking in tongue while the holy spirit is operating in you? it well sir
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Godwritten: 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
EhisChelsea1:

Send a DM or your Watsapp number via DM. Will send you ebooks that will be of help to you. Benny Hill, Papa Oyedepo, Kenneth Hagin, Myles Munroe, Pastor Chris and books by other authors that would be of blessing to you and help keep the fire burning... congrats bro and keep the fanning the fire by consistently praying in this new heavenly tongue you have received

Pls, I would like to have those books as well.

I send you a DM right away.

Thank you so much.
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2021
herlecks:
You witches err! The Water there is significant of the Word of God which you receive through the messengers of Yahweh.
The water is for washing you pure - Ezekiel 36 vs 24 - 26
24 “I will take you out of those nations, gather you together, and bring you back to your own land. 25 Then I will sprinkle pure water on you and make you pure. I will wash away all your filth, the filth from those nasty idols, and I will make you pure. 26 I will also put a new spirit in you to change your way of thinking. I will take out the heart of stone from your body and give you a tender, human heart. - Ezekiel 36 vs 24 - 26
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by stancydg: 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
More than just that, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. Why do you ask? undecided

Sorry, got into something else.

I ask because of the paradoxical nature of your comments with a subtleness that seems kind of anti-church(careful not to use anti-Christ), even though you seem to have a knowledge that challenges likely erroneous beliefs systems, which has been setting you up against most other people here.

Any which way, I am interested in having the full details of your thoughts on the topics at hand. Kindly go on.

1 Like

Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2021
stancydg:

Sorry, got into something else.

I ask because of the paradoxical nature of your comments with a subtleness that seems kind of anti-church(careful not to use anti-Christ), even though you seem to have a knowledge that challenges likely erroneous beliefs systems, which has been setting you up against most other people here.

Any which way, I am interested in having the full details of your thoughts on the topics at hand. Kindly go on.
Your churches are part and parcel of that very erroneous belief system, even if you don't realize it still, and this from their very inception. So, there is nothing paradoxical about my comments since I base them solely on the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ Himself, the one whom may who have veered off in every direction possible, except towards Him, claim to worship. undecided
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by stancydg: 6:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your churches are part and parcel of that very erroneous belief system, even if you don't realize it still, and this from their very inception. So, there is nothing paradoxical about my comments since I base them solely on the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ Himself, the one whom may who have veered off in every direction possible, except towards Him, claim to worship. undecided

You really don't have to be up against the same church of Jesus Christ you claim to base your comments on. If there are insights you have and feel others don't, isn't it better to submit totally to God's calling and enlighten from the inside out just like Pastor Chris of C.E has done for so many years and today, a lot of wrong perceptions have been changed.

You shouldn't be for the kingdom and then be against her, at the same time.

1 Like

Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2021
stancydg:

You really don't have to be up against the same church of Jesus Christ you claim to base your comments on. If there are insights you have and feel others don't, isn't it better to submit totally to God's calling and enlighten from the inside out just like Pastor Chris of C.E has done for so many years and today, a lot of wrong perceptions have been changed.

You shouldn't be for the kingdom and then be against her, at the same time.
Your churches are not to be confused with the Church that belongs to Jesus Christ, as the very foundations of your churches happen to be laid on doctrines and traditions of men, an abomination to God and the Truth of God. undecided

Even your pastors and your Mogs are the very false prophets Jesus Christ warned you are nothing but thieves come to steal, kill and destroy His flock. undecided

The Kingdom of God exists outside of your churches which are instwad kingdoms built here to the gkodu of of men that are masters over them. Once you stop confusing the one for the other, you too will hopefully see the Truth that has been right before all for over 2000 years now. undecided
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by chccho(m): 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God does not lie!
What that means is that [b]any idea that contradicts the Truth of God is not of God's Truth. [/b]It is really that simple and straightforward as far as God is concerned. undecided
Only God himself can tell what contradicts his truth,God alone knows the truth not u.you are not an encyclopedia of truth, u are ordinary dust of the earth.
You have no right whatsoever to condemn or criticize someone else's personal experience(s) neither can u or should u enforce your opinion on someone else. To each his own, peace be unto u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God is Holy and He , through His Spirit, only inhabits vessels that are Holy/Perfect or Sinless. So, unless you are sure you are a Holy vessel, without sin, something that is quite possible, I am afraid to inform you that what you experienced yesterday may not have been the baptism of the Spirit of God but simply the expression of the gift of tongues which is instead a sign to follow those who believe in Jesus Christ - Mark 16 vs 17-18 undecided

Basically, speaking in tongues IS NOT a sign or confirmation of Holy Spirit Baptism, but instead a sign that one believes in Jesus Christ. undecided

In order to become a vessel worthy of the Spirit of God, you must become a Son of God - one who is free from bondage to sins and is holy/perfect. According to Jesus Christ, the only way to achieving this is through continual submission to and obedience(Know) the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ(the Truth of God), for it is by knowing the Truth that the Truth then sets one free from slavery to sin. undecided

Now a post I am proud to read
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2021
aytuns:

Are you being a critc or a challenger?
Don't be afraid to speak your opinion
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2021
chccho:

Only God himself can tell what contradicts his truth,God alone knows the truth not u. you are not an encyclopedia of truth, u are ordinary dust of the earth.
You have no right whatsoever to condemn or criticize someone else's personal experience(s) neither can u or should u enforce your opinion on someone else. To each his own, peace be unto u.
If you truly believe that, then I am afraid you are lost! undecided

Jesus Christ, God's very own Truth, came down over 2000 years ago to reveal God's Truth to you as far far His Kingdom I concerned. If you don't even believe the teachings and commandments of the one who is Law and Truth of God as God's Truth, then I led to ask what you are doing commenting on a topic that concerns the Truth which He taught to His followers? undecided
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by chccho(m): 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ, God's very own Truth, came down over 2000 years ago to reveal God's Truth to you as far far His Kingdom I concerned. If you don't even believe the teachings and commandments of the one who is Law and Truth of God as God's Truth, then I led to ask what you are doing commenting on a topic that concerns the Truth which He taught to His followers? undecided
Like i said u are not the truth and, i am not obliged to take your opinion for anything. Its just your opinion and it means nothing!!!
God alone knows the pure truth and i look to him alone for it. So stop trying hard to prove anything to me, I'm not interested. Instead u go and seek more of the truth for yourself and let others be in peace

1 Like

Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by chccho(m): 7:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
Daddy Freeze stop trying to enforce your opinion on us here
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
chccho:

Like i said u are not the truth and, i am not obliged to take your opinion for anything. Its just your opinion and it means nothing!!!
God alone knows the pure truth and i look to him alone for it. So stop trying hard to prove anything to me, I'm not interested. Instead u go and seek more of the truth for yourself and let others be in peace
Pay attention!
Kobojunkie:

If you cannot openly proclaim the Truth of Jesus Christ, then again, I ask you, what are you doing here? undecided
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by chccho(m): 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Pay attention!

If you cannot openly proclaim the Truth of Jesus Christ, then again, I ask you, what are you doing here? undecided
I can be here for as long or whatever reason i choose to be here for.
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Aug 01, 2021
chccho:

I can be here for as long or whatever reason i choose to be here for.
The question is what are you doing here if you do not know the truth of the God you claim to serve? undecided
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by chccho(m): 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The question is what are you doing here if you do not know the truth of the God you claim to serve? undecided
I know my truth and i dont have to prove or enforce it on u. I am here to stay, if u dont like it go and blow a whistle..

1 Like

Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
chccho:

I know my truth and i dont have to prove or enforce it on u. I am here to stay, if u dont like it go and blow a whistle..
Your truth? Do you realize that makes you seem even more retarded now? I am talking of God’s Truth and you bring up your truth, do you even understand what Truth implies in this context? undecided
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by chccho(m): 8:21pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your truth? Do you realize that makes you seem even more retarded now? I am talking of God’s Truth and you bring up your truth, do you even understand what Truth implies in this context? undecided
Pls u are disturbing my peace.
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2021
chccho:

Pls u are disturbing my peace.
Another one of your meaningless truths? undecided
Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Nne5: 8:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
As you received it, you should guard it and continue to immerse in the word to avoid loosing it. I have personally received it over 4times, yet I lose it after a long while. You mentioned redeemed, church, I guess I will look for a Redeem over here and attend to see if It can be restored. Just a word of advice.
You did not lose it dear. Neither did you receive it four times. You got it once and the best part is, its still in you. You only need to stir it up.
And when its stired up, ensure you continue speaking it.
You edify~charge up, build up~ yourself when you speak in tongues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Nne5: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Stop preaching lies

1 Like

Re: My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience. by Map1(m): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
Sharrpguy:
I gave my life fully to Christ early this month, lemme add that I have been attending Church since I was little, but i believe as per say I have been attending Church means I have automatically given my life to Christ.

Lately I have been wanting the baptism of the Holy ghost since a few months now, buh honestly I was scared like really scared because of some deliverance and some spiritual stuff that happened in my secondary school.

So it happened yesterday night at church, we were having a 12 hour praise night of worship. I just said ah lemme just Go oooo. So I went sha started the service like normal prayed and praised The LORD GOD.

And then one of those singing said " the spirit of the lord is moving, is there anyone here who doesn't have the Holy spirit come out to the front.". In my mind I just dey like ogbeni not today jhoor. So while those who came out were being prayed for I just sat down and was relaxing then I felt this strange warmth and tingling, then that was how I began to speak in tongues. Praise the Lord.

Let me just add it was one of the most awesome thing I have ever experienced, like super Awesome, To say I was blessed is small, I was filled with GOD's glory. Praise the Lord.
Holy ghost � you RPG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? / Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! / Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.